Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Chat

Chat General Discussion About The Nissan 240SX and Nissan Z Cars

Old 06-23-2010, 11:05 AM   #1981
axiomatik
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (0)
axiomatik is close to perfectionaxiomatik is close to perfectionaxiomatik is close to perfectionaxiomatik is close to perfectionaxiomatik is close to perfectionaxiomatik is close to perfectionaxiomatik is close to perfectionaxiomatik is close to perfectionaxiomatik is close to perfectionaxiomatik is close to perfectionaxiomatik is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by zooopreme View Post
On the S13 is the stock climate control supposed to light up or is it only the green lines?
All the little icons and sliders should light up. There is a single bulb that provides all of that illumination. If you pull your climate control out, there should be a small little socket, I think on the bottom-side, right in the middle, that holds the bulb.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sirfallsalot243 View Post
No. You will need a camber adjustment kit or camber plates for the front, and rear upper control arms for the rear.
With just lowering springs, you should be able to get close enough. Maybe not exactly within factory specs, but not far enough out to really matter. When I had lowering springs, I had also bought camber bolts, but never ended up installing them.
Old 06-23-2010, 12:24 PM   #1982
sirfallsalot243
BANNED

Trader Rating: (3)
sirfallsalot243 will become famous soon enoughsirfallsalot243 will become famous soon enoughsirfallsalot243 will become famous soon enoughsirfallsalot243 will become famous soon enough
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by axiomatik View Post

With just lowering springs, you should be able to get close enough. Maybe not exactly within factory specs, but not far enough out to really matter. When I had lowering springs, I had also bought camber bolts, but never ended up installing them.
He wants to drop it 2 1/4"

My car is dropped 1 1/2" and my camber up front is -1.9 on one side and -1.2 on the other. The rears arent terrible, but RUCAs would be ideal.

I mean, yeah, you can slam it and just drive it... if you dont care about tire wear.
sirfallsalot243 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2010, 01:13 PM   #1983
Karlitos
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (15)
Karlitos is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 15 reviews
Body Kit Help!

So I have a question on an origin front bumper. I have an s14 *zenki* and have the origin streamline kit. I realized i will need new jdm front blinkers. But as far as fitment it wont go all the way in because the bumper support seems to get in the way. Does it need a jdm bumper support or do i need to sand out the kit to make it fit? Thanks

Last edited by Karlitos; 06-23-2010 at 01:17 PM.. Reason: specifying zenki
Karlitos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2010, 02:42 PM   #1984
TheRealSy90
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (10)
TheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant future
Feedback Score: 10 reviews
Still trying to find out what bolts to use for the Greddy Oil Pan, nobody has this information?
TheRealSy90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2010, 02:45 PM   #1985
STEEZxIT
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (11)
STEEZxIT is on the path to ruinSTEEZxIT is on the path to ruin
Feedback Score: 11 reviews
i stripped my rear driver side studs because i was drifting with spacers
so now i need to replace the studs, does anyone know how to do this that has a press? i need a press to push the studs into place, if anyone local to fontana is willing to help i'll buy you a six pack or something haha
Old 06-23-2010, 03:31 PM   #1986
kevinphan
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (1)
kevinphan has much to be proud ofkevinphan has much to be proud ofkevinphan has much to be proud ofkevinphan has much to be proud ofkevinphan has much to be proud ofkevinphan has much to be proud ofkevinphan has much to be proud ofkevinphan has much to be proud ofkevinphan has much to be proud ofkevinphan has much to be proud ofkevinphan has much to be proud of
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by STEEZxIT View Post
i stripped my rear driver side studs because i was drifting with spacers
so now i need to replace the studs, does anyone know how to do this that has a press? i need a press to push the studs into place, if anyone local to fontana is willing to help i'll buy you a six pack or something haha
Use washers that fit over the stud, a couple of them and then just tighten the lug nut and it will self press in.
kevinphan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2010, 04:28 PM   #1987
MikeBeBoostin
Leaky Injector

MikeBeBoostin is an unknown quantity at this point
okay im looking to buy a set of enkei mesh rims but im not sure if they will fit on my car . i have a 91 240. well the guy told me his offset is 13x6.5+38 and 4x100

so will they fit my car? im trying to go buy them tomorrow..

thanks
MikeBeBoostin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2010, 04:29 PM   #1988
SRpetey
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (13)
SRpetey is just really niceSRpetey is just really niceSRpetey is just really niceSRpetey is just really niceSRpetey is just really niceSRpetey is just really niceSRpetey is just really niceSRpetey is just really nice
Feedback Score: 13 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by dub40sx View Post
Weres a good place to buy quality replacement wheel bearings at a reasonable price?
Pepboys they have the NSK bearing for less than anybody else
SRpetey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2010, 04:37 PM   #1989
SinGarage
Zilvia Addict

SinGarage is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeBeBoostin View Post
okay im looking to buy a set of enkei mesh rims but im not sure if they will fit on my car . i have a 91 240. well the guy told me his offset is 13x6.5+38 and 4x100

so will they fit my car? im trying to go buy them tomorrow..

thanks
Well first of all your S13 is 4 x 114.3 so these will not fit. Second is it originally came with 14" wheels for base or 15" for teardrops. Why would you go 13" wheels? That offset also is too high and will be pretty much sunken in.
SinGarage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2010, 04:44 PM   #1990
MikeBeBoostin
Leaky Injector

MikeBeBoostin is an unknown quantity at this point
well i didnt really care about them being 13s didnt think it would br a problem; so when lookin for this rims what should i look for ? anything with 4x114 should fit then correct ? sorry first time lookin for rims.
MikeBeBoostin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2010, 05:04 PM   #1991
udon!
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (5)
udon! is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 5 reviews
. . . . . . . . . . . . .
Quote:
Originally Posted by udon! View Post
does anyone know anywhere that sells the gt1 kit for s13 silvia (s13 "coupe")?

Rhdjapan had it last month but they took it off, so i am looking for somewhere else that sells it
udon! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2010, 05:12 PM   #1992
shiftin_sideways
Leaky Injector

Trader Rating: (2)
shiftin_sideways is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Thanks for everyones help. Also would the 2.25'' drop in front should I be concerned about rubbing the fender liners? It is still a s13 with the stock rim and tire. I'm not looking for a slammed ride height, I just had a blown front strut on the front and I came up on a deal for lowering springs and shocks all around.
shiftin_sideways is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2010, 05:35 PM   #1993
KoukiMonsta
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (23)
KoukiMonsta is a well-known jackass
Feedback Score: 23 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by KoukiMonsta View Post
ok guys so my passenger door has been stuck shut for like 2 weeks on my 97 kouki. is seems that the metal "coat hanger" part has come loose from the lock end of it. now if i could get the door panel off i could just fix it up but i cant get it off w/ door shut!! ive tried a bunch of things w/ no luck gertting it unlocked.....any ideas would be appreciated.

can i get the a/c vent/trim off w/ door shut? it doesnt seem so...
ok guys im still stuck. i pulled the inside handle off and by pushing/pulling the two metal rods i am still unsuccessful.

does anyone have a diagram of the lock mechanism. ??
i have an FSM but catnt locate it.
Old 06-23-2010, 05:44 PM   #1994
xs042lol
BANNED

xs042lol is an unknown quantity at this point
can any1 give me that link, or tell me, what are the maximum/good offset ranges for our cars

i know there was a thread and someone posted it, like 16x6.5 has 45+ or w,e idk im just making the numbers up but i know its somewhere

can i get them from 16x6 to 19x10

thanks
xs042lol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2010, 05:47 PM   #1995
xs042lol
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by KoukiMonsta View Post
ok guys im still stuck. i pulled the inside handle off and by pushing/pulling the two metal rods i am still unsuccessful.

does anyone have a diagram of the lock mechanism. ??
i have an FSM but catnt locate it.
go to a local lock smith store, or find a store called uspystore(.com) near u and they sell slim jims for 15$ you can pop open the door from the lock mechanism, and then u just use the handle to open it

if the handle doesn't work then see if you can pop out the cloth cover and that should give you enough room to get in there and open the latch that locks the door
Old 06-23-2010, 11:47 PM   #1996
STEEZxIT
Zilvia FREAK!

STEEZxIT is on the path to ruinSTEEZxIT is on the path to ruin
Quote:
Originally Posted by kevinphan View Post
Use washers that fit over the stud, a couple of them and then just tighten the lug nut and it will self press in.
i'll do that as a last resort cos i'm afraid of stripping it again :/

thanks
Old 06-24-2010, 06:10 AM   #1997
SlideKing92
Zilvia Member

SlideKing92 is an unknown quantity at this point
Can any one tell me what website has the sticker that goes around your wheel well that says "Straight Flush" and its curved

Thanks
SlideKing92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2010, 06:31 AM   #1998
sirfallsalot243
BANNED

sirfallsalot243 will become famous soon enoughsirfallsalot243 will become famous soon enoughsirfallsalot243 will become famous soon enoughsirfallsalot243 will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by STEEZxIT View Post
i'll do that as a last resort cos i'm afraid of stripping it again :/

thanks
Nah, thats the right way to do it. There are aligning teeth on the stud that "should" make it idiot proof. Put the stud in the hub, and tap it in. It should go most of the way in without much force. Then just put the wheel on, and torque the lug to spec. It'll pull the stud into the hub.
Old 06-24-2010, 06:35 AM   #1999
sirfallsalot243
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by xs042lol View Post
can any1 give me that link, or tell me, what are the maximum/good offset ranges for our cars

i know there was a thread and someone posted it, like 16x6.5 has 45+ or w,e idk im just making the numbers up but i know its somewhere

can i get them from 16x6 to 19x10

thanks
Read the wheel threads. Theyre stickied.

Anything from 15x6 up to 19x10 can fit on our cars. You didnt say if you had an S14 or S13.

95% of the guys who buy aftermarket rims go with 17's or 18's. I think 17's are perfect for s13's, and 18's for s14's.

Ideally you want something at least 8" wide up front, and with an offset UNDER +30. Any higher than that and itll look gay. The lower you get, the further out theyll stick, and very low offsets (+15 and under) may require fender rolling, depending on rim width.

I run 18x9.5 +22 front and rear on my S14 with 225/40 fronts and 255/35 rear. If I did it over, Id probably go with a 235 tire up front.
Old 06-24-2010, 06:53 AM   #2000
002blakbase

002blakbase is an unknown quantity at this point
new to zilvia.net but not new to automotive forums or the 240, i searched just a little but figured id just ask here. i might be in the market for a 240, sr20 swapped. how is the motor for daily driving assuming im running low boost and a few bolt ons.
002blakbase is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2010, 09:43 AM   #2001
phade
Leaky Injector

phade is an unknown quantity at this point
New to the forums have been reading them for a bit though. I just purchased a S13 with a SR20. It was a track car and the previous owner mentioned the person that did the wiring skipped a decent amount of stuff in the cluster. I'm wondering what I need to do to fix/hook up the Tach and Speedo. Any help would be appreciated trying to get these two items working any kind of direction you could point me in would be great.
phade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2010, 10:27 AM   #2002
zx6r1852
Zilvia Junkie

zx6r1852 is an unknown quantity at this point
will an s13 auto tranny work for an s14 auto??? or will an s14 work for s13??? plz help me out i would thing it would because there both dohc no??
zx6r1852 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2010, 10:36 AM   #2003
SinGarage
Zilvia Addict

SinGarage is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeBeBoostin View Post
well i didnt really care about them being 13s didnt think it would br a problem; so when lookin for this rims what should i look for ? anything with 4x114 should fit then correct ? sorry first time lookin for rims.
4x114 will fit. Make sure center hub is the right size (or get hub centric rings to fit) and around 25 offset or below to be flush (depending on width). The 13's will also make your car lower depending on the tire size you choose. I believe there is a sticky on this subject though.
SinGarage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2010, 10:53 AM   #2004
sirfallsalot243
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by zx6r1852 View Post
will an s13 auto tranny work for an s14 auto??? or will an s14 work for s13??? plz help me out i would thing it would because there both dohc no??
Yes and yes. Switch the speed sensor, and theyre identical.
Old 06-24-2010, 10:57 AM   #2005
sirfallsalot243
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by 002blakbase View Post
new to zilvia.net but not new to automotive forums or the 240, i searched just a little but figured id just ask here. i might be in the market for a 240, sr20 swapped. how is the motor for daily driving assuming im running low boost and a few bolt ons.
Well it aint no honda, but there are plenty of guys who daily their sr's. You really need to stay on top of them (and 240's in general) when it comes to maintenance. Not a single person on this forum has ZERO problems with their car- theyre always in need of something. But is it worth it? TOTALLY. Just dont expect to change the oil once a year and be good to go. High performance engines need routine maintenance, and even then there will still be hiccups. Is it reliable enough to daily? Most definitely. Is it a single cam d-series honda that you can beat the shit out of and never work on? Absolutely not.

Quote:
Originally Posted by phade View Post
New to the forums have been reading them for a bit though. I just purchased a S13 with a SR20. It was a track car and the previous owner mentioned the person that did the wiring skipped a decent amount of stuff in the cluster. I'm wondering what I need to do to fix/hook up the Tach and Speedo. Any help would be appreciated trying to get these two items working any kind of direction you could point me in would be great.
Speedo would probably be that he never hooked up the speed sensor. Its on the trans, towards the back of it. Either its not hooked up, or its not the right sensor. Does your cluster get power at all?
Old 06-24-2010, 10:58 AM   #2006
zx6r1852
Zilvia Junkie

zx6r1852 is an unknown quantity at this point
thank you this really helps....
zx6r1852 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2010, 12:11 PM   #2007
phade
Leaky Injector

phade is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Speedo would probably be that he never hooked up the speed sensor. Its on the trans, towards the back of it. Either its not hooked up, or its not the right sensor. Does your cluster get power at all?
The temp works and the lights for the parking brake. The fuel gauge doesn't work either. He said only the bare minimums were hooked up/wired up. I'll look on the trans and see if it's plugged in or not the tach just sits on 0 revs of course but the speedo floats and has just settled somewhere around the 80s I think it was. Do I need to do some wiring? Also the lighting for the cluster doesn't work either that i'm aware of.
phade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2010, 01:17 PM   #2008
sirfallsalot243
BANNED

Yeah I'd say youve got some wiring to do. You can tackle each problem one by one, or re-do all of the wiring. I cant offer much help for wiring- Im getting a wiring specialties premade harness so i dont have to do jack shit. Wiring is not my forte, sorry.
Old 06-24-2010, 02:45 PM   #2009
xs042lol
BANNED

Quote:
Read the wheel threads. Theyre stickied.

Anything from 15x6 up to 19x10 can fit on our cars. You didnt say if you had an S14 or S13.

95% of the guys who buy aftermarket rims go with 17's or 18's. I think 17's are perfect for s13's, and 18's for s14's.

Ideally you want something at least 8" wide up front, and with an offset UNDER +30. Any higher than that and itll look gay. The lower you get, the further out theyll stick, and very low offsets (+15 and under) may require fender rolling, depending on rim width.

I run 18x9.5 +22 front and rear on my S14 with 225/40 fronts and 255/35 rear. If I did it over, Id probably go with a 235 tire up front.
yeah thanks man, but i know its not in the stickied. someone posted it in a noob's thread and had a legit list. s13 preferred

thanks anyways bro - im buying 17s also
Old 06-24-2010, 03:06 PM   #2010
2iv0 sx
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (20)
2iv0 sx has a reputation beyond repute2iv0 sx has a reputation beyond repute2iv0 sx has a reputation beyond repute2iv0 sx has a reputation beyond repute2iv0 sx has a reputation beyond repute2iv0 sx has a reputation beyond repute2iv0 sx has a reputation beyond repute2iv0 sx has a reputation beyond repute2iv0 sx has a reputation beyond repute2iv0 sx has a reputation beyond repute2iv0 sx has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 20 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2iv0 sx View Post
Getting a new clutch/flywheel installed soon.. What else should I replace while I'm at it?

Things I'm going for:
Rear main seal
New TOB
Nismo Pivot Ball Stud

Is there anything else that I'm missing?
Anyone? Necessary to replace flywheel bolts?

Are there any advantages with Nismo pilot bushings to a stock one?
2iv0 sx is offline   Reply With Quote