Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Tech Talk

Tech Talk Technical Discussion About The Nissan 240SX and Nissan Z Cars

Old 05-01-2007, 05:55 PM   #31
ctm_motortrends
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (1)
ctm_motortrends is close to perfectionctm_motortrends is close to perfectionctm_motortrends is close to perfectionctm_motortrends is close to perfectionctm_motortrends is close to perfectionctm_motortrends is close to perfectionctm_motortrends is close to perfectionctm_motortrends is close to perfectionctm_motortrends is close to perfectionctm_motortrends is close to perfectionctm_motortrends is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Indian Hill exit of the 10 there was one there on Friday. Good thing I wasn't driving my stupid 410hp S13. Becarful in Montcair and Clairmont cops are a bunch of di**s and will pull you over for anything. When driving trough one of these don't get nervious and keep the car quiet and use your old CAT heat sheild it hide's your test pipe really good.
ctm_motortrends is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 05-01-2007, 05:59 PM   #32
PRADOgy
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (0)
PRADOgy is close to perfectionPRADOgy is close to perfectionPRADOgy is close to perfectionPRADOgy is close to perfectionPRADOgy is close to perfectionPRADOgy is close to perfectionPRADOgy is close to perfectionPRADOgy is close to perfectionPRADOgy is close to perfectionPRADOgy is close to perfectionPRADOgy is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheSquidd View Post

I'm sorry, how does "ignorant fucktard trolls" relate to smog legal cars? I see hundreds of "ignorant fucktard trolls" (I think I'm talking to one right now) everyday in perfectly smog legal cars. You can't stop them, and making more laws only makes it more difficult for those of us with some god damn sense in our heads.

In fact most people I know with smog-failing cars are quite the opposite of "ignorant fucktard trolls". They have the knowledge and know how to construct and maintain a vehicle such as these.

Taking stupid people off the street? How is that EVER going to be accomplished? You think that just because I have an SR20, that doesn't pass CA emissions laws (even though it could pass the sniffer if I wanted it to) means that I should be taken off the road? Because CA declares it visually unacceptable? I know of trucks that are sold as brand new today that will emit more pollutants than I do.

If you think this is true, maybe we should abolish construction equipment, and coal power plants, and smoking, and poop, and cow poops, and hair spray, and air conditioning, and all racing on the entire planet will be done with skateboards and motorcycles from here on out. And you can only wipe your ass with one square of paper.

Are you sure you're not from San Francisco?
Do you ONLY ride a bicycle, well then you're an IGNORANT FUCKTARD TROLL driving some emission making car!
In fact, if you're driving a 240sx at all you're driving a car that only passes out dated emissions standards! Buy a brand new car you wasteful shit! Stop polluting my air!
Do you ever use full throttle on your vehicle?? WHY GOD DAMNIT!? Use light throttle and stop making me breathe your death!
Do you use air conditioning? Hair spray??? You should die in a fire!
Do you recycle 100%?!?!?! If not I'll shit on your face!
Hell, the power you are using to power the computer you are typing from came from a power source that is most likely "unclean", you should set your computer on fire!

Smog Nazi's FTW.

/random, erratic post.

HAHAHAHAAHAH!!!!!!!!!!!
Damn i needed a good laugh

+1!
just cus the car doesnt pass smog dont mean ur a stupid burn on the street..
whats the point in being an enthusiest than.. dude in socal nothing is fucking legal! not even farting.. might get a ticket if its too loud
PRADOgy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2007, 06:04 PM   #33
tknbkthrsdy4anfg
Nissanaholic!

tknbkthrsdy4anfg is close to perfectiontknbkthrsdy4anfg is close to perfectiontknbkthrsdy4anfg is close to perfectiontknbkthrsdy4anfg is close to perfectiontknbkthrsdy4anfg is close to perfectiontknbkthrsdy4anfg is close to perfectiontknbkthrsdy4anfg is close to perfectiontknbkthrsdy4anfg is close to perfectiontknbkthrsdy4anfg is close to perfectiontknbkthrsdy4anfg is close to perfectiontknbkthrsdy4anfg is close to perfection
Send a message via AIM to tknbkthrsdy4anfg
Shameless plug for my own thread:
http://www.zilvia.net/f/showthread.php?t=132325

$pending dead pre$ident$ J@CK@TT@CK!
tknbkthrsdy4anfg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2007, 06:43 PM   #34
69datsun510
Leaky Injector

Trader Rating: (8)
69datsun510 is making a name for him/her self69datsun510 is making a name for him/her self69datsun510 is making a name for him/her self
Feedback Score: 8 reviews
So, I guess we can all just go get an old American piece of crap and put a 4 miles to the gallon huge V-8 with a blower. If it's made before 1975 it would pass smog in CA. LOL Heaven forbid you had a 400+whp SR20, getting 25 mpg, until you romp on it, in a '91 S13. You might show up that '67 Camero the cop has at home in his garage!!
69datsun510 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2007, 07:13 PM   #35
drift_wood
Leaky Injector

drift_wood is on a distinguished road
Quote:

I'm sorry, how does "ignorant fucktard trolls" relate to smog legal cars? I see hundreds of "ignorant fucktard trolls" (I think I'm talking to one right now) everyday in perfectly smog legal cars. You can't stop them, and making more laws only makes it more difficult for those of us with some god damn sense in our heads.

In fact most people I know with smog-failing cars are quite the opposite of "ignorant fucktard trolls". They have the knowledge and know how to construct and maintain a vehicle such as these.

Taking stupid people off the street? How is that EVER going to be accomplished? You think that just because I have an SR20, that doesn't pass CA emissions laws (even though it could pass the sniffer if I wanted it to) means that I should be taken off the road? Because CA declares it visually unacceptable? I know of trucks that are sold as brand new today that will emit more pollutants than I do.

If you think this is true, maybe we should abolish construction equipment, and coal power plants, and smoking, and poop, and cow poops, and hair spray, and air conditioning, and all racing on the entire planet will be done with skateboards and motorcycles from here on out. And you can only wipe your ass with one square of paper.

Do you ONLY ride a bicycle, well then you're an IGNORANT FUCKTARD TROLL driving some emission making car!
In fact, if you're driving a 240sx at all you're driving a car that only passes out dated emissions standards! Buy a brand new car you wasteful shit! Stop polluting my air!
Do you ever use full throttle on your vehicle?? WHY GOD DAMNIT!? Use light throttle and stop making me breathe your death!
Hell, the power you are using to power the computer you are typing from came from a power source that is most likely "unclean", you should set your computer on fire!

Smog Nazi's FTW.

/random, erratic post.

Dude thank you for having a brain, SR's are very capable of passing smog with a little work. Its to bad that CA has the visual part of the test, otherwise Im sure a lot of us including me with SR's would go through the trouble to have a clean running SR.... But whats the point since the police think anyone with a intake or with an unusual looking pipe in there engine bay must be a street racer....

Old 05-01-2007, 07:21 PM   #36
staygold24
Zilvia Addict

staygold24 will become famous soon enoughstaygold24 will become famous soon enoughstaygold24 will become famous soon enoughstaygold24 will become famous soon enough
Wow finally a good reason to be in south georgia. Im moving to alabama and am pretty damn sure they dont have anything like this since I went to the mall and saw a r32 gtr with a front mount.

Sorry for the trouble yall have though. Maybe its time to get a legal ls1 swap. Just an idea
staygold24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2007, 07:38 PM   #37
brainfood
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (18)
brainfood has a reputation beyond reputebrainfood has a reputation beyond reputebrainfood has a reputation beyond reputebrainfood has a reputation beyond reputebrainfood has a reputation beyond reputebrainfood has a reputation beyond reputebrainfood has a reputation beyond reputebrainfood has a reputation beyond reputebrainfood has a reputation beyond reputebrainfood has a reputation beyond reputebrainfood has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 18 reviews
Seen them they exist, sucks but my friends let me know about it before i hit it so I just avoided it.
Old 05-01-2007, 08:42 PM   #38
Red Square
Zilvia Junkie

Red Square is close to perfectionRed Square is close to perfectionRed Square is close to perfectionRed Square is close to perfectionRed Square is close to perfectionRed Square is close to perfectionRed Square is close to perfectionRed Square is close to perfectionRed Square is close to perfectionRed Square is close to perfectionRed Square is close to perfection
i just got off work, in the 14 on the way home..... all of a sudden i catch myself in a line of cars with center divider on one side and cones and two police on ever entance driveway so people cant escape. they briefly look in my car and ask my if i have any modification. i said was "i lowered it 1 inch"....... ok have a nice day.

crappy cel phone pics

Old 05-01-2007, 09:01 PM   #39
projectRDM
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (12)
projectRDM is close to perfectionprojectRDM is close to perfectionprojectRDM is close to perfectionprojectRDM is close to perfectionprojectRDM is close to perfectionprojectRDM is close to perfectionprojectRDM is close to perfectionprojectRDM is close to perfectionprojectRDM is close to perfectionprojectRDM is close to perfectionprojectRDM is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 12 reviews
Quote:

Smog Nazi's FTW.

/random, erratic post.
I really didn't want to start a dissertation, but you asked for it.

Ignorant people relate to the cars that don't pass smog in one simple way, they do not care about passing smog, nor do they care about the environment. You just proved that. Yes, we all pollute to an extent, but there are ways to lessen the damage we do as a society. Blatantly ignoring those steps to gain 3whp and be cool doesn't seem worth it to me. If these 'knowledgeable' people you know can build and maintain a car like you say they do, then why aren't they passing emissions? You're admitting that even though you're an "enthusiast", you care more about your own personal image and your car than anything else. Great outlook. My own car has a fully functional catalytic converter and is tested every year, as is any car I work on. Why? Every little bit helps.

The fact is, you're driving a car that, under CA and Federal law, is illegal. Crying about being penalized for breaking the law is retarded. Yes there are plenty of people who break the law, but the guy driving 60MPH in a 55MPH zone on a Sunday isn't potentially risking anything more than if he was driving the speed limit, you however are driving a car that is without a doubt expelling harmful pollutants, just like if you were driving around firing a gun randomly at buildings. It's not the same thing, but in the eyes of the law it has the same outcome. The law is made that way for a reason, not to make your pitiful life hard to deal with but to protect the common interest of everyone involved, that's why it exists and continues to function as the law. To complain that the law is hindering your lifestyle is equally stupid, you don't cry that you can't legally steal from people or throw rocks through plate glass windows, so why is this any different?
The automakers have long fought with better ways to create vehicles with reduced emissions, the 70s showed us how bad the effect can be and that's why changes have been made ever since. Muscle cars and such get waivers not because "lawmakers think they're cool and hate ricers" but because they rarely drive more than 5k miles a year. You can't penalize someone for owning a car that was designed before they realized their own mistakes, but even those cars are required by law to run a catalyst of some sort. If they choose not to, they're just as guilty and deserve just as much punishment for it. The 45k miles a year that you drive however, at redline, attempting to drift, is far more damaging than any dozen V8s from the early days. And as such, you're required to run the proper equipment as well. It's your choice to break the law and not do that, but it shouldn't be your place to complain if you're reprimanded for doing so. If you break the law then you're guilty, end of story. There is no room for leeway because you wanted more power or saw it in a magazine and think it's cool.

That's all I'm saying. Every reply has been about people complaining about how unfair the World is to them, yet no one will readily admit that the sole reason they're being treated unfairly is because they deserve it. It's sad as hell when I have to type this all out just to explain that the reason people are being treated like a criminal is because they are a criminal. The law is clear, no matter how uncool or 'un JDM' it is, it's the law. Breaking it deserves only the strongest of punishment. And that's why I hope they continue to police every car they can, not because I think it's right (I do), and not because 99% of people who are in violation are punk ass kids who can't drive in the first place (they are), but because the law was written to protect everyone equally so that we can all coexist for decades to come.

And yes, I recycle.
projectRDM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2007, 09:12 PM   #40
AbsoluteZero
Nissanaholic!

AbsoluteZero is close to perfectionAbsoluteZero is close to perfectionAbsoluteZero is close to perfectionAbsoluteZero is close to perfectionAbsoluteZero is close to perfectionAbsoluteZero is close to perfectionAbsoluteZero is close to perfectionAbsoluteZero is close to perfectionAbsoluteZero is close to perfectionAbsoluteZero is close to perfectionAbsoluteZero is close to perfection
Send a message via AIM to AbsoluteZero
Quote:
Originally Posted by DoriKnights View Post
HAHAHAHAAHAH!!!!!!!!!!!
Damn i needed a good laugh

+1!
just cus the car doesnt pass smog dont mean ur a stupid burn on the street..
whats the point in being an enthusiest than.. dude in socal nothing is fucking legal! not even farting.. might get a ticket if its too loud
OMG hahahahaha I almost fell out of my computer chair after readin this! +1!!!!!

"DUFFM4N FOR MOD!!!!"
Team 1337
AbsoluteZero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2007, 11:36 PM   #41
wootwoot
Post Whore!

wootwoot is a name known to allwootwoot is a name known to allwootwoot is a name known to allwootwoot is a name known to allwootwoot is a name known to allwootwoot is a name known to allwootwoot is a name known to allwootwoot is a name known to allwootwoot is a name known to allwootwoot is a name known to allwootwoot is a name known to all
Send a message via AIM to wootwoot
Its like speeding, getting pulled over, and then getting pissed off about cops being "assholes."

You're breaking the law that is there for the better of everyone. It is not enforced perfectly, I agree, but you are taking a risk. Own up to it.

How is everyones horse doing today? Mine is pretty small because I dont give a fuck.

p.s. use the god damn regional sections. Also, not only are you not in regional where this belongs, but this is technical how? If anything it would more closer to chat. The world is not only southern California and thats what irritates me about it when people post this shit. I live in Florida, I dont have to deal with this stuff. Its almost insulting that you assume everyone on here that is into cars is from your area. Now come over here and bandage my butt, it hurts.

Last edited by wootwoot; 05-01-2007 at 11:39 PM.. Reason: because you fucking suck.
wootwoot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2007, 11:43 PM   #42
TheSquidd
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (7)
TheSquidd is close to perfectionTheSquidd is close to perfectionTheSquidd is close to perfectionTheSquidd is close to perfectionTheSquidd is close to perfectionTheSquidd is close to perfectionTheSquidd is close to perfectionTheSquidd is close to perfectionTheSquidd is close to perfectionTheSquidd is close to perfectionTheSquidd is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 7 reviews
Send a message via AIM to TheSquidd
Quote:
Originally Posted by R240NA View Post
Ignorant people relate to the cars that don't pass smog in one simple way, they do not care about passing smog, nor do they care about the environment.
Right off the bat you are straight up retarded. An SR20DET CAN PASS SMOG, it doesn't pass VISUAL. It's been proven only like , 100 times on this very forum alone. No further comment. If you remove your catalytic converter, your choice, you know the punishments and it's your choice to do so if you feel the punishment is worth the crime. I did it.

Quote:
Yes, we all pollute to an extent, but there are ways to lessen the damage we do as a society. Blatantly ignoring those steps to gain 3whp and be cool doesn't seem worth it to me. If these 'knowledgeable' people you know can build and maintain a car like you say they do, then why aren't they passing emissions?
If it doesn't seem worth it to YOU, then don't do it. Congratulations you are a responsible adult! Wow how hard was that?

Apparently too hard because people like you feel that is YOUR responsibility to make these choices for the REST of society, whether they agree with you OR NOT. What gives you, whoever the fuck YOU are, the right to make these decisions for everyone else? Maybe I don't feel that my car does pollute so much as to deserve insane fines and be impounded and crushed.

As to the comment about the people I know, NO ONE in the entire STATE of CA passes emissions with an SR20det, even if fucking butterflies and candy corn came out the tail pipe it is ILLEGAL by VISUAL standards.

Quote:
You're admitting that even though you're an "enthusiast", you care more about your own personal image and your car than anything else. Great outlook.
Where in the land of holy HELL did you infer this??? How does the fact that I modify my car, or the statements I have made demonstrate that I care more about my personal image than anything else???? Anyone who knows me, feel free to chime in on how totally off you are.

I care about many many many more things MORE than my car. My dick for example, hell, crush my car, set it on fire, but don't crush my dick and set it on fire! My family, my computer, my job, my friends, there's tons of shit I care about more than my car. If you saw the state of my car you would know I care very little for it.

But you know what I care even less about? The shit that comes out of the tailpipe. That's right, I don't care that much about what comes out of the back. Bite me! Half the people here are the SAME way (ie. EVERYONE that races/modifies their car whether they know it or not), and to be honest I doubt half the people that claim to be environmentalists don't really give two shits about the environment they think they do.

Oh wait, don't you race and auto X a KA-T or some shit? Oh here's a quote from you: "I've got an SR bottom setup now, SSA manifold and elbow, GTi-R T28, S15 480s for fuel." Why would even HAVE this in your possession ??! That's a CRIMINAL WEAPON! AKIN TO OWNING A GUN! OR A ROCK TO THROW AT PLATE GLASS WINDOWS!

Stop racing your car, stop building cars for people! EVERY LITTLE BIT HELPS.

Quote:
My own car has a fully functional catalytic converter and is tested every year, as is any car I work on. Why? Every little bit helps.
Good! You are doing YOUR part to help the cause in which YOU believe in! Great! I admire that, I actually truthfully do. I admire religion, I admire solders who go off and fight for their country. Do I participate in any of these things? NO. And I'd appreciate it if the members of each of these fucking groups would STOP trying to push their beliefs onto me and those around me. Sorry, I'm not buying what you are selling, but I respect it!

Quote:
The fact is, you're driving a car that, under CA and Federal law, is illegal. Crying about being penalized for breaking the law is retarded.
Yes, and the people who rebeled against the British Empire were doing something illegal too, those who hid innocent Jews in their attics were doing something illegal too. FUCK it's illegal in Georgia to take a French Poodle to the Opera. Fucking look it up asshole.

Laws are not ALWAYS right. Punishments for laws are not ALWAYS right. Especially when it comes to the automotive legal system in CA. I had a burnt out bulb in my headlight last year, and got caught with it on during sunset, and had to pay 170$ and miss a day of work to goto court. Really? 170$ and it wasn't even night time? Shit. Oh WELL some book somewhere says it's the law, I better bend my ass over and let them ride the brown boat down the shit river.

Quote:
Yes there are plenty of people who break the law, but the guy driving 60MPH in a 55MPH zone on a Sunday isn't potentially risking anything more than if he was driving the speed limit, you however are driving a car that is without a doubt expelling harmful pollutants, just like if you were driving around firing a gun randomly at buildings.
This, and I really mean this part is the BEST part of your response. I kinda had an inkling that you were a somewhat sane person, with a moderate head on your shoulders and maybe even a decent argument to present , but boy did you just piss on that idea!

Ok oK, a few things here. 1. You piss and moan and protest, telling everyone to obey the law to the strictest letter. Without sway. Yet you say "Welll, a guy going 60 isn't putting anyone at risk more than doing 55".

http://www.yikers.com/video_the_diff..._in_5_mph.html

FUCKING OWNED. I have no idea how to say it better. You, LOSE. Period. End of argument. Myth busted asshole. 5 mph presents considerably more risk. Period. That's the difference between killing a little kid and stopping before you hit them.

Fuck by your logic we should all drive 20 mph, every little bit helps!

Ok oK, whatever on that, but then you liken driving with a car that doesn't pass smog, to driving around firing a gun? AT buildings? What kills more people a year? My SR20, hell ALL SR20's in the WORLD, OR people shooting at people? I can't believe you wrote that. When presenting an arguement, only use your STRONGEST points, don't throw crap like that out there it ONLY makes you look stupid. So you know what , I won't even bother on commenting on it further.

Quote:
It's not the same thing, but in the eyes of the law it has the same outcome. The law is made that way for a reason, not to make your pitiful life hard to deal with but to protect the common interest of everyone involved, that's why it exists and continues to function as the law.
You really don't have two shits of an idea why LAWS are created. So when they outlawed gay marriage, it was to "protect the common interest of everyone involved"? When they made alcohol illegal, it was to protect the interests of everyone involved? No of course it's not made to make my "pitiful" (DEEP BURN, YOU ARE THE INSULT MASTER) life difficult, but I'll be damned if the laws in place aren't a LITTLE off. (At least here in California.)

I am afraid of people like you, those that have BLIND trust of their government.

Quote:
To complain that the law is hindering your lifestyle is equally stupid, you don't cry that you can't legally steal from people or throw rocks through plate glass windows, so why is this any different?
BECAUSE I'M NOT STEALING FROM PEOPLE OR THROWING ROCKS AT PLATE GLASS WINDOWS. These are two things I believe to be MORALLY wrong. So in these instances I AGREE with the law (though I live in CA so the punishments for these laws is probably insane). I am not complaining that the laws are hindering my lifestyle, I am complaining that they are UNJUST. The fines too strict, they are unfairly enforced (if you don't know what this means, you have no place in this argument.).

Quote:
The automakers have long fought with better ways to create vehicles with reduced emissions, the 70s showed us how bad the effect can be and that's why changes have been made ever since. Muscle cars and such get waivers not because "lawmakers think they're cool and hate ricers" but because they rarely drive more than 5k miles a year. You can't penalize someone for owning a car that was designed before they realized their own mistakes, but even those cars are required by law to run a catalyst of some sort.
I'll give you this, this is a fair argument. One I don't agree with but it is rational.

How can you defend classic muscle cars? You're so hypocritical. The hole in your argument is this, why is it then that no emissions laws apply to cars made before 1973? Why can I put a Nissan SR20det into a 1972 Datsun 240zx, and be virtually LEGAL in the state of CA, yet when I put it in my 1991 240sx, it is completely, and without argument ILLEGAL? How does the chassis change the emissions output? If anything I would think putting it in the chassis the engine came in, with smog equipment hooked up PLUG and PLAY would IMPROVE the emissions. I would imagine 99% of the time an sr20det in a 240sx is much cleaner than an sr20det in a 1972 240zx.

Do you think the guy down the street from me that drives a big block swapped Chevy Nova with straight pipes out the back and a catalytic converter is emitting less emissions than the 17 year old who put a red top in his 240sx with a catalytic converter?

Quote:
The 45k miles a year that you drive however, at redline, attempting to drift, is far more damaging than any dozen V8s from the early days.
A. I don't drive 45k a year.
B. I don't drive at red line, EVER, I don't want to float the valves.
C. I don't attempt to drift (do or do not, there is no attempting ^_^)
D. Proof?

Quote:
And as such, you're required to run the proper equipment as well. It's your choice to break the law and not do that, but it shouldn't be your place to complain if you're reprimanded for doing so. If you break the law then you're guilty, end of story. There is no room for leeway because you wanted more power or saw it in a magazine and think it's cool.
What the hell are you doing on Zilvia??? Shouldn't you be on *censored nissan forum* talking about how sweet the new SE rims look on your stock 240sx coupe

I hate to sound like a broken record here, but how the hell do you entrust your local and federal government so blindly??? Do you not have a free thought in your head? And if you do, and still follow the laws so strictly, then I applaud you for your dedication. But I highly doubt you do.

Also I love how you pretend that I'm some ricer kid who is just into some fad. If you knew me you would know I am FAR beyond that. I am the ULTIMATE RICER, I ADHERE TO ALL FADS. EVERYTHING I SEE IN MAGAZINES I DO!

Quote:
That's all I'm saying. Every reply has been about people complaining about how unfair the World is to them, yet no one will readily admit that the sole reason they're being treated unfairly is because they deserve it. It's sad as hell when I have to type this all out just to explain that the reason people are being treated like a criminal is because they are a criminal. The law is clear, no matter how uncool or 'un JDM' it is, it's the law. Breaking it deserves only the strongest of punishment. And that's why I hope they continue to police every car they can, not because I think it's right (I do), and not because 99% of people who are in violation are punk ass kids who can't drive in the first place (they are), but because the law was written to protect everyone equally so that we can all coexist for decades to come.
So let me just summarize you, if I can, just what I think is going on here.

1. You blindly follow all laws, have you read every single one? Do you signal 100 feet EXACTLY, not an inch less, before you reach an intersection which you are turning into? Are you THAT good? *insert your smartass response that YES you are that good. haha no ones laughing but you.*

If you do NOT signal exactly 100 ft and not an inch less before an intersection , you are a complete hypocrite. Because you believe, in your own words, that laws are written to protect everyone equally, and that those that BREAK those laws, even those that break a stupid signaling law, WHICH YOU HAVE DONE, I guarantee it, deserve the strongest punishment.

2. You believe that all of those younger than lets say.... 22? can not drive. Period. You have not expressed any leniency in this, so you must believe that it is 100% true. *motherfucking Al* makes me CHUCKLE. Statements like these prove how ignorant and disconnected from reality you really are.

3. You believe a 1969 Big Block Supercharged 10 second drag car WITH catalytic converters emits less than an SR20det with catalytic converters. I may be exaggerating here, but this is the impression you have given me.

4. You believe people like me don't agree with laws because they are "un-JDM". And that I have done no research into any of this at all, and am speaking out of my ass.

5. You believe someone who has a car that doesn't pass emissions, even your grandmother with a 1985 Cadillac with a leaky exhaust, is a CRIMINAL. Criminal, in ever sense of the word. They, we, she have committed CRIMES, and deserve the absolute connotation of CRIMINAL.

That should get us off to a good start.

Oh and in retort to your rep comment, I have done things to TRY and change things. I've filed complaints to SEMA, I've gotten (names hidden to protect the innocent) Californian after market parts businesses, some of the LARGEST businesses in the state, to file complaints to SEMA. Once again don't assume.
TheSquidd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2007, 12:10 AM   #43
TheSquidd
Post Whore!

TheSquidd is close to perfectionTheSquidd is close to perfectionTheSquidd is close to perfectionTheSquidd is close to perfectionTheSquidd is close to perfectionTheSquidd is close to perfectionTheSquidd is close to perfectionTheSquidd is close to perfectionTheSquidd is close to perfectionTheSquidd is close to perfectionTheSquidd is close to perfection
Quote:
Originally Posted by wootwoot View Post
Its like speeding, getting pulled over, and then getting pissed off about cops being "assholes."

Unfortunately, yes, you are from Florida, you haven't the slightest clue what it's like to be an enthusiast here in CA, which is what this thread is about, smog checkpoints in southern CA.

Wrong section I know, but I didn't start the thread.
Old 05-02-2007, 12:16 AM   #44
wootwoot
Post Whore!

wootwoot is a name known to allwootwoot is a name known to allwootwoot is a name known to allwootwoot is a name known to allwootwoot is a name known to allwootwoot is a name known to allwootwoot is a name known to allwootwoot is a name known to allwootwoot is a name known to allwootwoot is a name known to allwootwoot is a name known to all
Send a message via AIM to wootwoot
Lock Lock Lock Lock
Old 05-02-2007, 12:45 AM   #45
fliprayzin240sx
Man w/ CTSV & a Car Seat

Trader Rating: (19)
fliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 19 reviews
Send a message via AIM to fliprayzin240sx
Socal? We've had this shiet in Norcal for over almost 2 yrs? I remember running into one in Sacramento on my way to Venus to pick up parts...

If you think Zilvia has too many assholes...
CLICK HERE!!!
fliprayzin240sx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2007, 12:45 AM   #46
panama DRIFT
Leaky Injector

panama DRIFT is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to panama DRIFT
+1 for The squidd
panama DRIFT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2007, 12:53 AM   #47
forum04pl
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (10)
forum04pl has a reputation beyond reputeforum04pl has a reputation beyond reputeforum04pl has a reputation beyond reputeforum04pl has a reputation beyond reputeforum04pl has a reputation beyond reputeforum04pl has a reputation beyond reputeforum04pl has a reputation beyond reputeforum04pl has a reputation beyond reputeforum04pl has a reputation beyond reputeforum04pl has a reputation beyond reputeforum04pl has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 10 reviews
Send a message via AIM to forum04pl
Quote:
Originally Posted by Red Square View Post
i just got off work, in the 14 on the way home..... all of a sudden i catch myself in a line of cars with center divider on one side and cones and two police on ever entance driveway so people cant escape. they briefly look in my car and ask my if i have any modification. i said was "i lowered it 1 inch"....... ok have a nice day.
thats classic
forum04pl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2007, 01:36 AM   #48
s13_gearhead
Zilvia Member

s13_gearhead will become famous soon enoughs13_gearhead will become famous soon enoughs13_gearhead will become famous soon enough
Send a message via AIM to s13_gearhead Send a message via MSN to s13_gearhead
Yeah, no kidding. If people would stop drifting their fucking cars on public streets and giving import cars a bad reputation, we wouldn't have shit like going on. The bottom line is this: We all like to tune, so why jeopardize that? There is a time and a place for everything. 100+ mph and getting sideways is for the track, not the neighborhood six blocks away. Personally I take it WAY easy on the street, and I know a lot of other tuners do too, but it hardly matters when we're already getting the stink eye from local law enforcement because our cars are in Paul Walker movies.
s13_gearhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2007, 01:58 AM   #49
coreansurfer
Zilvia FREAK!

coreansurfer is close to perfectioncoreansurfer is close to perfectioncoreansurfer is close to perfectioncoreansurfer is close to perfectioncoreansurfer is close to perfectioncoreansurfer is close to perfectioncoreansurfer is close to perfectioncoreansurfer is close to perfectioncoreansurfer is close to perfectioncoreansurfer is close to perfectioncoreansurfer is close to perfection
i just want to say that cali has lame ass smog and emission laws that make no sense whatsoever and people in other states have it better, but I WOULDNT WANT TO LIVE ANYWHERE ELSE. cali> ALL

the end.
coreansurfer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2007, 02:21 AM   #50
240esux
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (2)
240esux has a reputation beyond repute240esux has a reputation beyond repute240esux has a reputation beyond repute240esux has a reputation beyond repute240esux has a reputation beyond repute240esux has a reputation beyond repute240esux has a reputation beyond repute240esux has a reputation beyond repute240esux has a reputation beyond repute240esux has a reputation beyond repute240esux has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Send a message via AIM to 240esux
hahahahahaha +1 more for Thesquidd!!!
240esux is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2007, 02:27 AM   #51
BOROSUN
Post Whore!

BOROSUN is close to perfectionBOROSUN is close to perfectionBOROSUN is close to perfectionBOROSUN is close to perfectionBOROSUN is close to perfectionBOROSUN is close to perfectionBOROSUN is close to perfectionBOROSUN is close to perfectionBOROSUN is close to perfectionBOROSUN is close to perfectionBOROSUN is close to perfection
i like hawaii.
BOROSUN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2007, 02:35 AM   #52
s13_gearhead
Zilvia Member

s13_gearhead will become famous soon enoughs13_gearhead will become famous soon enoughs13_gearhead will become famous soon enough
Send a message via AIM to s13_gearhead Send a message via MSN to s13_gearhead
Quote:
Oh and in retort to your rep comment, I have done things to TRY and change things. I've filed complaints to SEMA, I've gotten (names hidden to protect the innocent) Californian after market parts businesses, some of the LARGEST businesses in the state, to file complaints to SEMA. Once again don't assume.
Oh did he neg rep you too? Yeah, I got some neg rep the other day for a silly comment I made about KA's not having Apex seals. rofl.
s13_gearhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2007, 03:11 AM   #53
bimmerlover
Zilvia Junkie

bimmerlover is making a name for him/her selfbimmerlover is making a name for him/her self
i read every single word TheSquidd had to say, and this quote takes the cake:

Quote:
Myth busted asshole.
too bad they can't say that on the show. HAHA fucking hilarious.

United Parcel Service® Employee 1832572 - Fucking up your packages since 2005
bimmerlover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2007, 03:45 AM   #54
articdragon192
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (9)
articdragon192 is close to perfectionarticdragon192 is close to perfectionarticdragon192 is close to perfectionarticdragon192 is close to perfectionarticdragon192 is close to perfectionarticdragon192 is close to perfectionarticdragon192 is close to perfectionarticdragon192 is close to perfectionarticdragon192 is close to perfectionarticdragon192 is close to perfectionarticdragon192 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 9 reviews
Send a message via AIM to articdragon192
See, what kills emissions here is fucking visual. My friend's SR passed smog for registration with no fucking cat on. Amazing huh? That was years ago. Now if he even shows up with an SR and a cat on, he's done. A JDM engine can be as clean as can be, but visual will fuck it over. Amazing how something that can work cleaner and more efficient than it's USDM counterpart isn't allowed because of visual inspection.

Because of this, some people just say fuck it, my motor is already illegal, having a cat on isn't gonna save me one bit, so test pipe it is. Now, if Cali allowed any motor as long as it passed the sniffer, I guarantee you, many will abide by smog laws in order to be able to keep their nice swaps and turbo set ups.

Need help?
Click here
Still stumped?
Try this
Can't find what you're looking for?
Here you go.
articdragon192 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2007, 04:06 AM   #55
hatchbaak
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (5)
hatchbaak is making a name for him/her selfhatchbaak is making a name for him/her selfhatchbaak is making a name for him/her self
Feedback Score: 5 reviews
+1 squidd.
Old 05-02-2007, 04:28 AM   #56
Vatche
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (289)
Vatche is close to perfectionVatche is close to perfectionVatche is close to perfectionVatche is close to perfectionVatche is close to perfectionVatche is close to perfectionVatche is close to perfectionVatche is close to perfectionVatche is close to perfectionVatche is close to perfectionVatche is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 289 reviews
its very sad, that in this country people all call eachother names. to be honest we can do that all day long, cuz nobody is the same and nobody will ever agree. but i do find it quite irritating that people back the laws that are made in retarded ways to make money. i got pulled over the other day for speeding. the guy wrote me a ticket in under 5 min. did not say one word to me. nothing about hey man drive a lil slower you might kill someone. nah it was all about meeting his quota. and if its not the money theyre after, its because the retarded people making these laws happen. one person that wants something tells the masses that it needs to be a certain way and everyone is like oh my god lets do what he says! anywayz i dont even want to go on. it frustrates me to think that in a couple years we will have cameras on every intersection. they have infrared cameras on cop cars now which is great. if they use it for what its worth. but cameras everywhere are not gonna help cops much more then take away our freedom. most laws are bogus. some laws are nice to have. i understand structure. speed limits are put in place for reasons. ugh anywayz im done. goodnight. i dont want to think anymore. fuck visual smog.
The Ultimate For Sale Thread <> Review Thread
Vatche is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2007, 07:56 AM   #57
HKsilvia
Zilvia Junkie

HKsilvia is on the path to ruinHKsilvia is on the path to ruin
Send a message via ICQ to HKsilvia
this is the first time ive seen someone got owned so badly...... twice
and i believe
1.visual smog does not help making environment any cleaner, emission does.
2.some laws are created to make money. ie. visual smog is one of the classics.
3.TheSquidd does have the points.
Old 05-02-2007, 08:46 AM   #58
projectRDM
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (12)
projectRDM is close to perfectionprojectRDM is close to perfectionprojectRDM is close to perfectionprojectRDM is close to perfectionprojectRDM is close to perfectionprojectRDM is close to perfectionprojectRDM is close to perfectionprojectRDM is close to perfectionprojectRDM is close to perfectionprojectRDM is close to perfectionprojectRDM is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 12 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheSquidd
Right off the bat you are straight up retarded. An SR20DET CAN PASS SMOG, it doesn't pass VISUAL. It's been proven only like , 100 times on this very forum alone. No further comment. If you remove your catalytic converter, your choice, you know the punishments and it's your choice to do so if you feel the punishment is worth the crime. I did it.
OK, so you admit that you've broken the law, yet you're here crying about the consequences of doing so. Again, why break the law in the first place? If you know your only way of not passing is visual (and I don't follow distinct CA laws, so I'm not up to speed on what they consider visually wrong), then you're still blatantly breaking the law. I never said it was a smart or a fair law, neither is the law against sodomy in some states, but it's still the law. By breaking it you accept any consequences, whether they're just or not. The difference is some laws you can get away with, as are some laws that aren't going to hurt anyone else.

Quote:

If it doesn't seem worth it to YOU, then don't do it. Congratulations you are a responsible adult! Wow how hard was that?

Apparently too hard because people like you feel that is YOUR responsibility to make these choices for the REST of society, whether they agree with you OR NOT. What gives you, whoever the fuck YOU are, the right to make these decisions for everyone else? Maybe I don't feel that my car does pollute so much as to deserve insane fines and be impounded and crushed.

As to the comment about the people I know, NO ONE in the entire STATE of CA passes emissions with an SR20det, even if fucking butterflies and candy corn came out the tail pipe it is ILLEGAL by VISUAL standards.
It's not my responsibility nor my place to make choices for anyone, and if you read for a second you'll see I'm not doing that. I don't even care if you and your friends break the law, I'm only saying you have no recourse for complaining about it if you do. The law exists for everyone, so if you personally break it, why should that be ok for everyone else on Earth? Did you ask them if they mind that you break the law? You're the one making the decision for everyone else, not me. I'm only following the law, which is what everyone else is doing in most cases. The smaller percentage who don't, you for instance, are taking a different path.

Quote:
Where in the land of holy HELL did you infer this??? How does the fact that I modify my car, or the statements I have made demonstrate that I care more about my personal image than anything else???? Anyone who knows me, feel free to chime in on how totally off you are.

I care about many many many more things MORE than my car. My dick for example, hell, crush my car, set it on fire, but don't crush my dick and set it on fire! My family, my computer, my job, my friends, there's tons of shit I care about more than my car. If you saw the state of my car you would know I care very little for it.

But you know what I care even less about? The shit that comes out of the tailpipe. That's right, I don't care that much about what comes out of the back. Bite me! Half the people here are the SAME way (ie. EVERYONE that races/modifies their car whether they know it or not), and to be honest I doubt half the people that claim to be environmentalists don't really give two shits about the environment they think they do.

Oh wait, don't you race and auto X a KA-T or some shit? Oh here's a quote from you: "I've got an SR bottom setup now, SSA manifold and elbow, GTi-R T28, S15 480s for fuel." Why would even HAVE this in your possession ??! That's a CRIMINAL WEAPON! AKIN TO OWNING A GUN! OR A ROCK TO THROW AT PLATE GLASS WINDOWS!

Stop racing your car, stop building cars for people! EVERY LITTLE BIT HELPS.
You must care more about yourself than others if you choose to break a law that was made by those others. Again I never said it's a great law that we all should embrace, but it's still there for a reason. To say that everyone who races/modifies their car don't care about smog is equally retarded. First off, that's two completely different avenues. Someone who only upgrades their brakes/suspension for more spirited and perhaps safer driving isn't 'racing' their car, and then there are people, the 75% percentile of newcomers, who modify their car solely with an engine swap and nothing else who race their cars, on the street or where ever they can. I autocross my car and track it, but I also do so with the proper emissions equipment. If the output is still below standards (it is) then there really isn't any reason I can't or shouldn't 'race' it. That's the difference you fail to see, the measurable level is still below what the law recognizes as the limit, while your car, even in stock form, is not. I'm not killing anyone any quicker with a catalyst, in theory though you are without one. To argue that no one should modify their cars is not the issue, the argument is should they do it cleanly. You chose not to, which is why this thread began in the first place. Yes it's your choice, so you still have no reason to complain by making that choice.

Quote:
Yes, and the people who rebeled against the British Empire were doing something illegal too, those who hid innocent Jews in their attics were doing something illegal too. FUCK it's illegal in Georgia to take a French Poodle to the Opera. Fucking look it up asshole.

Laws are not ALWAYS right. Punishments for laws are not ALWAYS right. Especially when it comes to the automotive legal system in CA. I had a burnt out bulb in my headlight last year, and got caught with it on during sunset, and had to pay 170$ and miss a day of work to goto court. Really? 170$ and it wasn't even night time? Shit. Oh WELL some book somewhere says it's the law, I better bend my ass over and let them ride the brown boat down the shit river.
Again, I never said it was a great law, nor one I advocate. I simply realize that there's no point in fighting a law that I don't feel is a hindrance to me. I obey it, so why cry about it? The laws aren't always designed with everyone in mind but if they're easy to follow and avoid action, why not do it? If your headlight was out, why not replace it? Seems simple enough to me, but you chose not to so you're now upset you were caught? Yes the fine was stupid, but if you could have bought a $9 headlight and avoided it, why not do that instead?

Quote:
This, and I really mean this part is the BEST part of your response. I kinda had an inkling that you were a somewhat sane person, with a moderate head on your shoulders and maybe even a decent argument to present , but boy did you just piss on that idea!

Ok oK, a few things here. 1. You piss and moan and protest, telling everyone to obey the law to the strictest letter. Without sway. Yet you say "Welll, a guy going 60 isn't putting anyone at risk more than doing 55".

http://www.yikers.com/video_the_diff..._in_5_mph.html

FUCKING OWNED. I have no idea how to say it better. You, LOSE. Period. End of argument. Myth busted asshole. 5 mph presents considerably more risk. Period. That's the difference between killing a little kid and stopping before you hit them.

Fuck by your logic we should all drive 20 mph, every little bit helps!
I have not once in this thread pissed, moaned, or protested, I've simply pointed out the law. You have though, because it's unfair. That's not for me or you to decide though. No one ever follows the law to the book, and yes we all speed but your video, although cute, is a single account. Nowhere did I say that in ALL cases my point was correct. However every time you start your car without a catalyst, every single time, you emit higher emissions that a car with one. There's no getting past that. That's not a myth, it's fact. Driving safer is one thing, driving with the observance of the law is altogether different. If you chose to break one law, you're admitting that any other law is just as easy to break, so would you be the one driving 60 and hit the little kid? In your opinion the laws are unjust, so would you feel unfairly treated if you went to jail for manslaughter? Seems like you think that, so go ahead and run over people, I mean it's just a law, it can't seriously be there for a reason.

Quote:

Ok oK, whatever on that, but then you liken driving with a car that doesn't pass smog, to driving around firing a gun? AT buildings? What kills more people a year? My SR20, hell ALL SR20's in the WORLD, OR people shooting at people? I can't believe you wrote that. When presenting an arguement, only use your STRONGEST points, don't throw crap like that out there it ONLY makes you look stupid. So you know what , I won't even bother on commenting on it further.
I didn't liken anything to anything else, you took it upon yourself to just assume that. I'm simply saying that in your opinion, any law is just as unjust as any other. You've proven that now, so do you also drive around firing guns at buildings? It's just a law, no matter how stupid it is, so you can break it right?

Quote:

You really don't have two shits of an idea why LAWS are created. So when they outlawed gay marriage, it was to "protect the common interest of everyone involved"? When they made alcohol illegal, it was to protect the interests of everyone involved? No of course it's not made to make my "pitiful" (DEEP BURN, YOU ARE THE INSULT MASTER) life difficult, but I'll be damned if the laws in place aren't a LITTLE off. (At least here in California.)

I am afraid of people like you, those that have BLIND trust of their government.
I trust who I consider to do the right thing, simple. There are plenty of laws that are as stupid as this entire thread and I'm not defending any of them, I'm only saying they exist not to be broken. For whatever reason they became into affect is not the issue, nor is why they still exist, but why people like you can break it freely and feel like it's ok is. You said it yourself that you don't care about the law, not I. I don't have an opinion one way or the other because I don't chose to break it, nor do I feel the need to. You do.

Quote:

BECAUSE I'M NOT STEALING FROM PEOPLE OR THROWING ROCKS AT PLATE GLASS WINDOWS. These are two things I believe to be MORALLY wrong. So in these instances I AGREE with the law (though I live in CA so the punishments for these laws is probably insane). I am not complaining that the laws are hindering my lifestyle, I am complaining that they are UNJUST. The fines too strict, they are unfairly enforced (if you don't know what this means, you have no place in this argument.).
They are unjust and sometimes unfair, and you have the right to decide to break them, but under the law you should be penalized for doing so. By your definition any law should have some leeway, so the ones you think are just you'll obey, but the others can go out the window because you don't agree with them. How can you make that choice for everyone?

Quote:

How can you defend classic muscle cars? You're so hypocritical. The hole in your argument is this, why is it then that no emissions laws apply to cars made before 1973? Why can I put a Nissan SR20det into a 1972 Datsun 240zx, and be virtually LEGAL in the state of CA, yet when I put it in my 1991 240sx, it is completely, and without argument ILLEGAL? How does the chassis change the emissions output? If anything I would think putting it in the chassis the engine came in, with smog equipment hooked up PLUG and PLAY would IMPROVE the emissions. I would imagine 99% of the time an sr20det in a 240sx is much cleaner than an sr20det in a 1972 240zx.

Do you think the guy down the street from me that drives a big block swapped Chevy Nova with straight pipes out the back and a catalytic converter is emitting less emissions than the 17 year old who put a red top in his 240sx with a catalytic converter?

A. I don't drive 45k a year.
B. I don't drive at red line, EVER, I don't want to float the valves.
C. I don't attempt to drift (do or do not, there is no attempting ^_^)
D. Proof?
I knew you would throw that out there. I am not defending muscle cars, period, but I knew you'd automatically see it that way because you've already proven your narrow minded one track thinking. I don't know why lawmakers chose the cutoff years like they did, it's not for me to say. It's only my concern to follow it as they've chosen, and yes it doesn't make sense and there's plenty of loopholes in each law concerning emissions, but until they correct them it's still the law. It's absolutely no trouble for me to obey it so I don't make it an issue, you however cannot obey it so you claim it as an injustice. That makes as much sense as the guy who shoots you in the head, then argues that since you didn't die he got a raw deal.

Quote:

What the hell are you doing on Zilvia??? Shouldn't you be on *censored nissan forum* talking about how sweet the new SE rims look on your stock 240sx coupe
I'm here because for the past fourteen years I've literally bled 240SX and continue to offer as much technical assistance as I can to fellow members who share the same passion. Nowhere in the enthusiast handbook does it say that to own and modify a car you have to break the law, hate the government, and fight the power. If that's what you think we're here for, maybe you're on the wrong forum.

Quote:

I hate to sound like a broken record here, but how the hell do you entrust your local and federal government so blindly??? Do you not have a free thought in your head? And if you do, and still follow the laws so strictly, then I applaud you for your dedication. But I highly doubt you do.

Also I love how you pretend that I'm some ricer kid who is just into some fad. If you knew me you would know I am FAR beyond that. I am the ULTIMATE RICER, I ADHERE TO ALL FADS. EVERYTHING I SEE IN MAGAZINES I DO!
I don't. I simply follow the laws that make sense for both me and my fellow members of society. I don't kill people because I know it's immoral, and I don't run without a catalyst because I don't see the need not to do so. It's four bolts and it's proven to be a better choice for everyone. No one is leading me to a cliff so I can jump off like you suggest. You don't feel that part of the law is worth paying attention to, I do. But it's still the law.

Quote:

So let me just summarize you, if I can, just what I think is going on here.

1. You blindly follow all laws, have you read every single one? Do you signal 100 feet EXACTLY, not an inch less, before you reach an intersection which you are turning into? Are you THAT good? *insert your smartass response that YES you are that good. haha no ones laughing but you.*

If you do NOT signal exactly 100 ft and not an inch less before an intersection , you are a complete hypocrite. Because you believe, in your own words, that laws are written to protect everyone equally, and that those that BREAK those laws, even those that break a stupid signaling law, WHICH YOU HAVE DONE, I guarantee it, deserve the strongest punishment.

2. You believe that all of those younger than lets say.... 22? can not drive. Period. You have not expressed any leniency in this, so you must believe that it is 100% true. *motherfucking Al* makes me CHUCKLE. Statements like these prove how ignorant and disconnected from reality you really are.

3. You believe a 1969 Big Block Supercharged 10 second drag car WITH catalytic converters emits less than an SR20det with catalytic converters. I may be exaggerating here, but this is the impression you have given me.

4. You believe people like me don't agree with laws because they are "un-JDM". And that I have done no research into any of this at all, and am speaking out of my ass.

5. You believe someone who has a car that doesn't pass emissions, even your grandmother with a 1985 Cadillac with a leaky exhaust, is a CRIMINAL. Criminal, in ever sense of the word. They, we, she have committed CRIMES, and deserve the absolute connotation of CRIMINAL.

That should get us off to a good start.

Just as I said above, I do not follow all laws, no one does. But I do follow most, especially when there's no reason not to. If there's a law about not driving while humming then I guess I'm going to jail, but if the law requires my car to have a functioning catalyst then why not have it? It's not hurting anyone or anything by doing so. If the law penalizes me for not doing so, then I have no reason to complain. Neither do you.

I agree I come off as an asshole to younger drivers. Why? Look at statistics. Then look at attitude. Show me one teenager who doesn't resent the police and their parents, you can't. We all did at that age, and that's where my basis comes from. I luckily grew out of it, not everyone does. And how many 35yr olds do you see showing off at car shows and driving into trees? How many do you see stuffing their car into a guardrail while drifting in the rain? Hell, look at the people in this thread who are defending you, they're all aged from 19-23. My point is made without even doing any work.

A V8 engine emits more emissions, we all know this. But the V8 engine runs for that 10 seconds and gets parked 90% of the time. Does the SR? No, it runs to school, errands, takes you to work, etc.

You've researched the law plenty, which is what makes this whole thread even more ridiculous. You know damn well what the law says but you're still determined to prove it wrong because you don't fall into the category everyone else does.

Anyone who does not pass emissions, under the law, is criminal. The difference is they have the option to correct the problem and not be criminal, as do you, but you chose to continue to break the law. No matter how silly the law is, you're complaining that you can't continually get away with breaking it, and that's not fair to you.

I'm done with this thread, if you still feel that by breaking the law, no matter how trivial the law is, is alright to do and you're being treated unfairly for it, maybe you should move to a country where they execute you for breaking laws. It's a stupid law, but it's still the law. Complaining about getting caught and penalized for it is pointless. If I speed and get pulled over I accept the consequences, and if I'm plowing a girl in the ass and get caught, same thing. I may not agree with either law but I know I broke it, so I have no reason to complain, it was my choice. You have absolutely no basis to complain when you're knowingly and bluntly doing the same thing. None.
projectRDM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2007, 09:24 AM   #59
PXRdriFT
Zilvia Member

PXRdriFT is just really nicePXRdriFT is just really nicePXRdriFT is just really nicePXRdriFT is just really nicePXRdriFT is just really nicePXRdriFT is just really nicePXRdriFT is just really nicePXRdriFT is just really nicePXRdriFT is just really nice
Send a message via AIM to PXRdriFT
just because its the law we can't complain? laws get changed because people step up and voice their opinions about the validity of the law. i agree that just saying "this law sucks" is not constructive, but people have the right to say it. you don't want to see it, stop reading the thread.
Old 05-02-2007, 10:16 AM   #60
TheSquidd
Post Whore!

Quote:
Just as I said above, I do not follow all laws, no one does.
There are laws you don't believe are just, and you are prone to breaking them. Done. Bam. Wallop. Chimichanga. You just contradicted everything your entire argument is based upon.

So because you don't feel a law is just (lets just keep using the turn signal one as an example) YOU can break that law, but because I don't feel it's right to make an SR20det illegal SOLELY for the reason that it was not originally sold here in America, I am being a whiny teenager?

HYPOCRITE.

And this argument was NEVER about catalytic converters. I don't get where you inferred that. I myself don't have one, and like I stated a page ago, if you don't have one that is your choice and up to whether you believe it's worth the punishment. I don't think I've ever put into question the validitiy of catalytic converters. I don't run one because basically, why bother? My car's fucking illegal in CA , so fuck it, I'm going to make it as illegal as I can.

This argument, SINCE THIS TAKES PLACE IN CA, is about how SR20DET's are ILLEGAL and will lead anyone who owns one to getting their car impounded, crushed, 1500$ fines, points on their record, constant police bullying, endless tickets and court dates. It doesn't matter if the car CAN PASS THE SNIFFER, it wont pass smog because of simply what it IS.

If you don't know SHIT about CA laws and how hard it is to be an owner of a car here, get the fuck out! It is ILLEGAL, in CA to modify ANYTHING. You cannot do brake swaps, you can not do intakes, you can not change exhausts, headers, intake manifolds, anything. It is ALL illegal here. So just because your car is LEGAL in GA, don't think you'd be some straight and narrow fucker over here, you'd be hunted like a pig just like everyone else here.

I believe PxR's post sums up everything else I wanted to say.