Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Tech Talk

Tech Talk Technical Discussion About The Nissan 240SX and Nissan Z Cars

Old 03-31-2005, 07:24 PM   #1
Campos
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (2)
Campos has a spectacular aura aboutCampos has a spectacular aura aboutCampos has a spectacular aura aboutCampos has a spectacular aura aboutCampos has a spectacular aura aboutCampos has a spectacular aura about
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Campos
pressurizing crank case and shootin dipstick out..please help

ok, title pretty much explains it...any ideas????? please help, i am torqing the head to 85lbs to rule that out, i just put a cometic 1.1 gasket w/arp studs so that should be fine...will no catch can cause this???
Old 03-31-2005, 07:47 PM   #2
Ritz S14
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (0)
Ritz S14 has much to be proud ofRitz S14 has much to be proud ofRitz S14 has much to be proud ofRitz S14 has much to be proud ofRitz S14 has much to be proud ofRitz S14 has much to be proud ofRitz S14 has much to be proud ofRitz S14 has much to be proud ofRitz S14 has much to be proud ofRitz S14 has much to be proud ofRitz S14 has much to be proud of
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Piston rings are probably fried.
Ritz S14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2005, 08:06 PM   #3
Campos
Zilvia Addict

Campos has a spectacular aura aboutCampos has a spectacular aura aboutCampos has a spectacular aura aboutCampos has a spectacular aura aboutCampos has a spectacular aura aboutCampos has a spectacular aura about
compression in 150's all four
Old 03-31-2005, 08:11 PM   #4
TheSnail
Nissanaholic!

TheSnail is a name known to allTheSnail is a name known to allTheSnail is a name known to allTheSnail is a name known to allTheSnail is a name known to allTheSnail is a name known to allTheSnail is a name known to allTheSnail is a name known to allTheSnail is a name known to allTheSnail is a name known to allTheSnail is a name known to all
Clean your vpc. Also make sure the hose to it is not obstrucked. Also did you block off the valve cover breather?
TheSnail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2005, 08:47 PM   #5
Campos
Zilvia Addict

you mean pcv??? i have a breather filter.... also any-1 have a part# for a new pcv ???
Old 03-31-2005, 08:55 PM   #6
TheSnail
Nissanaholic!

TheSnail is a name known to allTheSnail is a name known to allTheSnail is a name known to allTheSnail is a name known to allTheSnail is a name known to allTheSnail is a name known to allTheSnail is a name known to allTheSnail is a name known to allTheSnail is a name known to allTheSnail is a name known to allTheSnail is a name known to all
Just check if the pcv valve blows only in one direction (which it should) before you buy a new one.
TheSnail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2005, 12:42 AM   #7
ultraDorksGarage
Zilvia Member

ultraDorksGarage has a spectacular aura aboutultraDorksGarage has a spectacular aura aboutultraDorksGarage has a spectacular aura aboutultraDorksGarage has a spectacular aura aboutultraDorksGarage has a spectacular aura aboutultraDorksGarage has a spectacular aura about
dipstick shooting out on boost can be turbo seals shot, but if its just at idle shooting out and u have compression and no abnormalities in oil, hard hoses, overheating etc. i dunno, sorry

p.s. i just read your other post about your 400hp @21 psi, is this same motor/car?
ultraDorksGarage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2005, 07:22 AM   #8
Campos
Zilvia Addict

turbo is brand new just put it on, yes it is the same car, no overheating....hmmmmm, no oil commin out the bov, so i'm sure that end is ok...any other ideas...
Old 04-01-2005, 03:30 PM   #9
ultraDorksGarage
Zilvia Member

ultraDorksGarage has a spectacular aura aboutultraDorksGarage has a spectacular aura aboutultraDorksGarage has a spectacular aura aboutultraDorksGarage has a spectacular aura aboutultraDorksGarage has a spectacular aura aboutultraDorksGarage has a spectacular aura about
that sux><
im assuming then that radiator hoses arnet rock hard when u run the motor, oil isnt milky and coolant isnt oily... if hoses are hard headgasket is my guess. ive seen good compression with blown headgasket....

if u unscrew oil cap and run car, does dipstick still shoot out? if it doesnt shoot out then id look for bad pcv/check valve or vaccuum hose hooked up to the wrong things.(be prepared for oil to splash out of the hole though).
Old 04-01-2005, 04:01 PM   #10
Campos
Zilvia Addict

yaeh no oil/water exchange.....
Old 04-01-2005, 07:58 PM   #11
240silvia
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (3)
240silvia is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
Send a message via AIM to 240silvia
My coupe with SR was doing the same thing.... The o rings that held in the dipstick were shot... lol... I replaced them and put about 3 wraps of electrical tape on it and it stayed in. Ghetto fix yes, but, it will work til you find out what's really going on.
240silvia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2005, 06:35 AM   #12
Blues13
Zilvia Junkie

Blues13 is an unknown quantity at this point
Aaah.. shiet. This just happened to me today. Dipstick started popping out recently and today I noticed oil coming out of the BOV. This is on a new turbo too..... does this mean..... my turbo seals are bad?! No oil/coolant mixing so I'll be putting on a catch can today hoping that is the fix.

Last edited by Blues13; 04-02-2005 at 06:52 AM..
Blues13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2005, 09:12 AM   #13
Campos
Zilvia Addict

i've read that a dirty air element can cause a vaccuum and make the seals in a turbo suck outa place and shoot oil out. I was havn oil come out my bov on my old turbo but not my new one.
Old 04-02-2005, 10:01 AM   #14
ultraDorksGarage
Zilvia Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by drft57pro
i've read that a dirty air element can cause a vaccuum and make the seals in a turbo suck outa place and shoot oil out. I was havn oil come out my bov on my old turbo but not my new one.

i mentioned the turbo seal going earlier but u gotta remember, sometimes seal goes only partially, and at low rpm there is little pressure in turbocentersection, oil drains straight through(at least it should), then during boost, pressure pushes air past seals and into oil galleys. most times this is accompanied by oil saturation on long shutdown periods (smoke on stratup) but sometimes seals go and u only get air leak during boost. you said u had a new turbo, so thought u had ruled out the seals....although most time u just get oil in compressor side when seals go, u shouldnt rule out anything...

try putting old turbo back on and trying that.

and btw, u havent said if it shoots out only during boost, what rpm, or what psi it shoots out at...

edit: and as to the vaccuum leak thing with air element sucking seal out, that is like a plastic bag in intake violently stopping flow, and seal normally dislodges so u have oil shooting out of your exhaust, into your IC and such
Old 04-13-2005, 01:07 PM   #15
HaLo
from Canada, eh!

HaLo is close to perfectionHaLo is close to perfectionHaLo is close to perfectionHaLo is close to perfectionHaLo is close to perfectionHaLo is close to perfectionHaLo is close to perfectionHaLo is close to perfectionHaLo is close to perfectionHaLo is close to perfectionHaLo is close to perfection
Send a message via ICQ to HaLo Send a message via AIM to HaLo Send a message via MSN to HaLo
Hey, I'm bringing this thread back to life. I had the same problem yesterday: blow-by shot my dipstick out and sprayed some oil.

Compression result: 150psi on all cylinders
No mixing between Oil and Coolant
No oil out of the BOV
Happened under boost on a 1-2-3 gear acceleration on a S13 SR with T25 at 7 psi.
No power loss felt
No abnormal reading off my EGT, Boost, Oil pressure gauges

Faulty PCV Valve? How can I check it? Where is it located on a S13 SR...
SOLD: 01 GPW Honda S2000
PARTED: 93 Pearl White 240SX LE Fastback w/SR20DET
SOLD: 93 Super White 240SX SE Convertible w/Silvia Front
HaLo is offline   Reply With Quote