Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Chat > Builds (and builds only)

Builds (and builds only) Got a build thread? It goes here, build threads anywhere else on the forum will be locked and never moved.

Old 05-31-2021, 06:41 PM   #1
Heathen_S13

Trader Rating: (0)
Heathen_S13 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
An old and forgotten shell brought back to life

Hopefully I am posting this in the right place..

Well, here is the start to my thread.

I found a 1989 s13 shell that hasn't been on the road since 2005-2006. It didn't have a motor or trans and aside from the stupid hood it's all stock. The first 2 pictures are from the day I pulled it out of the field, I had to put the 2 back wheels on because the original wheels were missing.

3rd picture is of my original build, a 91 s13 with an RB25DET swap and lots more goodies. That was my donor car for this. It was wide bodied and I did some other stuff to it over the 9 years I have owned it but wanted to go back to a stock body and do a few things differently. That car now belongs to my buddy and will probably get a thread started later.

The rest of the pictures so far are of the motor sitting in the new chassis, 5 lug swap being installed as well as the z32 brakes with a hydro set up and a new hood with a bumper. I don't have a whole lot to say at this moment. I do plan to keep this thread updated regularly so if anyone wants to stay updated feel free to follow. Hoping to drive this in the next few months, we will see how it goes.

Sent from my SM-A716U using Tapatalk
Heathen_S13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 06-06-2021, 11:03 PM   #2
Heathen_S13

Today was cleaning day. I wanted to spend most of the day getting some of the smaller stuff done so I wouldn't have to worry about it later. I did spend a little more time than I planned on cleaning but still happy with the progress of today.

The first photo is of my dirty engine bay. I took the exhaust manifold off because some of the studs have broken and will be fixing those later.

Second photo is after I spent some time cleaning. Not perfect but better than before.

Third photo is the inside, obviously.. I removed what was left of the carpet. Most of it was cut out already and what was still there was stained with what I assume is from prom night. I also removed the automatic seat belts, I have some new ones I'm going to install later on after cleaning them. To my knowledge these did still work, but I've never liked them so I'm going with some belts out of a sentra instead.

Fourth photo was taken after I installed my C's short throw shifter. Took me forever to find one and I finally managed to score one.

Fifth photo is how she sat the first night home.

Last photo is what she looks like as she sits tonight. Hood was taken off again so I can work in the bay with out issues. Windows have all been cleaned, inside has been throughly vacuumed.

That's all for tonight. Nothing super crazy today, bigger things are around the corner. I've learned alot with these cars and about myself over the years and am trying not to rush things.

Old 06-09-2021, 11:24 PM   #3
Heathen_S13

Got the battery relocated to rear, this is kinda a temporary set-up. Mainly wanted to test a few things to make sure stuff worked.. there was a few systems that didn't seem to work, haven't looked super heavily into it as to why just yet. For this thing sitting for as long as it has, I'm very glad most of the electrical works.

The door controls didn't do anything.

the headlights pop up but don't go down.

Pretty much all the lights that are connected turned on.

blinkers didn't seem to work but the hazards did function.

Wipers didn't operate.

Gauge cluster and all the inside lights illuminated.

Fuel pump didn't turn on, which I didn't expect it to function honestly.

We also bled the brakes and cleaned out the system, none of them are leaking and hold pressure fantastically. The fluid was completely black.

Did the same thing to the clutch so now both of those systems are fully functional.

I thought I took some pics but i guess I didn't think time.. If anyone has any ideas about the electrical stuff, I would kindly appreciate advice.

Old 08-10-2021, 05:20 PM   #4
miswuevos
Leaky Injector

Trader Rating: (4)
miswuevos is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 4 reviews
Nice, the office here has been super slow so I decided to follow the many builds people on here have posted. Can't wait to see the outcome on your hatch.

I am sure there are many knowledgeable people on here that can guide you for the electrical stuff. But maybe you can spend some money on redoing your chassis harness and simplifying it.
miswuevos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2021, 07:48 AM   #5
ingmar F
Zilvia Member

ingmar F is a jewel in the roughingmar F is a jewel in the roughingmar F is a jewel in the roughingmar F is a jewel in the roughingmar F is a jewel in the roughingmar F is a jewel in the roughingmar F is a jewel in the rough
cool car! may i ask what wheels you got?
ingmar F is offline   Reply With Quote