Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > Specific Topics > Off Topic Chat

Off Topic Chat All non related chat goes here.

Old 04-16-2020, 05:33 AM   #1
Krusty_s13
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (0)
Krusty_s13 has much to be proud ofKrusty_s13 has much to be proud ofKrusty_s13 has much to be proud ofKrusty_s13 has much to be proud ofKrusty_s13 has much to be proud ofKrusty_s13 has much to be proud ofKrusty_s13 has much to be proud ofKrusty_s13 has much to be proud ofKrusty_s13 has much to be proud ofKrusty_s13 has much to be proud ofKrusty_s13 has much to be proud of
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Standard View Post
So I keep buying parts for my car, they just sit in a pile and I can't find the motivation/time to get to work on my pos. I work on cars every day professionally and I do enjoy it, but it seems I neglect my own vehicles at times. My car will be so cool when it's done, it's just making it happen that I need to focus on. I've owned the car for 12 years, it was the exact opposite scenario when I was younger, all the time and motivation, but no money lol

Any input on how some in the same situation manage to get shit done? I come on here and look at builds and what not and think "fuck, I need to do that shit" haha I'm more than capable with anything mechanical/fabrication related and I still love the s-chassis to death, just can't seem to want to go work on my damn car.

Am I a fool? Do I suck at life? Or is this a common 30's phase that will pass. Discuss...
eh. I lose motivation from time to time as well, but because I don't work on cars professionally, I try to use my time working on them as my escape from the norm. But, the neglect on my daily driver is REAL.

Cars suck. Carry on.
Old 04-16-2020, 10:01 AM   #2
Bluejayde
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (4)
Bluejayde has a reputation beyond reputeBluejayde has a reputation beyond reputeBluejayde has a reputation beyond reputeBluejayde has a reputation beyond reputeBluejayde has a reputation beyond reputeBluejayde has a reputation beyond reputeBluejayde has a reputation beyond reputeBluejayde has a reputation beyond reputeBluejayde has a reputation beyond reputeBluejayde has a reputation beyond reputeBluejayde has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 4 reviews
Quote:
So I keep buying parts for my car, they just sit in a pile and I can't find the motivation/time to get to work on my pos. I work on cars every day professionally and I do enjoy it, but it seems I neglect my own vehicles at times. My car will be so cool when it's done, it's just making it happen that I need to focus on. I've owned the car for 12 years, it was the exact opposite scenario when I was younger, all the time and motivation, but no money lol

Any input on how some in the same situation manage to get shit done? I come on here and look at builds and what not and think "fuck, I need to do that shit" haha I'm more than capable with anything mechanical/fabrication related and I still love the s-chassis to death, just can't seem to want to go work on my damn car.

Am I a fool? Do I suck at life? Or is this a common 30's phase that will pass. Discuss...
The hard part is getting started. pick a small piece that you can complete easily, next thing you know you're building metal fender flares...
Bluejayde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2020, 10:22 AM   #3
DJDANGER24
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (10)
DJDANGER24 has a reputation beyond reputeDJDANGER24 has a reputation beyond reputeDJDANGER24 has a reputation beyond reputeDJDANGER24 has a reputation beyond reputeDJDANGER24 has a reputation beyond reputeDJDANGER24 has a reputation beyond reputeDJDANGER24 has a reputation beyond reputeDJDANGER24 has a reputation beyond reputeDJDANGER24 has a reputation beyond reputeDJDANGER24 has a reputation beyond reputeDJDANGER24 has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 10 reviews
Send a message via AIM to DJDANGER24 Send a message via MSN to DJDANGER24 Send a message via Yahoo to DJDANGER24
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluejayde View Post
The hard part is getting started. pick a small piece that you can complete easily, next thing you know you're building metal fender flares...
What he said. Start some small, easy tasks and work your way through the pile.
Old 04-16-2020, 10:59 AM   #4
spooled240
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (27)
spooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 27 reviews
Quote:

Grab a beer, play some jams and have fun with it. The moment you start seeing your build as work it sucks.
spooled240 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2020, 12:46 PM   #5
ADIDASilvias
Leaky Injector

ADIDASilvias is a jewel in the roughADIDASilvias is a jewel in the roughADIDASilvias is a jewel in the roughADIDASilvias is a jewel in the roughADIDASilvias is a jewel in the roughADIDASilvias is a jewel in the roughADIDASilvias is a jewel in the roughADIDASilvias is a jewel in the rough
Quote:
So I keep buying parts for my car, they just sit in a pile and I can't find the motivation/time to get to work on my pos.

**SNIP**

I'm right there with ya buddy. I have 3 big tubs in the basement right now that contain approximately $15k worth of parts. Already put about $7k worth of parts on the car. I have completed the suspension (coilovers and adjustable arms), exhaust, headlights, subframe bushings, Z32 brakes, exhaust, 5-lug swap, and various other bits, and i have the RB25 Neo about half torn down.

I decided to attack a few other hobbies as I was getting burnt out on the car. Here we are about 2 years later, and I'm getting interested in the Zenki again. I do not work on cars for a living, and everything tends to take about 3 times longer than it should, but I want to make sure it is right the first time, so I don't rush things.

I'm starting up again here soon. The good thing is I really don't have much left to purchase. Only a few things left to make decisions on, but the major purchases are mostly done already. The biggest one left is the decision on body kit, and I may go Navan just for cleanliness and ease of installation. Plus, it looks good. I'm not getting crazy with overfenders and widebody kits. I want to keep it reasonably low key with as much retention of metal body parts as possible.
ADIDASilvias is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2020, 10:25 AM   #6
Corbic
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (8)
Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic
Feedback Score: 8 reviews
Ya'll lock down, get back to wrenching
Corbic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2020, 12:36 PM   #7
deolio
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (13)
deolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 13 reviews
i usually have to set a deadline to get anything done. registering for some big event lights a fire under my ass pretty good.
Old 04-17-2020, 12:27 AM   #8
Standard
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (11)
Standard has much to be proud ofStandard has much to be proud ofStandard has much to be proud ofStandard has much to be proud ofStandard has much to be proud ofStandard has much to be proud ofStandard has much to be proud ofStandard has much to be proud ofStandard has much to be proud ofStandard has much to be proud ofStandard has much to be proud of
Feedback Score: 11 reviews
Word, good shit guys, make wrenching fun again 2020 lol
Standard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2020, 10:45 AM   #9
KA24DESOneThree
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (2)
KA24DESOneThree is close to perfectionKA24DESOneThree is close to perfectionKA24DESOneThree is close to perfectionKA24DESOneThree is close to perfectionKA24DESOneThree is close to perfectionKA24DESOneThree is close to perfectionKA24DESOneThree is close to perfectionKA24DESOneThree is close to perfectionKA24DESOneThree is close to perfectionKA24DESOneThree is close to perfectionKA24DESOneThree is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Nah, Rover/TVR hybrid V8 with dry sump coupled to a mag-case H-pattern 4-speed.

Light and simple. I'll just gear the trans for all the tracks I might visit.

Honestly, I'm losing faith that I'll ever be a track rat again. There are so many builds I want to do that by the time I'm back onto my coupe, I'll be in my sixties.
KA24DESOneThree is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2020, 07:57 PM   #10
dorkidori_s13
ITS LISA'S FAULT!!!

Trader Rating: (41)
dorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 41 reviews
just a heads up "old grumpy assholes'... go change your password RIGHT NOW! my account was hacked and someone posted some "Bride Seats" under my account. so do yourselves a favor, CHANGE YOUR PASSWORD!

Check out my IG for what I'm up to! DORKIDORI INSTAGRAM!!!
dorkidori_s13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2020, 06:26 AM   #11
SupaDoopa
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (26)
SupaDoopa has made poor choicesSupaDoopa has made poor choicesSupaDoopa has made poor choicesSupaDoopa has made poor choicesSupaDoopa has made poor choicesSupaDoopa has made poor choicesSupaDoopa has made poor choices
Feedback Score: 26 reviews
Send a message via AIM to SupaDoopa
It's funny because I'm lowkey trolling everyone on there and no one notices yet.

What boggles my mind are these fucking idiots that are buying shit on YAJ! with no information on them, receiving them after paying way too much then asking if it's rare or a piece of shit. Just because there is no information doesn't make it valuable. Shit, these days I've even said fuck paying Ganador price and just bought the GKTech jumpoffs.
SupaDoopa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2020, 10:50 AM   #12
Corbic
Post Whore!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SupaDoopa View Post
It's funny because I'm lowkey trolling everyone on there and no one notices yet.

What boggles my mind are these fucking idiots that are buying shit on YAJ! with no information on them, receiving them after paying way too much then asking if it's rare or a piece of shit. Just because there is no information doesn't make it valuable. Shit, these days I've even said fuck paying Ganador price and just bought the GKTech jumpoffs.
Yeah but seriously,

Should I RB20, SR20 or CA18 swap my Zenki?

Rb20 is like a Skyline engine and stuff and the CA18 is going to have better Ballance for drifting but like everyone wants an SR lolz
Old 04-21-2020, 12:27 AM   #13
merlz
Zilvia Member

merlz is a name known to allmerlz is a name known to allmerlz is a name known to allmerlz is a name known to allmerlz is a name known to allmerlz is a name known to allmerlz is a name known to allmerlz is a name known to allmerlz is a name known to allmerlz is a name known to allmerlz is a name known to all
Quote:

Oh mate, don't fucking start me.
"I bought this heap of shit horn button with x brand on it i've never heard of... Do i have something rare?"

Meanwhile the Japanese are laughing their asses off selling all their fucking junk for top dollar.
Old 04-21-2020, 01:00 PM   #14
Corbic
Post Whore!

Quote:
Originally Posted by merlz View Post
Oh mate, don't fucking start me.

"I bought this heap of shit horn button with x brand on it i've never heard of... Do i have something rare?"

Meanwhile the Japanese are laughing their asses off selling all their fucking junk for top dollar.
Imagine in another 20 years...

Bruh,

NIB NRG Steering Wheel, $500 Firm
Used ISIS Control Arms, little Rust $1,500 OBO
KSport Coils, Need Rebuild $1,000 Firm
APC Boost Gauge, $400
Old 04-20-2020, 10:52 AM   #15
Corbic
Post Whore!

Fuck, I remember these used to be $800 engines sets.

Get a whole Silvia clip for $2500 with a CA18.
Old 04-22-2020, 08:08 AM   #16
RalliartRsX
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (32)
RalliartRsX is close to perfectionRalliartRsX is close to perfectionRalliartRsX is close to perfectionRalliartRsX is close to perfectionRalliartRsX is close to perfectionRalliartRsX is close to perfectionRalliartRsX is close to perfectionRalliartRsX is close to perfectionRalliartRsX is close to perfectionRalliartRsX is close to perfectionRalliartRsX is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 32 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Corbic View Post
Fuck, I remember these used to be $800 engines sets.
"insert shitty RB20 engine image from EBay"
"INsert shitty CA18 engine image from EBay"
"insert shitty RB20 engine image from EBay"

Get a whole Silvia clip for $2500 with a CA18.
Every single one of those pieces of shit paperweights are just that.....worth less than the lint in my pocket....

Buying shit off ebay = fucked up pricing for really shitty items lol

Yeah, those days are long gone. Racewars seem to always be a week away.....
RalliartRsX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2020, 12:25 PM   #17
dorkidori_s13
ITS LISA'S FAULT!!!

dorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfection
them motors are getting expensive in Japan land... SR motor sets in decent shape are selling for like $1700-$2000 right now.

dont even try to buy a 180sx zenki bumper. those are going for $600 EASY anymore.

Old 04-28-2020, 09:35 AM   #18
ZenkiKid
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (9)
ZenkiKid has much to be proud ofZenkiKid has much to be proud ofZenkiKid has much to be proud ofZenkiKid has much to be proud ofZenkiKid has much to be proud ofZenkiKid has much to be proud ofZenkiKid has much to be proud ofZenkiKid has much to be proud ofZenkiKid has much to be proud ofZenkiKid has much to be proud ofZenkiKid has much to be proud of
Feedback Score: 9 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by dorkidori_s13 View Post
them motors are getting expensive in Japan land... SR motor sets in decent shape are selling for like $1700-$2000 right now.

dont even try to buy a 180sx zenki bumper. those are going for $600 EASY anymore.
I got my s13 in late 2006 so I was lucky enough to buy stuff before it got really crazy....

I remember when RB25 short blocks were going for not even a grand. I remember when SR motor sets were going for <$1k for early red tops. Mint s13 front ends going for like $600, etc. Prices are nuts now.

I bought a Nardi Gara and HKB hub for my s13 from NEOTECH (I bought quite a bit of stuff from NEOTECH and Panda Garage. IIRC they split the shipment container) for $80 a little over 10 years ago Nowadays the wheel alone is going for double. Then again prices on Nardi stuff in general seem to have gone up.
ZenkiKid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2020, 01:49 PM   #19
DRIFTER-M
Zilvia Addict

DRIFTER-M is a glorious beacon of lightDRIFTER-M is a glorious beacon of lightDRIFTER-M is a glorious beacon of lightDRIFTER-M is a glorious beacon of lightDRIFTER-M is a glorious beacon of lightDRIFTER-M is a glorious beacon of lightDRIFTER-M is a glorious beacon of lightDRIFTER-M is a glorious beacon of lightDRIFTER-M is a glorious beacon of lightDRIFTER-M is a glorious beacon of lightDRIFTER-M is a glorious beacon of light
Send a message via AIM to DRIFTER-M
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZenkiKid View Post
I got my s13 in late 2006 so I was lucky enough to buy stuff before it got really crazy....

I remember when RB25 short blocks were going for not even a grand. I remember when SR motor sets were going for <$1k for early red tops. Mint s13 front ends going for like $600, etc. Prices are nuts now.

I bought a Nardi Gara and HKB hub for my s13 from NEOTECH (I bought quite a bit of stuff from NEOTECH and Panda Garage. IIRC they split the shipment container) for $80 a little over 10 years ago Nowadays the wheel alone is going for double. Then again prices on Nardi stuff in general seem to have gone up.
I feel you...

But...

I got my first s-chassis in 04 (though my sister had one in the 90s which began my obsession) and I never remember SRs being anywhere close to sub 1k for a motorset. They use to be 1500-1800 pretty regularly (usually blacktop s13 would venture closer to 1800), and s14 blacktops were low 2000.

Wherever you found them for that price, regardless of year, was a stupid good deal or very poor conditioned motors.

Wheels are ridiculous. Truly can't stand the current market BS. So much of the dumb "flip boi" kids got into the scene and started screwing stuff up. I sold my 3 pieces Kranze with dope sizing for 1k 2 years ago. $1000. Finding wheels today is a nightmare. Even stuff like MB Battles people are charging some "rare" markup on ROFL. I don't have the heart to tell people you can import the original CST wheels brand new for around the same dang price as the current inflated "rare" markup if you find the right person.

Stupid.
Old 04-30-2020, 04:13 PM   #20
mechanicalmoron
Zilvia FREAK!

mechanicalmoron is just really nicemechanicalmoron is just really nicemechanicalmoron is just really nicemechanicalmoron is just really nicemechanicalmoron is just really nicemechanicalmoron is just really nicemechanicalmoron is just really nicemechanicalmoron is just really nice
Quote:
Originally Posted by DRIFTER-M View Post
MB Battles people are charging some "rare" markup on ROFL. I don't have the heart to tell people you can import the original CST wheels brand new for around the same dang price as the current inflated "rare" markup if you find the right person.

Stupid.
Forgive my ignorance, but that's the same MB they sell at discount tire, with 93 holes to fit every car ever made?

They look pretty sweet, if you like having 93 holes in your sweet wheels.

I only realized this when I bought a 200 dollar acura with MB wheels, and accidentally became a cool kid. Is there some other MB that's not designed primarily to be so cheap you can buy new ones with every set of tires?

....I just call them discount tire wheels. At least they don't say "american outlaw" or some shit.
mechanicalmoron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2020, 06:56 PM   #21
DRIFTER-M
Zilvia Addict

DRIFTER-M is a glorious beacon of lightDRIFTER-M is a glorious beacon of lightDRIFTER-M is a glorious beacon of lightDRIFTER-M is a glorious beacon of lightDRIFTER-M is a glorious beacon of lightDRIFTER-M is a glorious beacon of lightDRIFTER-M is a glorious beacon of lightDRIFTER-M is a glorious beacon of lightDRIFTER-M is a glorious beacon of lightDRIFTER-M is a glorious beacon of lightDRIFTER-M is a glorious beacon of light
Send a message via AIM to DRIFTER-M
Quote:
Originally Posted by mechanicalmoron View Post
Forgive my ignorance, but that's the same MB they sell at discount tire, with 93 holes to fit every car ever made?

They look pretty sweet, if you like having 93 holes in your sweet wheels.

I only realized this when I bought a 200 dollar acura with MB wheels, and accidentally became a cool kid. Is there some other MB that's not designed primarily to be so cheap you can buy new ones with every set of tires?

....I just call them discount tire wheels. At least they don't say "american outlaw" or some shit.
https://www.mballoywheels.com/custom...s-rims-battle/

That is the battle. They were sold exclusively through Discount, then they expanded to I think Enjuku and a few others nationally for a while.

They were ~600 for a set of 4 (maybe cheaper on sale), I think $650 towards the end, but still relatively cheap.

Battles are the American version of CST hyper wheels (Japan). MB supposedly lost the license or didn't renew 2 years ago with CST to make them in N/A, so they are no longer sold in the states. CST Hyper still is sold new in Japan.

Anyway, kids now selling them as RARE!* DISCONTINUED*

And it's lame. They are cheap cast wheels in good sizes, but nothing particularly special or rare. Just hype boys capitalizing on their discontinuation. For the price I see many of them go for used now, you can just by Enkei's which are better built wheels. Just sucks as I sold my weds to grab Battles, and now they are apparently rare and I refuse to accept the dumb prices for a cheap cast wheel.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dizzariot View Post

Do you guys have 'newer' cars in your household? The newest car I have in Japan is an '05 XTrail lol. I don't have nice things outside of my S15s.
Over the last 10 years I have always had 1 (or 2) s-chassis alongside a 2011 Genesis (bought with 6 miles on it off the boat - sold it 2012), a 2013 Versa (totaled by a dude who ran a red light when I was driving to work), 2014 Dodge Dart (traded in 2016 for...) 2016 Jeep - needed something bigger for family.

Again. Still have s-chassis too, still will always have at least 1.
Old 04-20-2020, 12:25 PM   #22
dorkidori_s13
ITS LISA'S FAULT!!!

Old 04-21-2020, 01:14 PM   #23
Corbic
Post Whore!

Quote:
Originally Posted by dorkidori_s13 View Post

Yup, glad I'm out. Really lost motivation when I realized the scrap yards had run dry of 1985-1995 Japanese cars up here.

Now a funny thing, guys on the Mustang Forum have a thread of "wish I still had/bought" talking about all the tuner parts or OEM stuff they should have bought for their 79-04 Mustangs.

Autometer Lunar Gauges. Damn the 90's was cool.
Old 04-21-2020, 11:50 AM   #24
mechanicalmoron
Zilvia FREAK!

mechanicalmoron is just really nicemechanicalmoron is just really nicemechanicalmoron is just really nicemechanicalmoron is just really nicemechanicalmoron is just really nicemechanicalmoron is just really nicemechanicalmoron is just really nicemechanicalmoron is just really nice
When I got my 240, everyone was bitching about how they want to destroy parts hand over fist and magically keep getting them utterly free.

Nearly a decade later, everyone is still bitching that they trashed all the cars, engines, parts, and for some reason everyone won't just send them whatever they want, at the cheapest price it was ever available.

It's a fucking antique auto, not an 09 hyundai, if you ruin the shit it's ruined, and the remaining shit is more expensive. It's not them, it's you, they didn't ruin it, they still have it, it's just you. You had one, you had ten, now you don't, so you get to buy it at the owner's price.

The sooner all the prices go as high as possible, the better for the long-term availability and preservation (and yes, affordability down the line).
Old 04-21-2020, 01:41 PM   #25
KA24DESOneThree
Post Whore!

KA24DESOneThree is close to perfectionKA24DESOneThree is close to perfectionKA24DESOneThree is close to perfectionKA24DESOneThree is close to perfectionKA24DESOneThree is close to perfectionKA24DESOneThree is close to perfectionKA24DESOneThree is close to perfectionKA24DESOneThree is close to perfectionKA24DESOneThree is close to perfectionKA24DESOneThree is close to perfectionKA24DESOneThree is close to perfection
On the drive in this morning, I was thinking that by the time I've done another build or two and am ready for another S-chassis, I'm not going to be able to afford to buy the base car easily.

I'm not going to even begin to be able to afford all the parts I've picked out of the old-ass JDM mags I still have. I'll have GT-R money in a LHD Silvia clone.
Old 04-21-2020, 02:17 PM   #26
dorkidori_s13
ITS LISA'S FAULT!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by KA24DESOneThree View Post
I'm not going to even begin to be able to afford all the parts I've picked out of the old-ass JDM mags I still have. I'll have GT-R money in a LHD Silvia clone.
and this is why i buy the majority of my parts (new and used) straight from Japan. A LOT of the classic stuff can still be found in good working order and for relatively cheap because it seems most people want the latest and greatest.

and if youre looking for old school aero, ill always be here to provide that! i still have tons more parts to release for the S13 and S14... gotta keep that old school awesomeness alive

Old 04-21-2020, 03:29 PM   #27
SupaDoopa
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (26)
SupaDoopa has made poor choicesSupaDoopa has made poor choicesSupaDoopa has made poor choicesSupaDoopa has made poor choicesSupaDoopa has made poor choicesSupaDoopa has made poor choicesSupaDoopa has made poor choices
Feedback Score: 26 reviews
Send a message via AIM to SupaDoopa
This is why I don't buy into the hype. Modern day performance/technology > old logo NISMO cigarette lighter insert.

The shit some of you fucking buy is asinine.
SupaDoopa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2020, 05:32 PM   #28
Corbic
Post Whore!

Quote:
This is why I don't buy into the hype. Modern day performance/technology > old logo NISMO cigarette lighter insert.

That's also why you don't have dudes dick riding your Instagram bruh.
Old 04-21-2020, 05:51 PM   #29
KA24DESOneThree
Post Whore!

Quote:

I make a living feeding people's nostalgia for vintage cars. My purpose is tactile, to provide people a living representation of their memories- and to hopefully make it better than they remember.

The JDM stuff, though, I did experience vicariously through the other dudes in San Diego and through Zilvia. I was always pulling parts out and replacing them with lighter options, if not getting rid of them entirely. I always wanted to build something that I saw in magazines (and parked in front of the Super Autobacs in Tokyo back in '06). I got sidetracked, didn't buy a street car, and have regretted it for years now.

Modern performance is great for an appliance. My Bison is modern and, with the exception of when I get an empty stretch of dirty road or an open wash, boring and competent. It exists for dump runs, Home Depot trips, towing, and overlanding. It is not "me."

I want fun cars that make me feel something. I don't want complete competence or soft-touch plastics everywhere or something that I haven't at least partially disassembled to make better. I want something that brings a smile to my face because it was a challenge to build and a challenge to maintain and each time I drive it, I'll have to work a little.

Most of what I'd use for the build would have to be sourced BNIB/NOS from Japan.
Old 04-21-2020, 09:48 PM   #30
mechanicalmoron
Zilvia FREAK!

Quote:

Worthless, boring, slow, old tech. Just stick a doorman cigarette lighter in it, it's technologically superior. The corollas in the background are far more advanced, they must be the cherries here.

(Still, of course, don't put a fake killswitch on your lighter, what if someone trying to save your ass wasen't familiar with poser lighters?)