Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > Specific Topics > Off Topic Chat

Off Topic Chat All non related chat goes here.

Closed Thread

Old 06-29-2011, 11:59 AM   #31
curbhuggerrps13
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (1)
curbhuggerrps13 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Send a message via AIM to curbhuggerrps13
There is always a chance if a bad batch that goes out. I'm pretty sure you know of a few things authentic or not that broke.like my damn ps3
Sponsored Links
Old 06-29-2011, 12:05 PM   #32
josephin510
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (0)
josephin510 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
I should of saved my Horror pics from my rotas. Hit a pothole at normal freeway speed at lost a spoke.
Old 06-29-2011, 12:17 PM   #33
Mikey213
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (-1)
Mikey213 is just really niceMikey213 is just really niceMikey213 is just really niceMikey213 is just really niceMikey213 is just really niceMikey213 is just really niceMikey213 is just really niceMikey213 is just really niceMikey213 is just really nice
Feedback Score: -1 reviews
wow, how much do Varrstoen wheels run? What are they made out of?
Old 06-29-2011, 12:24 PM   #34
DJDANGER24
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (10)
DJDANGER24 has a reputation beyond reputeDJDANGER24 has a reputation beyond reputeDJDANGER24 has a reputation beyond reputeDJDANGER24 has a reputation beyond reputeDJDANGER24 has a reputation beyond reputeDJDANGER24 has a reputation beyond reputeDJDANGER24 has a reputation beyond reputeDJDANGER24 has a reputation beyond reputeDJDANGER24 has a reputation beyond reputeDJDANGER24 has a reputation beyond reputeDJDANGER24 has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 10 reviews
Send a message via AIM to DJDANGER24 Send a message via MSN to DJDANGER24 Send a message via Yahoo to DJDANGER24
Quote:
Originally Posted by whiterps13 View Post
What a stupid fucking thread. How do you know he was going 25 mph? How do you know how big the pothole was?

Here is a picture of a broken Enkei RPF1. Does that mean that Enkeis suck? Does that mean that every RPF1 is going to split from the barrell?

No, because the wheel took a hard impact. Any wheel that takes a hard impact could break, bend, crack, etc. Posting up some picture that some dude posted on the internet with some story and automatically going after the "fake" wheels is so stupid. He could replace that street-driven wheel with a whole SET of "fake" wheels for the price of ONE "real" wheel that might have cracked/bent/broken under the same hard impact.

Yes, Im biased because I own a set of FAKE Rotas. I dont give a shit because theyre stupid cheap, fit great for 4 lug, and are virtually dispensable street wheels for the price. If I was building a crazy track car with an unlimited budget obviously they wouldnt be my first choice. But Im not.
Are you REALLY comparing a fuckin race car to a street car? Come on dude, your comparison is irrelevant to the original post.
Old 06-29-2011, 12:30 PM   #35
nismolvr
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (3)
nismolvr is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
s13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silvette View Post
They are trying to cover this up as quick as possible. A new set of rims were already give to the owner. Hey, I mean if I owned a company that made $$$$ off of ripping someone's else hard work and sold it for more than half off. If this happened I would provide the best customer service possible and replace the rim.
I dont blame the company at all They offer an alternative to more expensive wheels. I look at it like this . We all like the finer better made more expensive products in life.They are better products .Some just like having more expensive shit for the sheer Bragging rights. Some of us have Crystal Champagne taste but in reality can only afford Budweiser, lol. This company offers an alternative (Budweiser ). Its not the best , better made wheel than the Original BBS , but it still provides same function. Not at the same standards, but still does the same thing none the less.You Still gets you buzzed sort of speak. I know its a bad analogy. We can have the same argument about every kind of consumer products.There is just diferent standards. Thats all I got to say about that.

As far as Stealing ,taking sales away from Original Designers , How? People clearly know these are not original BBS . If you had BBS money would you buy the fake or real? You wouldnt even consider these.If they sold them as such (real), thats copy right theft.

Back to the Original Complaintant , the guy owns an BMW M3. This guy Clearly has Champagne taste , But for whatever reasons purchased Budweiser wheels. Hell Im not bashing him for doing it. But most people would, for the fact that he can afford a real M3 and cant afford real BBSs.

I think the guy was at fault . No way he busted that wheel @ 25MPH. One last thing , he stated that the second pot hole was 2 feet wide . Its his fault again ,cause he wasnt paying attention. @ 25 MPH I highly doubt it .

I wish I could get my parts replaced for free .Everytime I was negligent and at fault.

Last edited by nismolvr; 06-29-2011 at 01:25 PM..
Old 06-29-2011, 12:31 PM   #36
DJDANGER24
Nissanaholic!

DJDANGER24 has a reputation beyond reputeDJDANGER24 has a reputation beyond reputeDJDANGER24 has a reputation beyond reputeDJDANGER24 has a reputation beyond reputeDJDANGER24 has a reputation beyond reputeDJDANGER24 has a reputation beyond reputeDJDANGER24 has a reputation beyond reputeDJDANGER24 has a reputation beyond reputeDJDANGER24 has a reputation beyond reputeDJDANGER24 has a reputation beyond reputeDJDANGER24 has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to DJDANGER24 Send a message via MSN to DJDANGER24 Send a message via Yahoo to DJDANGER24
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tantwoforty View Post
and they're not super dirt cheap.. ~ $1000 new
$1000 for a set of 4 NEW wheels is cheap, i dunno where you buy your wheels at.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tantwoforty View Post
just sayn.. would work or volk or bbs give you a new set of wheels because YOU cracked one?
Other than a racetrack or car event, have you ever seen a work, bbs, volk or other genuine wheel crack the way the original wheel in question cracked?
Old 06-29-2011, 12:33 PM   #37
sidewaysil80
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (23)
sidewaysil80 is a name known to allsidewaysil80 is a name known to allsidewaysil80 is a name known to allsidewaysil80 is a name known to allsidewaysil80 is a name known to allsidewaysil80 is a name known to allsidewaysil80 is a name known to allsidewaysil80 is a name known to allsidewaysil80 is a name known to allsidewaysil80 is a name known to allsidewaysil80 is a name known to all
Feedback Score: 23 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by DJDANGER24 View Post
Other than a racetrack or car event, have you ever seen a work, bbs, volk or other genuine wheel crack the way the original wheel in question cracked?
yes, like i mentioned earlier.... work cr-kai. was destroyed by an i-95 pothole.
Old 06-29-2011, 12:33 PM   #38
DJDANGER24
Nissanaholic!

Quote:
Originally Posted by nismolvr View Post
We all like the finer better made more expensive products in life.They are better products .Some just like having more expensive shit for the sheer Bragging rights. Some of us have Crystal Champagne taste but in reality can only afford Budweiser, lol. This company offers an alternative (Budweiser ).
Haha i love this analogy, very well put my friend
Old 06-29-2011, 12:35 PM   #39
DJDANGER24
Nissanaholic!

Quote:
Originally Posted by sidewaysil80 View Post
yes, like i mentioned earlier.... work cr-kai. was destroyed by an i-95 pothole.
Touche, well that sucks. post some pics, i wanna see that damage. not calling you a liar, by any means. Im just curious to see at what speed and what damage was done.
Old 06-29-2011, 12:36 PM   #40
Silvette
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (5)
Silvette is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 5 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by DJDANGER24 View Post
$1000 for a set of 4 NEW wheels is cheap, i dunno where you buy your wheels at.

Yea 1k for a set of replica is pretty cheap in 18s or 19s

have not yet seen one that broke into two pieces lol
Old 06-29-2011, 12:36 PM   #41
jamg
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (7)
jamg is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 7 reviews
you can't throw out the chance that he did break the wheel @ 25mph

lets consider the fact that that particular wheel may have been a faulty wheel.

some where in the factors of production, something went wrong.

maybe air bubbles got in it causing it to be able handle must less stress than it should.
Old 06-29-2011, 12:46 PM   #42
nismolvr
Zilvia Junkie

nismolvr is an unknown quantity at this point
s13

Quote:
Originally Posted by roboticnissan View Post
Fact: real wheels are stronger than replicas

Fact: if you hit something stationary and solid like a curb, real or fake, your gonna replace your wheel.
well said ,my friend
Old 06-29-2011, 01:16 PM   #43
SK91
Leaky Injector

SK91 is an unknown quantity at this point
Its not like these wheels are made of paper or something

Doesn't rota make OEM wheels too?
Old 06-29-2011, 01:28 PM   #44
Freddy
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (2)
Freddy is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
I've always wondered this, with bbs and work VS-XX who copied who? are they considered knock off?
Old 06-29-2011, 01:29 PM   #45
ayuaddict
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (9)
ayuaddict is close to perfectionayuaddict is close to perfectionayuaddict is close to perfectionayuaddict is close to perfectionayuaddict is close to perfectionayuaddict is close to perfectionayuaddict is close to perfectionayuaddict is close to perfectionayuaddict is close to perfectionayuaddict is close to perfectionayuaddict is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 9 reviews
Send a message via AIM to ayuaddict
Quote:
Originally Posted by SK91 View Post

For what manufacturer?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freddy View Post
I've always wondered this, with bbs and work VS-XX who copied who? are they considered knock off?
They are not the same design, I suppose they are close but nobody would mistake one for the other.

Like a banana and a cucumber.
Old 06-29-2011, 01:35 PM   #46
Highway Riding
Zilvia Addict

Highway Riding is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:

yes but usually OEM wheels will have a much meatier tire than guys running 35's or 30's like the OP. This is on every forum lolololololololololololololol
Old 06-29-2011, 01:40 PM   #47
Freddy
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (2)
Freddy is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
I dont know when I look at the bbs lm

BBS LM Bright Sil w/Mach Lip

Work VS-xx:

They look the exact same to me.
Old 06-29-2011, 01:42 PM   #48
xpertsnowcarver
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (44)
xpertsnowcarver has much to be proud ofxpertsnowcarver has much to be proud ofxpertsnowcarver has much to be proud ofxpertsnowcarver has much to be proud ofxpertsnowcarver has much to be proud ofxpertsnowcarver has much to be proud ofxpertsnowcarver has much to be proud ofxpertsnowcarver has much to be proud ofxpertsnowcarver has much to be proud ofxpertsnowcarver has much to be proud ofxpertsnowcarver has much to be proud of
Feedback Score: 44 reviews
You guys might want to alter you're thinking a bit...

Beyond me why some of you use lightweight (sometimes) racing wheels on the street in the first place. They are light because they ARE NOT MADE to handle potholes at any speed (Okay... Maybe 5 mph.. But after that, something is going to get hurt. Wheel, suspension...) That's why they are so light...

If you're that bent (pun??) on getting flashy lightweight baller looking wheels on your hooptie but would cry yourself to sleep because you're afraid to damage your pretty looking wheels, then fuck it... Buy you're fake wheels... A pothole will damage a lightweight wheel regardless if its real or fake... Don't fucking complain that a pothole destroyed your wheel.. You should have known the risk in the first place. OEM wheels can better handle potholes because of their designed reinforcement.

My YouTube Channel
Old 06-29-2011, 01:42 PM   #49
spiderlone
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (32)
spiderlone is just really nicespiderlone is just really nicespiderlone is just really nicespiderlone is just really nicespiderlone is just really nicespiderlone is just really nicespiderlone is just really nicespiderlone is just really nicespiderlone is just really nice
Feedback Score: 32 reviews
Have fun paying $1000 plus for 1 set of rims and I'll have fun paying $1000 for 2 or 3 sets of rims with tires with my nice hook up. Depending which xxr I pick up.

*-- SPIDER --*
Old 06-29-2011, 01:45 PM   #50
VROOOM
Post Whore!

VROOOM is close to perfectionVROOOM is close to perfectionVROOOM is close to perfectionVROOOM is close to perfectionVROOOM is close to perfectionVROOOM is close to perfectionVROOOM is close to perfectionVROOOM is close to perfectionVROOOM is close to perfectionVROOOM is close to perfectionVROOOM is close to perfection
Quote:
Originally Posted by ayuaddict View Post
For what manufacturer?

they make or have made wheels for Ford, Datsun, Isuzu, Mercedes-Benz, Opel, Toyota, Daihatsu. also says they produce 50,000 wheels a month. there is no way there are 50,000 Rotas made a month.

its on thier website

"Philippine Aluminum Wheels Inc. (PAWI), was established on October 8, 1976 as a joint venture between FPS of Italy and Romeo S. Rojas to engage in the manufacture of alloy wheels in the Philippines.

The company's first production of its Rota brand of wheels was in 1977, with an initial production capacity of 4,000 wheels a month. In just the company's first year, Rota wheels are chosen by Chrysler-Mitsubishi (Philippines) as OEM (Original Equipment Manufacturer) for its vehicles passing through the stringent OEM specifications of its parent company in Japan.

The following year saw other major car assemblers engaging the services of the company to manufacture their OE wheel requirements for their vehicles. These companies included Ford, Datsun, Isuzu, Mercedes-Benz, Opel and Volkswagen.

In 1983, after seven years of operation, PAWI became a 100% Filipino corporation. It also marked the year that Japanese technology was introduced into the company's manufacturing operations.

In 1988, PAWI develops its "magnesium-strengthened, heat treatable alloy," making Rota wheels lighter yet stronger and more durable. The following year saw a major upgrade of facilities as PAWI introduced state-of-the-art technological improvements in the form of the latest equipment and machines that speed up and improve chemical analysis, machining, painting and finishing. With the comeback of Toyota into the Philippine market, they chose Rota wheels as their OE wheels, as well as Daihatsu.

In 1990, a milestone was met when PAWI hits a record production of 20,000 Rota wheels per month.

Today, PAWI produces alloy wheels of world-class quality, using state-of-the-art technology. A new series of upgrading has since boosted its production capacity to new heights of 50,000 wheels a month. More than ten times of its capacity when it first started."
Old 06-29-2011, 01:49 PM   #51
DustinSixOh9
Zilvia Junkie

DustinSixOh9 is an unknown quantity at this point
All i get from this is that the guy wasn't going 25mph, and it was a huge pot hole to begin with. Maybe he was in a 25mph zone who knows, but no way that happened going 25. Stiff suspension + very thin tires+ big pot hole wouldn't end well for any wheels.
Old 06-29-2011, 01:51 PM   #52
Firestorm
Zilvia Junkie

Firestorm has a reputation beyond reputeFirestorm has a reputation beyond reputeFirestorm has a reputation beyond reputeFirestorm has a reputation beyond reputeFirestorm has a reputation beyond reputeFirestorm has a reputation beyond reputeFirestorm has a reputation beyond reputeFirestorm has a reputation beyond reputeFirestorm has a reputation beyond reputeFirestorm has a reputation beyond reputeFirestorm has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via ICQ to Firestorm
last year i had an accident with my car, which broke one of my enkei rpf1 wheels, an approx. 8" section of the outer barrell broke off. do i blame enkei? no.

every wheel can break, depending on how strong the impact is, and how its made.

an enkei rpf-1 is a low pressure cast wheel, which makes it one of the lightest wheels for the price that performs great as long as you stay on the road and don't hit anything. but since a low pressure casting lacks strength, it breaks easily compared to maybe a forged wheel. i'm sure if i've had that crash with 600$ a piece forged wheel, the wheel would've been bent, but not broken.

what i'm saying is, knockoffs still suck, but even brand name wheels can break. it all comes down to how the wheel is made. and since most knockoff manufacturers use cheap casting techniques and materials they're more likely to break i'd say.
Old 06-29-2011, 02:13 PM   #53
Matej
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (39)
Matej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 39 reviews
When my Works first came in, I accidentally bumped one against a wooden door frame as I was carrying it into the garage, and it left a dent in the lip.
When I had old Sportmaxes, I once shattered a curb with them, and did not find any damage to the wheel.

I still like the Works more.
Old 06-29-2011, 02:19 PM   #54
SK91
Leaky Injector

SK91 is an unknown quantity at this point
Obviously ur sportmaxes are real and your works are fake
Old 06-29-2011, 02:28 PM   #55
usdm180sx
Post Whore!

usdm180sx is close to perfectionusdm180sx is close to perfectionusdm180sx is close to perfectionusdm180sx is close to perfectionusdm180sx is close to perfectionusdm180sx is close to perfectionusdm180sx is close to perfectionusdm180sx is close to perfectionusdm180sx is close to perfectionusdm180sx is close to perfectionusdm180sx is close to perfection
Send a message via AIM to usdm180sx Send a message via Yahoo to usdm180sx
FUCK varstoens that shit can WALK. I'd rather buy used real deal BBS or TE37 all day long than rock fake shit but that's just me.

Old 06-29-2011, 02:29 PM   #56
murda-c
Post Whore!

murda-c is close to perfectionmurda-c is close to perfectionmurda-c is close to perfectionmurda-c is close to perfectionmurda-c is close to perfectionmurda-c is close to perfectionmurda-c is close to perfectionmurda-c is close to perfectionmurda-c is close to perfectionmurda-c is close to perfectionmurda-c is close to perfection
Send a message via AIM to murda-c Send a message via MSN to murda-c
awww man i thought they looked cool...guess i'll stick to my cobra R wheels lol
Old 06-29-2011, 02:38 PM   #57
enkei2k
Super Moderator

Trader Rating: (29)
enkei2k is close to perfectionenkei2k is close to perfectionenkei2k is close to perfectionenkei2k is close to perfectionenkei2k is close to perfectionenkei2k is close to perfectionenkei2k is close to perfectionenkei2k is close to perfectionenkei2k is close to perfectionenkei2k is close to perfectionenkei2k is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 29 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matej View Post
When my Works first came in, I accidentally bumped one against a wooden door frame as I was carrying it into the garage, and it left a dent in the lip.
When I had old Sportmaxes, I once shattered a curb with them, and did not find any damage to the wheel.

I still like the Works more.
Quote:
Obviously ur sportmaxes are real and your works are fake
LOLLLLLLLLLLLLL

xquizitditz
Old 06-29-2011, 02:58 PM   #58
madd ocx
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (6)
madd ocx is not welcome here anymoremadd ocx is not welcome here anymoremadd ocx is not welcome here anymoremadd ocx is not welcome here anymoremadd ocx is not welcome here anymoremadd ocx is not welcome here anymoremadd ocx is not welcome here anymoremadd ocx is not welcome here anymoremadd ocx is not welcome here anymore
Feedback Score: 6 reviews
This thread is hilarious.. I would admit it was stupid to put the bbs logo on his wheel, but any rim will bend/break hitting a pot hole, I don't care what no one says.. its all a matter of luck, driving and how hard you hit it. All companies steal designs and such.. its what your willing to pay for that determines it in the end..

Last edited by madd ocx; 06-29-2011 at 06:54 PM..
Old 06-29-2011, 03:10 PM   #59
Silvette
Zilvia Member

Silvette is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by usdm180sx View Post
FUCK varstoens that shit can WALK. I'd rather buy used real deal BBS or TE37 all day long than rock fake shit but that's just me.
thank you, someone with some common sense

Quote:
Originally Posted by madd ocx View Post
This thread is hilarious.. I would admit it was stupid to put the NBA logo on his wheel, but any rim will bend/break hitting a pot hole, I don't care what no one says.. its all a matter of luck, driving ady how hard you hit it. All companies steal designs and such.. its what your willing to pay for that determines it in the end..
yes a wheel is suppose to bend/break whatever you want to call it, but break in half completely in two pieces?
Old 06-29-2011, 03:26 PM   #60
Bbsalexaz
Zilvia Member

Bbsalexaz is an unknown quantity at this point
I'd ratherhave a couple sets of wheels that are 'cheapies' then volks, etc.