Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Chat > Builds (and builds only)

Builds (and builds only) Got a build thread? It goes here, build threads anywhere else on the forum will be locked and never moved.

Old 06-26-2012, 07:29 PM   #2551
mysharonna
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (14)
mysharonna is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 14 reviews
Looks good! You should post up a sound clip of that exhaust!
mysharonna is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 06-26-2012, 11:30 PM   #2552
towlie
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (11)
towlie is just really nicetowlie is just really nicetowlie is just really nicetowlie is just really nicetowlie is just really nicetowlie is just really nicetowlie is just really nicetowlie is just really nicetowlie is just really nicetowlie is just really nice
Feedback Score: 11 reviews
So you're going out of your way to make wheels SMALLER?!

Unheard of.
towlie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2012, 11:48 PM   #2553
angeld12

Trader Rating: (2)
angeld12 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
I don't think he's making them smaller, he's just changing the offset so that he can run less camber.
angeld12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2012, 12:03 AM   #2554
208s14.5
Zilvia Member

208s14.5 is an unknown quantity at this point
i have been reading this thread for the past 5 days trying to get through all the pages, the car is absolutly amazing and a complete work of art. As for the height, with the comparison shots you gave us i can see where you think that car sits lower, i think it might be a combination of the different exhaust and poke/camber of the wheels gives it a lower apperence. Keep up the good work, and hope to see this thing in the flesh someday.
208s14.5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2012, 11:54 AM   #2555
CamryOnBronze
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (131)
CamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud of
Feedback Score: 131 reviews
Send a message via AIM to CamryOnBronze
Quote:
Originally Posted by mysharonna View Post
Looks good! You should post up a sound clip of that exhaust!
I'll for sure do a sound clip when the car is finished and on the road. I'm still surprised how much it sounds like my D-MAX catback that I had.

Quote:
Originally Posted by towlie View Post
So you're going out of your way to make wheels SMALLER?!

Unheard of.
Quote:
Originally Posted by angeld12 View Post
I don't think he's making them smaller, he's just changing the offset so that he can run less camber.
Correct. I'm just hoping to bring them in a few MM. I'm hoping to avoid changing the width at all costs so that I don't lose any lip.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 208s14.5 View Post
i have been reading this thread for the past 5 days trying to get through all the pages, the car is absolutly amazing and a complete work of art. As for the height, with the comparison shots you gave us i can see where you think that car sits lower, i think it might be a combination of the different exhaust and poke/camber of the wheels gives it a lower apperence. Keep up the good work, and hope to see this thing in the flesh someday.
haha, thanks a lot man! The height could for sure be in my head. I guess that tends to happen when your car hasn't been on the ground for 8 months and you have been daily driving a Toyota Matrix, lol.

---------------------------------------------------------------------

I finished up the installation of the hood pins last night. I'm pretty happy with the look and placement of them.

My wife really wanted to get me something car related for Father's day, and this happened to pop up for sale the next day- so I decided to snag it:

There isn't a lot of room in the bay with the PS reservoir and hot pipe in that location, but I think I can make it work. I have seen a few others pull it off, so I should be able to make it happen!

I dropped the hood off for paint and to have the old hood pin holes filled this morning, so hopefully that will be back in a week or two. My wife started having some contractions today, so I think the baby is going to show up pretty soon. That might stall my progress for a bit, but I'm waiting on things like the hood and wheels right now anyway.

My goal is to have the car finished and ready for the Another Level show in Chicago on July 28th, since I can't make it to Import Alliance this year with the newborn. Hopefully it will all come together before then! I've got a month from tomorrow to get it finished and officially roadworthy.

CamryOnBronze.com
CamryOnBronze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2012, 11:59 AM   #2556
future
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (42)
future is a name known to allfuture is a name known to allfuture is a name known to allfuture is a name known to allfuture is a name known to allfuture is a name known to allfuture is a name known to allfuture is a name known to allfuture is a name known to allfuture is a name known to allfuture is a name known to all
Feedback Score: 42 reviews
Goodluck! We will be wataching
future is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2012, 12:09 PM   #2557
KiLLeR2001
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (46)
KiLLeR2001 has much to be proud ofKiLLeR2001 has much to be proud ofKiLLeR2001 has much to be proud ofKiLLeR2001 has much to be proud ofKiLLeR2001 has much to be proud ofKiLLeR2001 has much to be proud ofKiLLeR2001 has much to be proud ofKiLLeR2001 has much to be proud ofKiLLeR2001 has much to be proud ofKiLLeR2001 has much to be proud ofKiLLeR2001 has much to be proud of
Feedback Score: 46 reviews
Hmm, can't say I agree with the hood pin placement. Usually you would find them on the outer edges of the hood (if the hood's vent is in the way).

Examples:
http://images.extremedimensions.com/...40sxd1hood.jpg
http://blog.bensonhsu.com/wp-content...108-160402.jpg

Old 06-27-2012, 12:20 PM   #2558
CamryOnBronze
Post Whore!

CamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud of
Everyone is entitled to their opinion. As cool as Extreme Dimensions is, I prefer how this guy does it:

I forgot to mention that the stainless washers on the pins are being sprayed with the hood, so only the actual lock assembly will be silver. The body shop just called and said it should be done next week.

CamryOnBronze.com
Old 06-27-2012, 10:45 PM   #2559
Style
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (10)
Style is on the path to ruinStyle is on the path to ruin
Feedback Score: 10 reviews
hey what kind of PS reservoir is that?
Old 06-27-2012, 11:05 PM   #2560
Persona
Zilvia Addict

Persona is an unknown quantity at this point
Looking fantastic Damon keep the updates coming I love every single thing you are doing to the car!
Old 06-27-2012, 11:52 PM   #2561
tqstarburst
Zilvia FREAK!

tqstarburst is an unknown quantity at this point
Looking better than ever man! Congrats on the baby and make sure he/she follows your steps, lol.
tqstarburst is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2012, 08:11 AM   #2562
ixfxi
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (3)
ixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
friends................... how many of us have them?

friends................ ones we can depend on

before we go any further, lets be....... friends
ixfxi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2012, 08:23 AM   #2563
Riq
Zilvia Addict

Riq is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by CamryOnBronze View Post
I'll for sure do a sound clip when the car is finished and on the road. I'm still surprised how much it sounds like my D-MAX catback that I had.

Correct. I'm just hoping to bring them in a few MM. I'm hoping to avoid changing the width at all costs so that I don't lose any lip.

haha, thanks a lot man! The height could for sure be in my head. I guess that tends to happen when your car hasn't been on the ground for 8 months and you have been daily driving a Toyota Matrix, lol.

---------------------------------------------------------------------

I finished up the installation of the hood pins last night. I'm pretty happy with the look and placement of them.

My wife really wanted to get me something car related for Father's day, and this happened to pop up for sale the next day- so I decided to snag it:

There isn't a lot of room in the bay with the PS reservoir and hot pipe in that location, but I think I can make it work. I have seen a few others pull it off, so I should be able to make it happen!

I dropped the hood off for paint and to have the old hood pin holes filled this morning, so hopefully that will be back in a week or two. My wife started having some contractions today, so I think the baby is going to show up pretty soon. That might stall my progress for a bit, but I'm waiting on things like the hood and wheels right now anyway.

My goal is to have the car finished and ready for the Another Level show in Chicago on July 28th, since I can't make it to Import Alliance this year with the newborn. Hopefully it will all come together before then! I've got a month from tomorrow to get it finished and officially roadworthy.
Nice congrats on the Air box. I have one in my car as well. I was able to make it work with the factory Smic setup so you should be more than fine clearing it there.
Riq is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2012, 10:30 AM   #2564
niscur29
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (14)
niscur29 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 14 reviews
Quote:
Everyone is entitled to their opinion. As cool as Extreme Dimensions is, I prefer how this guy does it:

I forgot to mention that the stainless washers on the pins are being sprayed with the hood, so only the actual lock assembly will be silver. The body shop just called and said it should be done next week.
Im using the same pins and im putting them in the same spot. Thanks for posting the pics now I know theres room to the washers there. What did you do with the inside washer? Did you remove the inner skin to get it on etc?
niscur29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2012, 11:37 AM   #2565
leung
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (73)
leung is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 73 reviews
Sweet, I was thinking about picking up that ARC box too when I saw it. You always beat me to things like those endless brakes

And I thought the ARC box is only compatible with the stock maf?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Style View Post
It's a chase bays PS kit.
leung is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2012, 02:15 PM   #2566
教授ドリフト

Trader Rating: (0)
教授ドリフト is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Hey! Do you wanna keep the front wheels in white or do you wanna chrome them?
Old 06-28-2012, 03:36 PM   #2567
CamryOnBronze
Post Whore!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Style View Post
Chase Bays power steering kit, which includes the reservoir, braided nylon lines with -AN fititngs, and the fittings required for installation. No complaints about the kit from me yet!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Persona View Post
Looking fantastic Damon keep the updates coming I love every single thing you are doing to the car!
Quote:
Originally Posted by tqstarburst View Post
Looking better than ever man! Congrats on the baby and make sure he/she follows your steps, lol.
Thanks guys!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ixfxi View Post
friends................... how many of us have them?

friends................ ones we can depend on

before we go any further, lets be....... friends
BFF <3 lol

Quote:
Originally Posted by Riq View Post
Nice congrats on the Air box. I have one in my car as well. I was able to make it work with the factory Smic setup so you should be more than fine clearing it there.
That's good to hear. I think it was actually designed to be used with the stock SMIC based on the way it fits, but I could be totally wrong on that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by niscur29 View Post
Im using the same pins and im putting them in the same spot. Thanks for posting the pics now I know theres room to the washers there. What did you do with the inside washer? Did you remove the inner skin to get it on etc?
I didn't install the inside washer during the initial install/test fit. I have two sets of pins that are identical- the Cusco ones and some Mr. Gasket ones I initially bought from Summit. The Summit ones had instructions, and I noticed they didn't mention actually installing one washer on the back side. So I'm not sure if I will or not... we'll see when I get the hood back

Quote:
Originally Posted by leung View Post
Sweet, I was thinking about picking up that ARC box too when I saw it. You always beat me to things like those endless brakes

And I thought the ARC box is only compatible with the stock maf?
haha, sorry man! I thought the same thing about the stock MAF, but I noticed that this one had holes for both the stock MAF and the Z32 MAF. From what I can tell, someone drilled an extra set of holes to make it work. I just need to buy some hardware for it and get it all mounted up.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 教授ドリフト View Post
Hey! Do you wanna keep the front wheels in white or do you wanna chrome them?
These front wheels are purely a temporary pair to allow me to test drive the car. I bought 12 Blitz Type 03 in the past few months, and sold ones I did not need. I kept these two to use as spares until my 17x9.5 +10 front pair is completed at WheelFlip.

The current fronts are bare aluminum- they were painted black when I got them, so Kyle and I stripped the paint off and I haven't gotten around to doing anything with them yet. I will probably paint the centers silver before I sell them. You are correct though- the refinished front wheels will be fully polished just like the rear pair.

-----------------------------------------------------------------

Whew- no car updates or progress from me today. My wife started having contractions last night, so we went to the hospital- but she had not progressed enough for us to stay. We have been home today with a lot of contractions, so I am thinking we are going to have this baby within 48 hours. We'll see what happens, but if I disappear for a few days that's why!

CamryOnBronze.com
Old 06-28-2012, 03:41 PM   #2568
xoxide
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (21)
xoxide is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 21 reviews
Quote:
As cool as Extreme Dimensions is, I prefer how this guy does it:
Made me lol.

Your car is so awesome, cant wait to see if finished!
xoxide is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2012, 09:23 AM   #2569
CleanAndLegit
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (55)
CleanAndLegit is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 55 reviews
Quote:
I stayed up late and got the interior completely reassembled last night. I just need to settle on a location for the Power FC and everything should be set.

I also replaced the fender, headlight bracket, and cooling panel hardware with stainless button head hardware. Not really a big deal, but looks a lot better than it did:

My next project will be replacing the subframe bushings and installing the Z32 rear brake setup! It should be just about ready to roll when that stuff is done...

i had a question does your glovebox clear the cage? or is it nonfunctional? and also i think i see that you had to remove the window visors, just wondering since i just got my cage aswell and well i had to remove visors and also nonfunctional glovebox.
Old 06-29-2012, 09:27 AM   #2570
kyles1988
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (12)
kyles1988 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 12 reviews
Damon's wife is in labor so I'll answer this. (step brothers, etc)

On a cusco dash escape cage you can open the glovebox a few inches, enough to get your hand in there.

You also have to remove your window visors. Cusco, as well as some other companies, make clamp on visors that you can use instead.

Last edited by kyles1988; 06-29-2012 at 10:37 AM..
kyles1988 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2012, 10:36 AM   #2571
tricky_ab
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (23)
tricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud of
Feedback Score: 23 reviews
Good luck with the delivery!
tricky_ab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2012, 10:52 AM   #2572
Pinggg
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (22)
Pinggg is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 22 reviews
Good luck buddy!
Pinggg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2012, 11:29 AM   #2573
future
Post Whore!

future is a name known to allfuture is a name known to allfuture is a name known to allfuture is a name known to allfuture is a name known to allfuture is a name known to allfuture is a name known to allfuture is a name known to allfuture is a name known to allfuture is a name known to allfuture is a name known to all
Pictures of the bebe!
Old 06-29-2012, 11:31 AM   #2574
WanganNastyMachine
Zilvia Junkie

WanganNastyMachine is an unknown quantity at this point
Best of luck to you and your significant other Damon!
WanganNastyMachine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2012, 02:30 PM   #2575
ixfxi
Post Whore!

ixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfection
Quote:
Whew- no car updates or progress from me today. My wife started having contractions last night, so we went to the hospital- but she had not progressed enough for us to stay. We have been home today with a lot of contractions, so I am thinking we are going to have this baby within 48 hours. We'll see what happens, but if I disappear for a few days that's why!
Quote:
Originally Posted by kyles1988 View Post
what the FUCK

we want updates, we dont care about family matters.

seriously, what nerve. we're talking about a CAR here, a fucking 240 ESS EXX...

i mean what could be more important than this?

fuckit, im unsubscribing. oh wait, i never subscribe to threads. hey damon, i wish you and your wife good luck..!

(anyone wanna put money down as to when this car will be up for sale?) :-)
Old 06-29-2012, 03:30 PM   #2576
CleanAndLegit
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (55)
CleanAndLegit is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 55 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by kyles1988 View Post

On a cusco dash escape cage you can open the glovebox a few inches, enough to get your hand in there.

You also have to remove your window visors. Cusco, as well as some other companies, make clamp on visors that you can use instead.

thanks i thought so, i just bought my cusco so thats why i was asking making sure mine wasn't irregular, anyway good luck to his wife hope his baby comes out nice and healthy!
Old 07-02-2012, 11:46 AM   #2577
ixfxi
Post Whore!

this is weird

thread not getting updated for 2-3 days.......

im concerned
Old 07-02-2012, 08:08 PM   #2578
Magical Trevor
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (8)
Magical Trevor is a jewel in the roughMagical Trevor is a jewel in the roughMagical Trevor is a jewel in the roughMagical Trevor is a jewel in the roughMagical Trevor is a jewel in the roughMagical Trevor is a jewel in the roughMagical Trevor is a jewel in the roughMagical Trevor is a jewel in the rough
Feedback Score: 8 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Magical Trevor
I know they just got home from the hospital today.
Magical Trevor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2012, 08:18 PM   #2579
Arireese
BANNED

Arireese is an unknown quantity at this point
i saw facebook and instagram pictures of stuff that had nothing to do with cars..

this is starting to feel like broadfields thread..i keep looking at it and nothing changes.

=/
Arireese is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2012, 09:13 PM   #2580
future
Post Whore!

And everytime somebody bumps it i think there is a update