Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Tech Talk > S Chassis

S Chassis Technical discussion related to the S Chassis such as the S12, S13, S14, and S15.

Old 10-18-2020, 12:00 AM   #1
Ice77

Trader Rating: (0)
Ice77 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
GT2871R on stock s15 SR20det motor?

So I have started purchasing all of my mods to install a GT2871R on my s15 SR. I do not have all of them yet and my stock T28 has now gone out. I found one thread ( https://zilvia.net/f/showthread.php?t=348023 ) that really describes how these two turbos kind of compare at ?stock boost pressures?. Most threads just say you have to upgrade seeming to consider only increasing psi and fuel or just state run less psi because it seems safer. I would like to install this turbo for the time being only running it on stock boost pressure until I can get the parts and the stand alone wired in but do not want to damage anything. I have tried to search these forums and other websites for clear information but that thread above is the only one I have found with what seems to be good information pertaining to what I am looking at doing for the time being. I also understand people get very irritated at ?dumb? questions where people could have searched the forums. but I have tried and just not found any thing really other than what I have stated above. And that thread is almost 10 years old as well so I didn?t want to post in it again. So I guess my real question for those who really know these kind of things in and out is....... are the things stated in that thread correct? Also the reason I am asking is I already have the GT2871R

Last edited by Ice77; 10-18-2020 at 12:04 AM.. Reason: Added a missing piece of information
Ice77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 10-18-2020, 05:55 AM   #2
S14rebuild
BANNED

Trader Rating: (8)
S14rebuild S14rebuild S14rebuild S14rebuild S14rebuild S14rebuild S14rebuild S14rebuild S14rebuild S14rebuild S14rebuild
Feedback Score: 8 reviews
Yes you can put it on a stock sr20. It bolts up ull need an adapter for the compressor housing inet n outlet pipes to face the correct directio
https://diftech.com/products/dif-tur...hoCxyEQAvD_BwE

N u might aswell upgrade the oil n coolant line
S14rebuild is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2020, 08:48 AM   #3
Ice77

Thank you for the response, I have upgraded lines as well. Gonna wait for the wide band to come in just so I can at least keep an eye on what?s going on as well, gonna need it anyway. Found a really good deal on the turbo so I didn?t want to pass it up and ended up with it before some of the other parts
Old 10-18-2020, 12:34 PM   #4
Abeo
Leaky Injector

Abeo is an unknown quantity at this point
I put on a isr 3871 which is dimensionally a trim 48 2871 (smallest available), and it was enough increase in airflow to make my tune dangerously lean. Went from a t28 at 12 psi to the 3871at 7 psi
Abeo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2020, 11:21 PM   #5
Dboyizmlg
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (18)
Dboyizmlg is making his/her stupidity well-knownDboyizmlg is making his/her stupidity well-knownDboyizmlg is making his/her stupidity well-knownDboyizmlg is making his/her stupidity well-knownDboyizmlg is making his/her stupidity well-known
Feedback Score: 18 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by S14rebuild View Post
Yes you can put it on a stock sr20. It bolts up ull need an adapter for the compressor housing inet n outlet pipes to face the correct directio
https://diftech.com/products/dif-tur...hoCxyEQAvD_BwE

N u might aswell upgrade the oil n coolant line

No, he doesn?t need to buy re-clocking adapters for the S15 Sr.

Those are only needed on S13 Sr20 when upgrading from T25 turbo.

OP you don?t need to buy those adapters.
But stainless steel lines would be ideal for easier installation
Dboyizmlg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2020, 11:24 PM   #6
Dboyizmlg
Nissanaholic!

Dboyizmlg is making his/her stupidity well-knownDboyizmlg is making his/her stupidity well-knownDboyizmlg is making his/her stupidity well-knownDboyizmlg is making his/her stupidity well-knownDboyizmlg is making his/her stupidity well-known
If you have the 52 trim gt2871r it will bolt up without ANY modifications.

If you have the 56 trim (3inch inlet) you will need custom air tube.

Also you will need a Rom tune ecu from RS-Enthalpy or a stand-alone ecu and get it tuned.
Or you will blow your motor
Old 10-19-2020, 09:45 AM   #7
jedi03
Nissanaholic!

jedi03 is on a distinguished road
+1 get tuned and probably bigger injectors at a minimum. Also drive conservatively unless you like melted pistons! those are fun turbos for this chassis!
jedi03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2020, 02:09 PM   #8
Ice77

Thanks for the reply?s guys. It is the direct bolt up I do not need any adapters, I was more concerned about leaning out real bad. I have most of the parts at this point just going to bite the bullet and buy the rest of the parts I need and go to the tuner. I just read the post I linked and thought maybe I could use it for now. Not really worth the risk it seems. When I bought the turbo it also came with the upgraded lines got a pretty good deal from a guy who was going to do the same thing but. For whatever reason his build fell through so I got the mat, new turbo in box, and all new lines for about 500 less than it would have cost to buy the turbo. No sense chancing it really, just wasn?t sure how accurate the above post was. I also have the stand alone already and 555 injectors too

Last edited by Ice77; 10-19-2020 at 02:13 PM.. Reason: Spelling
Old 10-19-2020, 02:21 PM   #9
S14rebuild
BANNED

S14rebuild S14rebuild S14rebuild S14rebuild S14rebuild S14rebuild S14rebuild S14rebuild S14rebuild S14rebuild S14rebuild
Nice..tuning is everything
Old 10-21-2020, 10:40 AM   #10
Dboyizmlg
Nissanaholic!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ice77 View Post
Thanks for the reply?s guys. It is the direct bolt up I do not need any adapters, I was more concerned about leaning out real bad. I have most of the parts at this point just going to bite the bullet and buy the rest of the parts I need and go to the tuner. I just read the post I linked and thought maybe I could use it for now. Not really worth the risk it seems. When I bought the turbo it also came with the upgraded lines got a pretty good deal from a guy who was going to do the same thing but. For whatever reason his build fell through so I got the mat, new turbo in box, and all new lines for about 500 less than it would have cost to buy the turbo. No sense chancing it really, just wasn?t sure how accurate the above post was. I also have the stand alone already and 555 injectors too

You will need at least 740cc injector for that turbo (if you are tuning on pump gas)

Also you will need a .04 oil restrictor for the turbo.
Old 10-21-2020, 01:51 PM   #11
TheRealSy90
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (10)
TheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant future
Feedback Score: 10 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dboyizmlg View Post
You will need at least 740cc injector for that turbo (if you are tuning on pump gas)

Also you will need a .04 oil restrictor for the turbo.
I don't think you need any additional restrictor if you reuse the oem S15 oil feed banjo bolt, it has an integrated restriction.
TheRealSy90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2020, 07:25 PM   #12
Ice77

Ok sooooooo I finally got the stock t28 turbo off got all my stuff and changing it all new ecu 740 injectors (instead of the 555 denso?s, supposedly they will work but realistically all charts say I need 740?s for my goals so I got some HKS 740?s) and all the other upgrades needed. Then the restrictor thing started to bother me. So I got after market lines with the turbo when I bought it and had a .3 or.4 restrictor with it (very small similar to the very end of a ball point pen) but my banjo bolt is definitely restricted as well but almost 2 times the size of the restrictor that I got with the lines. If I use it as well will I not get enough oil to this turbo?? The restrictor in my banjo bolt is about the size of a number 2 pencil lead. I?d use the micrometer on it but it is inside the hole so I can?t actually measure it. And before I posted this I searched and searched and found no clear info on what I needed to know
Old 11-14-2020, 07:39 PM   #13
S14rebuild
BANNED

If the turbo has a built in restrictor, then just drill the banjo bolt out bigger..ull be fine
Old 11-18-2020, 01:12 PM   #14
TheRealSy90
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (10)
TheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant future
Feedback Score: 10 reviews
Use the OEM restrictor banjo and get an unrestricted fitting for the turbo end of the feed line.
TheRealSy90 is offline   Reply With Quote