Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Tech Talk

Tech Talk Technical Discussion About The Nissan 240SX and Nissan Z Cars

Old 12-10-2010, 12:40 PM   #2191
ballinnmiami240sx
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (6)
ballinnmiami240sx has a spectacular aura aboutballinnmiami240sx has a spectacular aura aboutballinnmiami240sx has a spectacular aura aboutballinnmiami240sx has a spectacular aura aboutballinnmiami240sx has a spectacular aura aboutballinnmiami240sx has a spectacular aura about
Feedback Score: 6 reviews
This is the official trial and error thread!!
Old 12-10-2010, 01:01 PM   #2192
SoSideways
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (4)
SoSideways is close to perfectionSoSideways is close to perfectionSoSideways is close to perfectionSoSideways is close to perfectionSoSideways is close to perfectionSoSideways is close to perfectionSoSideways is close to perfectionSoSideways is close to perfectionSoSideways is close to perfectionSoSideways is close to perfectionSoSideways is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 4 reviews
At least some people are willing to give things a shot themselves.

The whole entire S-chassis suspension tuning pretty much halted since like the mid nineties and not a whole lot of development has come out for the whole scene until recently, when the close minded drift kids actually opened up their minds about roll centers and how to make their cars handle better, then the flood gates opened.

So yeah, if things don't work, fine, at least you gave it your all, and I bet you you would have learned a shit ton by going hands on about all the details of something, whether it works out or not.
SoSideways is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2010, 01:08 PM   #2193
95KA-Turbo
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (19)
95KA-Turbo has much to be proud of95KA-Turbo has much to be proud of95KA-Turbo has much to be proud of95KA-Turbo has much to be proud of95KA-Turbo has much to be proud of95KA-Turbo has much to be proud of95KA-Turbo has much to be proud of95KA-Turbo has much to be proud of95KA-Turbo has much to be proud of95KA-Turbo has much to be proud of95KA-Turbo has much to be proud of
Feedback Score: 19 reviews
I was thinking of caster as the wheels position in the wheel well, not the angle of the shock.

Anyway, my stage 2 roll center modifications up front will involve a tubular LCA with 1" spherical bearing and 3/4" straight bolt so I don't have to worry about binding on the bearing. By then I'll have made some caster plates as well. I had not seen those GC caster plates, that is a much simpler design but would also effectively raise the car up higher then a double plate method, not much, but still.

Instagram - SJKnoop
95KA-Turbo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2010, 02:27 PM   #2194
PoorMans180SX
Zilvia.net Advertiser

Trader Rating: (16)
PoorMans180SX is close to perfectionPoorMans180SX is close to perfectionPoorMans180SX is close to perfectionPoorMans180SX is close to perfectionPoorMans180SX is close to perfectionPoorMans180SX is close to perfectionPoorMans180SX is close to perfectionPoorMans180SX is close to perfectionPoorMans180SX is close to perfectionPoorMans180SX is close to perfectionPoorMans180SX is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 16 reviews
Send a message via AIM to PoorMans180SX
Quote:
Originally Posted by 95KA-Turbo View Post
I was thinking of caster as the wheels position in the wheel well, not the angle of the shock.
Well, please think of it as the angle of the shock from now on.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoSideways View Post
I don't know about that.

I have personally adjusted my front suspension to extreme positive caster, probably in the 8 degrees + range, and have seen my wheels lean over, and when I adjusted it back to close to stock, the leaning was much less severe, all without touching the camber, which was done via the top camber plate...
Please read my post. I am saying camber plates do not affect steering axis. Caster plates would. So running more static camber using camber plates is not going to do anything for the wheel leaning over issue. Slotting the lower mounts on the coilover brackets will.

I think it's funny how we always misread each other, and usually have the same idea in actuality.

Friends don't let friends buy knock-offs.
PoorMans180SX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2010, 02:42 PM   #2195
Tearlessj
Nissanaholic!

Tearlessj is close to perfectionTearlessj is close to perfectionTearlessj is close to perfectionTearlessj is close to perfectionTearlessj is close to perfectionTearlessj is close to perfectionTearlessj is close to perfectionTearlessj is close to perfectionTearlessj is close to perfectionTearlessj is close to perfectionTearlessj is close to perfection
Quote:
Originally Posted by PoorMans180SX View Post
Slot your lower brackets on your coilovers. This is the only way to get more leading tire on the ground besides running less caster. The first choice would be running less caster. Use your tension rod to pull your tire farther from the firewall and use caster plates to decrease your caster. It might even out. You can always slot the strut tower (I know, lots of people are against this).

Are you running stock tension rods? If so, there's your problem. Those bushings are gone and causing the whole front suspension to move back with the bushing flex in those and the LCA.

BTW, your front roll center is at somewhere around the core of the earth.
I'm actually running SPL tension rods. I told the alignment shop that I was shooting for around 7 and they told me that they couldn't adjust my tension rods anymore. They said they were already fully extended? Could it be that I installed them incorrectly?

I'm running a 225/40/18 in the front with a 18x9 +3. I've already hammers the crap out of the firewall, but its still pretty close. I'm going to go take some pics later today.
Old 12-10-2010, 02:56 PM   #2196
SoSideways
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (4)
SoSideways is close to perfectionSoSideways is close to perfectionSoSideways is close to perfectionSoSideways is close to perfectionSoSideways is close to perfectionSoSideways is close to perfectionSoSideways is close to perfectionSoSideways is close to perfectionSoSideways is close to perfectionSoSideways is close to perfectionSoSideways is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 4 reviews
You probably installed the tension rods incorrectly then.

Or the shop adjusted them incorrectly.

This is the proper way to do it.

http://splparts.com/instructions/SPL_TR_S13.pdf

Basically you screw the rod into the adjuster, and the rod end into the adjuster until neither can go in any more, then you extend the rod by only turning the adjuster piece, which should thread the rod and rod end out at the same rate, so you don't have one side longer than the other.
SoSideways is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2010, 03:33 PM   #2197
longfellow
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (2)
longfellow is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
I had 7.5* castor on my S14 using SPL ver. 2 tension rods. Had plenty or room to go further if I needed.
longfellow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2010, 05:42 PM   #2198
mikerbike
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (0)
mikerbike is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
I disconnected my front sway bar today just for fun. I didn't like it at all. It made the steering feel mushy until the car rolled over a bit, then it gripped pretty well. It seemed like it pushed a lot more through the turns, unless I was really close to the 'limit'. And then it just felt like it was going to lose rear traction. DID NOT LIKE.

I went to a local drift spot (race track, all legal ) and same thing, mushy turn in, then normal while sliding, but when changing directions, the front had too much grip because the car was already rolling over from the momentum of the switchback. So I reinstalled the sway bar link on the side of the road (race track I mean..) and tried again. For sure I do not like not having a front sway bar.
Old 12-12-2010, 06:56 AM   #2199
ballinnmiami240sx
Zilvia Junkie

ballinnmiami240sx has a spectacular aura aboutballinnmiami240sx has a spectacular aura aboutballinnmiami240sx has a spectacular aura aboutballinnmiami240sx has a spectacular aura aboutballinnmiami240sx has a spectacular aura aboutballinnmiami240sx has a spectacular aura about
its all on the your cars full set up. We ran no front swaybar with ISIS coilover set on 10 front stiffness and the rear full soft. It made the car very predicable with lots of grip up front and out back. Its all on your style and how you drive the car. My setup may not be the same as yours. I set my car up for aggressive driving and making the car handle while in drift. I like to initiate fast and early, thus needing a lot of front bite.

Depending on the track our tire pressure up front will range from 28psi to 42. on the rear we usually start around 65psi depending on tire wear and grip. Also remember that this is a KA24de car and your setup might be different.
Old 12-12-2010, 10:55 AM   #2200
95KA-Turbo
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (19)
95KA-Turbo has much to be proud of95KA-Turbo has much to be proud of95KA-Turbo has much to be proud of95KA-Turbo has much to be proud of95KA-Turbo has much to be proud of95KA-Turbo has much to be proud of95KA-Turbo has much to be proud of95KA-Turbo has much to be proud of95KA-Turbo has much to be proud of95KA-Turbo has much to be proud of95KA-Turbo has much to be proud of
Feedback Score: 19 reviews
Yeah, I definitely like running a front sway bar. The car felt like a bag of dicks without one. I was pushing because the rear had more grip then then front (at least thats what it felt like), as soon as I put the sway bar on the car suddenly became more predictable and I had way more steering feel and grip. Still not as much front grip I was wanted, but a stickier tire should fix that (I hope). I know not drifting in freezing temperatures will help that a whole lot!

Instagram - SJKnoop
95KA-Turbo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2010, 12:28 PM   #2201
longfellow
Zilvia Addict

I personally cant stand driving with out sway bars. On the S14 had 6k/4k springs on KTS coilovers and a progress front sway bar and it was the best handling DD set up ever. I also had way more confidence on the back country roads with it on the soft springs/big bar set up because it wouldnt bounce and hop over every little bump. It was insanely easy to drive fast. Lots of front end bite and a slightly loose back side yet still had insane traction. It was perfectly balanced for my driving style.

I out ran a C6 Z06 and a few Exige S Lotus's at an auto-x back in june with only about 275hp. (only my second DE)
Old 12-13-2010, 03:19 PM   #2202
Def
Post Whore!

Def is close to perfectionDef is close to perfectionDef is close to perfectionDef is close to perfectionDef is close to perfectionDef is close to perfectionDef is close to perfectionDef is close to perfectionDef is close to perfectionDef is close to perfectionDef is close to perfection
No sway bars is horrible for our cars. They need more roll stiffness, not less.

I can only think the people that like no bars only pull like .5 Lateral Gs or something so it "feels good." most drift cars rarely pull many lateral Gs so maybe that's why drifters like it sometimes.
Old 12-13-2010, 09:36 PM   #2203
singlecamslam
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (10)
singlecamslam is not welcome here anymoresinglecamslam is not welcome here anymoresinglecamslam is not welcome here anymoresinglecamslam is not welcome here anymoresinglecamslam is not welcome here anymoresinglecamslam is not welcome here anymoresinglecamslam is not welcome here anymoresinglecamslam is not welcome here anymoresinglecamslam is not welcome here anymoresinglecamslam is not welcome here anymoresinglecamslam is not welcome here anymore
Feedback Score: 10 reviews
No sway bars with coilovers feels like stock suspension with blown shocks in the corners, SO much roll.
Old 12-14-2010, 01:23 AM   #2204
articdragon192
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (9)
articdragon192 is close to perfectionarticdragon192 is close to perfectionarticdragon192 is close to perfectionarticdragon192 is close to perfectionarticdragon192 is close to perfectionarticdragon192 is close to perfectionarticdragon192 is close to perfectionarticdragon192 is close to perfectionarticdragon192 is close to perfectionarticdragon192 is close to perfectionarticdragon192 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 9 reviews
Send a message via AIM to articdragon192
Quote:
Originally Posted by Def View Post
No sway bars is horrible for our cars. They need more roll stiffness, not less.

I can only think the people that like no bars only pull like .5 Lateral Gs or something so it "feels good." most drift cars rarely pull many lateral Gs so maybe that's why drifters like it sometimes.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeff Naeyaert from MotoIQ
For those snobby racers that continually tell me that drifting is not a motorsport or lame, I suggest looking at the data overlay on the video we have attached. Dynamically we are reaching way over one lateral G usually reaching as much as 1.3 g’s in drift! The car also spends a lot of time accelerating at just under one G, sometimes reaching over one G. That is a lot of mechanical grip which says a lot for both the capability of the Falken 615K street tire and the Falken/Discount Tire S13.
Link: Revenge of the Nerd: End of the Formula D Season and a Lesson in Drift Car Dynamics

Need help?
Click here
Still stumped?
Try this
Can't find what you're looking for?
Here you go.
articdragon192 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2010, 09:52 AM   #2205
GripTerror
Zilvia Addict

GripTerror is an unknown quantity at this point
i second the no swaybar thing.. i ran without one in the rear and thought the car was utter crap and all over the place not to mention understeer city.

Went to a hicas swaybar in the rear.. and boy oh boy the car felt more stable and just better.

Internetz advice = fail.
GripTerror is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2010, 10:04 AM   #2206
e1_griego
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (24)
e1_griego has a reputation beyond reputee1_griego has a reputation beyond reputee1_griego has a reputation beyond reputee1_griego has a reputation beyond reputee1_griego has a reputation beyond reputee1_griego has a reputation beyond reputee1_griego has a reputation beyond reputee1_griego has a reputation beyond reputee1_griego has a reputation beyond reputee1_griego has a reputation beyond reputee1_griego has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 24 reviews
Guess who's also running a front sway bar...
e1_griego is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2010, 10:08 AM   #2207
longfellow
Zilvia Addict

$60K+ competition car =/= what people on Zilvia drive.

Thats like me saying my old S14 is comparable to the Exceed Moat S14's.
Old 12-14-2010, 10:22 AM   #2208
Def
Post Whore!

Def is close to perfectionDef is close to perfectionDef is close to perfectionDef is close to perfectionDef is close to perfectionDef is close to perfectionDef is close to perfectionDef is close to perfectionDef is close to perfectionDef is close to perfectionDef is close to perfection
Sigh... drift fan boy... no big surprise I suppose.

Fact - tires generate less lateral traction when they're sliding than when they're not. Same tire, all things equal, you will pull less lateral G's in a drift than not - this has been proven time and time again.

My statement wasn't knocking drift cars, but most use pretty cheap/hard tires just because they're burning through them quickly (I would too). So that gets back to my statement that most drift cars pull low lateral G's - somewhere around 0.5 in a drift.

So it wasn't a knock, just simple physics.

I know I know, your scraping low mad tite S chassis looks so cool drifting and all the local hard parkers say you're super fast as you initiate at 27 mph into your "street drift" - that still doesn't mean you're pulling many lateral G's, even though you might pop on over to MotoIQ once in a while and read about your drift heros.

BTW - transient G readings are stupidly meaningless when you're throwing the car around, of course they can peak much higher than your steady state. Note they didn't mention much about steady state lateral G's in a drift...
Old 12-14-2010, 10:47 AM   #2209
singlecamslam
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (10)
singlecamslam is not welcome here anymoresinglecamslam is not welcome here anymoresinglecamslam is not welcome here anymoresinglecamslam is not welcome here anymoresinglecamslam is not welcome here anymoresinglecamslam is not welcome here anymoresinglecamslam is not welcome here anymoresinglecamslam is not welcome here anymoresinglecamslam is not welcome here anymoresinglecamslam is not welcome here anymoresinglecamslam is not welcome here anymore
Feedback Score: 10 reviews
DEF is my hero.
Old 12-14-2010, 11:10 AM   #2210
GripTerror
Zilvia Addict

GripTerror is an unknown quantity at this point
Def - 1
Fanboi - 0

lol jk :P
GripTerror is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2010, 11:22 AM   #2211
Z33dori
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (12)
Z33dori is close to perfectionZ33dori is close to perfectionZ33dori is close to perfectionZ33dori is close to perfectionZ33dori is close to perfectionZ33dori is close to perfectionZ33dori is close to perfectionZ33dori is close to perfectionZ33dori is close to perfectionZ33dori is close to perfectionZ33dori is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 12 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by singlecamslam View Post
No sway bars with coilovers feels like stock suspension with blown shocks in the corners, SO much roll.
which is why i wanna find out why mine wont fit back in..... its killing me.
Old 12-14-2010, 11:38 AM   #2212
PoorMans180SX
Zilvia.net Advertiser

PoorMans180SX is close to perfectionPoorMans180SX is close to perfectionPoorMans180SX is close to perfectionPoorMans180SX is close to perfectionPoorMans180SX is close to perfectionPoorMans180SX is close to perfectionPoorMans180SX is close to perfectionPoorMans180SX is close to perfectionPoorMans180SX is close to perfectionPoorMans180SX is close to perfectionPoorMans180SX is close to perfection
Send a message via AIM to PoorMans180SX
Quote:
Originally Posted by Z33dori View Post
which is why i wanna find out why mine wont fit back in..... its killing me.
When you're as low as you are, the FLCA's move up at an angle, and the endlinks start to point in.

Loosen the endlinks up, put the sway bar back on, and tighten them up, it's okay if they are pushed out a little.

Friends don't let friends buy knock-offs.
PoorMans180SX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2010, 12:10 PM   #2213
nieko
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (14)
nieko is close to perfectionnieko is close to perfectionnieko is close to perfectionnieko is close to perfectionnieko is close to perfectionnieko is close to perfectionnieko is close to perfectionnieko is close to perfectionnieko is close to perfectionnieko is close to perfectionnieko is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 14 reviews
gripterror and singlecamslam = Def fanbois.

chumps.

Edgar(arcticdragon) isn't a fanboy at all... He was just posting info that he saw.

At first i was like wo thats a lot of gs while drifitng.

but then as Def stated, those arent steady state gs, thats probably while hes throwing the car, transitioning, etc...
nieko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2010, 12:20 PM   #2214
articdragon192
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (9)
articdragon192 is close to perfectionarticdragon192 is close to perfectionarticdragon192 is close to perfectionarticdragon192 is close to perfectionarticdragon192 is close to perfectionarticdragon192 is close to perfectionarticdragon192 is close to perfectionarticdragon192 is close to perfectionarticdragon192 is close to perfectionarticdragon192 is close to perfectionarticdragon192 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 9 reviews
Send a message via AIM to articdragon192
Quote:
Originally Posted by Def View Post
Sigh... drift fan boy... no big surprise I suppose.

Fact - tires generate less lateral traction when they're sliding than when they're not. Same tire, all things equal, you will pull less lateral G's in a drift than not - this has been proven time and time again.

My statement wasn't knocking drift cars, but most use pretty cheap/hard tires just because they're burning through them quickly (I would too). So that gets back to my statement that most drift cars pull low lateral G's - somewhere around 0.5 in a drift.

So it wasn't a knock, just simple physics.

I know I know, your scraping low mad tite S chassis looks so cool drifting and all the local hard parkers say you're super fast as you initiate at 27 mph into your "street drift" - that still doesn't mean you're pulling many lateral G's, even though you might pop on over to MotoIQ once in a while and read about your drift heros.

BTW - transient G readings are stupidly meaningless when you're throwing the car around, of course they can peak much higher than your steady state. Note they didn't mention much about steady state lateral G's in a drift...
Uh Def, I wasn't knocking you. Just pointing out that drift cars can pull 1 G or more. We aren't exactly talking about shitty put togetther drift cars in this thread, but rather their imporvements and such.
and please don't resort to calling me a drift fan boy. That's uncalled for. I do actively road race my car. And I don't drive an S chassis. My super lowness doesn't affect my suspension as much as it does an S chassis, so my scraping low mad tite Z32 chassis looks so cool drifting as it does road racing
all poking fun aside, please don't be little me just because I enjoy drifting and posted one link from MotoIQ that had drifting in it. I have been following this thread since day 1 looking at way several of the things you guys are doing to the S chassis can be transferred over to my Z to improve its performance while still being chassis scraping low.

EDIT: btw, if you look at the chart of Gs vs. Ti,e on the second page, you'll see dips from initioation, but you'll also see the car sitting at around 1G sideway for a decent amount of time. That would be considered transient wouldn't it? Not to mention its still on street tires.

Need help?
Click here
Still stumped?
Try this
Can't find what you're looking for?
Here you go.
articdragon192 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2010, 12:20 PM   #2215
Def
Post Whore!

Quote:
Originally Posted by nieko View Post
gripterror and singlecamslam = Def fanbois.

chumps.

Edgar(arcticdragon) isn't a fanboy at all... He was just posting info that he saw.

At first i was like wo thats a lot of gs while drifitng.

but then as Def stated, those arent steady state gs, thats probably while hes throwing the car, transitioning, etc...
That's what dynamic means...

The link he posted up and the stupid quote had nothing to do with my post. He might not be a fanboy in your eyes, but anybody who tries to talk about how super fast drifting is or how many lateral Gs they're pulling are just missing th point IMO. The whole point of drifting is to slide the car, tar laws of physics state that if you didn't slide the car it'd have more grip to go around a corner faster or pull more Gs. That's cool if you like it, but as far as speed/Gs go, you'd be faster if you didn't drift that same section of road.

So that brings me back to my original statement, which holds true for 99.9999% of the cars on this forum, no matter how butt hurt it makes the fanboys.
Old 12-14-2010, 12:24 PM   #2216
Def
Post Whore!

Quote:
Originally Posted by articdragon192 View Post
Uh Def, I wasn't knocking you. Just pointing out that drift cars can pull 1 G or more. We aren't exactly talking about shitty put togetther drift cars in this thread, but rather their imporvements and such.
and please don't resort to calling me a drift fan boy. That's uncalled for. I do actively road race my car. And I don't drive an S chassis. My super lowness doesn't affect my suspension as much as it does an S chassis, so my scraping low mad tite Z32 chassis looks so cool drifting as it does road racing
all poking fun aside, please don't be little me just because I enjoy drifting and posted one link from MotoIQ that had drifting in it. I have been following this thread since day 1 looking at way several of the things you guys are doing to the S chassis can be transferred over to my Z to improve its performance while still being chassis scraping low.
I guess no one here knows what dynamic means?

I could probably hit 1.3 G peak lateral if I threw a Geo Metro into a cambered corner, it doesn't really mean much other than it just hit it for a few microseconds.

Like I said, my original statement still stands about why drift guys seem to sometimes like no sway bars.
Old 12-14-2010, 02:24 PM   #2217
WISH ONE
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (13)
WISH ONE is close to perfectionWISH ONE is close to perfectionWISH ONE is close to perfectionWISH ONE is close to perfectionWISH ONE is close to perfectionWISH ONE is close to perfectionWISH ONE is close to perfectionWISH ONE is close to perfectionWISH ONE is close to perfectionWISH ONE is close to perfectionWISH ONE is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 13 reviews
Send a message via AIM to WISH ONE
Def, you compesate for no rear sway bar with higher rear spring rates, right? or no?
My bar is still there, im just curious.
WISH ONE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2010, 02:46 PM   #2218
Z33dori
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (12)
Z33dori is close to perfectionZ33dori is close to perfectionZ33dori is close to perfectionZ33dori is close to perfectionZ33dori is close to perfectionZ33dori is close to perfectionZ33dori is close to perfectionZ33dori is close to perfectionZ33dori is close to perfectionZ33dori is close to perfectionZ33dori is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 12 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by PoorMans180SX View Post
When you're as low as you are, the FLCA's move up at an angle, and the endlinks start to point in.

Loosen the endlinks up, put the sway bar back on, and tighten them up, it's okay if they are pushed out a little.
ya thats the only thing i could think, i just couldn't remember them pushing out that much before. But maybe b/c i never took it off. idk. i'll prolly try and handle it tomorrow
Old 12-14-2010, 03:51 PM   #2219
Def
Post Whore!

Quote:
Originally Posted by WISH ONE View Post
Def, you compesate for no rear sway bar with higher rear spring rates, right? or no?
My bar is still there, im just curious.
I have 9.2/6.6 kg/mm rear springs (same rates as with no sways on the car, and front only no rear) - it's very stiff in the fore/aft weight transfer direction. Significantly stiffer and the car would just not grip the road well, and I feel it's not far from the limits of what the chassis can really support from a stiffness standpoint.

I have a ~12% stiffer S13 25mm solid front sway and a ~15% stiffer hollow 19mm J30 rear sway right now.

These cars *NEED* sway bars front and rear to actually corner well. There's nothing you can do to the car to get enough roll stiffness without having a comical amount of spring which will have the car skittering over any bumps (I'm talking 750+ lb/in).
Old 12-14-2010, 09:26 PM   #2220
WISH ONE
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (13)
WISH ONE is close to perfectionWISH ONE is close to perfectionWISH ONE is close to perfectionWISH ONE is close to perfectionWISH ONE is close to perfectionWISH ONE is close to perfectionWISH ONE is close to perfectionWISH ONE is close to perfectionWISH ONE is close to perfectionWISH ONE is close to perfectionWISH ONE is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 13 reviews
Send a message via AIM to WISH ONE
Thanks Def!
It was something that was on my mind.
I am still running both bars, I didnt remember where I read or who said that they ran no rear bar for their grip car (s13), so i thought id ask and see if could get someone to elaborate a tad more.
WISH ONE is offline   Reply With Quote