Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > Specific Topics > Off Topic Chat

Off Topic Chat All non related chat goes here.

Old 10-08-2009, 09:30 PM   #1
tricky_ab
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (23)
tricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud of
Feedback Score: 23 reviews
Exclamation Gun-toting Soccer Mom, Shot Dead by Husband

Gun-toting soccer mom, husband found shot dead - USATODAY.com

Quote:
Meleanie Hain wears a loaded Glock 26 to her 5-year-old daughter's soccer game in this 2008 photo taken at Optimist Park in Lebanon, Pa.
Quote:
LEBANON, Pa. (AP) — A soccer mom who gained national attention when she openly carried a loaded gun to her 5-year-old daughter's game was shot dead Wednesday along with her husband in what appeared to be a murder-suicide, police said.
Meleanie Hain and Scott Hain were pronounced dead Wednesday night at their home in Lebanon, about 80 miles west of Philadelphia.

According to the Lebanon Daily News, several neighbors said they witnessed the children, ages 2, 6 and 10, run from the house shouting, "Daddy shot Mommy!" shortly before 911 was called at 6:20 p.m.

Meleanie Hain made headlines after she attended a children's soccer game in a park on Sept. 11, 2008, with a handgun in plain view holstered on her hip, upsetting other parents.

The county sheriff, Michael DeLeo, revoked her gun-carrying permit nine days later.

Hain successfully appealed the permit revocation, although the judge who restored the permit questioned her judgment and said she had "scared the devil" out of other people at the game.

Hain sued DeLeo in federal court, alleging that he violated her constitutional rights and prosecuted her maliciously when he took the permit away. She said that because of his actions her baby-sitting service had suffered, her children had been harassed and she had been ostracized by her neighbors in Lebanon, which has about 25,000 residents.

DeLeo said at Hain's appeal that he revoked her permit after fielding the parents' complaints. He said he based his decision on a state law that prohibits certain gun permits from being given to anyone whose character and reputation make him or her a danger to public safety.

After Hain sued DeLeo, the Brady Center to Prevent Gun Violence, which says it tries to reform the gun industry through sensible regulations, offered to defend him for free.

"It is a case that calls out for common sense," Brady Center attorney Daniel Vice said then. "It's ridiculous to bring a gun to a child's soccer game."

A court hearing on Hain's $1 million lawsuit was postponed in May after an attorney in the case was involved in a traffic accident.

The Daily News reported that Meleanie Hain had operated a day-care center in her home. Her husband was a Berks County parole officer and a former prison guard.

Debbie Mise, who lives three doors away from the Hain house, told the Daily News she felt something bad would eventually happen at the Hain residence.

"She just wasn't right," Mise said of Meleanie Hain. "You don't bring a gun to a kids' soccer game, and you don't wear a gun when you go shopping at Kohl's."
I'm not sure what to think other than I wouldn't want my kids around someone carrying a gun (I don't have any kids just yet but still) ... and maybe she should have taken the other parents' and children into consideration.

It's fine and all to own guns imo, but is it really necessary to take it to your kids soccer game.

Also, suing for $1M because of your own actions is lulz.
tricky_ab is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 10-08-2009, 10:55 PM   #2
sleep
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (0)
sleep is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Send a message via AIM to sleep
it is a sad day for my home state........

Idiots are everywhere
sleep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2009, 11:23 PM   #3
HyperTek
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (3)
HyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
her husband did us all a favor, even tho i got this image that hes probably a lil sissy bitch and she probably wears the pants in the family, he probably got fed up with her bullshit and took her and himself out of pity lol
Old 10-08-2009, 11:26 PM   #4
Matej
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (39)
Matej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 39 reviews
She probably thought she was so cool.

Only people with guns get shot.
Matej is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2009, 12:17 AM   #5
ronmcdon
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (6)
ronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 6 reviews
There surely is something very wrong with that women.
As if it isn't already overkill to bring a gun to a soccer match,
you have to somehow choose to display it like some trophy.

And what the hell for?
So you can shoot some evil-doer hiding in the bushes, from attacking your kids at the soccer game?
How inconsiderate.
ronmcdon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2009, 12:21 AM   #6
mrmephistopheles
Magnanimous Justice Distribution Service

Trader Rating: (9)
mrmephistopheles has disabled reputation
Feedback Score: 9 reviews
While I have mixed feelings about her open-carrying to a soccer game/practice, it's clear that at least one of them let their emotions get the better of them. How stupid.
I'm glad the gene pool is now clear of them, but I feel bad for their kids.
This anomaly of 'stupid gun owner' will only lead to more retarded gun control legislation.
mrmephistopheles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2009, 12:48 AM   #7
GSXRJJordan
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (19)
GSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 19 reviews
Send a message via AIM to GSXRJJordan
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrmephistopheles View Post
While I have mixed feelings about her open-carrying to a soccer game/practice, it's clear that at least one of them let their emotions get the better of them. How stupid.
I'm glad the gene pool is now clear of them, but I feel bad for their kids.
This anomaly of 'stupid gun owner' will only lead to more retarded gun control legislation.
Agreed, agreed, and agreed. I hate it when stupid people make everyone who carries guns look bad.

Either way, sucks for the kids, but I'm glad they won't be having any more.

Jordan Innovations has a new web site!
www.JordanInnovations.com -- All your favorite FD Pro Drifters love it, trust me -- www.JordanInnovations.com
GSXRJJordan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2009, 12:52 AM   #8
sleep
Zilvia Addict

sleep is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to sleep
Quote:
More than likely.
sleep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2009, 09:07 AM   #9
Howard92884
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (1)
Howard92884 has a reputation beyond reputeHoward92884 has a reputation beyond reputeHoward92884 has a reputation beyond reputeHoward92884 has a reputation beyond reputeHoward92884 has a reputation beyond reputeHoward92884 has a reputation beyond reputeHoward92884 has a reputation beyond reputeHoward92884 has a reputation beyond reputeHoward92884 has a reputation beyond reputeHoward92884 has a reputation beyond reputeHoward92884 has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Send a message via Yahoo to Howard92884
Quote:
The truth, this man speaks it.
Howard92884 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2009, 09:39 AM   #10
JVD
Nissanaholic!

JVD is close to perfectionJVD is close to perfectionJVD is close to perfectionJVD is close to perfectionJVD is close to perfectionJVD is close to perfectionJVD is close to perfectionJVD is close to perfectionJVD is close to perfectionJVD is close to perfectionJVD is close to perfection
Darwinism at its finest.
JVD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2009, 09:50 AM   #11
FaLKoN240
Super Moderator

Trader Rating: (73)
FaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 73 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by JVD View Post
Darwinism at its finest.
Seriously, let them kill each other so the smarter people can prosper.

She probably thought the other parents would oggle her gun and be like, "Wow, what a nice piece! It really complements your figure."

Best way to do business with me? Make your best offer FIRST.
FaLKoN240 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2009, 09:55 AM   #12
murda-c
Post Whore!

murda-c is close to perfectionmurda-c is close to perfectionmurda-c is close to perfectionmurda-c is close to perfectionmurda-c is close to perfectionmurda-c is close to perfectionmurda-c is close to perfectionmurda-c is close to perfectionmurda-c is close to perfectionmurda-c is close to perfectionmurda-c is close to perfection
Send a message via AIM to murda-c Send a message via MSN to murda-c
I guarantee you her kid's team won though.
Old 10-09-2009, 10:24 AM   #13
xBlastoisex
Zilvia Member

xBlastoisex is an unknown quantity at this point
wow what a dumbass....
xBlastoisex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2009, 10:29 AM   #14
Taniguchi_Is_#1
Post Whore!

Taniguchi_Is_#1 is close to perfectionTaniguchi_Is_#1 is close to perfectionTaniguchi_Is_#1 is close to perfectionTaniguchi_Is_#1 is close to perfectionTaniguchi_Is_#1 is close to perfectionTaniguchi_Is_#1 is close to perfectionTaniguchi_Is_#1 is close to perfectionTaniguchi_Is_#1 is close to perfectionTaniguchi_Is_#1 is close to perfectionTaniguchi_Is_#1 is close to perfectionTaniguchi_Is_#1 is close to perfection
i want a glock 26. maybe i can buy hers at the estate sale?
Taniguchi_Is_#1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2009, 10:43 AM   #15
xBlastoisex
Zilvia Member

xBlastoisex is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taniguchi_Is_#1 View Post
i want a glock 26. maybe i can buy hers at the estate sale?
na get a springfield xd
xBlastoisex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2009, 11:06 AM   #16
zylvia213
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (36)
zylvia213 has a reputation beyond reputezylvia213 has a reputation beyond reputezylvia213 has a reputation beyond reputezylvia213 has a reputation beyond reputezylvia213 has a reputation beyond reputezylvia213 has a reputation beyond reputezylvia213 has a reputation beyond reputezylvia213 has a reputation beyond reputezylvia213 has a reputation beyond reputezylvia213 has a reputation beyond reputezylvia213 has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 36 reviews
Send a message via AIM to zylvia213
Quote:
Originally Posted by murda-c View Post

They still won even though they lost... lol
Old 10-09-2009, 11:23 AM   #17
tricky_ab
Post Whore!

tricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud of
Hopefully the kids find good foster parents. They will probably be better off now (at least the younger ones).
tricky_ab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2009, 11:32 AM   #18
dt-p88
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (5)
dt-p88 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 5 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by HyperTek View Post
her husband did us all a favor, even tho i got this image that hes probably a lil sissy bitch and she probably wears the pants in the family, he probably got fed up with her bullshit and took her and himself out of pity lol
i was thinking the same thing lol
dt-p88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2009, 11:52 AM   #19
jzepol1985
Zilvia Junkie

jzepol1985 is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by dt-p88 View Post
i was thinking the same thing lol
I second that
jzepol1985 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2009, 12:01 PM   #20
sidewaysil80
Nissanaholic!

sidewaysil80 is a name known to allsidewaysil80 is a name known to allsidewaysil80 is a name known to allsidewaysil80 is a name known to allsidewaysil80 is a name known to allsidewaysil80 is a name known to allsidewaysil80 is a name known to allsidewaysil80 is a name known to allsidewaysil80 is a name known to allsidewaysil80 is a name known to allsidewaysil80 is a name known to all
well if she was carrying concealed at the game i dont see the big deal...ESPECIALLY since she had a permit to do so...why the fuck would she open carry?! i carry EVERYWHERE i go...except bars/schools/churchs (were i cant carry by law regardless of permit). especiall considering it was 9/11 and was prob spooked about another attack. but fuck sucks for the kids
sidewaysil80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2009, 12:47 PM   #21
ryguy
Zilvia FREAK!

ryguy is close to perfectionryguy is close to perfectionryguy is close to perfectionryguy is close to perfectionryguy is close to perfectionryguy is close to perfectionryguy is close to perfectionryguy is close to perfectionryguy is close to perfectionryguy is close to perfectionryguy is close to perfection
Quote:
Originally Posted by jzepol1985 View Post
I second that
x3. Just look at her. She obviously was starving for attention and probably never shut up about it.

ryguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2009, 03:07 PM   #22
ixfxi
Post Whore!

ixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfection
I dont own a gun.

I've never needed a gun.

Why does this fat-arm'ed woman go to a soccer game armed with a pistol?

For the first time in my life, and I cant believe I am saying this....

....but I'm actually glad to be from LA.
ixfxi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2009, 03:22 PM   #23
GSXRJJordan
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (19)
GSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 19 reviews
Send a message via AIM to GSXRJJordan
Quote:
Originally Posted by xBlastoisex View Post
na get a springfield xd
I've owned one, and a buddy of mine owned two, and we both had tons of problems with jams. We tried cleaning it after every shoot, cleaning after every few shoots, and not cleaning it for 1000 rounds or so, and we'd still get jams every two or three clips - sometimes more than one jam in a clip!

This was with reloaded ammo, so it's possible they're just really picky on brass, but not likely.

Anyway, I love how they feel and shoot for a mid-frame .40 or .45, but I prefer my trusty S&W Sigma for CC (little smaller, never has jammed, and no externals safeties).

Jordan Innovations has a new web site!
www.JordanInnovations.com -- All your favorite FD Pro Drifters love it, trust me -- www.JordanInnovations.com
GSXRJJordan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2009, 03:28 PM   #24
sevenstar
BANNED

sevenstar is an unknown quantity at this point
that lady is soo ugly, did she really need a gun to scare people?
sevenstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2009, 03:31 PM   #25
SUPERSTAR
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (18)
SUPERSTAR is close to perfectionSUPERSTAR is close to perfectionSUPERSTAR is close to perfectionSUPERSTAR is close to perfectionSUPERSTAR is close to perfectionSUPERSTAR is close to perfectionSUPERSTAR is close to perfectionSUPERSTAR is close to perfectionSUPERSTAR is close to perfectionSUPERSTAR is close to perfectionSUPERSTAR is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 18 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by ixfxi View Post

Why does this fat-arm'ed woman go to a soccer game armed with a pistol?
nO shit, she was already heavly armed with out the gun.
Old 10-09-2009, 03:40 PM   #26
SexPanda
Post Whore!

SexPanda is close to perfectionSexPanda is close to perfectionSexPanda is close to perfectionSexPanda is close to perfectionSexPanda is close to perfectionSexPanda is close to perfectionSexPanda is close to perfectionSexPanda is close to perfectionSexPanda is close to perfectionSexPanda is close to perfectionSexPanda is close to perfection
Send a message via AIM to SexPanda Send a message via MSN to SexPanda
wow thats fucked up.

EVERYTHING about that is fucked up. Fat chicks with guns, murder suicide, million dollar law suit.

At least it'll save the department some money to deal with other idiots.
SexPanda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2009, 05:03 PM   #27
Daniel.
Post Whore!

Daniel. is close to perfectionDaniel. is close to perfectionDaniel. is close to perfectionDaniel. is close to perfectionDaniel. is close to perfectionDaniel. is close to perfectionDaniel. is close to perfectionDaniel. is close to perfectionDaniel. is close to perfectionDaniel. is close to perfectionDaniel. is close to perfection
Send a message via AIM to Daniel.
Quote:
Originally Posted by DTC SUPERSTAR View Post
nO shit, she was already heavily armed with out the gun.
How ironic.

I'm sorry I just had to.
Old 10-09-2009, 05:13 PM   #28
zenki.life
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (27)
zenki.life is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 27 reviews
Send a message via AIM to zenki.life
Quote:
Originally Posted by murda-c View Post
haha. good one.

Quote:
Originally Posted by super240s14 View Post
man you all are ass holes...... and that is rude to talk like that on zilvia im reporting all you...... ZILVIA ADMINISTRATION PLEASE BANNED ALL THREE OF THESE DUDES
^^another person learns the perils of "stupid posting" on zilvia, too bad none will care.
zenki.life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2009, 05:25 PM   #29
Sleepy240
Zilvia Addict

Sleepy240 is an unknown quantity at this point
I think its funny that people think that this is "darwinism" or something of the like. The woman did not do anything to deserve being murdered... She did not shoot anybody, or for that matter HARM anybody. She was murdered in cold blood for no apparent reason.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sidewaysil80
well if she was carrying concealed at the game i dont see the big deal...ESPECIALLY since she had a permit to do so...why the fuck would she open carry?! i carry EVERYWHERE i go...especiall considering it was 9/11 and was prob spooked about another attack. but fuck sucks for the kids
I don't know her reasoning for carrying her pistol in the open but you carry "EVERYWHERE" you go, so obviously you understand the protection a weapon of this magnitude provides. For all you know she was beaten, mugged and left for dead, and thats her reasoning for carrying. If it were me somebody openly carrying would instantly deter me. What do the kids have to do with anything? Most kids have already been exposed to weapons in both video games, TV, Movies, the Internet, and the News. As long as the parents take proper care of the weapon and keep it out of the POSSESION of the minors whats the big deal?
Old 10-09-2009, 05:35 PM   #30
sidewaysil80
Nissanaholic!

sidewaysil80 is a name known to allsidewaysil80 is a name known to allsidewaysil80 is a name known to allsidewaysil80 is a name known to allsidewaysil80 is a name known to allsidewaysil80 is a name known to allsidewaysil80 is a name known to allsidewaysil80 is a name known to allsidewaysil80 is a name known to allsidewaysil80 is a name known to allsidewaysil80 is a name known to all
Quote:
Originally Posted by sleepy240 View Post
for all you know she was beaten, mugged and left for dead, and thats her reasoning for carrying...what do the kids have to do with anything? As long as the parents take proper care of the weapon and keep it out of the possesion of the minors whats the big deal?
agree 100%
sidewaysil80 is offline   Reply With Quote