Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Chat

Chat General Discussion About The Nissan 240SX and Nissan Z Cars

Old 04-07-2016, 05:51 PM   #2341
BossHogg
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (16)
BossHogg is just really niceBossHogg is just really niceBossHogg is just really niceBossHogg is just really niceBossHogg is just really niceBossHogg is just really niceBossHogg is just really niceBossHogg is just really nice
Feedback Score: 16 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ronald_Mcdonald View Post
White is so right on grey.

Check out Stewart Leasks R32. He just put on some white Regas, and it looks so good.
That does not look good at all to me lol. Bronze, silver and black all look better before white. Just my opinion though. White wheels are a hard sell in general to me. But at least the lmgt1 have a polished lip going for them. The silver ones just always looked better to me for some reason.
Old 04-10-2016, 01:19 PM   #2342
Darkcr3w
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (4)
Darkcr3w is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 4 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by CamryOnBronze View Post
When you consider the current value of a used OEM S13 front bumper, his statement makes sense:

S13 zenki bumper: $FREE
S13 chuki bumper: $50
S13 kouki bumper: $500+

I've heard numerous horror stories, but I can't say I have had a bad experience thus far. I've only used Buyee once or twice though. It seems that they block more and more car related items from being purchased daily though. Streeter is just much nicer and faster to work with IMO, even for really small items.

Hope you're able to get the situation sorted out!

That is unfortunate. All I can really complain about with buyee is that I applied for protective packaging on an item once and they tripled the weight, which I didn't expect to happen and my only option became seapost. Jesse will always make sure your packages are good and secured for no additional charge, and he will combine items for you without a fee, which buyee charges. I have had several small items shipped to me through buyee to try and save a couple of dollars, and I have found it to be too much of a pain dealing with a company that you have to fight with just to buy most car parts. At the end of the day I would still use Jesse and that's what I do now. I would rather support his business.
Darkcr3w is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2016, 02:52 PM   #2343
Maximum
BANNED

Trader Rating: (0)
Maximum is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkcr3w View Post
That is unfortunate. All I can really complain about with buyee is that I applied for protective packaging on an item once and they tripled the weight, which I didn't expect to happen and my only option became seapost. Jesse will always make sure your packages are good and secured for no additional charge, and he will combine items for you without a fee, which buyee charges. I have had several small items shipped to me through buyee to try and save a couple of dollars, and I have found it to be too much of a pain dealing with a company that you have to fight with just to buy most car parts. At the end of the day I would still use Jesse and that's what I do now. I would rather support his business.
I enjoy Streeter's services, but for small items that are very low cost, its not really worth it to go through streeter as he charges a 1k yen fee no matter what, which sometimes makes buyee worth it with the added convenience that everything is automated and the fees aren't as steep when considering low cost items. Both have their perks. I think my issue is being resolved though, they are "reviewing" my evidence I have sent towards buyee, and im hoping they will buy me the me part I was supposed to get + shipped free of charge.
Maximum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2016, 04:21 PM   #2344
Darkcr3w
Zilvia Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maximum View Post
I enjoy Streeter's services, but for small items that are very low cost, its not really worth it to go through streeter as he charges a 1k yen fee no matter what, which sometimes makes buyee worth it with the added convenience that everything is automated and the fees aren't as steep when considering low cost items. Both have their perks. I think my issue is being resolved though, they are "reviewing" my evidence I have sent towards buyee, and im hoping they will buy me the me part I was supposed to get + shipped free of charge.

I understand where you are coming from. For example with buying a small blitz gauge the buyee fees would be 500 yen and 200 yen = 6.46 USD

And Jesse would charge 1,000 with a 300 yen bank fee = 12.03

It's a $5.57 difference but it's up to you guys.
Old 04-10-2016, 05:51 PM   #2345
tricky_ab
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (23)
tricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud of
Feedback Score: 23 reviews
Pfft, for the difference of that little I'm going to support Streeter so that he can continue to provide me with the crazy amounts of parts he's shipped for me over the years.

Back for round two... 4 doors this time around...
tricky_ab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2016, 07:52 PM   #2346
Maximum
BANNED

Maximum is an unknown quantity at this point
The one issue I do have with streeter is he's told me before what other people's max bids are, if there is competition on an item. It can be an advantage, or a disadvantage depending on which way you see it, but one major flaw in this, is it dramatically drives up auction the price of the item. For example I was bidding on a pair of wheels, told him my max bid etc all good. Day or two passes by and he asks me if i want to raise my max bid as their max bid (another customer of his) is now x value and they will win the auction, so I raised my max bid, im in the lead, and again I get outbid, tells me other customer raised his max bid to x amount, and if I want to continue. Its just not really (for lack of better words) ethical?
Maximum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2016, 07:52 PM   #2347
rbpwrd240
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (19)
rbpwrd240 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 19 reviews
Jesse is a 500 Yen bank fee not 300 and he does charge 1000 yen to combine items if they dont arrive within the same week.

I still choose Jesse unless Im worried the item may sell before he gets back to me so in those cases I use Buyee.
rbpwrd240 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2016, 08:03 PM   #2348
Darkcr3w
Zilvia Member

Well since he had another customer bidding on the same auction as you it would take more of his time up to just let you know you've been outbid and have you keep entering bid increases until you finally pass them. It sounds like it was easier for him to just tell you what his customers max bid was to speed the process up. You agreed to partake in a bidding war (for lack of better words) ,and there aren't only other brokers who can match his prices. For large items auctions like wheels etc.

If you would like to avoid bidding wars use up-garage or croooober etc. Those websites have set prices.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 04-11-2016, 11:10 AM   #2349
tuzzio
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (3)
tuzzio is close to perfectiontuzzio is close to perfectiontuzzio is close to perfectiontuzzio is close to perfectiontuzzio is close to perfectiontuzzio is close to perfectiontuzzio is close to perfectiontuzzio is close to perfectiontuzzio is close to perfectiontuzzio is close to perfectiontuzzio is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
http://page17.auctions.yahoo.co.jp/j...ion/v455539970
tuzzio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2016, 08:06 PM   #2350
yomisiu
Nissanaholic!

yomisiu is making a name for him/her selfyomisiu is making a name for him/her selfyomisiu is making a name for him/her self
edit: whoopsie
yomisiu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2016, 09:06 PM   #2351
KAT-PWR
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (11)
KAT-PWR is just really niceKAT-PWR is just really niceKAT-PWR is just really niceKAT-PWR is just really niceKAT-PWR is just really niceKAT-PWR is just really niceKAT-PWR is just really niceKAT-PWR is just really niceKAT-PWR is just really nice
Feedback Score: 11 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maximum View Post
The one issue I do have with streeter is he's told me before what other people's max bids are, if there is competition on an item. It can be an advantage, or a disadvantage depending on which way you see it, but one major flaw in this, is it dramatically drives up auction the price of the item. For example I was bidding on a pair of wheels, told him my max bid etc all good. Day or two passes by and he asks me if i want to raise my max bid as their max bid (another customer of his) is now x value and they will win the auction, so I raised my max bid, im in the lead, and again I get outbid, tells me other customer raised his max bid to x amount, and if I want to continue. Its just not really (for lack of better words) ethical?
In that type of situation he is doing both parties a real solid favor. He's cutting right to the chase for both of you, and providing you a better opportunity to win the item. If he just didn't tell you, say you really wanted the item and were willing to increase bid but he stayed quiet unless you realized you were losing the auction and messaged him to increase bid. He eliminates all the fuckery and provides both people with the same opportunity to win an item they want.
Jesse works on flat rate fees from what I understand so driving the auction price up does him no good... By telling both parties his own customers are bidding on something he saves everyone a bunch of time.
You want to bid on something and streeter says "well dudes max bid is X amount" and you think "hmm that's too high I'm not paying that" Streeter just saved you a ton of time.

If you looked at these transactions like gambling and get excitement from the mystery and suspense, he wipes that right out of the equation. It is a business and he treats it as such.
Old 04-18-2016, 08:34 AM   #2352
da_crew10
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (14)
da_crew10 has a reputation beyond reputeda_crew10 has a reputation beyond reputeda_crew10 has a reputation beyond reputeda_crew10 has a reputation beyond reputeda_crew10 has a reputation beyond reputeda_crew10 has a reputation beyond reputeda_crew10 has a reputation beyond reputeda_crew10 has a reputation beyond reputeda_crew10 has a reputation beyond reputeda_crew10 has a reputation beyond reputeda_crew10 has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 14 reviews
^^^^

There have been times where my max bid was beat by another person using his services. I really appreciated the fact that he told me the max bid. Some times I have gone ahead and beat the max bid but there are others where the max bid was too high and thus saving me time and money. He is a professional, do not question the man!
da_crew10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2016, 10:55 AM   #2353
RB25GUY
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (9)
RB25GUY is a name known to allRB25GUY is a name known to allRB25GUY is a name known to allRB25GUY is a name known to allRB25GUY is a name known to allRB25GUY is a name known to allRB25GUY is a name known to allRB25GUY is a name known to allRB25GUY is a name known to allRB25GUY is a name known to allRB25GUY is a name known to all
Feedback Score: 9 reviews
BN Sports zeta on yaj opening bid is set at 88k yen

RB25GUY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2016, 02:56 PM   #2354
yomisiu
Nissanaholic!

yomisiu is making a name for him/her selfyomisiu is making a name for him/her selfyomisiu is making a name for him/her self
mfw i'm too poor

Old 04-19-2016, 08:12 PM   #2355
RB25GUY
Nissanaholic!

RB25GUY is a name known to allRB25GUY is a name known to allRB25GUY is a name known to allRB25GUY is a name known to allRB25GUY is a name known to allRB25GUY is a name known to allRB25GUY is a name known to allRB25GUY is a name known to allRB25GUY is a name known to allRB25GUY is a name known to allRB25GUY is a name known to all
Quote:
Originally Posted by RB25GUY View Post
at auction

just did quick steam and vacuum over it today happy with the results

Old 04-20-2016, 12:37 AM   #2356
zwzweston
Zilvia Member

zwzweston is an unknown quantity at this point
All these seats are killing me. RB25GUY, that looks sweeeeett

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk
Old 04-21-2016, 08:41 AM   #2357
tuzzio
Post Whore!

tuzzio is close to perfectiontuzzio is close to perfectiontuzzio is close to perfectiontuzzio is close to perfectiontuzzio is close to perfectiontuzzio is close to perfectiontuzzio is close to perfectiontuzzio is close to perfectiontuzzio is close to perfectiontuzzio is close to perfectiontuzzio is close to perfection
Pretty neat.

http://page24.auctions.yahoo.co.jp/j...ion/q103520182
Old 04-22-2016, 01:26 PM   #2358
C. Anderson
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (17)
C. Anderson has a reputation beyond reputeC. Anderson has a reputation beyond reputeC. Anderson has a reputation beyond reputeC. Anderson has a reputation beyond reputeC. Anderson has a reputation beyond reputeC. Anderson has a reputation beyond reputeC. Anderson has a reputation beyond reputeC. Anderson has a reputation beyond reputeC. Anderson has a reputation beyond reputeC. Anderson has a reputation beyond reputeC. Anderson has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 17 reviews
Not Yahoo Japan auctions but a rare jdm option for the s14

http://www.ebay.com/itm/JDM-NISSAN-S...9Vol3N&vxp=mtr
C. Anderson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2016, 02:12 PM   #2359
yomisiu
Nissanaholic!

thought i'd give buyee a shot.

ordered something just before the weekend on the 21st and it arrived today via USPS. pretty quick for standard shipping!

the box got a little squished but my fragile contents remained unscathed.

overall, i'm satisfied and would use them again for smaller, cheaper items.
Old 04-25-2016, 05:07 PM   #2360
a13x.
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (2)
a13x. is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
http://page7.auctions.yahoo.co.jp/jp/auction/g171566063

these knobs getting expensive lol. Thinking about selling mine.
IG: a13x89
a13x. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2016, 10:07 AM   #2361
souljaseth33
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (5)
souljaseth33 is a name known to allsouljaseth33 is a name known to allsouljaseth33 is a name known to allsouljaseth33 is a name known to allsouljaseth33 is a name known to allsouljaseth33 is a name known to allsouljaseth33 is a name known to allsouljaseth33 is a name known to allsouljaseth33 is a name known to allsouljaseth33 is a name known to allsouljaseth33 is a name known to all
Feedback Score: 5 reviews
Send a message via AIM to souljaseth33
Picked up these three in one swoop!

souljaseth33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2016, 10:24 AM   #2362
1gr8bar10der
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (77)
1gr8bar10der is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 77 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by a13x. View Post
http://page7.auctions.yahoo.co.jp/jp/auction/g171566063

these knobs getting expensive lol. Thinking about selling mine.
IG: a13x89
Anything Nismo for that metter lol. Glad I got my steering wheel a long time ago.
Old 04-27-2016, 11:09 AM   #2363
STR8 H8N
BANNED

STR8 H8N is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by RB25GUY View Post
just did quick steam and vacuum over it today happy with the results

what about the hole doe?
STR8 H8N is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2016, 01:58 PM   #2364
RB25GUY
Nissanaholic!

Well the two holes I'm not worried about not going on a show car. Gonna be a passanger seat gonna see If this interior restoration place can patch it up its near the seamline so I think it can be saved
Old 04-27-2016, 05:10 PM   #2365
undesiredshoe
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (2)
undesiredshoe is a glorious beacon of lightundesiredshoe is a glorious beacon of lightundesiredshoe is a glorious beacon of lightundesiredshoe is a glorious beacon of lightundesiredshoe is a glorious beacon of lightundesiredshoe is a glorious beacon of lightundesiredshoe is a glorious beacon of lightundesiredshoe is a glorious beacon of lightundesiredshoe is a glorious beacon of lightundesiredshoe is a glorious beacon of lightundesiredshoe is a glorious beacon of light
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Send a message via AIM to undesiredshoe
Bought the top four wheels off YAJ through Jesse Streeter. Shipping took two days...talk about over night parts from Japan.

Old 04-27-2016, 08:17 PM   #2366
theStig880
Zilvia Junkie

theStig880 is on a distinguished road
^^^ Damn good pickup. Theres a set right now on there that Im eyeballing right now. Seriously though, Jesse's shipping is absurd. It takes longer to get to him in Japan then it does to get to me on the East coast.
Old 05-02-2016, 01:35 AM   #2367
Po_31
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (28)
Po_31 has a spectacular aura aboutPo_31 has a spectacular aura aboutPo_31 has a spectacular aura aboutPo_31 has a spectacular aura aboutPo_31 has a spectacular aura aboutPo_31 has a spectacular aura about
Feedback Score: 28 reviews
how do i get i contact with this guy anyone knows i would like to purchased couple of things
Po_31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2016, 01:38 AM   #2368
Malik
Nissanaholic!

Malik has a brilliant futureMalik has a brilliant futureMalik has a brilliant futureMalik has a brilliant futureMalik has a brilliant futureMalik has a brilliant futureMalik has a brilliant futureMalik has a brilliant futureMalik has a brilliant futureMalik has a brilliant futureMalik has a brilliant future
check the first page of this thread
Malik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2016, 01:21 PM   #2369
tuzzio
Post Whore!

Nah, we all just talk about streeter but were unsure how to contact him
Old 05-03-2016, 05:45 AM   #2370
Sileighty_85
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (8)
Sileighty_85 is close to perfectionSileighty_85 is close to perfectionSileighty_85 is close to perfectionSileighty_85 is close to perfectionSileighty_85 is close to perfectionSileighty_85 is close to perfectionSileighty_85 is close to perfectionSileighty_85 is close to perfectionSileighty_85 is close to perfectionSileighty_85 is close to perfectionSileighty_85 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 8 reviews
I did a thing.....FML.

Always wanted a set though. Think they will look pretty good on the S13.

Probably the last thing ill buy for the next 2-3 months.

But only paid 60,000Yen though.

17x8 and 17x9

1986 SR86 - 200ish
1990 R32 GTR - 320hp
Don't Buy Engines from JDM-Online http://zilvia.net/f/businesses/207457-jdm-online.html
Don't Buy XS-Power or SSAC Shit
Sileighty_85 is offline   Reply With Quote