Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Chat > Builds (and builds only)

Builds (and builds only) Got a build thread? It goes here, build threads anywhere else on the forum will be locked and never moved.

Old 04-29-2020, 06:17 PM   #1
rogues13
Leaky Injector

Trader Rating: (1)
rogues13 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Jon's 180 Style S13

Hey everybody! Thought I'd write up a thread on my S13 I purchased from the original owner last year.

Here are some photos as it came. Completely stock, 170k miles, no rust, and a single cam KA.

After bringing it home I installed a full set of Kouki 180sx seats (front and rear), a brand new Nardi Classic 330, and an old school Nismo shift knob.

On a family vacation to Daytona beach, a full set of brand new Kouki tail lights and garnish came up for sale, so I scooped those up for a great price new in box while I was in the area. I removed the OEM rear wing and wiper and welded the holes shut. (Garnish will be paint matched in the future don't worry.)

Drove the car like this for a few months while I was home for summer, and decided to do some interior refreshing.

My holy grail: mint condition Nismo 330F with a BNIB horn button.

0 km Nismo 180sx Cluster.

Used some of Broadfield's old posts to refurbish my steering Column surround using SEM texture and color coat.

Bought a brand new set of stalks from RockAuto. The difference these make really is crazy.

Need to get some more photos but here is one of the wheel mounted up to my Nismo Hub and WorksBell QR. Took the cluster surround off after this and molded in my Pivot RHU-M but will get some more photos for this in a second post.

Thanks everyone for looking! I will post again after this is accepted.
rogues13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 04-30-2020, 06:41 PM   #2
Fuglychuki91
Zilvia Member

Fuglychuki91 is on a distinguished road
Hell yeah dude. I sold you the spare skirts I had a good while ago haha. Keen to see the progress!
Fuglychuki91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2020, 10:28 PM   #3
austinth0rnt0n

Trader Rating: (0)
austinth0rnt0n is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
love to see the progress, and a new thread on zilvia. great work jon!
austinth0rnt0n is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2020, 08:03 AM   #4
tuzzio
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (3)
tuzzio is close to perfectiontuzzio is close to perfectiontuzzio is close to perfectiontuzzio is close to perfectiontuzzio is close to perfectiontuzzio is close to perfectiontuzzio is close to perfectiontuzzio is close to perfectiontuzzio is close to perfectiontuzzio is close to perfectiontuzzio is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
Saw your SEM post on reddit. Nice to see people restoring these cars. I need to scoop those stalks, bad.
tuzzio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2020, 05:17 PM   #5
Thursday7
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (8)
Thursday7 is close to perfectionThursday7 is close to perfectionThursday7 is close to perfectionThursday7 is close to perfectionThursday7 is close to perfectionThursday7 is close to perfectionThursday7 is close to perfectionThursday7 is close to perfectionThursday7 is close to perfectionThursday7 is close to perfectionThursday7 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 8 reviews
I was gonna say, I've definitely seen at least two white 180s with kouki tail lights and a black garnish in one thread.

Also in for updates.
Thursday7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2020, 12:45 AM   #6
JrDarknes
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (7)
JrDarknes has much to be proud ofJrDarknes has much to be proud ofJrDarknes has much to be proud ofJrDarknes has much to be proud ofJrDarknes has much to be proud ofJrDarknes has much to be proud ofJrDarknes has much to be proud ofJrDarknes has much to be proud ofJrDarknes has much to be proud ofJrDarknes has much to be proud ofJrDarknes has much to be proud of
Feedback Score: 7 reviews
Going to have to buy a spare column and try that out. That looks very nice
Old 08-17-2020, 04:56 PM   #7
rogues13
Leaky Injector

rogues13 is an unknown quantity at this point
I'm back with an update. Car is under construction and since I'm in school away from home I've been working on this side project.

I got a pivot RHU-M in a trade a while back and wanted to graft it into the cluster surround to make it look as OEM as possible.

First I cut out the left button section.

Next, I centered and cut out a target to build a holding bracket for the controller as shown here:

I then built a tight tolerance box from ABS that the Pivot sits in snug (if I need a fastener in the future I will use a command strip on the bottom but for now I plan to let it rest inside because it holds very well.

Next came bridging the bracket into the surround. I wanted this part to be all ABS so it would be solid and not prone to any cracking if bent or under load for any reason.

I then blocked off the channel I had created after some sanding, and began the finishing with some filler.

After this I sprayed some plastic primer and applied SEM color coat black. I am pretty happy with the result but may apply another coat of SEM depending on how it looks in the sun.

Will have another update soon this time as I have been collecting more parts and making more progress. Few sneak peaks for the time being:

Thanks all for reading.
rogues13 is offline   Reply With Quote