Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Chat > Builds (and builds only)

Builds (and builds only) Got a build thread? It goes here, build threads anywhere else on the forum will be locked and never moved.

Old 08-13-2012, 03:53 PM   #2701
da_crew10
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (14)
da_crew10 has a reputation beyond reputeda_crew10 has a reputation beyond reputeda_crew10 has a reputation beyond reputeda_crew10 has a reputation beyond reputeda_crew10 has a reputation beyond reputeda_crew10 has a reputation beyond reputeda_crew10 has a reputation beyond reputeda_crew10 has a reputation beyond reputeda_crew10 has a reputation beyond reputeda_crew10 has a reputation beyond reputeda_crew10 has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 14 reviews
Best s13 in the country hands down, made me shit myself like i expected.
da_crew10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 08-13-2012, 04:20 PM   #2702
Bushido
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (10)
Bushido is close to perfectionBushido is close to perfectionBushido is close to perfectionBushido is close to perfectionBushido is close to perfectionBushido is close to perfectionBushido is close to perfectionBushido is close to perfectionBushido is close to perfectionBushido is close to perfectionBushido is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 10 reviews
amazing. you win!
Old 08-13-2012, 05:24 PM   #2703
Broadfield
Zilvia.net Advertiser

Trader Rating: (163)
Broadfield is a name known to allBroadfield is a name known to allBroadfield is a name known to allBroadfield is a name known to allBroadfield is a name known to allBroadfield is a name known to allBroadfield is a name known to allBroadfield is a name known to allBroadfield is a name known to allBroadfield is a name known to allBroadfield is a name known to all
Feedback Score: 163 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bushido View Post
amazing. you win!
I agree..... for now

Follow Along For My Latest Work
My Portfolio
Please Share
Check Out My Builds
Broadfield is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2012, 05:37 PM   #2704
Om1kron
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (15)
Om1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 15 reviews
is your front caster a little off, wheels look really close to the cabin as opposed to being centered? Either way car looks good. Reverse Rake for life!
Old 08-13-2012, 05:50 PM   #2705
holemilk00
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (33)
holemilk00 is a jewel in the roughholemilk00 is a jewel in the roughholemilk00 is a jewel in the roughholemilk00 is a jewel in the roughholemilk00 is a jewel in the roughholemilk00 is a jewel in the roughholemilk00 is a jewel in the rough
Feedback Score: 33 reviews
You earn 25 internets for this. You win the world wide web.
Old 08-13-2012, 05:53 PM   #2706
badfish816
Leaky Injector

Trader Rating: (0)
badfish816 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
damn damon!!! gorgeous. i dont need to read any more builds for the night. hahaha
badfish816 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2012, 07:18 PM   #2707
tricky_ab
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (23)
tricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud of
Feedback Score: 23 reviews
*Street fighter announcer*

"You Win!....PERFECT!"
tricky_ab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2012, 11:48 PM   #2708
MR.RMSCHIKO
Leaky Injector

Trader Rating: (2)
MR.RMSCHIKO has much to be proud ofMR.RMSCHIKO has much to be proud ofMR.RMSCHIKO has much to be proud ofMR.RMSCHIKO has much to be proud ofMR.RMSCHIKO has much to be proud ofMR.RMSCHIKO has much to be proud ofMR.RMSCHIKO has much to be proud ofMR.RMSCHIKO has much to be proud ofMR.RMSCHIKO has much to be proud ofMR.RMSCHIKO has much to be proud ofMR.RMSCHIKO has much to be proud of
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
looks sick ! what sizing are you running damon ?
MR.RMSCHIKO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2012, 05:03 AM   #2709
Motary
Zilvia Junkie

Motary is making a name for him/her selfMotary is making a name for him/her self
Send a message via MSN to Motary
Quote:
Originally Posted by CamryOnBronze View Post

dat hot air balloon!
Motary is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2012, 12:12 PM   #2710
CamryOnBronze
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (131)
CamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud of
Feedback Score: 131 reviews
Send a message via AIM to CamryOnBronze
haha thanks a lot guys, I am really happy with how the wheels turned out and how they look on the car.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShadowMan View Post
Looks good back on the ground again. Rub much on the bumps at all? Also not a huge fan of the knob but hey, my car has never been in a magazine either so what do I know.
Nah, doesn't really rub much. On large dips my front has always rubbed the tub on one side, but I think the caster is just off.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian View Post
Woo Weeee

Pivot Super Quick Shift knob.
TOo hot for TV NC-17

EDIT: just keep lookin at the pics. Can't believe how cool this car is.
haha thanks man!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Om1kron View Post
is your front caster a little off, wheels look really close to the cabin as opposed to being centered? Either way car looks good. Reverse Rake for life!
Caster could for sure be off. Will be going in for an alignment in the next couple of weeks to get it all sorted out.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MR.RMSCHIKO View Post
looks sick ! what sizing are you running damon ?
18x10.5 +20 235/40/18
17x9.5 +10 (+5 effective) 215/40/17

I wasn't planning to need the 5mm spacer up front, but I thought it looked better with it on there. I still need to add some camber up front, so we'll see if I end up using it. I removed the front suspension last night to install the Ikeya arms and GP Sports tie rod ends, so I hope to have that done by the end of the week. I'll probably widen the front track width slightly and slot the coils to get some more camber up there, then see how it sits!

CamryOnBronze.com
CamryOnBronze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2012, 12:21 PM   #2711
gbaby2089
Zilvia Addict

gbaby2089 is close to perfectiongbaby2089 is close to perfectiongbaby2089 is close to perfectiongbaby2089 is close to perfectiongbaby2089 is close to perfectiongbaby2089 is close to perfectiongbaby2089 is close to perfectiongbaby2089 is close to perfectiongbaby2089 is close to perfectiongbaby2089 is close to perfectiongbaby2089 is close to perfection
Whoa. Mind blown.
gbaby2089 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2012, 12:34 PM   #2712
ShadowMan
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (4)
ShadowMan is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 4 reviews
Well, you definitely have put together, what is agreeably, one of the nicest 240's around. You even have hot air balloons making cameo's for photo's. If I ever head out that way, I'll definitely have to stop by to see this in person, then on to the worlds biggest ball of yarn and yada yada.
Old 08-14-2012, 03:27 PM   #2713
alexisthemovie
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (5)
alexisthemovie is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 5 reviews
Send a message via AIM to alexisthemovie
I love this thing, glad you are happy with the wheels!
Old 08-14-2012, 04:02 PM   #2714
240sxdriftin
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (25)
240sxdriftin has much to be proud of240sxdriftin has much to be proud of240sxdriftin has much to be proud of240sxdriftin has much to be proud of240sxdriftin has much to be proud of240sxdriftin has much to be proud of240sxdriftin has much to be proud of240sxdriftin has much to be proud of240sxdriftin has much to be proud of240sxdriftin has much to be proud of240sxdriftin has much to be proud of
Feedback Score: 25 reviews
this car keeps getting better and better... absolutely incredible with the 03's!!
Old 08-14-2012, 05:13 PM   #2715
titopr06
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (68)
titopr06 is just really nicetitopr06 is just really nicetitopr06 is just really nicetitopr06 is just really nicetitopr06 is just really nicetitopr06 is just really nicetitopr06 is just really nicetitopr06 is just really nicetitopr06 is just really nicetitopr06 is just really nice
Feedback Score: 68 reviews
looks amazing damon!!!!
titopr06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2012, 09:31 PM   #2716
MR.RMSCHIKO
Leaky Injector

MR.RMSCHIKO has much to be proud ofMR.RMSCHIKO has much to be proud ofMR.RMSCHIKO has much to be proud ofMR.RMSCHIKO has much to be proud ofMR.RMSCHIKO has much to be proud ofMR.RMSCHIKO has much to be proud ofMR.RMSCHIKO has much to be proud ofMR.RMSCHIKO has much to be proud ofMR.RMSCHIKO has much to be proud ofMR.RMSCHIKO has much to be proud ofMR.RMSCHIKO has much to be proud of
Quote:

18x10.5 +20 235/40/18
17x9.5 +10 (+5 effective) 215/40/17

I wasn't planning to need the 5mm spacer up front, but I thought it looked better with it on there. I still need to add some camber up front, so we'll see if I end up using it. I removed the front suspension last night to install the Ikeya arms and GP Sports tie rod ends, so I hope to have that done by the end of the week. I'll probably widen the front track width slightly and slot the coils to get some more camber up there, then see how it sits!
awesome stuff I've actually debating to run 10.5's in the rear but wasn't sure if stock fenders can clear but thanks for clearing everything up i think I've made my mind up now.
MR.RMSCHIKO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2012, 10:55 PM   #2717
nissansrbetter16
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (3)
nissansrbetter16 is making a name for him/her selfnissansrbetter16 is making a name for him/her self
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
I have been waiting so long to see it with the wheels, and I still wasn't prepared for how good they look on the car.
nissansrbetter16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2012, 08:29 AM   #2718
CamryOnBronze
Post Whore!

CamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud of
Thanks a lot guys, appreciate it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShadowMan View Post
Well, you definitely have put together, what is agreeably, one of the nicest 240's around. You even have hot air balloons making cameo's for photo's. If I ever head out that way, I'll definitely have to stop by to see this in person, then on to the worlds biggest ball of yarn and yada yada.
lol, yeah they frequently launch hot air balloons a couple of blocks from my house. Thought it was funny it ended up in the pic, haha.

Quote:
Originally Posted by alexisthemovie View Post
I love this thing, glad you are happy with the wheels!
Thanks man, you guys did an awesome job on them!

I started on installing the front suspension stuff the other night. I'm hoping to get the tie rod ends removed tonight and start slapping it all back together.

CamryOnBronze.com
Old 08-15-2012, 08:48 AM   #2719
Arireese
BANNED

Arireese is an unknown quantity at this point
scissor jack though? haha

paint your garage next! that would be cool.

car looks awesome
Arireese is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2012, 08:48 AM   #2720
va240dude
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (161)
va240dude is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 161 reviews
Love it, Damon. Those wheels turned out great!
Old 08-15-2012, 08:49 AM   #2721
CamryOnBronze
Post Whore!

1. Drive front on boards.

2. Use scissor jack on front core support.

3. Use floor jack on front subframe.

4. ...

5. Profit.

The scissor jack isn't supporting anything in the pic, haha. No time to paint the garage, but that does need to happen someday! I think it will be one of those things I am still saying I need to do when I am like 40, lol.

Quote:
Originally Posted by va240dude View Post
Love it, Damon. Those wheels turned out great!
Thanks Matt!

CamryOnBronze.com
Old 08-15-2012, 10:31 AM   #2722
KiLLeR2001
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (46)
KiLLeR2001 has much to be proud ofKiLLeR2001 has much to be proud ofKiLLeR2001 has much to be proud ofKiLLeR2001 has much to be proud ofKiLLeR2001 has much to be proud ofKiLLeR2001 has much to be proud ofKiLLeR2001 has much to be proud ofKiLLeR2001 has much to be proud ofKiLLeR2001 has much to be proud ofKiLLeR2001 has much to be proud ofKiLLeR2001 has much to be proud of
Feedback Score: 46 reviews
Jacking from the front core support is a big no-no. If anything you'd want to jack from the front cross member with a block of wood, but it's further back.

Here is what I do:

Take the low-profile jack on the tow hook, jack it up a few pumps, squeeze the scissor jack in the reinforced section where they are meant to be used (back of the front fender where it meets the door), then take the low profile jack and jack it up at the front of the frame rail right before it curves up.

Hope this helps.
Old 08-15-2012, 09:28 PM   #2723
EazyS13
Zilvia Member

EazyS13 is an unknown quantity at this point
IM NOT WORTHY!! that thing looks nice with the 03s on
EazyS13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2012, 02:41 AM   #2724
ShadowMan
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (4)
ShadowMan is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 4 reviews
Yup, jacking up on the core support will eventually lead to bad hood latching problems and probably other problems as well. I did it like on my G20 for a bit, no big deal in the beginning, but after awhile it definitely led to bringing out the BFH to fix it.
Old 08-16-2012, 08:35 AM   #2725
CamryOnBronze
Post Whore!

Thanks for the tips guys. Now that I have learned how to jack my car up properly, do you think you guys could walk me through changing my oil? lol

But in all seriousness, it isn't a big deal. The underside of my car is so smashed up from the previous owner and from scraping on stuff that I don't think it is going to hurt anything on my mid-nineties sports car. Using the front tow hook would work if I was high enough or had a different front end, but even if I drive on a couple of 2x4s a floor jack is not going to fit under the lip or tow hook.

I wouldn't exactly consider the tow hook to be a preferred jacking location either. Obviously the pinch weld is the preferred location for using a scissor jack, but like most S13s, my pinch welds are trashed. Everyone knows this a specifically weak area on the S13. I've never had an issue or seen any hint of damage from my method, so I'll stick with what I prefer. It isn't ideal or "by the book," but what is with a car this height?

I worked on the front suspension a bit last night, but found that I am going to need to run a different set of tie rod ends that are compatible with my Tein tie rods. I've ordered a pair of Kazama rod ends, but I won't be able to get everything back together until I return from vacation. I did test fit one of the Ikeya Formula arms, and that went on without any issues. Looking forward to having the front roll center and bump steer corrected a bit.

CamryOnBronze.com
Old 08-16-2012, 08:46 AM   #2726
KiLLeR2001
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (46)
KiLLeR2001 has much to be proud ofKiLLeR2001 has much to be proud ofKiLLeR2001 has much to be proud ofKiLLeR2001 has much to be proud ofKiLLeR2001 has much to be proud ofKiLLeR2001 has much to be proud ofKiLLeR2001 has much to be proud ofKiLLeR2001 has much to be proud ofKiLLeR2001 has much to be proud ofKiLLeR2001 has much to be proud ofKiLLeR2001 has much to be proud of
Feedback Score: 46 reviews
Quote:
Thanks for the tips guys. Now that I have learned how to jack my car up properly, do you think you guys could walk me through changing my oil? lol

But in all seriousness, it isn't a big deal. The underside of my car is so smashed up from the previous owner and from scraping on stuff that I don't think it is going to hurt anything on my mid-nineties sports car. Using the front tow hook would work if I was high enough or had a different front end, but even if I drive on a couple of 2x4s a floor jack is not going to fit under the lip or tow hook.

I wouldn't exactly consider the tow hook to be a preferred jacking location either. Obviously the pinch weld is the preferred location for using a scissor jack, but like most S13s, my pinch welds are trashed. Everyone knows this a specifically weak area on the S13. I've never had an issue or seen any hint of damage from my method, so I'll stick with what I prefer. It isn't ideal or "by the book," but what is with a car this height?
LOLWUT?

Sometimes your logic dumbfounds me entirely.

I've watched this car grow from nothing into something over the past few years (as many others have) and now you want to come along with this "throw away" attitude?

"Oh well its messed up anyways, so I'll keep jacking it up incorrectly."

I don't think so. Take care of the car man. Drive it up on bigger blocks of wood, get a low profile jack if you don't already have one, it will definitely fit underneathe the car.
Old 08-16-2012, 09:09 AM   #2727
Brian
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (54)
Brian is close to perfectionBrian is close to perfectionBrian is close to perfectionBrian is close to perfectionBrian is close to perfectionBrian is close to perfectionBrian is close to perfectionBrian is close to perfectionBrian is close to perfectionBrian is close to perfectionBrian is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 54 reviews
Sounds good to me Damon.

To change your oil, do this;

take the drain bolt out.
drive the car for 10 minutes to get the oil out.
park it and put the bolt back in and fill up with new oil.
No need to change the filter. Just pour out the old oil.

To jack up car;

Drive onto some wood and put the jack wherever it will touch. Oil pan is ok because it's very strong.
Old 08-16-2012, 09:30 AM   #2728
CamryOnBronze
Post Whore!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian View Post
Sounds good to me Damon.

To change your oil, do this;

take the drain bolt out.
drive the car for 10 minutes to get the oil out.
park it and put the bolt back in and fill up with new oil.
No need to change the filter. Just pour out the old oil.

To jack up car;

Drive onto some wood and put the jack wherever it will touch. Oil pan is ok because it's very strong.
Hey, thank you for the input, Brian. You seem like a helpful forum contributor fellow that knows his stuff. I'm excited to change the oil in my car correctly!

CamryOnBronze.com
Old 08-16-2012, 09:49 AM   #2729
d-toxx

d-toxx is an unknown quantity at this point
was this car at the xceed speed bbq?
d-toxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2012, 10:55 AM   #2730
CamryOnBronze
Post Whore!

Quote:
Originally Posted by d-toxx View Post
was this car at the xceed speed bbq?
It was not at the one in June earlier this year because I didn't have it back on the road yet. It was at the one last fall and the spring one that I organized last year, though!

CamryOnBronze.com