Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Chat

Chat General Discussion About The Nissan 240SX and Nissan Z Cars

Closed Thread

Old 04-11-2010, 09:01 AM   #1
jserman
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (8)
jserman is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 8 reviews
Covering hood with Fabric....Ideas???

Well I just picked up a new hood and it's not in the best condition and I don't have the money to paint so I was thinking bout covering it in fabric

I have seen pics of a couple cars having it done..

I figured I could get some fabric and some 3m spray adhesive and have at it...

what you guys think??

also I found this pic of a 240 hood done

Sponsored Links
Old 04-11-2010, 09:06 AM   #2
ZilviaKid
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (0)
ZilviaKid is a jewel in the roughZilviaKid is a jewel in the roughZilviaKid is a jewel in the roughZilviaKid is a jewel in the roughZilviaKid is a jewel in the roughZilviaKid is a jewel in the roughZilviaKid is a jewel in the rough
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
please... just.... no..

..noo
Old 04-11-2010, 09:08 AM   #3
93superHICAS
Zilvia Member

93superHICAS is just really nice93superHICAS is just really nice93superHICAS is just really nice93superHICAS is just really nice93superHICAS is just really nice93superHICAS is just really nice93superHICAS is just really nice93superHICAS is just really nice93superHICAS is just really nice93superHICAS is just really nice
Send a message via AIM to 93superHICAS Send a message via Yahoo to 93superHICAS
whats the point
with the cost of spray adhesive, fabric etc
you could just go to autozone and buy primer, sand paper, spray paint and do it your self
Old 04-11-2010, 10:34 AM   #4
BoostSlideWayz
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (1)
BoostSlideWayz is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Send a message via AIM to BoostSlideWayz Send a message via Yahoo to BoostSlideWayz
lol dude your gonna get so many stains.... i bet that was a photo of the hood when it was first done.. im sure if you took a photo of it a month later it would look really trashy. im sorry man but i vote just no. Its a different idea but i just think it just gonna look the way u want for a few weeks then when ever you wash it or anything its not gonna look good.
Old 04-11-2010, 10:48 AM   #5
!Zar!
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (27)
!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 27 reviews
Honda owners started the fabric hood thing.

And OP: WTF. Can't you just save money? What is wrong with your current hood?

Why the fuck are people so cheap and then use their cheapness to come up with shitty suggestions. If you are poor, then that should give you LESS of a reason to waste money.

What happened to smart premies and all that jazz? I mean it only costs $10 and anyone can buy it but it is getting pretty bad now.
Old 04-11-2010, 10:55 AM   #6
S14DB
AFC #1

Trader Rating: (3)
S14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
Is it fabric or contact paper?
Old 04-11-2010, 11:00 AM   #7
umm_91
Leaky Injector

umm_91 is an unknown quantity at this point
to each his own....
Old 04-11-2010, 11:21 AM   #8
jserman
Zilvia Junkie

The current hood is a junkyard special... scratched and some dimples in it... it was just a temp fix as the hood that was on the car was buckled in the middle and didn't sit flush...

I haven't decided how I want to go with the front of my car i.e hood style and front bumper and what not so until I figure that all out i was trying to try something a little diff that's all...

once i get that all decided the car will get completely repainted but that is prob a year away...

So until then i am just trying to figure out something diff to do that is all...

also i am going to be getting a new hatch as mine is rusted and the one i am getting it faded to hell so I was going to cover that too...
Old 04-11-2010, 11:29 AM   #9
MandTPhotography
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (2)
MandTPhotography is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
I saw a hood covered in astroturf at H20i (Huge Vdub Meet.)

I say do what you want, if you want to be unique, go for it. If all else fails, spray that bitch some random color.
Old 04-11-2010, 11:31 AM   #10
Matej
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (39)
Matej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 39 reviews
That is such a HellaFlush thing to do.
Old 04-11-2010, 11:32 AM   #11
SoSideways
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (4)
SoSideways is close to perfectionSoSideways is close to perfectionSoSideways is close to perfectionSoSideways is close to perfectionSoSideways is close to perfectionSoSideways is close to perfectionSoSideways is close to perfectionSoSideways is close to perfectionSoSideways is close to perfectionSoSideways is close to perfectionSoSideways is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 4 reviews
I had some Walmart snow leopard fabric covering my hood for awhile back in the day.

Actually a few of us around my town did it as a joke, but everyone loved it, including the ricers, and when I moved to Orlando I left it on for awhile, and a friend's gf loved it. I got her to lay on my hood and I took a couple of pics lol

I have to find those pics now... lol that was awesome.

I think I still have the fabric here, I might just do up my hood again, now that I have some nice wheels and proper ride height and stuff lol

BTW, that was like... 2005.
Old 04-11-2010, 11:39 AM   #12
Phlip
Yes, I look like that

Trader Rating: (19)
Phlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 19 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by jserman View Post
it was just a temp fix
Please, just stop there...
It is a temporary fix and you recognize that. As objective third parties, we'd sooner understand that, so long as it is not a long-term temporary fix... Just put the junkyard hood on, don't waste ANY more money than it takes in doing so, save money and get the right thing in it's place and avoid jank-ass tasteless modification.

2. ???
3. Profit

And I write too!
Old 04-11-2010, 11:39 AM   #13
jserman
Zilvia Junkie

^^^ dude please find them... yea I would be doing it more as a joke then anything....

like I said it would be perm.... and how did you attach you fabric to the head???
Old 04-11-2010, 11:53 AM   #14
SoSideways
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (4)
SoSideways is close to perfectionSoSideways is close to perfectionSoSideways is close to perfectionSoSideways is close to perfectionSoSideways is close to perfectionSoSideways is close to perfectionSoSideways is close to perfectionSoSideways is close to perfectionSoSideways is close to perfectionSoSideways is close to perfectionSoSideways is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 4 reviews
You mean how did I attach them to the hood? lol

I believe it was spray on fabric adhesive. Then the fabric itself was scotch guarded over.
Old 04-11-2010, 12:49 PM   #15
soreballz
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (22)
soreballz is close to perfectionsoreballz is close to perfectionsoreballz is close to perfectionsoreballz is close to perfectionsoreballz is close to perfectionsoreballz is close to perfectionsoreballz is close to perfectionsoreballz is close to perfectionsoreballz is close to perfectionsoreballz is close to perfectionsoreballz is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 22 reviews
Send a message via AIM to soreballz
You should just cover the entire car in real animal skin.

Or be hardcore... Use human skins. Don't be a pussy; DO IT.
Last time I checked this is a Zilvia not a fucking group session to deal with self-esteem issues where everyone is a winner and cares about you, your individuality and lack of taste.
Old 04-11-2010, 12:56 PM   #16
jserman
Zilvia Junkie

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoSideways View Post
You mean how did I attach them to the hood? lol

I believe it was spray on fabric adhesive. Then the fabric itself was scotch guarded over.
yea that's what I meant... i might just have to go peek a leek at some fabric today...
Old 04-11-2010, 12:59 PM   #17
HyperTek
Post Whore!

HyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfection
hey people put fence post exhaust tips, why not? lol
Old 04-11-2010, 01:07 PM   #18
illvialuver
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (35)
illvialuver is close to perfectionillvialuver is close to perfectionillvialuver is close to perfectionillvialuver is close to perfectionillvialuver is close to perfectionillvialuver is close to perfectionillvialuver is close to perfectionillvialuver is close to perfectionillvialuver is close to perfectionillvialuver is close to perfectionillvialuver is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 35 reviews
why now get some faux fur and make your car look like the dog van from dumb and dumber.
Old 04-11-2010, 01:44 PM   #19
repda916
Zilvia Addict

repda916 is not welcome here anymorerepda916 is not welcome here anymorerepda916 is not welcome here anymorerepda916 is not welcome here anymorerepda916 is not welcome here anymorerepda916 is not welcome here anymorerepda916 is not welcome here anymorerepda916 is not welcome here anymorerepda916 is not welcome here anymorerepda916 is not welcome here anymorerepda916 is not welcome here anymore
people like you make me look bad when i say i have a 240
Old 04-11-2010, 01:49 PM   #20
Teddy
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (44)
Teddy is close to perfectionTeddy is close to perfectionTeddy is close to perfectionTeddy is close to perfectionTeddy is close to perfectionTeddy is close to perfectionTeddy is close to perfectionTeddy is close to perfectionTeddy is close to perfectionTeddy is close to perfectionTeddy is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 44 reviews
What happens when a bird leaves a massive shit on your hood?
Old 04-11-2010, 01:51 PM   #21
InlineS13
Zilvia Junkie

InlineS13 has a spectacular aura aboutInlineS13 has a spectacular aura aboutInlineS13 has a spectacular aura aboutInlineS13 has a spectacular aura aboutInlineS13 has a spectacular aura aboutInlineS13 has a spectacular aura about
Just wrap that thing with vinyl. Or not. Yeah....just not.
Old 04-11-2010, 02:09 PM   #22
ZX88
Post Whore!

ZX88 has much to be proud ofZX88 has much to be proud ofZX88 has much to be proud ofZX88 has much to be proud ofZX88 has much to be proud ofZX88 has much to be proud ofZX88 has much to be proud ofZX88 has much to be proud ofZX88 has much to be proud ofZX88 has much to be proud ofZX88 has much to be proud of
lol and when it rains what then?

moldy hood
Old 04-11-2010, 02:36 PM   #23
MTalon
Leaky Injector

MTalon has a brilliant futureMTalon has a brilliant futureMTalon has a brilliant futureMTalon has a brilliant futureMTalon has a brilliant futureMTalon has a brilliant futureMTalon has a brilliant futureMTalon has a brilliant futureMTalon has a brilliant futureMTalon has a brilliant futureMTalon has a brilliant future
Old 04-11-2010, 02:49 PM   #24
soreballz
Post Whore!

soreballz is close to perfectionsoreballz is close to perfectionsoreballz is close to perfectionsoreballz is close to perfectionsoreballz is close to perfectionsoreballz is close to perfectionsoreballz is close to perfectionsoreballz is close to perfectionsoreballz is close to perfectionsoreballz is close to perfectionsoreballz is close to perfection
^Win.

/thread.
Last time I checked this is a Zilvia not a fucking group session to deal with self-esteem issues where everyone is a winner and cares about you, your individuality and lack of taste.
Old 04-11-2010, 02:51 PM   #25
dued
Zilvia Junkie

dued is not welcome here anymoredued is not welcome here anymoredued is not welcome here anymoredued is not welcome here anymoredued is not welcome here anymoredued is not welcome here anymoredued is not welcome here anymoredued is not welcome here anymoredued is not welcome here anymoredued is not welcome here anymoredued is not welcome here anymore
Pls don't do it.
Old 04-11-2010, 02:57 PM   #26
96Turbo
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (11)
96Turbo has a reputation beyond repute96Turbo has a reputation beyond repute96Turbo has a reputation beyond repute96Turbo has a reputation beyond repute96Turbo has a reputation beyond repute96Turbo has a reputation beyond repute96Turbo has a reputation beyond repute96Turbo has a reputation beyond repute96Turbo has a reputation beyond repute96Turbo has a reputation beyond repute96Turbo has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 11 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by soreballz View Post
You should just cover the entire car in real animal skin.

Or be hardcore... Use human skins. Don't be a pussy; DO IT.
lawlz

buffalo bill that shit
Old 04-11-2010, 03:00 PM   #27
dOMEmE
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (20)
dOMEmE is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 20 reviews
once again people start putting people down here on zilvia.....i say do it, i bet if you were to buy the origin "wave" hood people would suck your dick. but since its not of name brand or bought for that matter people just hate....just make sure it flows with the colors of your car.=]
Old 04-11-2010, 03:04 PM   #28
soreballz
Post Whore!

Quote:
Originally Posted by dOMEmE View Post
once again people start putting people down here on zilvia.....i say do it, i bet if you were to buy the origin "wave" hood people would suck your dick. but since its not of name brand or bought for that matter people just hate....just make sure it flows with the colors of your car.=]
GTFO. Shouldn't you be in the FS section, lowballing the fuck out of people and posting shitty parts that you think are baller for sale?
Old 04-11-2010, 03:14 PM   #29
dOMEmE
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (20)
dOMEmE is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 20 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by soreballz View Post
GTFO. Shouldn't you be in the FS section, lowballing the fuck out of people and posting shitty parts that you think are baller for sale?
actually i was just on there.....shouldnt you be on the MODS post's and straight hanging off there dicks to get recognition??? get off the "cool" peoples nuts already man seriuosly you aint getting no were! your still gunna be a e-thug. HA! sucka! punk ass fu!
Old 04-11-2010, 03:28 PM   #30
soreballz
Post Whore!

^lol, what a dumbfuck...

Back on topic:
Quote:
Originally Posted by 96Turbo View Post
buffalo bill that shit!
Yes, this. Dead people make excellent fabric. If you skin a fat person, you may even get some skin tags and stretch marks for extra texture!
Closed Thread