Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Chat

Chat General Discussion About The Nissan 240SX and Nissan Z Cars

Old 07-13-2010, 10:07 AM   #2191
ZX88
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (8)
ZX88 has much to be proud ofZX88 has much to be proud ofZX88 has much to be proud ofZX88 has much to be proud ofZX88 has much to be proud ofZX88 has much to be proud ofZX88 has much to be proud ofZX88 has much to be proud ofZX88 has much to be proud ofZX88 has much to be proud ofZX88 has much to be proud of
Feedback Score: 8 reviews
got em thanks^^^ the auto zones around me are filled with dumbasses took them about 20min to realize i didnt want tuner nuts.

next small question
these guys
anyone now the size and pitch

i cant believe a nissan parts department doesnt have these readily available. they were like this has to be special order. Wtf like 90% of all Japanese cars used the same nut.
ZX88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 07-13-2010, 10:29 AM   #2192
EhrikETFG
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (0)
EhrikETFG is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
can anyone give me a complete rundown of what suspension parts i should replace, etc?

im talking like rucas tie rods all that stuff.

thanks
EhrikETFG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2010, 11:25 AM   #2193
enkei2k
Super Moderator

Trader Rating: (29)
enkei2k is close to perfectionenkei2k is close to perfectionenkei2k is close to perfectionenkei2k is close to perfectionenkei2k is close to perfectionenkei2k is close to perfectionenkei2k is close to perfectionenkei2k is close to perfectionenkei2k is close to perfectionenkei2k is close to perfectionenkei2k is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 29 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by EhrikETFG View Post
can anyone give me a complete rundown of what suspension parts i should replace, etc?

im talking like rucas tie rods all that stuff.

thanks

http://www.splparts.com/store/

there's your list.

xquizitditz
enkei2k is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2010, 12:27 PM   #2194
niteridaz503
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (10)
niteridaz503 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 10 reviews

Last edited by niteridaz503; 07-14-2010 at 09:34 AM..
niteridaz503 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2010, 12:35 PM   #2195
allntrlundrgrnd
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (17)
allntrlundrgrnd is close to perfectionallntrlundrgrnd is close to perfectionallntrlundrgrnd is close to perfectionallntrlundrgrnd is close to perfectionallntrlundrgrnd is close to perfectionallntrlundrgrnd is close to perfectionallntrlundrgrnd is close to perfectionallntrlundrgrnd is close to perfectionallntrlundrgrnd is close to perfectionallntrlundrgrnd is close to perfectionallntrlundrgrnd is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 17 reviews
Are 95+ J30 axles longer that s13 passenger side axles? I got one at the yard to replace my broken one and it seems to be way too long to fit in between the hub and diff
allntrlundrgrnd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2010, 05:18 PM   #2196
TwItCh
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (6)
TwItCh is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 6 reviews
Send a message via AIM to TwItCh
when im at a idle my cars rpms go up and down and then it eventually dies, but it acccelerates fine
TwItCh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2010, 07:04 PM   #2197
iKxGaMeX

iKxGaMeX is an unknown quantity at this point
Anyone know where I can find some, cheap, non ricey seat covers? I don't have alot of cash, I mainly want this to stop the wear on the drivers seat.
iKxGaMeX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2010, 07:07 PM   #2198
TwItCh
Zilvia Member

i no walmart has some cuz i us to work for them and my girlfriend picked up some for her car at pepboys and there plain black
Old 07-13-2010, 07:08 PM   #2199
deuce40sxftw
BANNED

deuce40sxftw is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZX88 View Post
got em thanks^^^ the auto zones around me are filled with dumbasses took them about 20min to realize i didnt want tuner nuts.

next small question
these guys
anyone now the size and pitch

i cant believe a nissan parts department doesnt have these readily available. they were like this has to be special order. Wtf like 90% of all Japanese cars used the same nut.
thread sizing should be 12mm, since its a 14mm head

idk the pitch though, sorry. and yeah nissan parts departments SUCK so much. they dont continue car parts in stock after like 5 years later from final release. they suck
deuce40sxftw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2010, 07:10 PM   #2200
deuce40sxftw
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by TwItCh View Post
when im at a idle my cars rpms go up and down and then it eventually dies, but it acccelerates fine
check the valve breather tube, connects from the valve cover to the intake piping, clean your IACV and your throttle body. both of those fixed mine
Old 07-13-2010, 08:07 PM   #2201
TwItCh
Zilvia Member

^^ thank you i will go check it out right now
Old 07-13-2010, 08:19 PM   #2202
I LUV MY S13
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (35)
I LUV MY S13 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 35 reviews
Is the Q45 MAF sensor interchangable throughout all Qs? i got one off a 97 and someone needs it for a 91, my assumption is that they do.

Another question is my friend had a power steering leak, leak is fixed but now his steering is stiff. Any suggestions?

-Jorge
I LUV MY S13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2010, 10:35 PM   #2203
project_2fizzle
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (7)
project_2fizzle is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 7 reviews
im hearing a wierd noise coming from my valve cover i know i can probly fix it with some adjustments but i have cams retainers and springs laying around for my build im wondering if thats too much for a stock sr bottom end at 70k should i just do minimum to fix it or build the top end and swap it on the new bottom end when its completed?
project_2fizzle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2010, 10:38 PM   #2204
I LUV MY S13
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (35)
I LUV MY S13 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 35 reviews
If your gonna rebuild your motor you might aswell do it all at once

-Jorge
I LUV MY S13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2010, 10:41 PM   #2205
project_2fizzle
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (7)
project_2fizzle is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 7 reviews
yeah i tend to do things on impulse ill open it up tomarrow morning and evaluate the situation
project_2fizzle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2010, 11:37 PM   #2206
Renelovesnike
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (30)
Renelovesnike is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 30 reviews
OK everyone im installing my kouki skirts on my zenki s14 and the rear endcap screw/hole passes the inner metal lip where you would normaly screw in aftermarket skirts!!

anyone have any idea what im talking about?? how do i screw them in without havng a significant gap between the car and the skirts?? should i just dump the endcaps and screw from the bottom tabs?
Renelovesnike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2010, 03:22 AM   #2207
t.vo408

t.vo408 is an unknown quantity at this point
I have a 93 s13 se. When I lock/unlock the driver side lock the passenger side does the same. But when I lock the passenger side door nothing happens. I am looking to install key less entry, do I need to buy an actuator for the driver side or is there one in there?
t.vo408 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2010, 03:41 AM   #2208
IMSLIDIN

IMSLIDIN is an unknown quantity at this point
ok so im looking into replacing my steering wheel but i dont want to spend alot of money on it so i saw one on ebay for like 30bucks i kinda liked it and i was wondering has any1 ever tried any of these? do they work? and for that matter i was trying to relocate the power steering to the empty spot near the o/d light any ideas?
IMSLIDIN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2010, 04:13 AM   #2209
joeapple8
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (32)
joeapple8 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 32 reviews
I have a KA24DE what size radiator hose adapter do I get to put on a water temp sensor
joeapple8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2010, 06:35 AM   #2210
punxva
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (31)
punxva is close to perfectionpunxva is close to perfectionpunxva is close to perfectionpunxva is close to perfectionpunxva is close to perfectionpunxva is close to perfectionpunxva is close to perfectionpunxva is close to perfectionpunxva is close to perfectionpunxva is close to perfectionpunxva is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 31 reviews
Send a message via AIM to punxva
Quote:
Originally Posted by joeapple8 View Post
I have a KA24DE what size radiator hose adapter do I get to put on a water temp sensor
34mm msg length
not sure if you realize this

but when you knockup that skanky drunk sea donkey, you're gonna have to listen to her shit for the rest of your life

age 33 and you dont know your ass from your elbow

punxva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2010, 08:53 AM   #2211
JohnnyDrfiter22
Zilvia Addict

JohnnyDrfiter22 has a spectacular aura aboutJohnnyDrfiter22 has a spectacular aura aboutJohnnyDrfiter22 has a spectacular aura aboutJohnnyDrfiter22 has a spectacular aura aboutJohnnyDrfiter22 has a spectacular aura aboutJohnnyDrfiter22 has a spectacular aura about
The other day i installed a cigarette lighter cuz mine was missing, I used stock wiring. It worked fine a few days than a friend is fidgety and was fucking with it and now my Dash lights and tail lights do not work. Headlights do, brake lights work when press the brake.

I checked all fuses and found one bad, replaced and still nothing. what Fuse or relay runs dash and tails?
JohnnyDrfiter22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2010, 09:31 AM   #2212
niteridaz503
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (10)
niteridaz503 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 10 reviews
RB

I'm not too sure bout this so i wana ask (because its important for me to know), I have an RB20DET motor set at home but its been sitting for about 7 months now & I haven't turned it since. I was told shit can go bad by just letting it sit there. Now my question is should i turn it & drop some oil in there to get everything lubed up (if so how often) or should i just start to look into tearing it all apart & rebuilding it?

Any & all input is neccesarry thanks guys.
niteridaz503 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2010, 10:23 AM   #2213
deadghost
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (21)
deadghost is a jewel in the roughdeadghost is a jewel in the roughdeadghost is a jewel in the roughdeadghost is a jewel in the roughdeadghost is a jewel in the roughdeadghost is a jewel in the roughdeadghost is a jewel in the roughdeadghost is a jewel in the rough
Feedback Score: 21 reviews
Just installed my DCC, did the diagnostic mode, and got the door functioning. Now my blower is set to HOT, will not turn off by command, and my night lights on my rear taillights will not turn off. I am loosing my freaking mind trying to figure this out. I have to unplug my battery and suffer the fucken heat on my commute to work. I need help!
deadghost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2010, 01:14 PM   #2214
drftx
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (42)
drftx has a brilliant futuredrftx has a brilliant futuredrftx has a brilliant futuredrftx has a brilliant futuredrftx has a brilliant futuredrftx has a brilliant futuredrftx has a brilliant futuredrftx has a brilliant futuredrftx has a brilliant futuredrftx has a brilliant futuredrftx has a brilliant future
Feedback Score: 42 reviews
Send a message via AIM to drftx
does any one know what the stock inner and outer tierod length measure ments are i bent both of mine and it cant measure them im putting in tein inner and outers if any one has them thanks
drftx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2010, 02:05 PM   #2215
fckillerbee
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (5)
fckillerbee is close to perfectionfckillerbee is close to perfectionfckillerbee is close to perfectionfckillerbee is close to perfectionfckillerbee is close to perfectionfckillerbee is close to perfectionfckillerbee is close to perfectionfckillerbee is close to perfectionfckillerbee is close to perfectionfckillerbee is close to perfectionfckillerbee is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 5 reviews
looking for a 215 35 18 nankang nsII on a 10 wide wheel.

THANKS!
fckillerbee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2010, 02:07 PM   #2216
fckillerbee
Post Whore!

fckillerbee is close to perfectionfckillerbee is close to perfectionfckillerbee is close to perfectionfckillerbee is close to perfectionfckillerbee is close to perfectionfckillerbee is close to perfectionfckillerbee is close to perfectionfckillerbee is close to perfectionfckillerbee is close to perfectionfckillerbee is close to perfectionfckillerbee is close to perfection
Quote:
Originally Posted by IMSLIDIN View Post
ok so im looking into replacing my steering wheel but i dont want to spend alot of money on it so i saw one on ebay for like 30bucks i kinda liked it and i was wondering has any1 ever tried any of these? do they work? and for that matter i was trying to relocate the power steering to the empty spot near the o/d light any ideas?

just make sure it's the same bolt pattern as your current wheel, and you should be good. Ebay steering wheels feel like plastic fyi. If you want better information, and you are spending that price..hit up the guys at sonicmotor.com...ask for wasabi hot sauce...and he'll help you.
Old 07-14-2010, 02:09 PM   #2217
fckillerbee
Post Whore!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Renelovesnike View Post
OK everyone im installing my kouki skirts on my zenki s14 and the rear endcap screw/hole passes the inner metal lip where you would normaly screw in aftermarket skirts!!

anyone have any idea what im talking about?? how do i screw them in without havng a significant gap between the car and the skirts?? should i just dump the endcaps and screw from the bottom tabs?
most fiberglass is going to be custom application....make the skirts fit to your liking, and drill hols where they need to be mounted. sometimes the "tabs" are inches off.
Old 07-14-2010, 03:19 PM   #2218
Renelovesnike
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (30)
Renelovesnike is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 30 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by fckillerbee View Post
most fiberglass is going to be custom application....make the skirts fit to your liking, and drill hols where they need to be mounted. sometimes the "tabs" are inches off.

Oh no im talking about the OEM kouki skirts!! where the endcap hole to screw into the inner lip there is no metal or anything to screw into!! if i pull the skirt more towards me to lign up the hole with the metal lip then there is a significant half inch pace between the skirt and the side of the car!! any help or ideas are welcome ^.^
Renelovesnike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2010, 03:42 PM   #2219
fckillerbee
Post Whore!

you could always take it to a welder and have them make a mounting bracket, and drill a hole where the skirts would line up.
Old 07-14-2010, 06:38 PM   #2220
deuce40sxftw
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by drftx View Post
does any one know what the stock inner and outer tierod length measure ments are i bent both of mine and it cant measure them im putting in tein inner and outers if any one has them thanks
i have some stock ones ill measure, gimme an hour or so