Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Chat > Builds (and builds only)

Builds (and builds only) Got a build thread? It goes here, build threads anywhere else on the forum will be locked and never moved.

Old 04-20-2012, 10:53 AM   #2281
CamryOnBronze
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (131)
CamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud of
Feedback Score: 131 reviews
Send a message via AIM to CamryOnBronze
Yep, fortunately it clears everything just fine! I'll have to get some shots showing clearance and whatnot when the interior is back together. I cut the carpet to allow the bar to pass through, but cover the mounting plates- similar to what I did for the cage. Wasn't too tight of a fit at all, though. (TWSS)

CamryOnBronze.com
CamryOnBronze is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 04-20-2012, 02:28 PM   #2282
killer240
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (24)
killer240 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 24 reviews
[QUOTE=scottie;4630165]

I want a setup like this but a little spaced out to each other. thats baller

Just curious, where are you relocating the battery? those battery wires are pretty short but beefy

btw i really like your cage and bars setup, thats how i would have it on my car if i were to have it now.

Cuso+miracleX+doluck fuuuuuuuuuuck thats titz
QUOTE]
killer240 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2012, 02:28 PM   #2283
killer240
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (24)
killer240 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 24 reviews
damn it, its done this to me twice already
killer240 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2012, 06:15 PM   #2284
EazyS13
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (0)
EazyS13 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Dude car looks great, and who cares about the fuse block mount it wont be seen so as long as it works right, also that thing must handle like a dream with all that support in there lol
EazyS13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2012, 06:20 PM   #2285
ill.
Zilvia Member

ill. is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by killer240 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by scottie View Post

I want a setup like this but a little spaced out to each other. thats baller

Just curious, where are you relocating the battery? those battery wires are pretty short but beefy

btw i really like your cage and bars setup, thats how i would have it on my car if i were to have it now.

Cusco+miracleX+doluck fuuuuuuuuuuck thats titz
I believe this is what you meant to do? You edited out half the quotation code.

And where he's putting his battery is on the previous page?

P.S. Looks really good Damon, I think you might win the race haha.
Old 04-21-2012, 10:56 AM   #2286
CamryOnBronze
Post Whore!

CamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud of
Quote:
Originally Posted by EazyS13 View Post
that thing must handle like a dream with all that support in there lol
haha, you'd think so...

As posted on the previous page, the battery will be mounted in the spare tire well.

I didn't have much time, but I managed to install the clutch fan, shroud, radiator, hoses, and intercooler last night before leaving for the in-law's for the weekend. I snuck out of the baby shower to make this post, lol.

The main engine harness is installed. I need to lengthen the lower engine harness, and then that will be in good shape as well. Hopefully it will be ready to start up by this time next weekend. I'm going to slap it together with the current parts I have, make sure it runs, and then go back through it to pretty things up/replace some things/ do the new valve cover. My T-bolt clamps for the coolant hoses are on backorder for a couple weeks, and I need to order black couplers for the intercooler piping as well. Lots of little doo-dads like that. All in due time!

CamryOnBronze.com
Old 04-21-2012, 01:36 PM   #2287
tricky_ab
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (23)
tricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud of
Feedback Score: 23 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by CamryOnBronze View Post

I didn't have much time, but I managed to install the clutch fan, shroud, radiator, hoses, and intercooler last night before leaving for the in-law's for the weekend. I snuck out of the baby shower to make this post, lol.
Someone local buy this man a drink HAHA...Thanks for keeping us updated
tricky_ab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2012, 11:10 AM   #2288
CamryOnBronze
Post Whore!

lol, I do what I can man!

I got a chance to work on it quite a bit yesterday. I finished all of the interior wiring, shortened the lower engine harness and installed that, put the downpipe and exhaust back on, installed the fuel lines (temporary until i replace the fuel setup later this spring,) and finished the battery relocation.

It was nice to hear the door chime and the fuel pump prime after about five months!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PkxSqBKEk6g

I should be able to fire it up this weekend! If I don't hit any major snags, that is- lol.

And finally- one shameless plug. Cusco strut braces!

http://zilvia.net/f/sale-items/44919...-bars-s13.html

CamryOnBronze.com
Old 04-23-2012, 11:15 AM   #2289
Edwin562
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (35)
Edwin562 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 35 reviews
such a beautiful sound. lol
Edwin562 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2012, 12:28 PM   #2290
KiLLeR2001
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (46)
KiLLeR2001 has much to be proud ofKiLLeR2001 has much to be proud ofKiLLeR2001 has much to be proud ofKiLLeR2001 has much to be proud ofKiLLeR2001 has much to be proud ofKiLLeR2001 has much to be proud ofKiLLeR2001 has much to be proud ofKiLLeR2001 has much to be proud ofKiLLeR2001 has much to be proud ofKiLLeR2001 has much to be proud ofKiLLeR2001 has much to be proud of
Feedback Score: 46 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Edwin562 View Post
such a beautiful sound. lol
My friend's ask me why don't I remove the door chime. I tell them they are out of their damn minds, that sound is too nostalgic for me, if mine went out today I would buy another one. LOL
Old 04-23-2012, 12:32 PM   #2291
daftphunk
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (8)
daftphunk is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 8 reviews
Damnit, whenever I think about selling my car or ceasing parts purchases, I accidentally look at this thread and the mod bug gets me again.

Good stuff as always, can't wait to see it all back together.
daftphunk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2012, 12:46 PM   #2292
spartanmisfit
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (18)
spartanmisfit is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 18 reviews
Doin michigan proud Damon.
spartanmisfit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2012, 01:29 PM   #2293
Om1kron
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (15)
Om1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 15 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by KiLLeR2001 View Post
My friend's ask me why don't I remove the door chime. I tell them they are out of their damn minds, that sound is too nostalgic for me, if mine went out today I would buy another one. LOL
Jeff disabled mine a long time ago and I've been way too lazy to find out where to plug it back in.
Old 04-23-2012, 01:38 PM   #2294
Edwin562
Post Whore!

I took mine off, annoys the crap out of me... im glad i did, best mod ever.
Old 04-23-2012, 06:04 PM   #2295
EazyS13
Zilvia Member

EazyS13 is an unknown quantity at this point
lookin funky fresh as usual
EazyS13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2012, 09:28 PM   #2296
S14DB
AFC #1

Trader Rating: (3)
S14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
ProTip: Turn the phone sideways for widescreen...

I forget about mine. Start the car up with the door open and I'm like what's wrong? S13 is a much nicer tone than the S14.
Old 04-23-2012, 10:46 PM   #2297
Darren
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (1)
Darren is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Lookin' good as always Damon! Coming into the home stretch!
Darren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2012, 08:39 AM   #2298
CamryOnBronze
Post Whore!

Quote:
Originally Posted by S14DB View Post
ProTip: Turn the phone sideways for widescreen...

I forget about mine. Start the car up with the door open and I'm like what's wrong? S13 is a much nicer tone than the S14.
lol! The last time I tried that, the video uploaded upside down. I hate my stupid phone... but the user isn't exactly a tech whiz either, lol.

Not a lot to report, other than my rear brake lines showing up yesterday:

I might have some time to work on it a little bit tonight.

CamryOnBronze.com
Old 04-24-2012, 10:44 AM   #2299
lflkajfj12123

Trader Rating: (20)
lflkajfj12123 is close to perfectionlflkajfj12123 is close to perfectionlflkajfj12123 is close to perfectionlflkajfj12123 is close to perfectionlflkajfj12123 is close to perfectionlflkajfj12123 is close to perfectionlflkajfj12123 is close to perfectionlflkajfj12123 is close to perfectionlflkajfj12123 is close to perfectionlflkajfj12123 is close to perfectionlflkajfj12123 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 20 reviews
LRD Racing
lflkajfj12123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2012, 08:55 AM   #2300
CamryOnBronze
Post Whore!

^ I don't know what that means. lol

Last night was another busy night, but I managed to sneak into the garage for about twenty five minutes or so to get some work done. When we replaced the metal where the battery tray used to be, I didn’t have a way to tell where to cut the hole for the intercooler piping without dropping the engine back in. Since that would have been a lot of work, I decided to just cut it after the bay was painted- even though I had no idea how I was going to do it.

I’ve been thinking about how to approach this for a while now, and am pleased to say I figured out a solution yesterday. I’m sure there are easier ways to go about it, but this is what I came up with:

1. Wrap the intercooler pipe that needs to pass through the sheet metal in painter’s tape, sticky side OUT. Wrap tightly so that you get the exact shape of the piping:

Wrap it again, this time with the sticky side towards the piping. You should have the pipe covered in tape without any stickiness touching the outside or the pipe itself.

2. Carefully cut the tape off of the intercooler piping. Be sure not to smash it up or anything so that it maintains its shape:

3. Tape the “mock” pipe back together along the seam that you just cut to remove it from the actual piping. Install it into position, trimming away any extra tape at the bottom until the mock pipe is flush with the metal of the bay :

4. Draw a circle onto the metal (or tape over the metal in this case) to show where the piping will run through the sheet metal:

5. Cut the hole in the sheet metal. I used my power drill and a 3.5″ hole saw bit that I picked up from Home Depot.

And wallah! If things went well for you, you should have a pretty solid looking pass-through for your intercooler piping. Mine could have been centered a little better and the hole diamater could have been a little smaller probably, but I am really happy with how it turned out. The size of this hole matches the one in the other side of the bay that was there when I bought the car.

I’m really pleased with how the bay is coming together. Keep in mind that I have to make a second pass through and add some more small details- nice hardware, new valve cover setup, -AN fittings and lines, a new fuel setup, etc. For now I am just going to get the car running to ensure that the wiring is in good shape, get the interior back together, and then get into the fine details while I wait for my wheels to be done!

Not a lot else needs to be in the bay. The coolant overflow will be under the cooling shroud, so that won’t be seen. The only other items coming into the bay to make the car run will be the MAF, intake pipe/filter, and the boost controller. Should be pretty happy with it when I am done!

CamryOnBronze.com
Old 04-25-2012, 09:01 AM   #2301
MidwestMyriad
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (20)
MidwestMyriad is making a name for him/her selfMidwestMyriad is making a name for him/her self
Feedback Score: 20 reviews
Don't forget to put some rubber tubing or some kind of grommet on that piping hole
Old 04-25-2012, 09:04 AM   #2302
Edwin562
Post Whore!

looks great dude. im going to try your method on drilling a clean hole for the cold pipe. one thing that bugs me is a hole for the cold pipe that looks like the hulk punch thru it.
Old 04-25-2012, 09:17 AM   #2303
colombianbryan
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (8)
colombianbryan is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 8 reviews
I check out your thread almost every morning to see if there is a new update. One of my favorite builds i have ever seen!
Old 04-25-2012, 10:16 AM   #2304
da_crew10
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (14)
da_crew10 has a reputation beyond reputeda_crew10 has a reputation beyond reputeda_crew10 has a reputation beyond reputeda_crew10 has a reputation beyond reputeda_crew10 has a reputation beyond reputeda_crew10 has a reputation beyond reputeda_crew10 has a reputation beyond reputeda_crew10 has a reputation beyond reputeda_crew10 has a reputation beyond reputeda_crew10 has a reputation beyond reputeda_crew10 has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 14 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by colombianbryan View Post
I check out your thread almost every morning to see if there is a new update. One of my favorite builds i have ever seen!
Same here lol !
Keep up the good work sir!
da_crew10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2012, 11:29 AM   #2305
Om1kron
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (15)
Om1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 15 reviews
edit (the picture of your engine bay from the front gave the illusion there was an a/n male fitting on the rear exhaust side of your valve cover. that's the block, my bad) but I'll leave the below either way.

please tell me your rear -an fitting on the valve cover going back to the block drainback is -10 if you're going to run. I guess I ran into the snafu of welding -8's because that's what I got on everything else, and turns out -8 is way too small for that fucker out back and that's my bad. I dunno why I decided to make everything -8 last minute. I knew I was going to make the rear one -10 for some reason And now I have to run a -8 to -10 expander fitting because I'm too lazy to buy the -10 weldon and re-paint this valve cover lol.
Old 04-25-2012, 02:53 PM   #2306
Matej
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (39)
Matej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 39 reviews
Do the valve cover fittings need to be hooked up on an SR? I was going to remove the PCV system and the valve cover fittings like I did on my KA because long hair don't care.
Matej is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2012, 04:03 PM   #2307
leung
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (73)
leung is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 73 reviews
I heard on the SR you need them to relieve pressure and blow-by. Theyre definitely functional though.
leung is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2012, 04:12 PM   #2308
Matej
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (39)
Matej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 39 reviews
Well, they would not be capped off, just left open. I know the S13 valve cover squirts out a considerable amount of oil, but I assume that should not be a problem with the S14/S15 valve cover baffle.
Sorry for cluttering up the thread.
Matej is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2012, 05:36 PM   #2309
va240dude
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (161)
va240dude is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 161 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by MidwestMyriad View Post
Don't forget to put some rubber tubing or some kind of grommet on that piping hole
+1...Makes it looks so much better and helps any rubbing issues...for some reason it's the small details like this I appreciate on a car.
Old 04-25-2012, 05:44 PM   #2310
Broadfield
Zilvia.net Advertiser

Trader Rating: (163)
Broadfield is a name known to allBroadfield is a name known to allBroadfield is a name known to allBroadfield is a name known to allBroadfield is a name known to allBroadfield is a name known to allBroadfield is a name known to allBroadfield is a name known to allBroadfield is a name known to allBroadfield is a name known to allBroadfield is a name known to all
Feedback Score: 163 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by MidwestMyriad View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by va240dude View Post
+1...Makes it looks so much better and helps any rubbing issues...for some reason it's the small details like this I appreciate on a car.
Don't worry, I would never let him hear the end of it if he left it like that. I'm even going to offer up a direct link to some goodness... this site is the be-all-end-all of "stuff":

McMaster-Carr

Click on the rubber edge trim.

Follow Along For My Latest Work
My Portfolio
Please Share
Check Out My Builds
Broadfield is offline   Reply With Quote