Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > Specific Topics > Off Topic Chat

Off Topic Chat All non related chat goes here.

Old 10-09-2010, 09:54 AM   #1
revcyanide
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (10)
revcyanide is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 10 reviews
done with BMT!

Hey everyone, I only met a handful of you before i left for basic military training, but i graduated a few weeks ago and finally have access to the net again.
Basic was a really interesting experience, i was able to do a lot of things most civilians will never participate in. I really enjoyed a few parts of it, the gas chamber, the obstacle course, BEAST week, CATM (firing range, m16's).
The humidity sucked but it started cooling off while i was there and i met some pretty chill guys.
right now I'm in Mississippi for tech schooling. I am in the middle of Beloxi, about an hourish away from new Orleans and Pensacola. I'm already talking to someone about picking up a 240 here since ill be here for a while, I guess i am a sadist.
White chuki coupe with hideous rims. bodys pretty straight though and it looks clean enough, theres also a kouki ive been looking at for 4000 with 60000 miles, but its an auto and i dont know if i wanna get into a manual swap again while im here.
anyway ill be posting here again while i can, just figured id drop in to say whats good.
revcyanide is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 10-09-2010, 10:12 AM   #2
D.Bo
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (0)
D.Bo is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
welcome.....local forum ----->http://nostreetracing.org/
D.Bo is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2010, 12:26 PM   #3
ESmorz
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (2)
ESmorz is close to perfectionESmorz is close to perfectionESmorz is close to perfectionESmorz is close to perfectionESmorz is close to perfectionESmorz is close to perfectionESmorz is close to perfectionESmorz is close to perfectionESmorz is close to perfectionESmorz is close to perfectionESmorz is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Send a message via AIM to ESmorz
Reach for the stars.
Old 10-09-2010, 12:30 PM   #4
TougeLove
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (5)
TougeLove is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 5 reviews
it is a fun experience, gas chamber is nothing though, more fun than scary. i think everyone should have to do basic after high school. i think it would help boys become men and girls become woman.

ugh dont visit pensacola. it sucks. i was stationed there for a while. has the poorest county in the entire states.
TougeLove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2010, 01:08 PM   #5
Shitty_S14
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (5)
Shitty_S14 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 5 reviews
ugh p-cola sucks,, only thing there is strip clubs and donks.. never waste ur time there, new orleans is a different story loved it there.. btw:are you even allowed a vehicle under student status?
Old 10-09-2010, 01:08 PM   #6
JAtl

JAtl is an unknown quantity at this point
thats wuzup, congrats homie! whats your job? and how long at keesler? and idk about buying a car in tech school, unless you have no overseas options listed, or plan to trade your overseas orders if you get them to someone with a state side base...this happened to a couple of my friends haha
JAtl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2010, 02:46 PM   #7
Mister.E
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (53)
Mister.E has a reputation beyond reputeMister.E has a reputation beyond reputeMister.E has a reputation beyond reputeMister.E has a reputation beyond reputeMister.E has a reputation beyond reputeMister.E has a reputation beyond reputeMister.E has a reputation beyond reputeMister.E has a reputation beyond reputeMister.E has a reputation beyond reputeMister.E has a reputation beyond reputeMister.E has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 53 reviews
Pensacola is awesome compared to Biloxi. I'd be perfectly content for the rest of my life if i never had to go back to that shit hole again. It's been over 6 years since i was there for Tech School and im sure that much hasnt changed aside from Katrina's havoc rolling through.
Mister.E is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2010, 04:56 PM   #8
JohnnyDrfiter22
Zilvia Addict

JohnnyDrfiter22 has a spectacular aura aboutJohnnyDrfiter22 has a spectacular aura aboutJohnnyDrfiter22 has a spectacular aura aboutJohnnyDrfiter22 has a spectacular aura aboutJohnnyDrfiter22 has a spectacular aura aboutJohnnyDrfiter22 has a spectacular aura about
what job did you get and where you going to be stationed?
JohnnyDrfiter22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2010, 05:11 PM   #9
dahveed
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (9)
dahveed is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 9 reviews
BEAST sucked monkey nuts, lol . i did it sometime in mid-june.
Old 10-11-2010, 06:01 AM   #10
revcyanide
Nissanaholic!

Quote:
Originally Posted by JAtl View Post
thats wuzup, congrats homie! whats your job? and how long at keesler? and idk about buying a car in tech school, unless you have no overseas options listed, or plan to trade your overseas orders if you get them to someone with a state side base...this happened to a couple of my friends haha
3d032 cyber systems operations, just depends a lot of people are going AFI for a lonnngg time here, so could be as short as 4 months, could be 8 well just see.
im waiting till i get my orders to actually buy the car, i put down Kadena and koyoto, so well see what i get, if i do get overseas i may just buy a cheap ass beater that i can sell before i leave. its cheaper than renting a car.

Shitty_s14:

yup yup, I am once i get to second transition phase, they are testing out transitions rather than traditional phases, keesler is a trial base for it, i think there is only one other. Any prior service AF will hate me for this, but ill be getting ATP which is essentially phase four next week. Pretty much as long as you do your shit right and volunteer a lot you can get to it really quickly.

dahveed:
I did beast during a hurricane, you can't bitch haha.
I am actually not kidding, the hurricane which turned into a tropical storm hit us while we were there, we waiting in the hardened shelter until the eye came then had to go back to the dorms for the night. the storm rolled one of the temper tents and everything.

johnnydrifter:
i dunno where i will be stationed yet, im hoping for either japan or somewhere southwest close to where im from. so well see. ill find out in a week or two.

tougelove: RIGHT? everyone i talk to bitches about the gas chamber, i took a huge breath and shouted my reporting statement as to get the whole experience, when we came out as soon as i could see and talk i was telling my buddies i wanna go again haha.
Old 10-11-2010, 10:11 AM   #11
enigmadsm
Leaky Injector

enigmadsm is an unknown quantity at this point
Good ol basic training, i still remember that shit a few years ago like it was yesterday! But I got to go to Sheppard for tech school (medical) so not only was the base full of female tech schoolers, so was our dorm lol
enigmadsm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2010, 07:14 AM   #12
kaboomwoom
Leaky Injector

Trader Rating: (2)
kaboomwoom is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
you're so lucky you didnt go to BMT a little bit earlier.. it was so hot in the summer. you're AF right?
kaboomwoom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2010, 11:49 PM   #13
thatdrifterguy
Zilvia Junkie

thatdrifterguy is a splendid one to beholdthatdrifterguy is a splendid one to beholdthatdrifterguy is a splendid one to beholdthatdrifterguy is a splendid one to beholdthatdrifterguy is a splendid one to beholdthatdrifterguy is a splendid one to beholdthatdrifterguy is a splendid one to beholdthatdrifterguy is a splendid one to beholdthatdrifterguy is a splendid one to beholdthatdrifterguy is a splendid one to beholdthatdrifterguy is a splendid one to behold
lol.
HOOO RED! HOOO WOLVES! AWOOOO!
the squadron chant is pretty lame...
just left that place about a month ago.
good luck tho! cyber ops wasnt that bad.
thatdrifterguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2010, 12:15 AM   #14
nismoracingsx
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (32)
nismoracingsx is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 32 reviews
now you just need to get your feet wet and get a deployment out of the way
nismoracingsx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2010, 09:31 AM   #15
fliprayzin240sx
Man w/ CTSV & a Car Seat

Trader Rating: (19)
fliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 19 reviews
Send a message via AIM to fliprayzin240sx
Atleast you didnt have to do Warrior week during one of San Antonio's worst Ice Storm in over 30 yrs. We were out there when it was 20 degrees outside with summer weight BDUs.

I went to Keesler 2x for Tech School. First time was doing ATC, came back to cross train and was there for Electronic Principle class. 2nd time around was better since I was prior service and I had my car. I was hanging out with the Marine pipeliners and was out there for Mardi Gras before Katrina shitted on the whole place.

If you think Zilvia has too many assholes...
CLICK HERE!!!
fliprayzin240sx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2010, 02:32 PM   #16
dahveed
Zilvia Addict

just hope youre not going to get stationed at dyess like i am. fml lol
Old 10-26-2010, 07:25 AM   #17
JAtl

JAtl is an unknown quantity at this point
^^haha i just got back from the desert and was deployed with a bunch of Dyess guys...a lot of them extended in the desert b/c they couldn't stand it at home station haha...not me though, so glad to be home
JAtl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2010, 11:06 AM   #18
dahveed
Zilvia Addict

BAHAHAHA thanks for the morale booster. lol
Old 12-23-2010, 08:54 AM   #19
nissanguy11
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (4)
nissanguy11 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 4 reviews
im in biloxi, i just moved here from okinawa, japan.

biloxi, sucks.
plain and simple.
Old 12-23-2010, 09:30 AM   #20
superbike81
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (1)
superbike81 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Koyoto? Kyoto? We don't have a base in Kyoto. Did you mean Yokota?

Hopefully you get Yokota, Okinawa fucking sucks balls compared to mainland Japan.
superbike81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2010, 11:24 AM   #21
revcyanide
Nissanaholic!

i forgot this thread existed, haha and yeah, i meant yokota, my bad
im almost done with tech school now ill be out in FEB.
being stationed @ the academy in CO springs, im wayy excited for it, i lived there when i was younger and loved it.
now i just gotta get an AWD DD
Old 01-03-2011, 06:34 PM   #22
Z_Spool
Zilvia FREAK!

Z_Spool has a spectacular aura aboutZ_Spool has a spectacular aura aboutZ_Spool has a spectacular aura aboutZ_Spool has a spectacular aura aboutZ_Spool has a spectacular aura aboutZ_Spool has a spectacular aura about
Well there seems to be a wealth of knowledge and experience here so lemme ask... I've thought off and on since about Jr. High about joining the AF and specifically have always wanted to fly. Well I've been thinking about it more seriously recently than ever before, and have been doing quite a bit of research on the gov. sites and whatnot. I'm more just looking for insider's POV's now. I'm turning 25, Married, no kids and even though I can see all the benefits to it I just can't quite get my head past pulling the trigger on enlistment and can't quite figure out why. I'd just like as much info as possible on people's experiences, accomplishments, regrets, etc. More or less a mentorship on what to expect if I do go through with it. Also how likely would you say you are to get a station you want if you chose a line of work that base is directed towards. Feel free to PM me if you'd rather not post publicly, and thanks in advance for your insight.
Z_Spool is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2011, 04:04 AM   #23
fliprayzin240sx
Man w/ CTSV & a Car Seat

Trader Rating: (19)
fliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 19 reviews
Send a message via AIM to fliprayzin240sx
If you want to fly then you are waaaaay behind the power curb at 25 yrs old. If you're serious on flying, go army and fly helos. Go to College and join an ROTC program. Army usually has programs that you can get into to became warrant officers or officers.

What do you want out of the AF? If you're gonna base your job preference because you want to get to a base, its alot harder than said and done. There isnt a whole lot of jobs where you this can happen. First job that I know that you can control where you can go would be KC-10 related jobs. You can only go to either Travis AFB in CA or McGuire AFB, NJ. Only 2 bases that has KC-10s based at. What kinda jobs are you thinking of doing?

If you think Zilvia has too many assholes...
CLICK HERE!!!
fliprayzin240sx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2011, 04:35 AM   #24
ksemar

ksemar is an unknown quantity at this point
Should have joined the Airforce lol.
ksemar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2011, 05:23 AM   #25
bluuuurr
Leaky Injector

bluuuurr is an unknown quantity at this point
hey? what's your name.. i'm sitting in 3d033 class right now.. lol
bluuuurr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2011, 04:12 PM   #26
Z_Spool
Zilvia FREAK!

Z_Spool has a spectacular aura aboutZ_Spool has a spectacular aura aboutZ_Spool has a spectacular aura aboutZ_Spool has a spectacular aura aboutZ_Spool has a spectacular aura aboutZ_Spool has a spectacular aura about
Quote:
Originally Posted by fliprayzin240sx View Post
If you want to fly then you are waaaaay behind the power curb at 25 yrs old. If you're serious on flying, go army and fly helos. Go to College and join an ROTC program. Army usually has programs that you can get into to became warrant officers or officers.

What do you want out of the AF? If you're gonna base your job preference because you want to get to a base, its alot harder than said and done. There isnt a whole lot of jobs where you this can happen. First job that I know that you can control where you can go would be KC-10 related jobs. You can only go to either Travis AFB in CA or McGuire AFB, NJ. Only 2 bases that has KC-10s based at. What kinda jobs are you thinking of doing?
The flying thing's just something I've always wanted to do. If I can't fly in the service, no biggie. I had already planned on getting my pilot's license before I started reconsidering the AF. I'm not necessarily going to pick a job based on location either, but I have many interests and if I had a better opportunity to stay in CO with one job over another it would definitely go under the "pro" column for that job.

I'm not sure if I'd make a career out of it, but at the very least it's a way to get through school as well as gain experience in a field I can make a living at once I get out. Thinking about secops then going into the police force once I'm out, but also thinking about linguistics, ATC, medical.... there are lots of things really that interest me. I'm planning on going in to talk to a recruiter this week, but I'm trying to get as many questions together as possible before-hand. I know it will be a while before I do enlist though as I want to get back in shape before going into BMT so I don't die. Also wanting to study a lot before taking the ASVAB.

I think the long and the short of it is I'm nearly 25, and haven't really accomplished much, nor am I started in a career I can provide for my family with. I've been thinking about the AF again just because It's hopefully a step in the right direction and if I'm going to do it I feel I should have BMT/Tech school etc. under my belt before I have kids to worry about, you know?

So yeah, just looking for some insight from people who have or are currently serving (specifically in the AF, but I think most apply) on their experiences, pros and cons.
Z_Spool is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2011, 08:50 AM   #27
revcyanide
Nissanaholic!

if you wanna go secfor (what you called secops :P) you can pretty much be garunteed that job. they need people for it like crazy.
But you will deployed EVERY 6 months.
Old 01-24-2011, 07:02 PM   #28
S@nt0s
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (4)
S@nt0s is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 4 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by revcyanide View Post
i forgot this thread existed, haha and yeah, i meant yokota, my bad
im almost done with tech school now ill be out in FEB.
being stationed @ the academy in CO springs, im wayy excited for it, i lived there when i was younger and loved it.
now i just gotta get an AWD DD
Since your aat Sheppard right now ill sell you my EVO i got it here at sheppard with me
S@nt0s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2011, 07:30 PM   #29
revcyanide
Nissanaholic!

im in keesler.. never said anything about shepperd
Old 01-24-2011, 07:51 PM   #30
S@nt0s
Zilvia Addict