Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > Specific Topics > Off Topic Chat

Off Topic Chat All non related chat goes here.

Old 02-21-2009, 08:57 PM   #1
ayuaddict
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (9)
ayuaddict is close to perfectionayuaddict is close to perfectionayuaddict is close to perfectionayuaddict is close to perfectionayuaddict is close to perfectionayuaddict is close to perfectionayuaddict is close to perfectionayuaddict is close to perfectionayuaddict is close to perfectionayuaddict is close to perfectionayuaddict is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 9 reviews
Send a message via AIM to ayuaddict
Honda Civics!

So i picked up an EK (1998 Honda civic hatchback) recently and i fucking love it. Im hella into it at the moment, to the point where my 240 is being completely neglected. everything is so cheap for these cars and they handle really well. I've had it for about a month now and ive done all kinds of stupid crap to it, haha. And the funny thing is i expected mine to become all low and flush but im really enjoying the functionality and performance so its all purposeful and shit, i definatley didn't expect that to happen. Too bad there doesn't seem to be any decent forums for these cars. Anybody else have a honda?
ayuaddict is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 02-21-2009, 09:06 PM   #2
I10cruiser
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (47)
I10cruiser is close to perfectionI10cruiser is close to perfectionI10cruiser is close to perfectionI10cruiser is close to perfectionI10cruiser is close to perfectionI10cruiser is close to perfectionI10cruiser is close to perfectionI10cruiser is close to perfectionI10cruiser is close to perfectionI10cruiser is close to perfectionI10cruiser is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 47 reviews
Send a message via AIM to I10cruiser Send a message via Yahoo to I10cruiser
pics ?

I10cruiser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2009, 09:17 PM   #3
ayuaddict
Post Whore!

ayuaddict is close to perfectionayuaddict is close to perfectionayuaddict is close to perfectionayuaddict is close to perfectionayuaddict is close to perfectionayuaddict is close to perfectionayuaddict is close to perfectionayuaddict is close to perfectionayuaddict is close to perfectionayuaddict is close to perfectionayuaddict is close to perfection
oh yeah. haha.

here it is.

man, there is so much crap to learn with this new platform, very exciting.
Old 02-21-2009, 09:23 PM   #4
flclsteve
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (2)
flclsteve has a brilliant futureflclsteve has a brilliant futureflclsteve has a brilliant futureflclsteve has a brilliant futureflclsteve has a brilliant futureflclsteve has a brilliant futureflclsteve has a brilliant futureflclsteve has a brilliant futureflclsteve has a brilliant futureflclsteve has a brilliant futureflclsteve has a brilliant future
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
i got one too i should put up a pix

flclsteve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2009, 09:45 PM   #5
S14Cuhh
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (23)
S14Cuhh is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 23 reviews
Send a message via AIM to S14Cuhh
im thinking up finding an eg. i love how i could make one look. and btw love the rpf1's
S14Cuhh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2009, 09:49 PM   #6
HyperTek
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (3)
HyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
i think your in the "wow this is soo different than what im used to, this is exciting" stage lol
Old 02-21-2009, 09:50 PM   #7
bigboto_boy
Zilvia Member

bigboto_boy is an unknown quantity at this point
dang u got sir bumpers lol expensive shit i used to own a honda and i miss it badly gl man ur ek is hella clean
bigboto_boy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2009, 09:51 PM   #8
Goose

Trader Rating: (0)
Goose is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
no decent forums? uhhh honda-tech is like 23293328x as big as zilvia
Goose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2009, 09:57 PM   #9
Goose

oh yeah my daily

Old 02-21-2009, 10:21 PM   #10
ayuaddict
Post Whore!

yea but honda-tech sucks.

its so annoying.

yea i am completely in the "wow this is soo different than what im used to, this is exciting" stage, my first non RWD car and most importantly everything is SO CHEAP!

i got all the arms but the FLCAs replaced with adjustable shit already, sway bars, subframe brace, GS-R brakes, the RPF1s and a pair of cheepo rotas with RT-615s...all kinds of stuff that cost me like nothing! its pretty cool.

yea i needed new bumper and fender so i figured might as well get the Sir stuff haha.

i need a new hood as this one (cf) is starting to split (scary).

i was thinking about the monster sport knockoff.
Old 02-21-2009, 10:22 PM   #11
VROOOM
Post Whore!

VROOOM is close to perfectionVROOOM is close to perfectionVROOOM is close to perfectionVROOOM is close to perfectionVROOOM is close to perfectionVROOOM is close to perfectionVROOOM is close to perfectionVROOOM is close to perfectionVROOOM is close to perfectionVROOOM is close to perfectionVROOOM is close to perfection
i had an EK a few years ago, they are fun cars. had gab coilovers and it handled like a dream.

had the gsr brakes too, they make huge difference.
VROOOM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2009, 10:30 PM   #12
ronmcdon
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (6)
ronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 6 reviews
I've had a lot of hondas, but it seems I have bad luck with them.

I still own a 95 eg hatch w/ ls-vtec swap, very shortly geared suspension (b16 w/ ats 4.7 fd), quaife helical lsd, and GC/Koni suspension (400f/500r rates), cheap rotas, kumho mx tyres, and other parts.
I mis-shift the car during a track event at streets of willow, and damaged the engine.
it wasn't too fast (best lap at streets CW was a pitifil 1:38:xx), and plowed a lot, but overall it was pretty easy car to drive to it's limit, and somewhat forgiving.
I'll probably have it running again later this year.

just sold my 89 crx si a few months ago. fun autoX car.
it was surprising the most reliable honda i've ever owned.
not as forgiving as the eg when driven hard, but felt more nimble, easier to rotate, and more fun to drive in general.
it's also an awesome daily driver. I can get 33mpg driven aggressively.
One time it was stolen, and basically the theif didn't bother with the stock engine,
nor did he bother with the koni/gc suspension setup.
current owner of the car had it stolen again shortly after I sold it.

Got a new 08 Si sedan last year in May or sometime thereabouts.
Changed the tires to dunlop Z1's and got a more aggressive factory suspension.
It was a lot of fun to autoX, and drive around town.
What stood out was the slick 6-speed tranny, the nice higher reving n/a K20 engine, the mechanical engine tone, and precise steering.
It was also pretty comfy, had lots of room, nicer stereo, and decent mpg.
Unfortunately, I totaled it back in november.

also had a 95 eg coupe w/ a stock b18 ls swap that was destroyed by hit & run driver.
that wasn't one of my favorite cars, but was decent daily.

I also have a tsx longblock as a permanent garage ornament.

Last edited by ronmcdon; 02-22-2009 at 12:55 AM..
ronmcdon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2009, 10:31 PM   #13
florante rea
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (43)
florante rea is a glorious beacon of lightflorante rea is a glorious beacon of lightflorante rea is a glorious beacon of lightflorante rea is a glorious beacon of lightflorante rea is a glorious beacon of lightflorante rea is a glorious beacon of lightflorante rea is a glorious beacon of lightflorante rea is a glorious beacon of lightflorante rea is a glorious beacon of lightflorante rea is a glorious beacon of lightflorante rea is a glorious beacon of light
Feedback Score: 43 reviews
Send a message via AIM to florante rea Send a message via Yahoo to florante rea
the chronicles is also a good blog place to check whats hot. i hope u have fun modding your car like u have on your 240.
Old 02-21-2009, 10:31 PM   #14
ILoveMyRHS13
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (25)
ILoveMyRHS13 is close to perfectionILoveMyRHS13 is close to perfectionILoveMyRHS13 is close to perfectionILoveMyRHS13 is close to perfectionILoveMyRHS13 is close to perfectionILoveMyRHS13 is close to perfectionILoveMyRHS13 is close to perfectionILoveMyRHS13 is close to perfectionILoveMyRHS13 is close to perfectionILoveMyRHS13 is close to perfectionILoveMyRHS13 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 25 reviews
Send a message via AIM to ILoveMyRHS13
Pretty sweet, dude! I actually really want an EK9 hatch just like that sitting on some coils to daily.
ILoveMyRHS13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2009, 10:33 PM   #15
Goose

I disagree about honda-tech. sure there are a bunch of douchers on there but there is also an AMAZING amount of information to be found.
Old 02-21-2009, 10:44 PM   #16
ronmcdon
Post Whore!

ronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfection
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goose View Post
I disagree about honda-tech. sure there are a bunch of douchers on there but there is also an AMAZING amount of information to be found.
exactly, you just have to know how to use the forum. I just search for articles there. the classifields and vendor specials/group buy section also offer some very reasonable deals.

OT on H-T is just a bad joke. everybody is just trying to be funny. even the humor is more often than not dry, childish, cliched, and repetitive. Still, there are worse sites like VWVortex. Zilvia is more entertaining.
Old 02-21-2009, 10:51 PM   #17
LongGrain
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (5)
LongGrain is close to perfectionLongGrain is close to perfectionLongGrain is close to perfectionLongGrain is close to perfectionLongGrain is close to perfectionLongGrain is close to perfectionLongGrain is close to perfectionLongGrain is close to perfectionLongGrain is close to perfectionLongGrain is close to perfectionLongGrain is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 5 reviews
looking good yuta

i have a battle mode 99 coupe that i beat on. black paint. HX wheels, fucked up headlights and foglights, peeling paint on the hood, cracked bumper, the works.
LongGrain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2009, 10:51 PM   #18
lflkajfj12123

Trader Rating: (20)
lflkajfj12123 is close to perfectionlflkajfj12123 is close to perfectionlflkajfj12123 is close to perfectionlflkajfj12123 is close to perfectionlflkajfj12123 is close to perfectionlflkajfj12123 is close to perfectionlflkajfj12123 is close to perfectionlflkajfj12123 is close to perfectionlflkajfj12123 is close to perfectionlflkajfj12123 is close to perfectionlflkajfj12123 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 20 reviews
haha i love honda-tech OT

i really would like to have an EK

i need a daily though not another project car
lflkajfj12123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2009, 11:29 PM   #19
ALTRNTV
Post Whore!

ALTRNTV is close to perfectionALTRNTV is close to perfectionALTRNTV is close to perfectionALTRNTV is close to perfectionALTRNTV is close to perfectionALTRNTV is close to perfectionALTRNTV is close to perfectionALTRNTV is close to perfectionALTRNTV is close to perfectionALTRNTV is close to perfectionALTRNTV is close to perfection
Send a message via AIM to ALTRNTV
I own a 2004 Civic sedan.

Honda-Tech is AWESOME for their tech/installs/how-to's. There are a ton of douche bags, but same can be said about Zilvia. HT info can be rivaled to that of the info on here, and some.

Their OT section is great, as I'm always there reading. Their internet humor is funny as hell. I usually get my news there before anywhere else. lol
ALTRNTV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2009, 11:52 PM   #20
eli_eli
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (8)
eli_eli has a brilliant futureeli_eli has a brilliant futureeli_eli has a brilliant futureeli_eli has a brilliant futureeli_eli has a brilliant futureeli_eli has a brilliant futureeli_eli has a brilliant futureeli_eli has a brilliant futureeli_eli has a brilliant futureeli_eli has a brilliant futureeli_eli has a brilliant future
Feedback Score: 8 reviews
my first car was a 95 eg, bought it bone stock from an older lady, with about 80 original miles, and had it for about 3 years, b18c with a b16 tranny, just for closer gear ratio, full gsr suspenrion, black rotas lol...type R Jic coilovers, and plenty extras...i used to love my car, took it to big willow once, and it got stolen a month later...that was really a fun car, pushed it hard every singe day, and never had any problems, except the clutch pressure plate shattered at big willow, me and a buddy ran it at two different sessions all day, and it broke down the next...that was a lot of hrs of hard driving...i wanted to keep it, but i was really thinking about selling it and getting a 240 at time as well...so could have used the cash...anyways, i really miss my car, they never found a trace of it, and its been about 4 years now since it got stolen, gl with your car, i am sure you'll enjoy it, but keep it safe...

Last edited by eli_eli; 02-22-2009 at 02:14 AM..
eli_eli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2009, 11:56 PM   #21
HyperTek
Post Whore!

HyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfection
ok ok ill give it up, i like some hondas, i think it would be cool to get one since for me it would be the "different" thing that im not used to. id want a CRX , or a 92-95 prelude*but i hate the freaking dashboard* all stock or something.. im used to seeing piece of shit crxs all day lol.

So how comfortable are you guys with daily driving/parking those hondas around? like malls etc
Old 02-21-2009, 11:59 PM   #22
s13dan
Zilvia FREAK!

s13dan will become famous soon enoughs13dan will become famous soon enoughs13dan will become famous soon enoughs13dan will become famous soon enough
My freind had one a few years back. He sounded just like you for about 6 months but then he decided fwd is not enough fun. He know is happy with an LSx rx-7. He still loves civics.
89 240sx hatch #933-the hot rod
91 240sx coupe #131,603-the daily
s13dan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2009, 01:02 AM   #23
Ninjabread
Post Whore!

Ninjabread is close to perfectionNinjabread is close to perfectionNinjabread is close to perfectionNinjabread is close to perfectionNinjabread is close to perfectionNinjabread is close to perfectionNinjabread is close to perfectionNinjabread is close to perfectionNinjabread is close to perfectionNinjabread is close to perfectionNinjabread is close to perfection
Send a message via AIM to Ninjabread Send a message via MSN to Ninjabread
No way! i just bought a EK9 last week too

It's my winter beater, but should get some goodies this summer lol.

Most fun car to beat around in, and nothing beats getting like 45mpg while driving full throttle all the time.
Old 02-22-2009, 01:09 AM   #24
ronmcdon
Post Whore!

Quote:
Originally Posted by HyperTek View Post
ok ok ill give it up, i like some hondas, i think it would be cool to get one since for me it would be the "different" thing that im not used to. id want a CRX , or a 92-95 prelude*but i hate the freaking dashboard* all stock or something.. im used to seeing piece of shit crxs all day lol.

So how comfortable are you guys with daily driving/parking those hondas around? like malls etc
It's the POS crx's that 'usually' don't get stolen, or other attract other forms of undesirable attention (cops, ppl harassing you for street racing, high insurance, silly questions, etc). where I live, I get my windows smashed 2-3 times a yr by psychotic neighbors.

Theft is just one of the main drawbacks when it comes to honda ownership.
Places like shopping malls are just not a good idea if you have a honda.
If you live/work/hang-out in certain areas known to have high theft (East Los Angeles for example), then its not worth the hassle of owning a honda. getting your car stolen is a pretty shitty experience.

That being said, I would not get another old honda.

Last edited by ronmcdon; 02-22-2009 at 01:36 AM..
Old 02-22-2009, 01:20 AM   #25
HyperTek
Post Whore!

^thats what i feared.. import scene aint what it was back in the late 90s before every assclown got influenced into em.. thats why i like my oddball fc but i hardly go anywhere right now.
Old 02-22-2009, 02:05 AM   #26
zenki1995
Leaky Injector

Trader Rating: (1)
zenki1995 is not welcome here anymorezenki1995 is not welcome here anymorezenki1995 is not welcome here anymorezenki1995 is not welcome here anymorezenki1995 is not welcome here anymorezenki1995 is not welcome here anymorezenki1995 is not welcome here anymorezenki1995 is not welcome here anymorezenki1995 is not welcome here anymore
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
my first car was 95 integ LS motor...loved it but always wish i had an GSR but decided to get an 240sx instead
zenki1995 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2009, 02:09 AM   #27
RiversideS13
Zilvia FREAK!

RiversideS13 has a reputation beyond reputeRiversideS13 has a reputation beyond reputeRiversideS13 has a reputation beyond reputeRiversideS13 has a reputation beyond reputeRiversideS13 has a reputation beyond reputeRiversideS13 has a reputation beyond reputeRiversideS13 has a reputation beyond reputeRiversideS13 has a reputation beyond reputeRiversideS13 has a reputation beyond reputeRiversideS13 has a reputation beyond reputeRiversideS13 has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to RiversideS13
I currently own a 97 prelude, it is a great daily drive car. it handles great, decent acceleration, good mileage, and thieves does not like it since it has a unique chassis so it does not share parts with other honda. before that, i had a 95 EG with b18b swap which was a rice rocket that i cannot stop worry getting stolen
RiversideS13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2009, 07:18 AM   #28
lucky7
Post Whore!

lucky7 is close to perfectionlucky7 is close to perfectionlucky7 is close to perfectionlucky7 is close to perfectionlucky7 is close to perfectionlucky7 is close to perfectionlucky7 is close to perfectionlucky7 is close to perfectionlucky7 is close to perfectionlucky7 is close to perfectionlucky7 is close to perfection
i had a 97 ex with a B16 and coilovers. that car was alot of fun, and like somebody said, it was easy to drive fast. i miss the car, it never let me down. anyhow, the past couple years, there is a group of people that steal hondas around here. people think they know who it is, but its a matter of nailing them. but its not really worth it. even though i live far enough away from the city to not really worry about it. i still would be leary.
Old 02-22-2009, 10:34 AM   #29
S14TEENZ
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (8)
S14TEENZ is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 8 reviews
im thinking abot gettin a ek shell and slowly working on it....ur front bumper is sick
Old 02-22-2009, 10:40 AM   #30
DrIvEsldEwAyS
Zilvia Junkie

DrIvEsldEwAyS is an unknown quantity at this point
i have a 96 coupe. bone stock, gets great gas milage and reliable. i love it.