Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Tech Talk

Tech Talk Technical Discussion About The Nissan 240SX and Nissan Z Cars

Old 03-30-2013, 08:48 AM   #181
taeisbeast
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (10)
taeisbeast is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 10 reviews
Waiting for the results.
taeisbeast is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 04-09-2013, 05:47 PM   #182
chernandez240

Trader Rating: (0)
chernandez240 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
how many QT's of oil does oil pan holds?
chernandez240 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2013, 03:00 AM   #183
ZacKisBacK_Fr
Leaky Injector

ZacKisBacK_Fr is an unknown quantity at this point
Any feedback for this swap kit, anyone bought this?
Old 04-10-2013, 02:26 PM   #184
chernandez240

I received my order yesterday. I don't have many comments yet! Workmanship looks acceptable and the motor mounts fit just right on the block, the only thing I notice while test fitting the headers is that the OEM plug wires wont work, some are actually touching the exhaust headers.

I will be ordering some 45 degree angle spark plug wires to see if they work.

I will be testing the oil pan this weekend, I did noticed that the OEM oil dip stick will not work.

http://i1001.photobucket.com/albums/...ps02918daf.jpg

http://i1001.photobucket.com/albums/...pse65a28a6.jpg

http://i1001.photobucket.com/albums/...psb351f3b4.jpg

http://i1001.photobucket.com/albums/...psb0524c83.jpg

http://i1001.photobucket.com/albums/...ps46ee07b5.jpg

http://i1001.photobucket.com/albums/...psbb4a486e.jpg
Old 04-11-2013, 10:38 AM   #185
s14kkouki
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (13)
s14kkouki is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 13 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by chernandez240 View Post
I received my order yesterday. I don't have many comments yet! Workmanship looks acceptable and the motor mounts fit just right on the block, the only thing I notice while test fitting the headers is that the OEM plug wires wont work, some are actually touching the exhaust headers.

I will be ordering some 45 degree angle spark plug wires to see if they work.

I will be testing the oil pan this weekend, I did noticed that the OEM oil dip stick will not work.

http://i1001.photobucket.com/albums/...ps02918daf.jpg

http://i1001.photobucket.com/albums/...pse65a28a6.jpg

http://i1001.photobucket.com/albums/...psb351f3b4.jpg

http://i1001.photobucket.com/albums/...psb0524c83.jpg

http://i1001.photobucket.com/albums/...ps46ee07b5.jpg

http://i1001.photobucket.com/albums/...psbb4a486e.jpg

Keep us updated man. Im still waiting on who's kit to buy. so far fuel racing has my money, but if we can save ourselves some money by this this kit i wouldn't mind.
s14kkouki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2013, 06:12 PM   #186
s14kkouki
Zilvia Junkie

s14kkouki is an unknown quantity at this point
Bump for updates.
s14kkouki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2013, 11:05 PM   #187
Project S13
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (1)
Project S13 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Is this kit a/c friendly? going into s13. Triple digit summers in vegas.

Also about what the guy up top said about the oe dipstick and spark plug wires not working what's up with that?
Project S13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2013, 04:57 PM   #188
ReLiC
Zilvia Addict

ReLiC is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by JasianBlazin View Post
cxracing making a ls1 kit? they can't even make ruca's, both broke as soon as i took the car off jack stands. bahahaha.
Quote:
Originally Posted by cxracing View Post
hater. our LS kit has been running at Formula D for the entire 2012 season without any issues.
I guess they won't respond until someone offends them. Very professional.
ReLiC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2013, 03:03 PM   #189
Swag240
Leaky Injector

Swag240 is an unknown quantity at this point
Any updates on this kit ??
Swag240 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2013, 05:33 AM   #190
nissanguy93
Leaky Injector

nissanguy93 is an unknown quantity at this point
Bump for an update! I'm also one deciding on whos kit. If these do the job its a good bit of $ saved you could use getting other odds and ends. Would like to hear some feedback on this kit and if everything lines up.
nissanguy93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2013, 04:43 PM   #191
chernandez240

Alright guys, all my comments are based on my personal experience, please do not use my comments as a decision factor to buy or not buy this kit. Everyone does stuff different and I might be doing something wrong here but to the lack of support I just need to improvise as I go.

i just decided to tackle this project last weekend. If you want to know if this kit works, the strait answer is yes.

Is it perfect? the answer is no... there are details involved that you can just ignore or fix as you go.

Per my comments above this is what i have done.

1. Spark plugs hitting the headers:
I order some ACCEL wire plugs that have 45 degree bent, but even then the headers are touching. Will it work, YES! you need to first mount the headers loose then put the plug wires and then tighten the header bolts. I will also be using spark plug heat sleeves. The problem will come when you have to replace your spark plugs the headers will have to come loose in order for you to remove some of the spark plugs.

[IMG][/IMG]

2.Motor mount plates are good.

3.One side of the motor mount will have to be cut or grind depending on far you push you engine back, the header will touch the passenger motor mount that bolts the cross member, If I can accomplish point number 6 below the problem will be solved.

4.Oil pan fits perfect, the only problem is that there is no dipstick so you have to make sure to keep up with your maintenance and make sure that there are no oil leaks or customize a dipstick, i decided not to do anything and leave the dipstick out of the equation.

4.Transmission mount is great.

5.Shifter is not centered and it has to do with my point number 6.

6.I personally feel that the engine sit way too much towards the front and it needs to be pushed back about an inch or more if possible, the problem is that I am limited by the oil pan and the cross member. The oil pan is sitting too close to the cross member , in order to fit it I had to cut and grind a bit on the cross member. Will it work, yes but I decided to say screw it and I will be cutting/modifying my cross member to be able to push the engine from 1 to 2 inches back. By doing this it will give a lot more space around the radiator area and the shifter will be sitting more in the center.

7. The passenger header downpipe sits lower than the driver side, I want to assume that is because there is no hump on the passenger side of the 240sx for the exhaust to run as opposed to the driver side where the stock exhaust runs.

By going with kit you would save around $1250 if you compare it to the SIKKY kit, is it worth it I say yes, but then again I don’t mind doing extra work I’m all about doing stuff at the lowest cost possible.

Good luck!!
Old 06-01-2013, 06:13 AM   #192
curbcheck

curbcheck is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
[/IMG]
3.One side of the motor mount will have to be cut or grind depending on far you push you engine back, the header will touch the passenger motor mount that bolts the cross member, If I can accomplish point number 6 below the problem will be solved.
Thanks for the info bro! all input helps. heres a few things that might help solve some problems. spark plugs your right, theres nothing you can do about it. it will work, just a b***h to get them in. mounts: first off you need to put the mounts with the open part up. that will help with the headers hitting. heres a pic of what im talking about

2. the plates can be flipped 180deg and it will raise or lower the motor by 1/2 inch. the center piece it offset by 1/2 inch . if you have it setup sitting low you can flip the plates to raise the motor so it will clear the x member a little more and you will be able to slide it back another inch or so. Hope that helps
curbcheck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2013, 08:33 PM   #193
00-BUCK

00-BUCK is an unknown quantity at this point
what is the part# on the sparkplug wires you all are useing with these headers ?
what is the part# on the sparkplug heat sheilds ?
what is the oil capacity on this oil pan ?
00-BUCK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2013, 08:48 PM   #194
JESTA_DRFT

JESTA_DRFT is an unknown quantity at this point
I just recently installed the kit and everything is great except for the passenger header issue with it being too low. The driver side clears everything no problem but the passenger side is low and with a vband clamp on it, its even lower. Just today I broke my clamp off pulling in to my not very steep driveway. I was looking to try and flip the plate on the passenger side mount to maybe raise it up but the plate is already on the high setting. Im not really sure if there is something else I can do with this header or maybe there is a revised version that has it sitting the same level as the driver side. My car is dropped but its not slammed and nothing else scrapes except for that one header and it makes it not so enjoyable to drive having to worry about it. Hopefully there is a updated passenger header that I can get, I will call cx tomorrow and ask if there is a such thing. Aside from that though the kit worked perfect.
JESTA_DRFT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2013, 08:12 AM   #195
Bmxer300zx
Zilvia Member

Bmxer300zx is an unknown quantity at this point
That sux to hear. Def call them and notify them of the problem hopefully they can resolve it.
If that fails I looked quick at pics of the headers on ebay the passenger side seems like it maybe able to be shortened a inch or 2 at a shop thats trustworthy.
Bmxer300zx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2013, 10:20 AM   #196
chernandez240

I’m glad that this kit is working for you JESTA_DRFT!

The suggestions that curbcheck gave me helped a bit but still not what I was looking for.

I ended up modifying a few things to move my engine back.

I cut 2 windows in my cross member to allow the corners of the oil pan to slide in.

The problem with doing that, is that now the transmission mount would no longer line up, I just cut a notch on the transmission mount a little bit of casting on the tranny to be able to adjust the transmission mount.

Here are a few pics of the oil pan .

You can see the difference on how the shifter sits.

I now have the mounting plates to the higher location, but I have not tested the passenger side header. But if you are saying that is still low I believe you and I’m sure I will have the same problem.

I really doubt that CX racing will have a modified version, but if you hear something please let me know.
Old 06-17-2013, 01:34 PM   #197
curbcheck

curbcheck is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
I’m glad that this kit is working for you JESTA_DRFT!

The suggestions that curbcheck gave me helped a bit but still not what I was looking for.

I ended up modifying a few things to move my engine back.

I cut 2 windows in my cross member to allow the corners of the oil pan to slide in.

The problem with doing that, is that now the transmission mount would no longer line up, I just cut a notch on the transmission mount a little bit of casting on the tranny to be able to adjust the transmission mount.

Here are a few pics of the oil pan .

You can see the difference on how the shifter sits.

I now have the mounting plates to the higher location, but I have not tested the passenger side header. But if you are saying that is still low I believe you and I’m sure I will have the same problem.

I really doubt that CX racing will have a modified version, but if you hear something please let me know.
Glad it help out some. i might notch the subframe myself just to get it back another inch or so. and yes the driver side header fits perfect but the passenger side sit a little low. im going to cut out 1.5 to 2 inches and weld it back together so it sits like the drive side does. even with having to mod the kit to work, im still happy with it due to the pricing.
curbcheck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2013, 05:49 PM   #198
00-BUCK

00-BUCK is an unknown quantity at this point
What plug wires are you running with those headers ?
what is the oil capacity of oil pan ?
what are you going to do for dip stick?
00-BUCK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2013, 08:21 AM   #199
d-macs13

d-macs13 is an unknown quantity at this point
Yes i would also like to know if anyone is using a dip stick with this kit sense it does not come with one
d-macs13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2013, 10:38 PM   #200
nissanguy93
Leaky Injector

Cxracing said the next batch of oil pans would have dip sticks and would be in march. Anyone know if they have updated it? Also the driveshaft was said to be available in march. And im very interested to see if that passenger side header gets redone, looks to hang way under the frame rails and these cars sit low. If these issues can be fixed looks like a great kit for lower cost. I will give it a shot if header issue is fixed and dipsticks added
Old 06-30-2013, 05:23 PM   #201
Gitusum
Leaky Injector

Gitusum is an unknown quantity at this point
i am interested in 1 of these kits as well but also wanting answers on if it is a/c friendly and if so what modifications need to be done to make it so the a/c fits and works. also would like to know more on the dipstick and how many quarts of oil it holds. did the headers ever get changed to hold 02's? and any news on the wiring and drive shaft etc etc?
Gitusum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2013, 07:41 AM   #202
blueshark123
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (55)
blueshark123 has a brilliant futureblueshark123 has a brilliant futureblueshark123 has a brilliant futureblueshark123 has a brilliant futureblueshark123 has a brilliant futureblueshark123 has a brilliant futureblueshark123 has a brilliant futureblueshark123 has a brilliant futureblueshark123 has a brilliant futureblueshark123 has a brilliant futureblueshark123 has a brilliant future
Feedback Score: 55 reviews
I have similar problems with the sikky kit being that the shifter is too forward and my passenger header is lower then driver but not as bad as the cx header I believe.
blueshark123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2013, 11:45 PM   #203
wacko2
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (5)
wacko2 is making a name for him/her selfwacko2 is making a name for him/her selfwacko2 is making a name for him/her self
Feedback Score: 5 reviews
if you go to Broadfield page 51 they talk about different between trannys.

Uploaded with ImageShack.us
wacko2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2013, 03:58 AM   #204
jtl260z

jtl260z is an unknown quantity at this point
I bought a turbo "kit" from CXracing that was supposed to allow me to bolt in their manifold, turbo, downpipe, etc. They DO NOT stand behind their products. I realize that no turbo kit is going to be a drop in, but their kit, not even close. The manifold fit okay but didn't come with the wastegate flange welded on (as pictured). The turbo has excessive shaft play (wheel hits the compressor housing). The downpipe is 9" short from top to bottom so it wouldn't fit at all. The oil feed line and all of the turbo fittings they supplied were wrong. No coolant fittings were supplied. After multiple attempts to contact my salesperson and Kevin, I got no response at all.
So my $1200 turbo kit ended up costing me a lot more + the ton of extra fab time. It just wasn't worth it.

From my experience, Cxracing will be happy to take your money but they will do absolutely nothing but ignore you if you have an issue.

I would never consider buying another part from CXracing.
jtl260z is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2013, 04:59 AM   #205
SupaDoopa
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (26)
SupaDoopa has made poor choicesSupaDoopa has made poor choicesSupaDoopa has made poor choicesSupaDoopa has made poor choicesSupaDoopa has made poor choicesSupaDoopa has made poor choicesSupaDoopa has made poor choices
Feedback Score: 26 reviews
Send a message via AIM to SupaDoopa
And this is why they aren't a vastly popular brand.
SupaDoopa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2013, 07:03 AM   #206
niscur29
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (14)
niscur29 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 14 reviews
No disrespect to cxracing but if you are going to cheap out and then have to mod anyways why not get something a little better made with better support etc. I was going to buy this kit decided against it and found another lower budget option with better parts.

1. Slide motorsports mounts: $220 on the ebay uses stock ma/Sr mounts.
2. GTO pan &pickup $300 new, you are going to modify shit anyways, at least u get oem quality and a damn dipstick.
3. Solid mounts $40-80 on the eBay/vendor etc
4. Hooker Mild black headers $550 shipped on summit. No plug issues pass/driver dame height.
5. Shaftmaster aluminum driveshaft $360 shipped

About $1600 shipped for the above. Majority made in USA or USA company. You will modify anyways but you start with a better product and each of the above work together fine. Took about 15 mins to modify the mounts to clear headers. Cross member modded like the daft kits. Plenty of tunnel clearance. Fbody t56 centered in stock shifter hole and I installed the tranny with shifter on and never took apart the console. Had enough room to fit 3" griffin rad with Taurus fan using ctsv accessories. Much happier in the end after seeing the reports on the cx kit and wallet impacted about the same.
niscur29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2013, 02:36 AM   #207
DAG

DAG is an unknown quantity at this point
my man above ^^^^makes great point

what I did......

just get hooker mounts, hooker headers, gto pan, notch cradle and call driveshaft shop for a shaft OR.... u can use a f body shaft with some minor fab skills. wildwood almost gives away masters, little BASIC wiring your good to rip. saves money and who cares if your cradles notched its stronger after and gto pan is great, filter and dipstick not issues, if u drift add baffles and 3/4's of a extra quart of oil to gto pan.--- other than that if u must have a high $$$ kit.... BUY SIKKY.--why u ask??---- go out get those "How to build LS series motors" books from barns and nobles. there's 3 different books all written by the GM engineers who made the first LS1's way back in early 90's and read those. You will find in ALL 3 books they talk about how IMPORTANT the oil pan is to the gen III and IV motors..... the oil pans are a MAJOR structural part of the all LS designs. notice all OEM pans bolt not just to the motor.... but the transmission also. That is because the aluminum flexes... flex=pinch pinch to pistons. that=blown motor. so if the oil pan does not bolt to your transmission like ALL oem GM oil pans. don't buy it. SIKKY is the only ones who picked up a book or researched before they made the kit. This is not a plug for sikky but only to help you guys with your "kit choices". HAPPY 240ing and good luck with your v8 swaps. once you have a v8 you will love it.
DAG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2013, 02:40 AM   #208
DAG

DAG is an unknown quantity at this point
as far as CX nice guys, great drifter drivers. they make GREAT GREAT coolant tanks!! but that's it. REMEMBER YOU GET WHAT YOU PAY FOR..........
DAG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2013, 05:01 AM   #209
nissanguy93
Leaky Injector

Good info guys. I just picked up a gto oil pan, silde motorsports mounts/aluminum mounts, looking for a clutch before i buy headers, i like hookers but i decided to go this rt being cxracing has no dip stick and header issue, plus not so great customer service. Looks like a good kit but havnt been able to get ahold of them once since ive been researching it. Anyone else that did the cx kit or pieced there own together? And are you guys buying the premade p/s line or making your own? Good info for anyone doing a budget lsx swap
Old 07-20-2013, 10:59 AM   #210
cxracing
Zilvia.net Advertiser

Trader Rating: (-1)
cxracing is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: -1 reviews
we now offer dipstick for the oil pan now, as well as dust cover for the tranny. for customers who had bought our oil pans, we can offer the kit at a very low price, just call us.

this dipstick solution is very simple, we designed and made a fitting to fit the stock dipstick perfectly, then use braided oil line with fittings. except the 1st few oil pans sold at the very beginning, the rest oil pans we have sold already have the fitting welded on the pan, all you need to do is to make the line and plug and play.

working on electronic wiring, will offer a kit soon.

cxracing is offline   Reply With Quote