Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > Specific Topics > Off Topic Chat

Off Topic Chat All non related chat goes here.

Old 08-25-2009, 10:19 AM   #91
240sxxs
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (0)
240sxxs is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
go and find mr drift king and shake his hand as long as u can..
Old 08-25-2009, 10:37 AM   #92
slider2828
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (13)
slider2828 is close to perfectionslider2828 is close to perfectionslider2828 is close to perfectionslider2828 is close to perfectionslider2828 is close to perfectionslider2828 is close to perfectionslider2828 is close to perfectionslider2828 is close to perfectionslider2828 is close to perfectionslider2828 is close to perfectionslider2828 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 13 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by ellisonrox View Post
where is upgarage at? i'm going to mt. fuji tomorrow but headed to tokyo soon. is there one in tokyo?
Upgarage... not really near tokyo at all... there is one about 1 hour away by train in the suburbs of tokyo, but nothing in it really. Tokyo is not really a city per se, its an area, so depends where you going to be in Tokyo. You might as well go to Shinonome where the largest Super Autobacs is.... Shinonome is right next to Odaiba station, takes about 40 mins from Ebisu or Shinjuku....
Old 08-25-2009, 10:40 AM   #93
supad0rk
Zilvia Member

supad0rk is a splendid one to beholdsupad0rk is a splendid one to beholdsupad0rk is a splendid one to beholdsupad0rk is a splendid one to beholdsupad0rk is a splendid one to beholdsupad0rk is a splendid one to beholdsupad0rk is a splendid one to beholdsupad0rk is a splendid one to beholdsupad0rk is a splendid one to beholdsupad0rk is a splendid one to beholdsupad0rk is a splendid one to behold
Send a message via AIM to supad0rk Send a message via MSN to supad0rk
Get a scooter, some decent clothes, ride past the beach and pick up some hookers... er nice girls
supad0rk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2009, 11:39 AM   #94
BoostSlideWayz
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (1)
BoostSlideWayz is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Send a message via AIM to BoostSlideWayz Send a message via Yahoo to BoostSlideWayz
deng luckyyyy i was planning on going this october for 2 months for language class.. but i wanna use the money to finish the car... im still not sure what to do.. but lemme know what its like.. ive never even left the us. good luck! im sure itll be fun
Old 08-25-2009, 05:04 PM   #95
Touge Noob S13
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (23)
Touge Noob S13 is making a name for him/her selfTouge Noob S13 is making a name for him/her self
Feedback Score: 23 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by DALAZ_68 View Post
i wonder how they feel about fat mexican's in Japan ?
"WTF?" thats what they will probrobly think. I doubt any of them have ever seen a Mexican.
Touge Noob S13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2009, 05:52 PM   #96
shinmei-2006
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (3)
shinmei-2006 has a little shameless behavior in the past
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
...ROR...

going back to japan for a month in december...any of you gonna be there? PM me if you wanna hang out.
shinmei-2006 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2009, 05:58 PM   #97
g-via
Zilvia FREAK!

g-via is a glorious beacon of lightg-via is a glorious beacon of lightg-via is a glorious beacon of lightg-via is a glorious beacon of lightg-via is a glorious beacon of lightg-via is a glorious beacon of lightg-via is a glorious beacon of lightg-via is a glorious beacon of lightg-via is a glorious beacon of lightg-via is a glorious beacon of lightg-via is a glorious beacon of light
step 1: buy flamboyant japanese clothing

step 2: go to night clubs

step 3: take home as many japanese girls fit in a cab

step 4: profit????
Old 08-25-2009, 06:44 PM   #98
AZRB20
Leaky Injector

Trader Rating: (1)
AZRB20 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by g-via View Post
step 1: buy flamboyant japanese clothing

step 2: go to night clubs

step 3: take home as many japanese girls fit in a cab

step 4: profit????

Best advice ever! Fuck I want to go to japan.
AZRB20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2009, 08:16 PM   #99
ZX88
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (8)
ZX88 has much to be proud ofZX88 has much to be proud ofZX88 has much to be proud ofZX88 has much to be proud ofZX88 has much to be proud ofZX88 has much to be proud ofZX88 has much to be proud ofZX88 has much to be proud ofZX88 has much to be proud ofZX88 has much to be proud ofZX88 has much to be proud of
Feedback Score: 8 reviews
step 4 profit........ what do you mean by that lol
ZX88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2009, 08:21 PM   #100
Dousan_PG
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (23)
Dousan_PG is close to perfectionDousan_PG is close to perfectionDousan_PG is close to perfectionDousan_PG is close to perfectionDousan_PG is close to perfectionDousan_PG is close to perfectionDousan_PG is close to perfectionDousan_PG is close to perfectionDousan_PG is close to perfectionDousan_PG is close to perfectionDousan_PG is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 23 reviews
japan is cheap for travel
i got a ticket 720 round trip for a 2 week stay in japan w/ friends and yeah.
720 isnt bad. taking singapore air. shouldhave hot stewardesses im told?? hmmm

anywyas.
720 aint shit for plane tickets
HK is like 9something
Dousan_PG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2009, 08:33 PM   #101
DALAZ_68
not giving a fuck

Trader Rating: (104)
DALAZ_68 is close to perfectionDALAZ_68 is close to perfectionDALAZ_68 is close to perfectionDALAZ_68 is close to perfectionDALAZ_68 is close to perfectionDALAZ_68 is close to perfectionDALAZ_68 is close to perfectionDALAZ_68 is close to perfectionDALAZ_68 is close to perfectionDALAZ_68 is close to perfectionDALAZ_68 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 104 reviews
Send a message via AIM to DALAZ_68 Send a message via Yahoo to DALAZ_68
zilvian japan trip 2010 what!?

CLUB LEXUS : Wh0pp3r
DALAZ_68 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2009, 08:37 PM   #102
udon!
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (5)
udon! is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 5 reviews
^ rery......
udon! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2009, 07:20 AM   #103
ellisonrox
Zilvia Junkie

ellisonrox has a reputation beyond reputeellisonrox has a reputation beyond reputeellisonrox has a reputation beyond reputeellisonrox has a reputation beyond reputeellisonrox has a reputation beyond reputeellisonrox has a reputation beyond reputeellisonrox has a reputation beyond reputeellisonrox has a reputation beyond reputeellisonrox has a reputation beyond reputeellisonrox has a reputation beyond reputeellisonrox has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by slider2828 View Post
Upgarage... not really near tokyo at all... there is one about 1 hour away by train in the suburbs of tokyo, but nothing in it really. Tokyo is not really a city per se, its an area, so depends where you going to be in Tokyo. You might as well go to Shinonome where the largest Super Autobacs is.... Shinonome is right next to Odaiba station, takes about 40 mins from Ebisu or Shinjuku....
ahh ok good advice. any other suggestions? +imaginary rep for you

i visited the toyota automobile museum today and that was pretty cool
lots of old classics
ellisonrox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2009, 10:00 AM   #104
slider2828
Post Whore!

slider2828 is close to perfectionslider2828 is close to perfectionslider2828 is close to perfectionslider2828 is close to perfectionslider2828 is close to perfectionslider2828 is close to perfectionslider2828 is close to perfectionslider2828 is close to perfectionslider2828 is close to perfectionslider2828 is close to perfectionslider2828 is close to perfection
Dude that is in odaiba, super autobacs is a stone throws away.... Try to hook up with Grant aka yokota13... See if he will take you out the daifuto... Otherwise travel out to Chiba, where basically all the car places are... In general, there aren't many car shops out there in tokyo. You have a better chance in Osaka to find some car places....

Take pics at Shinonome Autobacs, always cool cars and scoots out there.
Old 08-26-2009, 05:03 PM   #105
shinmei-2006
Zilvia Junkie

shinmei-2006 has a little shameless behavior in the past
^ my girlfriend is from chiba...gonna be hitting up the local garages lol.

yea, singapore air has HOTTTT bitches im told. but yea dude, you are in cali of course tickets are cheap, when you are out here in "BFE" (as some *SNIP* call it) ticket prices rack up, fortunately i ordered my ticket 2 weeks ago, $990 for All Nippon Airways round trip from "flo-da" ...JDM BITCHES!...tickets in december/january can go up to 2500-3000 roundtrip...ROR

ive only flown JAL before so i hope the stewardesses are just as nice.
shinmei-2006 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2009, 05:50 PM   #106
ronmcdon
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (6)
ronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 6 reviews
Good grief, RT air-fare from Florida to Narita is almost a grand now?!
Few years ago, it was around 600 RT from a west coast hub like LAX (los angeles).

Singapore Air is my fav airline.
The air is filtered very well, great entertainment unit, good seats, spacious for economy, decent food, etc.
I almost prefer flying economy on Singapore, than business on a mediocre airline like United or Cathay.

JAL is decent, maybe a little better than United, but nothing exceptional.
ronmcdon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2009, 05:50 PM   #107
SC_S13
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (15)
SC_S13 is a name known to allSC_S13 is a name known to allSC_S13 is a name known to allSC_S13 is a name known to allSC_S13 is a name known to allSC_S13 is a name known to allSC_S13 is a name known to allSC_S13 is a name known to allSC_S13 is a name known to allSC_S13 is a name known to allSC_S13 is a name known to all
Feedback Score: 15 reviews
definitely going there for a semester of school either later this year or next. going to be GREAT! Zilvia 2010 trip would be legit haha
Old 08-27-2009, 08:28 PM   #108
A31CEFIRO
Zilvia Member

A31CEFIRO is an unknown quantity at this point
hit me up when you guys come out here and i could show you around. I also do alot of track days if someone wants to go.

team SHAKE IT!!
A31CEFIRO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2009, 09:10 AM   #109
ellisonrox
Zilvia Junkie

ellisonrox has a reputation beyond reputeellisonrox has a reputation beyond reputeellisonrox has a reputation beyond reputeellisonrox has a reputation beyond reputeellisonrox has a reputation beyond reputeellisonrox has a reputation beyond reputeellisonrox has a reputation beyond reputeellisonrox has a reputation beyond reputeellisonrox has a reputation beyond reputeellisonrox has a reputation beyond reputeellisonrox has a reputation beyond repute
ahh i hit up an upgarage in shizoka but it was pretty small

i was THIS close to buying a zeta II but it was reserved already. FFFFFFFFFFUUUUUUUUUUUUUU

i did pick up one of the old school s13 nismo strut bars to resell once i get back home though? anyone interested?? LOL
ellisonrox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2009, 09:20 AM   #110
slider2828
Post Whore!

Shizoka is like pretty small in general lol. Should have ventured out into Osaka which is not too far, which has probably the biggest UpGarage if not one of the biggest. Osaka is car city, most cars either come out of TKO or Osaka, but mainly Osaka that makes it state side. There are like 4 huge auction houses for cars in Kobe for used cars. I mean cars are dirt cheap in auctions, but licensing is what gets you.

JAL has gone down HORRIBLEY since UA took them over.... FAWK..... You know what is really good surprising NORTHWEST Airlines.... I flew with them like 5 or 6 years ago, but vowed never to go back, I think the were picked up by some other company and it was super nice and super cheap. Was hella chatting it up with the stewardess cause I was hella bored and they were too and the plan was brand spanking new. It was cool.... But... the only gripe!! Better videogames please... God! Virgin America has Doom on it!!!!
Old 08-28-2009, 10:47 AM   #111
Rusker
Zilvia Junkie

Rusker is on a distinguished road
Just found out my job is sending me to Japan in October.

I'm going to be in Fukuoka for a few days but I'll spend the rest of the time in Tokyo before I have to head back.

I'm planning to get a railpass and take the train to and from Fukuoka instead of jumping on another flight. I figure this way I could check something out along the way.

Anyone ever travel around Japan with a railpass? First time in Japan so it's overwhelming to figure out what to do with my time while I'm there.
Old 08-28-2009, 10:49 AM   #112
Rusker
Zilvia Junkie

Quote:
Originally Posted by A31CEFIRO View Post
hit me up when you guys come out here and i could show you around. I also do alot of track days if someone wants to go.
Any track days in mid October?
Old 08-28-2009, 10:57 AM   #113
zorak
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (4)
zorak is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 4 reviews
Send a message via AIM to zorak
3UP

Get a car, hit up as many tracks as you can.
zorak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2009, 08:17 PM   #114
Silverstreek
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (4)
Silverstreek is just really niceSilverstreek is just really niceSilverstreek is just really niceSilverstreek is just really niceSilverstreek is just really niceSilverstreek is just really niceSilverstreek is just really niceSilverstreek is just really niceSilverstreek is just really niceSilverstreek is just really nice
Feedback Score: 4 reviews
i'm stationed in korea right now and i'm planning to go to the TAS in January for my mid tour and do other random sight seeing, visiting shops, shopping, eating, ect. so i'll for sure watch this thread for ideas and such.
i'd really like to catch an msc drift event while i'm there, but don't think that will happen, think it's over in november. oh well...
Old 08-31-2009, 06:56 PM   #115
A31CEFIRO
Zilvia Member

A31CEFIRO is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rusker View Post
Any track days in mid October?
I think we are looking at going to Mobara or Ebisu in Oct. But there is always other options like some street stuff if you want to go.

team SHAKE IT!!
A31CEFIRO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2009, 09:48 AM   #116
slider2828
Post Whore!

Quote:

I'm going to be in Fukuoka for a few days but I'll spend the rest of the time in Tokyo before I have to head back.

I'm planning to get a railpass and take the train to and from Fukuoka instead of jumping on another flight. I figure this way I could check something out along the way.

Anyone ever travel around Japan with a railpass? First time in Japan so it's overwhelming to figure out what to do with my time while I'm there.
Rail passes are kewl, just gotta make sure which one it qualifies for. Nozomi I think is the express for bullet trains and there is a slightly slower one. Double check on which rail pass you will get so don't get on the wrong train. Fukuoka is way south, so best bet and the most fun, OSAKA!!! A lot of car shops there, Upgarages, Kobe is cool too... Kyoto always good and all in that general area. Tokyo is far up there, so think about spending a weekend there....
Old 09-01-2009, 10:03 AM   #117
Taniguchi_Is_#1
Post Whore!

Taniguchi_Is_#1 is close to perfectionTaniguchi_Is_#1 is close to perfectionTaniguchi_Is_#1 is close to perfectionTaniguchi_Is_#1 is close to perfectionTaniguchi_Is_#1 is close to perfectionTaniguchi_Is_#1 is close to perfectionTaniguchi_Is_#1 is close to perfectionTaniguchi_Is_#1 is close to perfectionTaniguchi_Is_#1 is close to perfectionTaniguchi_Is_#1 is close to perfectionTaniguchi_Is_#1 is close to perfection
Quote:

don't forget that the uras shop is in fukuoka. monkey magic!
Taniguchi_Is_#1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2009, 11:07 AM   #118
Rusker
Zilvia Junkie

Quote:
Originally Posted by A31CEFIRO View Post
I think we are looking at going to Mobara or Ebisu in Oct. But there is always other options like some street stuff if you want to go.

You are outside Tokyo? What events are going on at Mobara or Ebisu in Oct? Track days?
Old 09-01-2009, 11:18 AM   #119
Rusker
Zilvia Junkie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taniguchi_Is_#1 View Post
don't forget that the uras shop is in fukuoka. monkey magic!
You're right! I just assumed nothing was out there.

Have an address? I can seem to find one on their website. Anyone been there?
Old 09-01-2009, 11:37 AM   #120
Rusker
Zilvia Junkie

Quote:
Originally Posted by slider2828 View Post
Rail passes are kewl, just gotta make sure which one it qualifies for. Nozomi I think is the express for bullet trains and there is a slightly slower one. Double check on which rail pass you will get so don't get on the wrong train. Fukuoka is way south, so best bet and the most fun, OSAKA!!! A lot of car shops there, Upgarages, Kobe is cool too... Kyoto always good and all in that general area. Tokyo is far up there, so think about spending a weekend there....
I'll have to check out the rail pass again but I don't think it lets me on the fastest train, but the next step down.

They suggested I not take the train but take a short flight from Tokyo because it's faster. Fuck that.. I'd rather see more of Japan while I'm there. taking another flight is the last thing I'd want to do after being on an airplane for 11+ hrs.

Although last year I flew from London to LA on a 777 and it was hands down the best flight ever.