Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > Local / Regional / National > USA

USA Talk to others in your region.

Old 07-17-2003, 11:37 AM   #91
DuffMan
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (0)
DuffMan is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Send a message via Yahoo to DuffMan
Quote:
Originally posted by uiuc240
??? I live on 5th. Ogden is basically parallel to 5th. How does that work? I'm confuzzed.

Eric
Yeah 5th starts and stops and turns a bunch of times. I live near cress creek shopping center.

Hey, 1fasts13, are you still looking for a 240? I may have a lead on one for cheap.
DuffMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 07-17-2003, 06:41 PM   #92
matt0941
Zilvia Member

matt0941 is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to matt0941
If your car is broken, COME ANYWAYS.

Its not like its a ticket to get it, I mean you can still check out other cars, talk and EAT FOR CHRIST'S SAKE.

So come regardless guys, just don't drive up in a Ford Probe or fists will fly.
Old 07-17-2003, 07:13 PM   #93
KiDyNomiTe
Post Whore!

KiDyNomiTe has a reputation beyond reputeKiDyNomiTe has a reputation beyond reputeKiDyNomiTe has a reputation beyond reputeKiDyNomiTe has a reputation beyond reputeKiDyNomiTe has a reputation beyond reputeKiDyNomiTe has a reputation beyond reputeKiDyNomiTe has a reputation beyond reputeKiDyNomiTe has a reputation beyond reputeKiDyNomiTe has a reputation beyond reputeKiDyNomiTe has a reputation beyond reputeKiDyNomiTe has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to KiDyNomiTe
Quote:
Originally posted by matt0941

So come regardless guys, just don't drive up in a Ford Probe or fists will fly.
lol what happens if I come with my bros mx6, close enough to a probe
Old 07-19-2003, 05:27 PM   #94
KiDyNomiTe
Post Whore!

KiDyNomiTe has a reputation beyond reputeKiDyNomiTe has a reputation beyond reputeKiDyNomiTe has a reputation beyond reputeKiDyNomiTe has a reputation beyond reputeKiDyNomiTe has a reputation beyond reputeKiDyNomiTe has a reputation beyond reputeKiDyNomiTe has a reputation beyond reputeKiDyNomiTe has a reputation beyond reputeKiDyNomiTe has a reputation beyond reputeKiDyNomiTe has a reputation beyond reputeKiDyNomiTe has a reputation beyond repute
Well meets tomorrow, its supposedly going to rain later in the day, so come out early if you can.

Hope you all can make it out tomorrow, just remember starts at 1, at JDM Spec Performance in Plainfield IL. Might relocate to Erics apartment later on in the day.

If you are coming late get Erics Cell somewhere in this thread, just in case we aren't at Leos store anymore.
Old 07-19-2003, 07:06 PM   #95
DuffMan
Post Whore!

I have a favor to ask, if anyone has a DOHC FSM and is coming to the meet, could they please bring it.

Thanks.
Old 07-19-2003, 07:37 PM   #96
Bill Roberts
Zilvia FREAK!

Bill Roberts is an unknown quantity at this point
Well I tried to pull out the stops and looked into making it there. I went to the all Florida meet today (about a 270 mile round trip) and I got the horrid message on my answering machine I got to go into work early Monday morning so to do the trip the way I would be comfortable, I would need that Monday (21'st) off. I had a ticket in reserve but next time guys? Howabout it?

We are just in a nasty crunch at work and they cannot do Monday without me (pussys)

I enjoyed following this thread and I will be there in spirit and fire up my Grill with some damned good Chicago style BBQ here and I will be thinking about you folks. I really appreciated the invite and I really think this meet will be a one of a kind blast. I love Chicago and the hospitality..and especially the food!!

At our meet in Florida today, I got there about 330PM and left about 5PM, it was looking like rain. Thier was two S-14's and Two S-13's counting mine. Lots of nice Sentras and Altimas. Even a NX2000! I think they got some good pics of my car, rust holes under the hatch and all. It was rather short meet and the driving was 4X longer than the actual meet. Left at 145PM, got back here around 730PM...but all in all it is great to see and speak to other Nissan folks. We did not eat or anything. Made some friends.

The drive there and back on I-95 was worth the trip alone. Lots of super high speed cars running very fast on the interstate...averaging 85, lots of oppurtunitys to run upwards of 100 to over 110 safely with traffic. The car loved the trip..ran like a champ! South Florida traffic on I-95 Hauls a$$. Lots of people doing 100 for miles and miles. I saw NO FHP. Wierd thing is no one seemed to even want to slow at all going in the 55MPH limit, just flying 75/85 and 95 and more. It was danger to slow to 75 in the 55.

I hope to make it to a Chicagoland meet in the near future. I will make sure it is not the middle of July, when our company is in an uproar.

Cheers,

Bill
Bill Roberts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2003, 07:58 PM   #97
DuffMan
Post Whore!

I'm sure we'll have at least 1 more before it gets cold.
Old 07-19-2003, 08:04 PM   #98
KiDyNomiTe
Post Whore!

Sucks you can't come out, would have been great to have you out here. But ya understand about the work, don't want you to ruin your cash flow .

Next meet will most likely be one of the last two weeks of August, trying to get a meet every month - month and a half. So just check out the site every once in a while. This time around we will try and sort out location and date sooner.

Your Nissan meets are like ours, lots of sentras and altimas, and a couple 240s. The 240 is never huge at these meets.
Old 07-19-2003, 09:53 PM   #99
Bill Roberts
Zilvia FREAK!

The miami Grench has a 240 meet South of me, I wanna check that out

My idea of a meet is for folks to bring some parts, let everyone talk about their car (each member gets to hold the stage, going from car to car, and some beer for those that are not driving, big a$$ed BBQ, some bikini women ready to show off, a place where their is a pool so a PARTY can ensue, and perhaps a DJ and a live band. It could all be done if each person pitches in a 20 and you got 40 people. 800 bucks goes a ways...plus, any left over dough...a raffle for the cash..for effeiciency...

It has to be organized in a way that everyone feels a part of the team. I know my N/A engine was probably a dissapointment, even that it is clean and 15 years old...but no one wanted a ride, I would be happy to go up to the interstate and show them what it feels like to heavy brake to get down to the speedlimit to get into traffic!

The vibe did not seem like a good idea to ask or such. Perhaps i was not there long enough. I was not dissapointed, that is for sure.

Well it was my first meet and actually, the drive was so nice that I may just taske some drives like that exploring on weekends instead of sitting at home. It only cost 22 bucks in gas, 7 in refreshemnts and I saw a place I never been, talked to some nice folks, it was cool.

PM me a number, I will check in on ya tomorrow afternoon on da phone!!

Cheers,

Bill

Last edited by Bill Roberts; 07-19-2003 at 09:57 PM..
Old 07-19-2003, 11:59 PM   #100
uiuc240
Nissanaholic!

uiuc240 is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to uiuc240
My lady is washed, cleaned, polished and waxed. Ready to go. She hasn't looked this good in a while. I'm going to change the oil in the morning before the meet. Yay. Unless Leo speaks up and tells me I can change it at his shop?!?

Anyway, I'm looking forward to it. Should be a good time.

Bill, I like your style man. We need to get you out here. You tell us when is good for you and we'll set something up. Seriously. My place is always ready. I'm thinking Baby Back Ribs...whaddya say? There's no pool though...but we could just drink enough beer to make ourselves THINK that we're swimming!

Oh, and one more time...here's my number:

630-803-4343

Eric
Old 07-20-2003, 12:32 AM   #101
Bill Roberts
Zilvia FREAK!

Very cool My Man!

BB ribs are the best. We got a lot of New Yorkers and Chicagolites here that do them well in some of the resturants..but 16.99 for a teaser rack just ain't happning!

We will do this, when is a question of time. I kinda hope the Florida boys look at this site as a reference of how it is to be done.

I did have a great time and like I say, the drive, oh...the drive down a non policed Interstate with high end high speed crusers (not the 95MPH dodge truck camp which all SUV's and trucks were running around the 88 to 102)..I found that me and a 330 was even, His passes were not that potent (compared to cararras and the E55's that were taging around) and then I got ahead of him (somehow) and took and exit and he cruised in behind me for a Burger king run, and we chatted some..I took a parking place (he knew he was on line since he had soot coming from his pipe and I pulled up beside him at over 100..in forth (so much for my 7 mph rule but the oppurtunity could not be missed and Betsy was feeling quite good.. my car) And he asked me, what did your speedo say, I said, I had no idea, off the scale, he said, 132 was his gov. but he just got it taken care of and he said he was around 140 with nothing left..and I had nothing left either.

So matching a 330 is good info At those speeds...but he weighs 800LBS more than me...with a 3.0(6cyl)running around 235+HP and no telling what else.

I simply could not drive 75. I tryed. It would have been dangerous. And when the speed limit turned to 55, I was still cruising 86 with the flow..I tried to pace the flow down to 70..no such luck...

Driving In S Florida is a trip..a good one..and the car is fully blown out for a while...many d shifts to 3 at 80 and 4 at 105....to keep it ripe.

About cleaning, yea, this morning I overslept from a hard work week. I found this cleaner called super purple, good for Alum.(stock alloys) and it took care of the rims, then just palmolive in a bucket and a towel for the body and under body sides. My car looked really good considering the rust holes in the hatch (only) and I did not vac it out but I was sporting my Halon 1211 20LBS extinguisher (leaky injectors) just in case. I think a few folks took notice of that big thing, considering a refill is over 700 bucks.

They had a tripod and got some good pics of my car, rustholes and all of the hatch.

Sleepy eyes hold up at top speed, I leaned and scooted up to see if they were being abused by the wind, rock solid (I was afraid they would get buffeted to death)

Sorry for the ramble...but the best of the show was the drive.

Last edited by Bill Roberts; 07-20-2003 at 12:42 AM..
Old 07-20-2003, 02:00 AM   #102
uiuc240
Nissanaholic!

I'm not tired either...hehehe

I drove from Naples to Key West and back at year ago. The drive back was all at night and we were hauling *** too. It was weird. There just really aren't any cops there I think. It's easy to go fast in Illinois too...just gotta take the State Highways instead of the Interstates. I blast from here to Champaign in 2 hours. That's not that amazing, but it's fun because it's a 2-lane highway where you have to downshift and pass a lot. I love that. Just gives me one more reason to grab 3rd at 75 and whiiizzzzzzzz up to 105 before letting off. Love that stuff.

Anyway, the ribs are on whenever you decide to haul out here.

Leaky injectors? WTF? On a built motor? Fix that ish, meng!

Eric
uiuc240 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2003, 06:17 PM   #103
KiDyNomiTe
Post Whore!

Great meet (better for me cuz I had my car ). Just could have used more cars and more food, but I guess all the late changes didnt help .

Thanks goes out to Leo for lending us his shop for the day. Also thanks to Eric, James, Matt, Leo, Art, and whoever else helped out with getting this thing togethere. And last but not least thanks to all those who came out for the meet.

Click Here for imagestation album, if you have no host you can add your pics up here. PM me so I can add the pics (cuz it needs to be approved).

The next meet will most likely be last week of August or first two weeks of september. This way you all have time to do whatever your summer projects are. Someone can make a thread to start discussions on location and date of the next meet, or I will when I get done doing what I am doing.
Old 07-20-2003, 06:32 PM   #104
Crab Spirits
Leaky Injector

Crab Spirits is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to Crab Spirits
I like that that location, we should have the next meet at that shop again. Nice and quiet, and comfy new Bride seats for me to fart in. 5 Miles from home too.
Old 07-20-2003, 10:09 PM   #105
JDM180SX
Zilvia Member

JDM180SX is an unknown quantity at this point
Thumbs up Lots o' Fun

I had a blast at the meet. So did my buddy, who is a newb and this was his first meet. The location is a bit far but not bad at all. I wouldnt mind doing another there but it kinda sucked we couldnt do any work on the cars....

All in all, I enjoyed it and would do it again! Yay, thanks guys for taking the time to plan these things and thanks leo for the location!

-Eddy
Old 07-21-2003, 01:11 AM   #106
matt0941
Zilvia Member

matt0941 is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to matt0941
Haha. Thanks to leo, dave, and that other guy's name I don't know. Also thanks to everyone for organizing and making the drive (what a bitch! ).

As far as the next meet goes, I am not trying to sway it in any way, just saying if you guys want to see my finished project like the 25th or sometime around there, but doesn't matter not like anyone cars

Peace
Old 07-21-2003, 07:23 AM   #107
uiuc240
Nissanaholic!

Word. I had a great time at the meet. Too bad there weren't more 240 dudes there...just us lifers. Oh well. Maybe next time we'll get strippers and a band and more people will get off their asses, stop playing Halo for 5 minutes and drive somewhere to look at cars

Anyways, like already said, it was a great time, we all had fun, and what's more:

I now have a connection to a shop with a lift in the area!!!

Iight. peace.

Eric
Old 07-21-2003, 09:40 AM   #108
RHDS14
Leaky Injector

RHDS14 is an unknown quantity at this point
Sorry I didn't make the show guys. I talked to eric and thought I would make it but never got my car balanced and aligned after two tries. I will check out the pics to see what I missed and hopefully you guys can plan another one soon so I can make it. Otherwise I am sure I will see you at HIN, I should be one of the few with right hand drive.
Old 07-21-2003, 03:43 PM   #109
uiuc240
Nissanaholic!

No big deal, Justin. I tried calling you toward the end just to make sure you weren't going to show up like 20 minutes after we left (Murphy's Law, right?!) Anyway, you weren't home. So we left

Anyway, I'm not so sure about HIN...I've heard that's a teeny-bopper rice fest...am I wrong? If so, please set me straight.

Eric
uiuc240 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2003, 04:09 PM   #110
KiDyNomiTe
Post Whore!

LOL it is in a way. I have been to one (IRev). It was alright. Although the cars I was actually interested in I either already saw in person or saw at one of the meets.

Plus 20 dollars for admission and ~10 for parking is not cool at all, cuz im broke
Old 07-21-2003, 06:11 PM   #111
RHDS14
Leaky Injector

RHDS14 is an unknown quantity at this point
hmmm, I have never been to one so I guess I have to give it a try at least one time. Who knows maybe there will be some big sponsers or cover mags that will want my car, hahah right. Maybe if it was finished.