Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > Marketplace > For Sale Items > Cars For Sale

Old 05-23-2015, 11:16 PM   #1
jazz4890
Leaky Injector

Trader Rating: (3)
jazz4890 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
Arrow 1972 Datsun 240z with a V8

Up for sale is my beautiful 1972 Datsun 240z with a 5 speed modified small block chevy 350 motor swap. The mileage on the chassis is unknown and the motor has around 5k on the rebuild. The car is a beast on the streets and it's a complete sleeper except for the exhaust which sounds amazing. The motor starts right up the car runs perfectly it idles great and sounds like a really healthy motor it pulls real hard to. The registration was just renewed so it's ready to be transferred over to the new owner. It's a CLEAN TITLE & SMOG EXEMPT car so the motor swap is perfectly legal and it is registered and running in California. It's driven on the weekends but I don't daily it due to the gas consumption. The car is a rust free car it was repainted pearl white by the previous owner it's a great color and the paint looks really clean. I hate to see it go but I have to pay off my mortgage and can no longer afford to keep this beauty. NO TRADES I Repeat NO TRADES I'm only looking for cash offers im looking to get 14,000 OBO. I will only reply to people who are serious about buying the car I will not waste my time with you if your a tire kicker or are just looking to lowball me I know what this rare car is worth.

Pro's:

Modified 350 Small Block with
custom drive shaft and motor mounts.

5 Speed Transmission

New clutch(feels really strong)

Custom electric fan set up

Roller Rocker Arms

Roller Lifters

Aluminum Heads

Aluminum Intake Manifold

Edelbrock Carburator

Shorty Headers

New 280z Dashboard Shell (No Cracks)

New carpet cover on top of dash

New carpet on the floor and in the trunk

New rubber moldings on all of the windows on entire car

New Bushings on the front and rear suspension

New suspension arms

New tires on all 4 rims

Custom Fiberglass Cowl Hood (Looks great and disapates heat)

Fiberglass Rear Wing (Also a really nice and new piece)

Brand new thermostat opens at 160 degrees

Full Coolant flush just done to the car 2 weeks ago

Fresh oil change just done a week ago

Height adjustable shocks(Car can be lowered more)

Con's:

Rear tail lights work but brake lights don't work when you push the brake pedal.

No radio but the car can still have one put in.

Speedometer doesn't work.

No A/C or heater.

With Fender flares, and Rims the car could look like this easily which is what I was going for before the bills started adding up.

Last edited by jazz4890; 06-24-2015 at 10:43 PM..
jazz4890 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 05-26-2015, 02:42 PM   #2
jazz4890
Leaky Injector

bump to the top!
Old 05-27-2015, 04:32 PM   #3
SR20PWRALTY
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (13)
SR20PWRALTY is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 13 reviews
What I always wanted. Clean car! I remember back in my teen days whatching the drags at fontana speed way and a Z hitting low 10s every run.
SR20PWRALTY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2015, 04:34 PM   #4
SR20PWRALTY
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (13)
SR20PWRALTY is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 13 reviews
What I always wanted. Clean car! I remember back in my teen days whatching the drags at fontana speed way and a Z hitting low 10s every run with simular setup.
SR20PWRALTY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2015, 07:58 PM   #5
SCxVETTExC4
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (0)
SCxVETTExC4 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Straight trade?

http://zilvia.net/f/showthread.php?t=601460
SCxVETTExC4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2015, 12:24 PM   #6
buddhamonk

Trader Rating: (1)
buddhamonk is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Drifting with a carburated engine. Is it advisable?
buddhamonk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2015, 01:28 PM   #7
gusisboosted
Zilvia Addict

gusisboosted is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by buddhamonk View Post
Drifting with a carburated engine. Is it advisable?
I dont see any issues with drifting a carb'ed engine.

Have you driven a carb engine?
The throttle response is fantastic.
I dont see any issues.
Old 05-28-2015, 02:02 PM   #8
jazz4890
Leaky Injector

Quote:
Originally Posted by gusisboosted View Post
I dont see any issues with drifting a carb'ed engine.

Have you driven a carb engine?
The throttle response is fantastic.
I dont see any issues.
I couldn't have said it better myself thank you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SCxVETTExC4 View Post
No thanks I put no trades in the ad itself but I appreciate the offer im only looking for cash offers.
Old 05-28-2015, 02:24 PM   #9
buddhamonk

Trader Rating: (1)
buddhamonk is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Heard issues with the way gas flows when sideways is an issue with a carburated motor but i don't know about them that's why i ask
buddhamonk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2015, 05:39 PM   #10
jazz4890
Leaky Injector

Quote:
Heard issues with the way gas flows when sideways is an issue with a carburated motor but i don't know about them that's why i ask

The car does get sideways rarely but not crazy sideways like a 240sx or anything it's mainly from so much power to the rear wheels that it gets a little loose in the rear end and when it does get loose there are no issues with a lack of power and there's no fuel cutting or anything like that.
Old 05-29-2015, 10:47 AM   #11
gusisboosted
Zilvia Addict

gusisboosted is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
No.

Remember that for a good part of the last century all race cars had carburated motors. These are cars that ran the Nürburgring and other technical tracks which generated a ton of G force, for hours on end......

Plus the toyota guys have been drifting carburated xtc motors, and even 4ac motors for ever.......

This thing would do just fine.
Old 05-30-2015, 03:07 AM   #12
SpeedForce_350Z
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (17)
SpeedForce_350Z is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 17 reviews
thats not a 240z... looks more like a 280z. The front and rear are definitely 280z.
SpeedForce_350Z is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2015, 05:57 AM   #13
Siberian Husky
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (4)
Siberian Husky is on a distinguished road
Feedback Score: 4 reviews
Our cars are twins.
Old 06-03-2015, 10:53 AM   #14
Hatemy7
Zilvia FREAK!

Hatemy7 is an unknown quantity at this point
I love this car!!! I hope you get what you are asking for it
Hatemy7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2015, 11:08 AM   #15
STR8 H8N
BANNED

STR8 H8N is an unknown quantity at this point
really?

your house number

how the hell would someone find you from that
STR8 H8N is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2015, 02:09 PM   #16
jazz4890
Leaky Injector

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpeedForce_350Z View Post
thats not a 240z... looks more like a 280z. The front and rear are definitely 280z.
Uhh the clean California title I have says it's a 240z and all of the vins match as well so I know it's a 240z for a fact.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Siberian Husky View Post
Our cars are twins.
Lol that's legit I wanna see what your's looks like.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hatemy7 View Post
I love this car!!! I hope you get what you are asking for it
Thanks man I appreciate the support and I hope do as well a lot of money went into building the car which I know I won't get all of it back.

Quote:
Originally Posted by STR8 H8N View Post
really?

your house number

how the hell would someone find you from that
Haha you can never be to careful these days everything's on the internet now. To each his own I guess.
Old 06-04-2015, 07:00 PM   #17
SpeedForce_350Z
Zilvia Member

I would really question Title you have in hand. Swapping out the vin# isn't relatively difficult to replace on these cars. Based on the photos you posted I have reason to believe that this NOT a legit 240z. Not trying to crap on your thread, but I wouldn't want anyone buying a 280z (non-smog exempt) thinking it's a 240z (smog exempt). The rear bumper cut outs are a dead giveaway that it's either a late 260z or 280z. The Taillights are 280z and the front turn signals are 280z. You can draw your own conclusions but whoever gave you those papers/title misrepresented the vehicle. I have owned a few S30 chassis and currently have a 260z sitting in my garage so I know a few things. But this I know that the car you have posted is not a 240z.
Old 06-04-2015, 08:21 PM   #18
jazz4890
Leaky Injector

I don't doubt you know a few things but the fact that I was able to walk into the dmv and get the title transferred with no issues makes me feel pretty comfortable saying this is a 240z I have the title that says it's a 72 240z and all of the vins math. It is smog exempt because I didn't have to do smog or anything smog related to the car just register and insure it and the registration was due when I bought it and I still didn't need to do smog or anything like that to get the title transferred. I know some parts on the car are 280z parts a lot of parts are custom to like the hood and motor mounts and other things and it has a 280z dash cover as well but that doesnt mean its a 280z it just has some parts from a 280z. I know the paperwork I have is legit otherwise I wouldn't have been able to register the car in the most difficult state ever with no issues. I have a clean title in hand no bill of sale crap either. I have been on the Nissan forums and I've been zilvia for a very long time I don't sell shit that's not legit. I'm not saying your completely wrong or trying to come at you in any type of way I'm just letting you know what experience I have had with the Z.
Old 06-07-2015, 10:41 PM   #19
enderr
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (2)
enderr is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
pics of vin with no exif data and ur good otherwise 10k for a rat rod 240z with no ac or brake lights u want 14k? dude break lights are a cheap fix. the little things make cars more than 10k especially in this economy
Old 06-07-2015, 11:49 PM   #20
hrdprkin180
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (8)
hrdprkin180 has much to be proud ofhrdprkin180 has much to be proud ofhrdprkin180 has much to be proud ofhrdprkin180 has much to be proud ofhrdprkin180 has much to be proud ofhrdprkin180 has much to be proud ofhrdprkin180 has much to be proud ofhrdprkin180 has much to be proud ofhrdprkin180 has much to be proud ofhrdprkin180 has much to be proud ofhrdprkin180 has much to be proud of
Feedback Score: 8 reviews
Quote:
I would really question Title you have in hand. Swapping out the vin# isn't relatively difficult to replace on these cars. Based on the photos you posted I have reason to believe that this NOT a legit 240z. Not trying to crap on your thread, but I wouldn't want anyone buying a 280z (non-smog exempt) thinking it's a 240z (smog exempt). The rear bumper cut outs are a dead giveaway that it's either a late 260z or 280z. The Taillights are 280z and the front turn signals are 280z. You can draw your own conclusions but whoever gave you those papers/title misrepresented the vehicle. I have owned a few S30 chassis and currently have a 260z sitting in my garage so I know a few things. But this I know that the car you have posted is not a 240z.
What he means is that to any true s30 fan the 240z (one piece) tails are far more desirable than the 260z, and 280z (2 piece).... And if what you're saying is true then someone went through some very unessesary and extensive work to swap tails from the 240z's to the 260/280z tails, which is very and highly doubtful.
Old 06-08-2015, 01:53 AM   #21
SpeedForce_350Z
Zilvia Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by hrdprkin180 View Post
What he means is that to any true s30 fan the 240z (one piece) tails are far more desirable than the 260z, and 280z (2 piece).... And if what you're saying is true then someone went through some very unessesary and extensive work to swap tails from the 240z's to the 260/280z tails, which is very and highly doubtful.
On paper it may be a 240z.... but this picture attached is a dead giveaway that it's a 280z since the 240z does not have these cutouts.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg rear.jpg (292.7 KB, 79 views)
Old 06-10-2015, 07:17 PM   #22
jazz4890
Leaky Injector

Quote:
Originally Posted by enderr View Post
pics of vin with no exif data and ur good otherwise 10k for a rat rod 240z with no ac or brake lights u want 14k? dude break lights are a cheap fix. the little things make cars more than 10k especially in this economy

Here is the title with the vin on it and here's the vin plate I tried to get the most clear pic of the vin I could so you can read it clearly. The tail lights work but the brake lights don't work because of a relay that needs to be replaced with an OEM one which is expensive and hard to find that's the reason it doesn't have the brake lights working not because of a bulb or something simple like that. It doesn't really need a/c down here in So Cal imo but honestly with the price of a custom a/c setup I couldn't justify spending that when I think its fine without it. My price is also OBO for all of the lowballers on Zilvia. The car was sold to me as a 240z with all of the correct paperwork and I have it registered, Insured, and driven in California as a 240z. I appreciate everyone's input but I know the car is legit and I know it's a great car that I wont have to much of a problem selling.

Old 06-13-2015, 11:52 PM   #23
JDMJNKY
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (11)
JDMJNKY is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 11 reviews
Send a message via AIM to JDMJNKY
Bump for this fairlady Z regardless v8 + s30 = tons of fun.

I will have to side w/ OP. Could be a late 260z or 280z. HOWEVER, all interior bits suggest it's a 280z. Dash, center upper console, steering wheel, rear strut towers, rear tails, rear bumper holes and door panels. 72's were less embellished for a lack of better words. So this car could be a 75-78 280z.
Old 06-14-2015, 12:08 AM   #24
Siberian Husky
Zilvia Junkie

Why is everyone up in arms about whether it is a 240z or a 280z or a 260z? They are all s30s, and at the end of the day, it is extremely common to find a later 280z (76-78) registered as a 240z (75 and pre) with license plate and vin matching in order to facilitate smog exempt status for otherwise negligible differences among the chassis especially when there is a swap involved.

If anything, a 280z provides more structural support than a 240z with more bracing in areas that the car would benefit from when enduring this swap, with the only draw back being a little added weight, which is (again) negligible with this swap.

Anyone truly interested in this car is not going to give two shits about whether it started life as a 240 or a 280.

Bump because this is my car's twin.
Old 06-14-2015, 02:06 AM   #25
SpeedForce_350Z
Zilvia Member

Quote:
Why is everyone up in arms about whether it is a 240z or a 280z or a 260z? They are all s30s, and at the end of the day, it is extremely common to find a later 280z (76-78) registered as a 240z (75 and pre) with license plate and vin matching in order to facilitate smog exempt status for otherwise negligible differences among the chassis especially when there is a swap involved.

If anything, a 280z provides more structural support than a 240z with more bracing in areas that the car would benefit from when enduring this swap, with the only draw back being a little added weight, which is (again) negligible with this swap.

Anyone truly interested in this car is not going to give two shits about whether it started life as a 240 or a 280.

The issue is Authenticity. A 240z is far more valuable than a 280z and highly more sought after. This car would be worth the $14k if it were authentic. Anyone who pays $14k should care that it's a legitimate 240z... It's all relative though, to each their own. Rebadging a vehicle doesn't make it acceptable to inflate its value. To someone who doesn't care about authenticity and doesn't care about value then yes your point is valid.

Last edited by SpeedForce_350Z; 06-14-2015 at 11:40 PM..
Old 06-15-2015, 10:28 PM   #26
low revs

low revs is an unknown quantity at this point
Cool car. That is very strange though. Definitely a 1974.5 or newer front grill and markers. I believe that only the 260/280 came with a rear sway bar too, but could be wrong. GLWS!!!
low revs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2015, 10:42 PM   #27
jazz4890
Leaky Injector

Quote:

Thank you very much I appreciate your words of wisdom and I couldn't have said it any better myself! Im glad their are people out there that understand what the car is and that it's an s30 no matter what and that's awesome we have twin versions of the car haha I wanna see it if you want to post a pic?

Quote:
The issue is Authenticity. A 240z is far more valuable than a 280z and highly more sought after. This car would be worth the $14k if it were authentic. Anyone who pays $14k should care that it's a legitimate 240z... It's all relative though, to each their own. Rebadging a vehicle doesn't make it acceptable to inflate its value. To someone who doesn't care about authenticity and doesn't care about value then yes your point is valid.
As I've stated so many times before the car is OBO the price was just put at 14k because I had to put a price and its zilvia as we all know the price starts high because we know their are going to be nothing but low ballers. I was expecting to get around 10k to 11k im pretty realistic on that price range I know thats for sure and this isnt a car you that your trying to authenticate for a prize or a show its a freakin carbuerated v8 datsun so your whole authenticity thing really doesn't make sense to me but to each his own like you said.

Quote:
Originally Posted by low revs View Post
Cool car. That is very strange though. Definitely a 1974.5 or newer front grill and markers. I believe that only the 260/280 came with a rear sway bar too, but could be wrong. GLWS!!!
Thanks and yeah it's all good the car is currently pending sale!!
Old 06-26-2015, 09:36 AM   #28
Siberian Husky
Zilvia Junkie

Twinsies!

These pics are before I dropped it a bit more.

Old 06-26-2015, 09:57 AM   #29
STR8 H8N
BANNED

STR8 H8N is an unknown quantity at this point
is this a 240 or not im confused ?
STR8 H8N is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2015, 06:55 PM   #30
jazz4890
Leaky Injector

Oh yeah Siberian Husky I've seen your car before on zilvia it's really nice it makes mine look like a beater haha but your right they are pretty much twin car's just your's is way cleaner lol but thanks again for your posts in this thread I appreciate it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by STR8 H8N View Post
is this a 240 or not im confused ?
Well I've figured out it's a 280z body with a 240z title and vin to help with the smog exempt status it also has some 240z parts on it but it's mainly a 280z with 280z parts. Thanks for everyone's interest in the car I ended up selling the car as well. The new owner had no issues with the car or the registration either so both of us were happy with the deal.