Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Chat

Chat General Discussion About The Nissan 240SX and Nissan Z Cars

Old 12-12-2008, 07:00 PM   #181
VROOOM
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (0)
VROOOM is close to perfectionVROOOM is close to perfectionVROOOM is close to perfectionVROOOM is close to perfectionVROOOM is close to perfectionVROOOM is close to perfectionVROOOM is close to perfectionVROOOM is close to perfectionVROOOM is close to perfectionVROOOM is close to perfectionVROOOM is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by ixfxi View Post
wtf damn jeff... did your body shop color match your HAIR? how much did they charge you? i gotta ask my shop how much they'de charge to color match my pubic mane... hahahaha

i am still amazed that you went from red to yellow, i would never attempt such a bold change in paint color.

hey that stuff glowed in the dark. it was highlighter yellow. back then i had different color hair all the time.
VROOOM is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 12-12-2008, 07:13 PM   #182
Om1kron
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (15)
Om1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 15 reviews
Quote:
wtf damn jeff... did your body shop color match your HAIR? how much did they charge you? i gotta ask my shop how much they'de charge to color match my pubic mane... hahahaha

i am still amazed that you went from red to yellow, i would never attempt such a bold change in paint color.
yellow sadly was the shit from 99-01... thankfully they stopped making yellow cars. barf!
Old 12-12-2008, 07:20 PM   #183
VROOOM
Post Whore!

VROOOM is close to perfectionVROOOM is close to perfectionVROOOM is close to perfectionVROOOM is close to perfectionVROOOM is close to perfectionVROOOM is close to perfectionVROOOM is close to perfectionVROOOM is close to perfectionVROOOM is close to perfectionVROOOM is close to perfectionVROOOM is close to perfection
Quote:
Originally Posted by Om1kron View Post
yellow sadly was the shit from 99-01... thankfully they stopped making yellow cars. barf!
i loved my yellow paint job. it was done right yellow w/gold pearl. it glowed when the sun hit it right.

but thinking about it more i dont think i would do it again.
Old 12-12-2008, 07:34 PM   #184
skylindrftr
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (26)
skylindrftr is close to perfectionskylindrftr is close to perfectionskylindrftr is close to perfectionskylindrftr is close to perfectionskylindrftr is close to perfectionskylindrftr is close to perfectionskylindrftr is close to perfectionskylindrftr is close to perfectionskylindrftr is close to perfectionskylindrftr is close to perfectionskylindrftr is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 26 reviews
Quote:
i remember this car, the s13 w/ overfenders that sits too high and looks weird because you said something about not being able to drive up the steep driveway at your house, so you needed the extra ride height.

weird, but i still remember all this.
lol when was that? It doesn't sit that way anymore, sucks even worse now. I had Tein HR's at the time, non height independent adjustable suckers.... I switched them out for Apex'i N1 EXV's so it's lower now =P
skylindrftr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2008, 07:42 PM   #185
articdragon192
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (9)
articdragon192 is close to perfectionarticdragon192 is close to perfectionarticdragon192 is close to perfectionarticdragon192 is close to perfectionarticdragon192 is close to perfectionarticdragon192 is close to perfectionarticdragon192 is close to perfectionarticdragon192 is close to perfectionarticdragon192 is close to perfectionarticdragon192 is close to perfectionarticdragon192 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 9 reviews
Send a message via AIM to articdragon192

Holy shit! It's Levi!

Need help?
Click here
Still stumped?
Try this
Can't find what you're looking for?
Here you go.
articdragon192 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2008, 09:42 PM   #186
OBEEWON
Post Whore!

OBEEWON has a reputation beyond reputeOBEEWON has a reputation beyond reputeOBEEWON has a reputation beyond reputeOBEEWON has a reputation beyond reputeOBEEWON has a reputation beyond reputeOBEEWON has a reputation beyond reputeOBEEWON has a reputation beyond reputeOBEEWON has a reputation beyond reputeOBEEWON has a reputation beyond reputeOBEEWON has a reputation beyond reputeOBEEWON has a reputation beyond repute
For all the east coast heads. One of the best spots to get motors.

Noyan USA thier original location. I think this was my second motor from them. 3 total.

It's a shame the east coast isn't as tight knit as the West is. At least in my expirience. I guess the cold weather and ugly chicks affects us...
Old 12-12-2008, 10:18 PM   #187
Brian
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (54)
Brian is close to perfectionBrian is close to perfectionBrian is close to perfectionBrian is close to perfectionBrian is close to perfectionBrian is close to perfectionBrian is close to perfectionBrian is close to perfectionBrian is close to perfectionBrian is close to perfectionBrian is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 54 reviews
jeff spaulding sounds REALLY familiar...

why.

Do you have a brother named Eric....or matt?
Old 12-12-2008, 10:35 PM   #188
VROOOM
Post Whore!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian View Post

why.

Do you have a brother named Eric?
yeah Matt is my brother his good friend was Eric. i live a very close to you, i used to see your blue car every morning on my way to work.

trust me im not a stalker

Last edited by VROOOM; 12-12-2008 at 10:57 PM..
Old 12-12-2008, 10:39 PM   #189
Brian
Post Whore!

Brian is close to perfectionBrian is close to perfectionBrian is close to perfectionBrian is close to perfectionBrian is close to perfectionBrian is close to perfectionBrian is close to perfectionBrian is close to perfectionBrian is close to perfectionBrian is close to perfectionBrian is close to perfection
No, it's fine.

I thought I used to know a Jeff Spaulding in the hockey scene...
Old 12-12-2008, 10:41 PM   #190
VROOOM
Post Whore!

Quote:
No, it's fine.

yeah i played hockey for Norwalk Condors back in mid ninties and played roller hockery everywhere. roller hockey referee at the lakewood YMCA for a long time too
Old 12-12-2008, 10:42 PM   #191
Brian
Post Whore!

HA!

i fuckin KNEW it.

Was that when you had the red car? You used to drive it there. (the Y on Carson and Woodruff)
Old 12-12-2008, 10:45 PM   #192
VROOOM
Post Whore!

Quote:
HA!

i fuckin KNEW it.

Was that when you had the red car? You used to drive it there.
yeah, i used to ref with it yellow too. at the Los Altos YMCA too
Old 12-12-2008, 10:51 PM   #193
Brian
Post Whore!

So then I used to PLAY when you reffed.
man, that's pretty crazy. small weird world eh
Old 12-12-2008, 10:53 PM   #194
VROOOM
Post Whore!

Quote:

damn, that is crazy small world. this thread scares me its like a ride back 15 years
brings back lots of memories.
Old 12-12-2008, 10:55 PM   #195
HyperTek
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (3)
HyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Red Square View Post
this is the 'real og' Life Plaza meet early 03, started up by the notorious NiteKids.
alway nice to see jspec sam and jdmrice rock those cars on the street.
oh snaps my s13 in the middle! lmao

2002 convention my car next to mike mamos car i think lol
Old 12-12-2008, 11:08 PM   #196
Z33dori
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (12)
Z33dori is close to perfectionZ33dori is close to perfectionZ33dori is close to perfectionZ33dori is close to perfectionZ33dori is close to perfectionZ33dori is close to perfectionZ33dori is close to perfectionZ33dori is close to perfectionZ33dori is close to perfectionZ33dori is close to perfectionZ33dori is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 12 reviews
oh man... i remeber back in 99 i started wanting a 240... was barely in Middle school

01 found drifting... fell in love with 240s
by 03 i wanted a 240, but was so happy ridding shot gun in 350z's that i put my 240 dreams on the back burner...

which i knew then what i knew now.... i didn't know shit back then other than 240+SR =dorifto ... didn't even know that ka's came in 240s
Old 12-12-2008, 11:15 PM   #197
s13dan
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (2)
s13dan will become famous soon enoughs13dan will become famous soon enoughs13dan will become famous soon enoughs13dan will become famous soon enough
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
People like you dont help shit... You think your OG??Im sorry im not very old, my frist car was 240 and so on-the usally rap. I STILL LOVE THE CARS!!! Im not going to go into my story but you should check yourself.. I wish i coulda been there, i dont like all the hype either no one does.. EVERYONE wants to be original and say they were there first to have,hear or do something and so on.But you rarly can be ,the way your acting is terrible.You should be happy that there are other 240 enthusiasts and be inviting. Instead your condescending and just plain rude. Even if you really are one of the first people in america to consider yourself a die hard 240sx fan, japan had it first. Coping is the greatest form of flattery. AND we all have the same passion, so chill. There are people younger than you that are good people. Were not all pieces of shit that want to steal your things. Many are just like you except when you had your first 240 it was newer....

-Do you really think your better than someone that became an enthusiast after you? Same team man- IM NOT O.G. IM LEAVING THIS THREAD

SORRY

Quote:
Originally Posted by projectRDM View Post
No, it's not. OG is simply that, old school. Anything in this decade is not old, period. You may feel you're old school because you've owned a 240 for more than five years, that doesn't qualify. 99% of the cars and posts in here don't belong, but people seem to have this retarded misconception that if it happened last week, it's old news. If you were 15 yrs old then, or even if you're 20yrs old now and own a 240, you are NOT old school. You kids don't know shit about what the scene was like ten years ago and longer. When I bought my 2nd S14 in 1996 I met a few guys (Chris May, the one standing under my hood on page 3) and others who were avid autocross and track guys who happened to own 240s. I saw Kouki tails, Eastbear headlights, and an SR before the internet was even solidified, crazy shit I have never even heard of, but the community back then was tight knit and seriously cool. I drove all over the East Coast to go to 240 meets for years and met some of the coolest people ever, most are still good friends today. I knew every single person in Atlanta who owned a modded 240 and most of them in other States and could count on anyone of them putting me up for the night if I was passing through. It really was a community back then. These guys on here, Mike, Kevin, Harp, Sam, and Alex Chang, Asad, Jeff Baysinger, Tony To, Derek Greaser, Louis Snodgrass, these guys were the originators of the nationwide 240SX scene before we had forums, internet chat rooms, Ebay, drifting, all the other shit that we have today.
It's sad that those days are gone, the scene itself turned to shit long before most of you guys even bought your cars, people grew up and moved on to other things and the high schoolers came in, rode the wagon, and ruined it for the people who help start the movement. Like Mike said, I wouldn't dare post a mod list or pics of my car online today, shit would be stolen in 30 minutes, distributed throughout the web, and some of you guys would talk about the new parts you scored the next day without even knowing or caring that it was stolen. The rest of the 240 owners today are all a bunch of hardass ethugs who really did jump the wagon because they jacked off to drifting videos just waiting until they turned 16 so they could beg their parents to buy them a beat ass shell with caved in quarters because it's cool.
89 240sx hatch #933-the hot rod
91 240sx coupe #131,603-the daily
s13dan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2008, 11:30 PM   #198
projectRDM
Post Whore!

projectRDM is close to perfectionprojectRDM is close to perfectionprojectRDM is close to perfectionprojectRDM is close to perfectionprojectRDM is close to perfectionprojectRDM is close to perfectionprojectRDM is close to perfectionprojectRDM is close to perfectionprojectRDM is close to perfectionprojectRDM is close to perfectionprojectRDM is close to perfection
Quote:
Originally Posted by s13dan View Post
People like you dont help shit... You think your OG??Im sorry im not very old, my frist car was 240 and so on-the usally rap. I STILL LOVE THE CARS!!! Im not going to go into my story but you should check yourself.. I wish i coulda been there, i dont like all the hype either no one does.. EVERYONE wants to be original and say they were there first to have,hear or do something and so on.But you rarly can be ,the way your acting is terrible.You should be happy that there are other 240 enthusiasts and be inviting. Instead your condescending and just plain rude. Even if you really are one of the first people in america to consider yourself a die hard 240sx fan, japan had it first. Coping is the greatest form of flattery. AND we all have the same passion, so chill. There are people younger than you that are good people. Were not all pieces of shit that want to steal your things. Many are just like you except when you had your first 240 it was newer....

-Do you really think your better than someone that became an enthusiast after you? Same team man- IM NOT O.G. IM LEAVING THIS THREAD

SORRY
No one ever said anyone was any better than any one else. Your reading sucks. I also never said I invented the 240 or anything like that. I also guess you meant to say copying is the greatest form of flattery, so tell me, who was I copying in 1995? I had never seen an issue of Option magazine or even knew there was such a market in Japan, I just bought parts because I wanted my car to be faster. And if you're going to say I "don't help shit", then you've never read any post I've ever made in tech.
I'm happy people like their cars, true. But do I get excited about meeting cool, new people just because we own the same car? No. I don't care about the scene anymore nor do I look forward to standing around a parking lot talking about cars with a bunch of dudes half my age, cool or not. There is no 'team', we're all just random people who own 240s. Some appreciate them more than others, that's it. If you want to break out the marshmallows and sing kumbaya, go for it. I won't be there. If you get offended by that, you're too wrapped up in trivial things.

Learn what's really going on and protect your assets now before they're gone forever: www.paypalsucks.com
projectRDM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2008, 11:30 PM   #199
White Comet
Zilvia Junkie

White Comet is making a name for him/her selfWhite Comet is making a name for him/her self
i'm not old school when it comes to owning a 240 but i've been into them since before they became cool. my little brother bought an s13 coupe for $1k when he was 14 (i was 17) my friend bought his 92 coupe se less then a year before that. i didnt get my first 240 until just before they became well know, but i got my fc when i was 17. like i said not og, but not a bandwagoner
Old 12-12-2008, 11:38 PM   #200
Zero-Offset
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (1)
Zero-Offset is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
haha "same team" well put! ^^
don't know why it has to get all angry up in here.
we all love this one car that manages to bring people together, just in different spaces in time.

i remember back in 02-03 when i was in the 5th or 6th grade, i had a neighbor that owned a Zenki with some late 90's bodykit and rims. I would stare at the emblem "240sx" on the back every day as i walked to school, and fell in love. Ever since i wanted an s14, but the s13 seemed to work its way into my life.

Sorry im not "OG" nor am i claiming to be, seeing as it is very subjective, but i just wanted to share the same passion i have for these piles as everyone else does!
Zero-Offset is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2008, 12:02 AM   #201
Z33dori
Post Whore!

Z33dori is close to perfectionZ33dori is close to perfectionZ33dori is close to perfectionZ33dori is close to perfectionZ33dori is close to perfectionZ33dori is close to perfectionZ33dori is close to perfectionZ33dori is close to perfectionZ33dori is close to perfectionZ33dori is close to perfectionZ33dori is close to perfection
so would Band wagoners be anyone who didn't get into... like s-chassis post 04-05

once the big drift faze hit thanks to NFSU and such
Old 12-13-2008, 12:12 AM   #202
landins13
Zilvia Addict

landins13 has made poor choiceslandins13 has made poor choiceslandins13 has made poor choiceslandins13 has made poor choiceslandins13 has made poor choiceslandins13 has made poor choiceslandins13 has made poor choices
Forums have become the death of the car scene, e-thugs copy cats and trends have become the overall destruction of the car scene and everything i grew to love. I do not consider myself OG in any way shape or form, but thanks to bad parenting and a father who owned a used car lot i got into the car scene long before i could drive.

I picked up my first s-chasis when i was 13 with my bar-mitzvah money yes i said it, my bar-mitzvah money. It was a 1970 240z with 236k miles on it i bought it with every intention of restoring it by the time i was 16 and could legally drive.

the rust on it was rediculous and it took me until i was 16 just to replace the majority of the frame and floor panel when i finally got the job done i gifted my dad the car as a trade for my s13 since my dads favorite car has always been the 240z.

ive been around for a long time, ive seen alot of changes in the scene i love, its become more about when the majority wants and what is trendy on the forums, when we still had a rep system i got my fair share of hate for supporting the people who did their own things and not the trendy "jdm" photocopied cars everyone else wants.

i miss the way things used to be and i miss the people who made this scene a family.

there isnt enough of a community anymore, everyone feels as though they have something to prove yet as soon as they step out of line from the cookie cutter image of what an s-chasis should be they are shot down and destroyed.

for the kids in high school and to the true OG's all i say is this, if a true enthusiast exits, support him, if you dont like something they are doing to their car, change your imput from i hate it change this change that to something more simple like, not my taste but to each their own.

to the guys who paved the way before me and to those who will come after, lets make the scene what it was, a family and a community, full of different ages opinions and ideas.
Old 12-13-2008, 12:19 AM   #203
HyperTek
Post Whore!

HyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfection
i think alot of the older guys would be more appreciative towards the car builds that have tons of legit expensive parts on em, compared to what some see in our eyes as young guys with all the aftermarket cheap parts and not work their ass off to source em compared to few years ago.

Times have changed.. in 03 i bought a hks type s intercooler for like $800 piecing up my sr swap.. that was typical front mount pricing. Only legit parts back then. Now alot of people turn to ebay $200 fmic specials.

ALot of the guys I looked up to back then , well they either moved on, or they no longer daily drive their cars on the streets. More often now you will see younger kids with even more ragtag 240s around, and the explosion of low ballers.

I think this is jookybanana's car??

that car has been thru a few changes, one of the hottest coupes now imo

someone needs to post the nitekids police chase picture lol classic
Old 12-13-2008, 02:07 AM   #204
S13SilviaGirl
UGH Really?

Trader Rating: (4)
S13SilviaGirl is close to perfectionS13SilviaGirl is close to perfectionS13SilviaGirl is close to perfectionS13SilviaGirl is close to perfectionS13SilviaGirl is close to perfectionS13SilviaGirl is close to perfectionS13SilviaGirl is close to perfectionS13SilviaGirl is close to perfectionS13SilviaGirl is close to perfectionS13SilviaGirl is close to perfectionS13SilviaGirl is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 4 reviews
Quote:

why.

Do you have a brother named Eric....or matt?
Quote:
Originally Posted by VROOOM View Post
yeah Matt is my brother his good friend was Eric. i live a very close to you, i used to see your blue car every morning on my way to work.

trust me im not a stalker
Quote:
No, it's fine.

Quote:
yeah i played hockey for Norwalk Condors back in mid ninties and played roller hockery everywhere. roller hockey referee at the lakewood YMCA for a long time too
Quote:
HA!

i fuckin KNEW it.

Was that when you had the red car? You used to drive it there. (the Y on Carson and Woodruff)
Quote:
yeah, i used to ref with it yellow too. at the Los Altos YMCA too
Quote:
Quote:
damn, that is crazy small world. this thread scares me its like a ride back 15 years
brings back lots of memories.

KK...Get a room you two...

My Review Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by DTCSuperstar
I surf Zilvia naked in my home...
S13SilviaGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2008, 02:57 AM   #205
mrmephistopheles
Magnanimous Justice Distribution Service

mrmephistopheles has disabled reputation
Quote:
Originally Posted by smellslikecurry View Post
and kevs car was the reason i got r32 wheels for my s14 back then damn
<3 <3 <3 Actually you just reminded me that I have a spare set of BNR32 wheels I could use!

Quote:
Originally Posted by HyperTek View Post
i think alot of the older guys would be more appreciative towards the car builds that have tons of legit expensive parts on em, compared to what some see in our eyes as young guys with all the aftermarket cheap parts and not work their ass off to source em compared to few years ago.

Times have changed.. in 03 i bought a hks type s intercooler for like $800 piecing up my sr swap.. that was typical front mount pricing. Only legit parts back then. Now alot of people turn to ebay $200 fmic specials.
No kidding. The sportmax/SS autochrome mentality has RUINED the 240sx community.
mrmephistopheles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2008, 07:04 AM   #206
Z33dori
Post Whore!

i wouldn't say sportmax really ruined any thing...

i did some research after finding some pretty old drift videos..... and almost every car there was running some dinky 16-17 wheels that looked exactly like the 002. so i asked a few ppl did some searching... found out that the wheels where like the cheap wheels that everyone could get alot of for track events.....

true they are cheap, and so many ppl have them, they got played pretty quick. No diff than honda scene and rota slip streams.
Old 12-13-2008, 08:55 AM   #207
fliprayzin240sx
Man w/ CTSV & a Car Seat

Trader Rating: (19)
fliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 19 reviews
Send a message via AIM to fliprayzin240sx
Quote:
Originally Posted by smellslikecurry View Post

then i bought what was probably the cleanest s14 a few months later from rich from revtech racing...

it took me about a week before i slid across my neighbors lawn smashing my cwest kit and destroying my simmons wheels
YOUR STILL AN ASSHOLE FOR DOING THAT!!! I saved the carbon hood from you thank god!!! I fucking loved that car, except for it was automatic...
(wait did i ever meet you in NJ?!?! I keep fucking forgetting if I did or not)

The OG IFX guys will always be my first close knit family...Stans pretty much the only person I've said wussup to online in awhile. Most of the guys have either moved on or just grew up from it.

Talked to Richard a while back to see wussup with him, guess he's still rocking the S2K. Tried to get with him in Philippines during Xmas, but i fucking forgot to bring his phone number back with me.

Anyways, Life Plaza Meets back in 03, went to a couple when I was down in Socal that summer. Kenny dragged me over there and met up with Mike, Henry and a bunch of other guys. Chill out there till 11 ish then used to go up to GMR or Bullrun and hang out there till 3 in the morning.

Wait what happend to Henry anyways? Last shit I remember about him was when he wrecked trying to run from the cops. HAHA...who still got pictures of that?!?!

If you think Zilvia has too many assholes...
CLICK HERE!!!
fliprayzin240sx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2008, 09:14 AM   #208
ixfxi
Post Whore!

ixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfection
Quote:
Originally Posted by skylindrftr View Post
lol when was that? It doesn't sit that way anymore, sucks even worse now. I had Tein HR's at the time, non height independent adjustable suckers.... I switched them out for Apex'i N1 EXV's so it's lower now =P
i have pictures of this car saved on my computer at the office.

seriously, you guys have no clue how huge my collection is. its near 10 years of continuous "right-click-save"

i saved numerous photos of widebody cars, all because i knew i wanted to go that configuration... eventually. the thing is, doing widebody right is a very hard thing. there are so many variables that need to be taken into consideration, and no offense.. many people (including yourself) could benefit from. things like ride height, body panels, molding or not molding, etc.. all make a difference in the finished look of the car. and by finished, i mean really, really........ meticulously finished and assembled.

this is the thing almost ALL 240 owners skimp on, is assembling the car in a way that looks professional and factory, keeping the body panels lined up and the seams equally matched. this is pretty much an impossibility if you use shitty aftermarket parts or if you simply dont care and use zipties for attaching your bumper/fender/closing your pants.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HyperTek View Post
2002 convention my car next to mike mamos car i think lol
yep, thats definitely my s13 with the FD wheels and I think thats Ken Fujimatsu's 91-93 next to me (my brother at the time, with the matching champaaaaaaaagne gold)....

i have some more pics I'll have to post up of that nissan convention, i have a few wallpaper photos i took with me and jon carsons super clean super stock s13.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fliprayzin240sx View Post
Wait what happend to Henry anyways? Last shit I remember about him was when he wrecked trying to run from the cops. HAHA...who still got pictures of that?!?!
haha yup, im waiting for someone to post up some old school nitekids photos as well! that shit is GOLD. i still remember logging in to see fucking COP PICS of his car getting impounded, fucking awesome.

seriously, henry went down in fuckin HISTORY. i dont care how many accounts he's made or how many times he's been banned (shit, ive been banned like what, 5-10 times already)? its all fun.

i think moderators often take their secretarial job of FILING unorganized posts in the wrong section too fucking serious. ;-)

Quote:

SORRY

chip.................

on........

shoulder...............

seriously, i dont think you've realized that no one cares. either you've been around long enough to be able to contribute to this thread, or in this case, YOU DONT. if you have nothing to contribute, well.. you know you can click back to the "Zilvia.net Forums>" link and return to posting in the hundreds of other threads on zilvia.

as for people killing the scene, i dont think it really matters much. we've all managed to stay connected (through various people/forums/etc) throughout the years. i still talk to richard tang, glenn sato, omar, sam, wayne, harp, kevin/lisa, etc etc etc. Sure, you get busier as life passes us by but we're still around.

im sure lots of people thought i got rid of my 240 at some point because i dont post often, but i still have it... its just been on the back burner for several years now. do it right or dont do it at all.

all i can say is good luck to you guys who plan on restoring their cars, its a HUGE amount of work and takes big money. if i knew i'de spend upwards of 30k doing what i've been doing i doubt i would do it again. at least now i know my car will be clean another decade (maybe two) and be safe and secure in my garage.

i wouldnt suggest modifying your cars if they're not parked indoors. community has grown too shady for that.

speaking of which, anyone ever found my black demon cambers yet? i've been wondering when they are going to surface up again. they were stolen maybe 2 years ago... 16x8 -15 with black centers. oh well.. tear.
ixfxi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2008, 09:57 AM   #209
racepar1
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (106)
racepar1 is close to perfectionracepar1 is close to perfectionracepar1 is close to perfectionracepar1 is close to perfectionracepar1 is close to perfectionracepar1 is close to perfectionracepar1 is close to perfectionracepar1 is close to perfectionracepar1 is close to perfectionracepar1 is close to perfectionracepar1 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 106 reviews
Quote:

SORRY
YOU need to chill. The thread title doesn't state "anybody who truly loves the cars come in and post pics". It is asking for TRUE OG 240 owners to come in and post pics and stories. All these 2002+ pics are NOT what was REQUESTED by the OP in this thread, therefore they DON'T belong. You are not OG and neither am I. It is not necessarily our faults, we were just too young and/or broke to be a part of it back then. I feel I have an OG attitude, but that doesn't make me OG or make my "old" pics actually belong in this thread. That is what Russ was trying to get across. Not that he or other truly OG 240 owners are better, but that the rest of us don't need to be posting our un-qualified pics and shit here. If you have an OGish story, then post it up. If you have a truly OG pic or two (even if they are just things that you found on the internet), then post them up. If you have questions, then ask them. Just don't clutter up the thread with a bunch of pics and shit that doesn't belong here.
racepar1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2008, 10:26 AM   #210
S13SilviaGirl
UGH Really?

Trader Rating: (4)
S13SilviaGirl is close to perfectionS13SilviaGirl is close to perfectionS13SilviaGirl is close to perfectionS13SilviaGirl is close to perfectionS13SilviaGirl is close to perfectionS13SilviaGirl is close to perfectionS13SilviaGirl is close to perfectionS13SilviaGirl is close to perfectionS13SilviaGirl is close to perfectionS13SilviaGirl is close to perfectionS13SilviaGirl is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 4 reviews
Shit, SO many Old_S13 stories to tell...

First one...getting on the freeway at some ungodly hour, only to have Mike and Dunn take off hauling ass....I couldn't keep up in my civic. Think to myself "bastard fucking LEFT ME! He is soo gonna die"....while later, find his house...that wasn't fun for anyone. But, I still luv Mike and thank god he never took what I said seriously! haha

Next...Mexican restaurant, has a margarita...tell waitress it was his b-day. Mike is the best person EVAR to tell them it is his b-day at a place when it really isnt....He loves that you remembered his birthday no matter what! (Even better when at islands and the waitress apologizes for not noticing his birthday when she carded him! hahhaa).

Mike wanting to 'clearcorners.com' the rental Solara lights "come on Lisa, they wont notice it when I am done with them!" I still think he just wanted a free platform template. Were you in the car when we brake checked it, and tried to launch it?

Lastly, not sure if Mike was apart of this or not, but a classic oldie...CucinaCucina in Ontario....and the Green Penii on the table, and the waiter hitting on (was it Jeff? I can't remember!)

My Review Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by DTCSuperstar
I surf Zilvia naked in my home...
S13SilviaGirl is offline   Reply With Quote