Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Chat > Builds (and builds only)

Builds (and builds only) Got a build thread? It goes here, build threads anywhere else on the forum will be locked and never moved.

Old 09-24-2020, 10:04 AM   #1
da_crew10
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (14)
da_crew10 has a reputation beyond reputeda_crew10 has a reputation beyond reputeda_crew10 has a reputation beyond reputeda_crew10 has a reputation beyond reputeda_crew10 has a reputation beyond reputeda_crew10 has a reputation beyond reputeda_crew10 has a reputation beyond reputeda_crew10 has a reputation beyond reputeda_crew10 has a reputation beyond reputeda_crew10 has a reputation beyond reputeda_crew10 has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 14 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by avayo View Post

cookie cutter theme
paint it red
da_crew10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 09-25-2020, 04:54 PM   #2
Avayo
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (1)
Avayo is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fuglychuki91 View Post
Nice update man!
Thanks man, hopefully more to come soon

Quote:
Originally Posted by da_crew10 View Post
paint it red
I know right, it?s on my list lol Been done so many times but it?s so damn good.
Avayo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2020, 12:52 PM   #3
Avayo
Zilvia Member

Had some time today to finally drop the engine in for a test fit. Now I can get a better idea on where I need to clear the trans tunnel. Overall super happy with how it sits in there. Dying to order more parts and get it going. Debating on selling the Subaru to fund this car. It would really help push it over the finish line.

Old 01-03-2021, 07:56 AM   #4
Avayo
Zilvia Member

Little end of the year update. Decided to list up the sti for sale a few weeks ago to free up some space/money for the 240. Luckily lined up a buyer in the first 24 hours it was listed and got my full asking price.

I started looking around for someone willing to tackle the paint and body work on the 240. I was kind've surprised a couple shops I talked to weren't interested in any restoration work. I guess it worked out because while waiting to hear back from a few different options I spotted a MK4 Supra for sale.

I've wanted one of these cars for roughly 6 years now. Right around the same time the price on them skyrocketed. I was getting married, having a couple kids so it just didn't work out for me then. Then I saw this one owner, all original car pop up and knew it was now or never. It's a usdm n/a auto car with only 51k miles. I still can't believe I was able to find one un molested and not missing anything. The car feels like an absolute time capsule.

It needs a little paintless dent removal and a good detail but overall for its age it's in excellent condition. For now I'm just going to enjoy it as is while I acquire the parts I want for it. Will be pretty basic, 97-98 headlights/taillights, front lip yada yada. And then eventually GTE/6 speed swap.

For now the 240 will go on the back burner unfortunately. But I still would like to keep it for my son or daughter. Hoping at least one of them will be a car nut like me.

Happy New Year guys!