Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Chat

Chat General Discussion About The Nissan 240SX and Nissan Z Cars

Old 09-26-2010, 06:09 PM   #2881
Neon_rain519
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (0)
Neon_rain519 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
How much lower will Tein basics go then my eibachs on koni yellows? Thank you

Last edited by Neon_rain519; 09-26-2010 at 06:39 PM..
Neon_rain519 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 09-26-2010, 06:46 PM   #2882
fishboi

fishboi is an unknown quantity at this point
Can anyone plz give me a link to best 14 looking thread? or something like that? Thanks!
fishboi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2010, 10:59 PM   #2883
singlecamslam
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (10)
singlecamslam is not welcome here anymoresinglecamslam is not welcome here anymoresinglecamslam is not welcome here anymoresinglecamslam is not welcome here anymoresinglecamslam is not welcome here anymoresinglecamslam is not welcome here anymoresinglecamslam is not welcome here anymoresinglecamslam is not welcome here anymoresinglecamslam is not welcome here anymoresinglecamslam is not welcome here anymoresinglecamslam is not welcome here anymore
Feedback Score: 10 reviews
Will a hatchback s13 headliner fin in a coupe?
Old 09-27-2010, 06:51 AM   #2884
Okinawandrifter87
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (22)
Okinawandrifter87 is close to perfectionOkinawandrifter87 is close to perfectionOkinawandrifter87 is close to perfectionOkinawandrifter87 is close to perfectionOkinawandrifter87 is close to perfectionOkinawandrifter87 is close to perfectionOkinawandrifter87 is close to perfectionOkinawandrifter87 is close to perfectionOkinawandrifter87 is close to perfectionOkinawandrifter87 is close to perfectionOkinawandrifter87 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 22 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by singlecamslam View Post
Will a hatchback s13 headliner fin in a coupe?
No it won't because of the rear part of the headliner. I tried this a while back cause I thought it might and I got a free headliner from one. It ends up coming a little short in the coupe with a gap.
Old 09-27-2010, 06:52 AM   #2885
Okinawandrifter87
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (22)
Okinawandrifter87 is close to perfectionOkinawandrifter87 is close to perfectionOkinawandrifter87 is close to perfectionOkinawandrifter87 is close to perfectionOkinawandrifter87 is close to perfectionOkinawandrifter87 is close to perfectionOkinawandrifter87 is close to perfectionOkinawandrifter87 is close to perfectionOkinawandrifter87 is close to perfectionOkinawandrifter87 is close to perfectionOkinawandrifter87 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 22 reviews
Does anybody have this have any personal reviews of this actual product besides what's on the thread?

http://zilvia.net/f/tech-talk/235851...can-setup.html
Old 09-27-2010, 09:15 AM   #2886
Mesarina
Zilvia Member

Mesarina is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by .jrmyrmx View Post
My clutch has no feedback anymore and it wont shift into gears. I checked and there is fluid but it is dirty. how do i figure out which to replace, the slave cylinder or the master, and can i do it without special tools? Also, I dont have to mess with the master brake cylinder at all right?
Dont replace everthing without knowing what is wrong, have a friend press the clutch pedal and see if the clutch fork moves, if it moves you need a new clutch kit, if it doesn's then yes, CHECK master and slave cylinder
Mesarina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2010, 09:19 AM   #2887
Mesarina
Zilvia Member

Mesarina is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mesarina View Post
where do you think is best to mount a fire extinguisgher on a rhd s13? behind drivers feet above seat or on passenger side trans tunnel maybe???
NM, pics for reference...

Mesarina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2010, 10:01 AM   #2888
Corbic
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (8)
Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic
Feedback Score: 8 reviews
My long PS return hardline is damaged beyond repair. An I simply bypass it and run s soft line from the rack to the overflow?
Corbic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2010, 10:02 AM   #2889
Corbic
Post Whore!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neon_rain519 View Post
How much lower will Tein basics go then my eibachs on koni yellows? Thank you
None. Buy Ground Control collars so you can adjust hight.
Old 09-28-2010, 11:19 AM   #2890
axiomatik
Post Whore!

axiomatik is close to perfectionaxiomatik is close to perfectionaxiomatik is close to perfectionaxiomatik is close to perfectionaxiomatik is close to perfectionaxiomatik is close to perfectionaxiomatik is close to perfectionaxiomatik is close to perfectionaxiomatik is close to perfectionaxiomatik is close to perfectionaxiomatik is close to perfection
Quote:
My clutch has no feedback anymore and it wont shift into gears. I checked and there is fluid but it is dirty. how do i figure out which to replace, the slave cylinder or the master, and can i do it without special tools? Also, I dont have to mess with the master brake cylinder at all right?
If you need to pinch pennies, try draining the fluid and refilling/bleeding the system first.

Quote:
awesome, thanks! do i have to do anything special after i throw them in or can i just fill it up and drive? this small questions thread is great, i hope more people start using this instead of posting on answer questions in new threads.
You will have to bleed the system to get all of the air out of the clutch lines. I suggest removing the clutch damper while you are doing the work to make bleeding easier. It is a small metal box mounted to your frame rail near the slave cylinder.

Quote:
Originally Posted by icycooL View Post
I have another small question I need help with.

For some reason my headlights are stuck up. When I try to put them down manually they go down then pop back up again automatically. I'm certain the fuses are fine, the motor is fine, obviously because it's working automatically. It's just not going down when I turn the headlights off. Anyone have a clue why?
It could be that the headlight switch on the stalk is worn out. If you know someone with a known good stalk, you might try swapping it in and see if that helps. When the switch on my stalk wore out, the headlights would no longer go down after turning off the headlights. Pushing the headlight retract button didn't do anything either. I finally tracked it down to worn contacts in the stalk.

Quote:
Originally Posted by doomviillain View Post
me again. a question about the butterflies on an s13 KA. I took mines out cuz i plan on boosting it soon. Whats the consequence if you dont weld those holes shut? will it cause too much air turbulence for each cylinder or what?
So, do you have holes going straight from the manifold runners to atmosphere? If so the cylinders will be pulling in un-metered air straight into the intake runners, causing high idle and a lean air-fuel mix.
Old 09-28-2010, 11:37 AM   #2891
turbo2nr
Post Whore!

turbo2nr will become famous soon enoughturbo2nr will become famous soon enoughturbo2nr will become famous soon enoughturbo2nr will become famous soon enoughturbo2nr will become famous soon enough
Send a message via AIM to turbo2nr
anyone know where i can order 1 rays engineering lug nut? One got damaged..

these?

s14 kouki ka-t
turbo2nr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2010, 12:30 PM   #2892
Corbic
Post Whore!

Aluminum lug nuts are about as awesome idea as plastic pistons or bronze crankshafts.
Old 09-28-2010, 12:39 PM   #2893
terrence
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (1)
terrence is not welcome here anymoreterrence is not welcome here anymoreterrence is not welcome here anymoreterrence is not welcome here anymoreterrence is not welcome here anymoreterrence is not welcome here anymoreterrence is not welcome here anymoreterrence is not welcome here anymoreterrence is not welcome here anymoreterrence is not welcome here anymoreterrence is not welcome here anymore
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Does a diagram for were all the plugs on a s14 sr hook up to on the wiring harness exist?
terrence is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2010, 12:41 PM   #2894
VNG704
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (17)
VNG704 has a reputation beyond reputeVNG704 has a reputation beyond reputeVNG704 has a reputation beyond reputeVNG704 has a reputation beyond reputeVNG704 has a reputation beyond reputeVNG704 has a reputation beyond reputeVNG704 has a reputation beyond reputeVNG704 has a reputation beyond reputeVNG704 has a reputation beyond reputeVNG704 has a reputation beyond reputeVNG704 has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 17 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by terrence View Post
Does a diagram for were all the plugs on a s14 sr hook up to on the wiring harness exist?
try the FSM
VNG704 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2010, 01:00 PM   #2895
terrence
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (1)
terrence is not welcome here anymoreterrence is not welcome here anymoreterrence is not welcome here anymoreterrence is not welcome here anymoreterrence is not welcome here anymoreterrence is not welcome here anymoreterrence is not welcome here anymoreterrence is not welcome here anymoreterrence is not welcome here anymoreterrence is not welcome here anymoreterrence is not welcome here anymore
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Hoping to find something like this: http://www.240sx.ca/i/UNCUT-sr20de_L.jpg but for an s14 sr :/
terrence is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2010, 02:27 PM   #2896
510-SR20DET
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (9)
510-SR20DET is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 9 reviews
Preventing dash get cracked

Black un-cracked dash is getting rarer and rarer everyday, this is applying for both s13 and s14. For those who has a minty black dash and for those who is going to get one, whats your secret of preventing them getting crack again?
Old 09-28-2010, 02:34 PM   #2897
Breakdown81

Breakdown81 is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to Breakdown81
Usually good car maitenance prevents dash fatigue. Buy a sunshade and get a uv overlay on your windshield. Also dont use armor-all on your dash.
Breakdown81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2010, 02:41 PM   #2898
510-SR20DET
Zilvia Junkie

Would body flex crack the dash?
Old 09-28-2010, 02:44 PM   #2899
fckillerbee
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (5)
fckillerbee is close to perfectionfckillerbee is close to perfectionfckillerbee is close to perfectionfckillerbee is close to perfectionfckillerbee is close to perfectionfckillerbee is close to perfectionfckillerbee is close to perfectionfckillerbee is close to perfectionfckillerbee is close to perfectionfckillerbee is close to perfectionfckillerbee is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 5 reviews
i don't see why not...if the dash is dry enough to crack, any movement or flex in the chassis will make it split.
fckillerbee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2010, 02:46 PM   #2900
510-SR20DET
Zilvia Junkie

Question about brake

I have a full Z32 brake swap on my 180sx. When i apply brake slighly, the car swerve/pull to the left. I tried to fix the problem by adjudge the alignment from the shop but it didnt solve this. What could it be? There is no leak.
Old 09-28-2010, 02:49 PM   #2901
510-SR20DET
Zilvia Junkie

Do you have to stiffen the whole body on a comfortable DD car? lol
Old 09-28-2010, 06:08 PM   #2902
fckillerbee
Post Whore!

fckillerbee is close to perfectionfckillerbee is close to perfectionfckillerbee is close to perfectionfckillerbee is close to perfectionfckillerbee is close to perfectionfckillerbee is close to perfectionfckillerbee is close to perfectionfckillerbee is close to perfectionfckillerbee is close to perfectionfckillerbee is close to perfectionfckillerbee is close to perfection
Quote:
Originally Posted by 510-SR20DET View Post
I have a full Z32 brake swap on my 180sx. When i apply brake slighly, the car swerve/pull to the left. I tried to fix the problem by adjudge the alignment from the shop but it didnt solve this. What could it be? There is no leak.
did you check the brakes/ pads/ rotors/ caliper/ piston sleeve/ muffler bearing/ anything to do with the brakes?

if it pulls when you brake, it's the brakes, if it pulls when you accelerate, it may not be the brakes. does it pull when you brake turning right/left...it might help find the route of the problem.
Old 09-28-2010, 06:10 PM   #2903
fckillerbee
Post Whore!

Quote:
Do you have to stiffen the whole body on a comfortable DD car? lol
are you just asking questions to ask questions?

this q....i really didn't understand....
cause.......

i do what I want.
Old 09-28-2010, 08:05 PM   #2904
Sileighty_85
Post Whore!

Sileighty_85 is close to perfectionSileighty_85 is close to perfectionSileighty_85 is close to perfectionSileighty_85 is close to perfectionSileighty_85 is close to perfectionSileighty_85 is close to perfectionSileighty_85 is close to perfectionSileighty_85 is close to perfectionSileighty_85 is close to perfectionSileighty_85 is close to perfectionSileighty_85 is close to perfection
Quote:

I think one of your front calipers is Seized.
pull them off and see if the pistons compress
1986 SR86 - 200ish
1990 R32 GTR - 320hp
Don't Buy Engines from JDM-Online http://zilvia.net/f/businesses/207457-jdm-online.html
Don't Buy XS-Power or SSAC Shit
Sileighty_85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2010, 08:03 AM   #2905
240sx123$
BANNED

Trader Rating: (2)
240sx123$ is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
My right rear shock squeaks. ALL THE TIME. Even when the car is stopped and i compress the suspension in the rear.. squeaky squeaky squeaky... It sounds like its coming from the top of the strut. I took the wheel off and looked, everything looks to be in order. I think it might just be the spring making noise. How do I make it stop? Its REALLY annoying if i dont have my music up. The other side doesnt make ANY noise.

'98 S14, KYB AGX struts/ Eibach Pro-kit springs (1.4" drop). Rolled fenders, 255 tires, and those arent rubbing at all.
240sx123$ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2010, 08:07 AM   #2906
240sx123$
BANNED

Oh and one more:

I have a NA Z32 VLSD. I heard the finned dif cover on them is better to use because it holds more fluid and will stay cooler. Whats involved in swapping them out? I thought i remembered that filling a dif while its in the car is a HUGE pain. Can anyone outline what I'd be looking at if I wanted to do this? Like, can the dif covers be swapped without removing anything else? Is there a gasket, or do I just use form-a-gasket? And whats the easiest way to fill it back up?
Old 09-29-2010, 08:49 AM   #2907
WheelSpin18
Leaky Injector

WheelSpin18 is an unknown quantity at this point
A 205/40 on an 8....decent enough mild stretch? 195/40/16 is basically just S Drives as the only tire option, and supposedly they don't stretch well/look good...too meaty.

205/40/16: 502's or nankangs?
WheelSpin18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2010, 10:05 AM   #2908
240sx123$
BANNED

205 on an 8 would be a nice mild stretch. Probably ideal for the stretched look on a car that doesnt want to be replacing rims constantly.
Old 09-29-2010, 10:31 AM   #2909
heavenboundkevin
Zilvia Addict

heavenboundkevin is an unknown quantity at this point
can anyone tell me about what its like to drive with an Ikeya sequen shifter? Im really curious.
heavenboundkevin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2010, 10:41 AM   #2910
stenJDM

stenJDM is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via MSN to stenJDM
My sparco seat with sidemounts is sitting too far, because the chassis has got the bar that runs horizontally across the floor. i've already cut the mounts as much as it's possible to get it nearer to the pedals but it's still to far. What should i do?
stenJDM is offline   Reply With Quote