Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > Specific Topics > Off Topic Chat

Off Topic Chat All non related chat goes here.

Closed Thread

Old 12-28-2008, 03:34 PM   #121
theronin
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (0)
theronin is close to perfectiontheronin is close to perfectiontheronin is close to perfectiontheronin is close to perfectiontheronin is close to perfectiontheronin is close to perfectiontheronin is close to perfectiontheronin is close to perfectiontheronin is close to perfectiontheronin is close to perfectiontheronin is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Send a message via AIM to theronin
bandwagon
nutrider
fanboi

take your pick.

the 240 community is becoming completely retarded.

It just screams, "Hey, I'm a fucking Christmas Tree. What are you gonna do about it?"
Sponsored Links
Old 12-28-2008, 04:50 PM   #122
240drifter1
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (1)
240drifter1 has a reputation beyond repute240drifter1 has a reputation beyond repute240drifter1 has a reputation beyond repute240drifter1 has a reputation beyond repute240drifter1 has a reputation beyond repute240drifter1 has a reputation beyond repute240drifter1 has a reputation beyond repute240drifter1 has a reputation beyond repute240drifter1 has a reputation beyond repute240drifter1 has a reputation beyond repute240drifter1 has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Send a message via AIM to 240drifter1
The 240 community has been completely retarded.

Thats why ive owned 2 myslef.
Old 12-28-2008, 04:55 PM   #123
ericcastro
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (7)
ericcastro is close to perfectionericcastro is close to perfectionericcastro is close to perfectionericcastro is close to perfectionericcastro is close to perfectionericcastro is close to perfectionericcastro is close to perfectionericcastro is close to perfectionericcastro is close to perfectionericcastro is close to perfectionericcastro is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 7 reviews
Send a message via MSN to ericcastro Send a message via Yahoo to ericcastro
I had my first 240 in 1996.
Very few members have had a 240 before that.
You "fanboy" labelers not being one of them.
Fuck off with your fanboy talk.
I can vinyl a track car if i want.

So obviously your negative comments don't mean shit.
How bout we talk about Vinyl techniques.
Questions.
Hints and tips to applying it.
Where to put the seams.
how to handle the curves.
tools needed.
Old 12-28-2008, 05:19 PM   #124
Matej
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (39)
Matej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 39 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by irax View Post
thats where i disagree,

that fc looks cooler because it IS wrapped in vinyl compared to that 240
Maybe from far away. Personally I think that 240 still looks better anyway. It is a great picture though.
Old 12-28-2008, 05:20 PM   #125
Felipe
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (9)
Felipe is close to perfectionFelipe is close to perfectionFelipe is close to perfectionFelipe is close to perfectionFelipe is close to perfectionFelipe is close to perfectionFelipe is close to perfectionFelipe is close to perfectionFelipe is close to perfectionFelipe is close to perfectionFelipe is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 9 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by ericcastro View Post
i HOPE, iM IN THE MARKET FOR A dAILY dRIVER

How many of those do you need to have Lisa make you a shift boot??

lol i want a big ass one on my hood.

so when you walk from side to side... he blinks at you....lol

i had a 89 hatch in 97, but yeah i know
Late Night Crew #1
Old 12-28-2008, 05:39 PM   #126
andmattsayd
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (3)
andmattsayd is not welcome here anymoreandmattsayd is not welcome here anymoreandmattsayd is not welcome here anymoreandmattsayd is not welcome here anymoreandmattsayd is not welcome here anymoreandmattsayd is not welcome here anymoreandmattsayd is not welcome here anymoreandmattsayd is not welcome here anymoreandmattsayd is not welcome here anymoreandmattsayd is not welcome here anymoreandmattsayd is not welcome here anymore
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
why do people care so much?
why does EVERYONE have to IMPRESS EVERYONE!?
its your car do what you want.

geeeez enough with the FANBOi its annoying.
on to the topic.
Old 12-28-2008, 06:05 PM   #127
BustedS13
Post Whore!

BustedS13 is close to perfectionBustedS13 is close to perfectionBustedS13 is close to perfectionBustedS13 is close to perfectionBustedS13 is close to perfectionBustedS13 is close to perfectionBustedS13 is close to perfectionBustedS13 is close to perfectionBustedS13 is close to perfectionBustedS13 is close to perfectionBustedS13 is close to perfection
Send a message via AIM to BustedS13
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matej View Post
Maybe from far away. Personally I think that 240 still looks better anyway. It is a great picture though.
i'm inclined to agree.
Old 12-28-2008, 08:59 PM   #128
TUnity2
Zilvia Junkie

TUnity2 is a glorious beacon of lightTUnity2 is a glorious beacon of lightTUnity2 is a glorious beacon of lightTUnity2 is a glorious beacon of lightTUnity2 is a glorious beacon of lightTUnity2 is a glorious beacon of lightTUnity2 is a glorious beacon of lightTUnity2 is a glorious beacon of lightTUnity2 is a glorious beacon of lightTUnity2 is a glorious beacon of lightTUnity2 is a glorious beacon of light
Quote:
Originally Posted by HUMAN View Post
Im not asking opinions, Im just asking for a picture of a purple sparkle vinyl.

I saw your car, its pretty cool.

The other people just hate on it because they dont like it.

If you like it then who cares.I was thinking of running bass boat sparkle throughout the car with pink spoke rims with a black lip.
do what you want, I can have the ugliest piece of shit and can careless. Its a 240!not a ferrari, this cars what 10 years old. I have a daily driver to get all the bitches with, once they see a gutted 240sx they think its garbage.

Fuck em
yea. I don't even think my car looks that great but it's flashy and gets alot of attention at drift events.I think the black and pink scheme is gonna be ballin. I don't understand why people talk so much smack about vinyl. Oh wait, I do, it's cause most of them don't have real track cars and don't understand the convenience. Most race teams ( even ferarri) use vinyl now.
Old 12-28-2008, 09:08 PM   #129
ericcastro
Post Whore!

ericcastro is close to perfectionericcastro is close to perfectionericcastro is close to perfectionericcastro is close to perfectionericcastro is close to perfectionericcastro is close to perfectionericcastro is close to perfectionericcastro is close to perfectionericcastro is close to perfectionericcastro is close to perfectionericcastro is close to perfection
So back on track.

How do I do the small curves on the front bumper??

And then how bout the large curves on the rear bumper??

How stretchable is it?

i dont want a bunch of tiny pieces on the front bumper. But If i do have to do that on an area, do the small pieces peel off fast?

What happens after a couple washes?? stays sticky? gets all scratched??

thanks to those of those helping in this thread.
for those of you that are dropping opinions, we know, we dont care, take it elsewere.
Old 12-28-2008, 09:37 PM   #130
motegineon
Banned from the Marketplace

Trader Rating: (2)
motegineon has a reputation beyond reputemotegineon has a reputation beyond reputemotegineon has a reputation beyond reputemotegineon has a reputation beyond reputemotegineon has a reputation beyond reputemotegineon has a reputation beyond reputemotegineon has a reputation beyond reputemotegineon has a reputation beyond reputemotegineon has a reputation beyond reputemotegineon has a reputation beyond reputemotegineon has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Send a message via AIM to motegineon Send a message via MSN to motegineon
yea do you heat it up to get it to fit dips (ie im doing my hood and i want to make sure it fits those little dips well)

anyone have an approximation on how much i will need for the hood? s13
Old 12-28-2008, 09:43 PM   #131
DUFFM4N
Post Whore!

Location: Southern California...where i stretch out haters like a bad thong
Trader Rating: (40)
DUFFM4N is close to perfectionDUFFM4N is close to perfectionDUFFM4N is close to perfectionDUFFM4N is close to perfectionDUFFM4N is close to perfectionDUFFM4N is close to perfectionDUFFM4N is close to perfectionDUFFM4N is close to perfectionDUFFM4N is close to perfectionDUFFM4N is close to perfectionDUFFM4N is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 40 reviews
Send a message via AIM to DUFFM4N Send a message via Yahoo to DUFFM4N
well from what ive been hearing...

-if you're going to use soapy water to apply, dont use too much or else it will never dry and stick

-do NOT use a heat gun

-dont be scared to cut it into smaller pieces

-try to keep seams as low on the car as possible

-dont use a credit card or you will end up with scratches on your vinyl...try using a california blade to apply and help reduce bubbles

...eric, when you order some vinyl and it comes in, let me know if u need some help applying it, because it is DEFINITELY a 2 person job

things may come to those who wait, but only the things left by those who HUSTLE

CLICK HERE FOR MY BLOG
Old 12-28-2008, 09:48 PM   #132
LongGrain
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (5)
LongGrain is close to perfectionLongGrain is close to perfectionLongGrain is close to perfectionLongGrain is close to perfectionLongGrain is close to perfectionLongGrain is close to perfectionLongGrain is close to perfectionLongGrain is close to perfectionLongGrain is close to perfectionLongGrain is close to perfectionLongGrain is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 5 reviews
that sparkly stuff WILL NOT stretch.
Old 12-28-2008, 09:49 PM   #133
DUFFM4N
Post Whore!

Location: Southern California...where i stretch out haters like a bad thong
Trader Rating: (40)
DUFFM4N is close to perfectionDUFFM4N is close to perfectionDUFFM4N is close to perfectionDUFFM4N is close to perfectionDUFFM4N is close to perfectionDUFFM4N is close to perfectionDUFFM4N is close to perfectionDUFFM4N is close to perfectionDUFFM4N is close to perfectionDUFFM4N is close to perfectionDUFFM4N is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 40 reviews
Send a message via AIM to DUFFM4N Send a message via Yahoo to DUFFM4N
^oh yeah, that too!

sparkle and or chrome colors will not stretch, only the regular flat colored vinyl

things may come to those who wait, but only the things left by those who HUSTLE

CLICK HERE FOR MY BLOG
Old 12-28-2008, 09:52 PM   #134
ericcastro
Post Whore!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DUFFM4N View Post
well from what ive been hearing...

-if you're going to use soapy water to apply, dont use too much or else it will never dry and stick

-do NOT use a heat gun

-dont be scared to cut it into smaller pieces

-dont use a credit card or you will end up with scratches on your vinyl...try using a california blade to apply and help reduce bubbles

...eric, when you order some vinyl and it comes in, let me know if u need some help applying it, because it is DEFINITELY a 2 person job
Will do.
Prolly in a month or so.

Good stuff there too.

I will be doing more reading and searching as the day gets nearer. But figured we should get some info in this thread instead of opinion on the looks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LongGrain View Post
that sparkly stuff WILL NOT stretch.
Very good to know!! thanks!
Old 12-28-2008, 10:04 PM   #135
azndoc
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (47)
azndoc is close to perfectionazndoc is close to perfectionazndoc is close to perfectionazndoc is close to perfectionazndoc is close to perfectionazndoc is close to perfectionazndoc is close to perfectionazndoc is close to perfectionazndoc is close to perfectionazndoc is close to perfectionazndoc is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 47 reviews
Send a message via AIM to azndoc
Eric just stop crashing into people.

No more 8 car 8 different line tandem.

Done.

Your car will last longer that way.

I don't have any techniques to contribute. Sorry.
Old 12-28-2008, 11:08 PM   #136
TUnity2
Zilvia Junkie

TUnity2 is a glorious beacon of lightTUnity2 is a glorious beacon of lightTUnity2 is a glorious beacon of lightTUnity2 is a glorious beacon of lightTUnity2 is a glorious beacon of lightTUnity2 is a glorious beacon of lightTUnity2 is a glorious beacon of lightTUnity2 is a glorious beacon of lightTUnity2 is a glorious beacon of lightTUnity2 is a glorious beacon of lightTUnity2 is a glorious beacon of light
Quote:
Originally Posted by ericcastro View Post
So back on track.

How do I do the small curves on the front bumper??

And then how bout the large curves on the rear bumper??

How stretchable is it?

i dont want a bunch of tiny pieces on the front bumper. But If i do have to do that on an area, do the small pieces peel off fast?

What happens after a couple washes?? stays sticky? gets all scratched??

thanks to those of those helping in this thread.
for those of you that are dropping opinions, we know, we dont care, take it elsewere.
you have to do a bunch of tiny pieces to do a bumpers.

if its chrome or sparkle it wont stretch at all. You have to use small pieces or you'll get a shit ton of runs.

as long as all the endges are down flat it wont come off eay and it actually is stupid easy to clean, a very light soap and water spray and its blingin again.

and for smoothing out use a flexible piece of plastic wrapped in a small towel or rag.

and dont use soap/water. it'll never stick right. and once your done sit it out in the sunniest spot you can find. a bunch of the bubbles will shrink away slowly, but dont try and speed it up by using a heat gun.
Old 12-29-2008, 12:59 AM   #137
Rawrzies

Rawrzies is on a distinguished road
Here's another pic of the pink coupe in the OP's post... the thing is fucking BRIGHT in person!

Old 12-29-2008, 01:41 AM   #138
SoCal-s130
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (4)
SoCal-s130 is close to perfectionSoCal-s130 is close to perfectionSoCal-s130 is close to perfectionSoCal-s130 is close to perfectionSoCal-s130 is close to perfectionSoCal-s130 is close to perfectionSoCal-s130 is close to perfectionSoCal-s130 is close to perfectionSoCal-s130 is close to perfectionSoCal-s130 is close to perfectionSoCal-s130 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 4 reviews
Who wants to buy two rolls of chrome red vinyl? 24x30
Old 12-29-2008, 01:46 AM   #139
xchaosx
Leaky Injector

xchaosx is an unknown quantity at this point
The sparkle stuff cracks after it constricts because it doesnt stretch. If you plan on keeping the car outside i'd advise against it. I had the midnight black on a couple of pieces on my old car and the top facing surfaces got worked pretty hard over a summer.
Old 12-29-2008, 03:52 AM   #140
irax
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (4)
irax is close to perfectionirax is close to perfectionirax is close to perfectionirax is close to perfectionirax is close to perfectionirax is close to perfectionirax is close to perfectionirax is close to perfectionirax is close to perfectionirax is close to perfectionirax is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 4 reviews
Send a message via AIM to irax
Quote:
Originally Posted by DUFFM4N View Post

-do NOT use a heat gun

all the vinyl101 vids on youtube they all use a heat gun or a torch to heat up the vinyl and a sock/towl/soft fabric glove to gently push and stretch the vinyl.

they also said that you should use a few (5-10 drops) drops of soap in a regular i think 1ltr spray bottle but it might be different for advert vinyl and sign vinyl i dont know.

I really created this thread so the few people that have done in could share the info. I really wasn't interested in the opinion part. I also just thought about putting this in premi section but I was more interested in sharing information
Old 12-29-2008, 03:53 AM   #141
yokotas13
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (8)
yokotas13 is close to perfectionyokotas13 is close to perfectionyokotas13 is close to perfectionyokotas13 is close to perfectionyokotas13 is close to perfectionyokotas13 is close to perfectionyokotas13 is close to perfectionyokotas13 is close to perfectionyokotas13 is close to perfectionyokotas13 is close to perfectionyokotas13 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 8 reviews
Send a message via AIM to yokotas13 Send a message via MSN to yokotas13 Send a message via Yahoo to yokotas13
yeah 5-10 drops for a windex bottle is abotu right

i ordered the blue glitter, im going to do the subaru. might as well make it totally stupid looking. i have lambo doors on teh way too.
Old 12-29-2008, 04:44 AM   #142
rps13drift
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (6)
rps13drift is close to perfectionrps13drift is close to perfectionrps13drift is close to perfectionrps13drift is close to perfectionrps13drift is close to perfectionrps13drift is close to perfectionrps13drift is close to perfectionrps13drift is close to perfectionrps13drift is close to perfectionrps13drift is close to perfectionrps13drift is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 6 reviews
For my vinyl job i did use a heat gun to stretch it and it works just perfect! I also have had the green vinyl on my car for just about a year now and there is no cracks or anything and my car is stored outside during the harsh east coast winters.
Old 12-29-2008, 04:45 AM   #143
TRU_DAH-V
Zilvia Addict

TRU_DAH-V is close to perfectionTRU_DAH-V is close to perfectionTRU_DAH-V is close to perfectionTRU_DAH-V is close to perfectionTRU_DAH-V is close to perfectionTRU_DAH-V is close to perfectionTRU_DAH-V is close to perfectionTRU_DAH-V is close to perfectionTRU_DAH-V is close to perfectionTRU_DAH-V is close to perfectionTRU_DAH-V is close to perfection
i wrapped this car printed gradient fade.
everything was dry set with a heat gun the roll was a 40" roll.
all you need are:
1 hard squegee with felt on one side
1 heat gun
1 blade
1 helper to hold vinyl
Old 12-29-2008, 07:21 AM   #144
Bubbles
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (2)
Bubbles is close to perfectionBubbles is close to perfectionBubbles is close to perfectionBubbles is close to perfectionBubbles is close to perfectionBubbles is close to perfectionBubbles is close to perfectionBubbles is close to perfectionBubbles is close to perfectionBubbles is close to perfectionBubbles is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by yokotas13 View Post
y

i ordered the blue glitter, i have lambo doors on teh way too.

I'd imagine the two compliment each other quite well.
Old 12-29-2008, 08:16 AM   #145
napaKAliboog
BANNED

napaKAliboog is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
the overal blue book value of 240s just went down another grand after this thread lol
HAHAHAHAH!!!!!!!! ok i actually think it's ok to vinyl a race car... but who ever does this on the street will become a giant hazard
Old 12-29-2008, 08:28 AM   #146
stiizy
Post Whore!

stiizy is close to perfectionstiizy is close to perfectionstiizy is close to perfectionstiizy is close to perfectionstiizy is close to perfectionstiizy is close to perfectionstiizy is close to perfectionstiizy is close to perfectionstiizy is close to perfectionstiizy is close to perfectionstiizy is close to perfection
Quote:
Originally Posted by ESmorz View Post
And it also looks like a gaping silver asshole.
This dude is too funny

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rawrzies View Post
Here's another pic of the pink coupe in the OP's post... the thing is fucking BRIGHT in person!

OMG that color is Amazing!!!

I had those Same Jlines in that color...

I wanna paint or vinyl my car this Color!!!
Old 12-29-2008, 08:43 AM   #147
razmus
Zilvia Junkie

razmus has a little shameless behavior in the past
lol, i think im going to wrap one of my Emos`1 `
Old 12-29-2008, 08:46 AM   #148
razmus
Zilvia Junkie

razmus has a little shameless behavior in the past
lol i think im going to wrap one of emos and see how it turns out....ill post some pics up. It might be harder due to all the curves...meh il give it a shot.
Old 12-29-2008, 09:30 AM   #149
andmattsayd
Zilvia FREAK!

andmattsayd is not welcome here anymoreandmattsayd is not welcome here anymoreandmattsayd is not welcome here anymoreandmattsayd is not welcome here anymoreandmattsayd is not welcome here anymoreandmattsayd is not welcome here anymoreandmattsayd is not welcome here anymoreandmattsayd is not welcome here anymoreandmattsayd is not welcome here anymoreandmattsayd is not welcome here anymoreandmattsayd is not welcome here anymore
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoCal-s130 View Post
Who wants to buy two rolls of chrome red vinyl? 24x30
what happened?
Old 12-29-2008, 11:28 AM   #150
!Zar!
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (27)
!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 27 reviews
Oh my gosh.

This thread is great.

People stating that they, "started" a color and how people bite them.

But I will say, last year the color of choice wasn't blue, it was ferrari red and white wheels.

Why is everyone acting like vinyl is new?

Shits been done for ages.

Even Chmercer's car was vinyled blue and everyone shitted a brick.

What's next, people flat black vinyling their shit?

Not even ALL the vinyl in the world could help this car. No wonder why you're getting pulled over so much.

Please.

PLEASE Stay away from whoever keeps murdering your car in tandem.

They aren't your friend.

wtf
WTF
WHAT THE FUCK!?

How did you honestly think that would look good? Your car would've looked fine with just the oem color and rear valances.

Anyways... The only way to get the vinyl perfect is to mix up some soapy water and grab a heat gun. The vinyl will conform easier than you think to the corners.