Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Chat

Chat General Discussion About The Nissan 240SX and Nissan Z Cars

Old 06-20-2016, 06:46 PM   #19921
simmode1
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (0)
simmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Send a message via Yahoo to simmode1
The old Grip Gambler Z31... WTF intake manifold is this?!
Old 06-20-2016, 07:23 PM   #19922
DJTTon
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (6)
DJTTon is on the path to ruinDJTTon is on the path to ruin
Feedback Score: 6 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by e1_griego View Post
Sounds like they need to be bled.
Bled all four sides in the proper order. Pedal still travels further, when the car is on. When the car is off the brakes are tight as fuxk.

Im stumped here

Edit: So that is caused by the brake booster, I totally forgot about it. Sadly, I dont know much about how it affects the system. All I know now is that all four calipers are properly bled but the feeling of having the pedal go all the way down before any braking enables is still there.

Last edited by DJTTon; 06-20-2016 at 07:56 PM..
DJTTon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2016, 08:38 PM   #19923
codyace
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (58)
codyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 58 reviews
Send a message via AIM to codyace
Quote:
Originally Posted by DJTTon View Post
Bled all four sides in the proper order. Pedal still travels further, when the car is on. When the car is off the brakes are tight as fuxk.

Im stumped here

Edit: So that is caused by the brake booster, I totally forgot about it. Sadly, I dont know much about how it affects the system. All I know now is that all four calipers are properly bled but the feeling of having the pedal go all the way down before any braking enables is still there.

Disconnect booster line, and plug it. How does the brake change?

The pedal will always be harder without the booster working, but even if it is hooked up, it will be firm, albiet furhter down than when its' off.

Another thing you can check is a faulty master cylinder, and even a bad booster...however a bad booster usually results in a hard pedal, not a soft one.

Another thing to try, is take master off, and behind it there is a rod. Spin it a 1/4 turn longer and re assemble, and see how pedal is. Just make sure it's not dragging anywhere. Small adjustments though, as it doesn't tak emuch to drag the system down.

Want Air Conditioning in your SR20 Swapped car? Check out www.sr20acbrackets.com for more information!

Quest Alternator Conversions for SR20! Check my Group Buy!

Tired of lousy internal gates? Go external wastegate with one of my manifolds, Check out my group buy
codyace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2016, 08:50 PM   #19924
codyace
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (58)
codyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 58 reviews
Send a message via AIM to codyace
Quote:
Originally Posted by [240sx] View Post
Are these O.E bushing or Polys?
Parked the car, and put it up on jack stands in preperation for the subframe drop tomorrow. Noticed these don't look like old oem bushing I've seen on google.
Shot ball joints will be loud as hell in a car. Check all other arm bushings too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoSt180 View Post
That's perfectly normal. I've noticed that as well, and it's not just the SR, my VQ and Armada does the same thing. It won't "lock" on 15* timing until you put the ECU into timing mode.

Another trick if you can't secure timing mode, is to have a light on the car, and rev it up with your hand/e throttle body. Rev it up to 4k or so, and let off. As it decels, you'll watch it bounce around, and right towards the end when the injectors cut out, you'll see the timing 'lock' on whatever the CAS is set too. It's only for a second or so, but enough time to dial it in after a rev or 3.

Want Air Conditioning in your SR20 Swapped car? Check out www.sr20acbrackets.com for more information!

Quest Alternator Conversions for SR20! Check my Group Buy!

Tired of lousy internal gates? Go external wastegate with one of my manifolds, Check out my group buy
codyace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2016, 04:54 AM   #19925
DJTTon
Zilvia Addict

@codyace

I can take off bmc without having to bleed all fours after?

Sent from my SPH-L720T using Tapatalk
Old 06-21-2016, 08:41 AM   #19926
kingkilburn
Philosopher King

kingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfection
This just flopped out from the glovebox area. What is it and where should I be looking to plug it back in?

http://i.imgur.com/dyE0arb.jpg
Old 06-22-2016, 07:12 PM   #19927
theStig880
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (4)
theStig880 is on a distinguished road
Feedback Score: 4 reviews
So three years ago when I first did my Sr swap, I replaced the clutch with an Exedy Stage 2. The clutch on the engine was very unusual and to my inexperienced mind a crappy, weird clutch with its own flywheel. I have now learned that it appears to be an ATS Single Carbon clutch that retails for $1700. Now this thing has been put through the ringer and I was wondering if anyone has rebuilt or refinished this clutch and could point me in the right direction or give guidance on where to look. Pics below of said clutch to show the current condition:

Old 06-22-2016, 07:34 PM   #19928
Mister.E
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (53)
Mister.E has a reputation beyond reputeMister.E has a reputation beyond reputeMister.E has a reputation beyond reputeMister.E has a reputation beyond reputeMister.E has a reputation beyond reputeMister.E has a reputation beyond reputeMister.E has a reputation beyond reputeMister.E has a reputation beyond reputeMister.E has a reputation beyond reputeMister.E has a reputation beyond reputeMister.E has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 53 reviews
Small Questions Thread (SEARCH FIRST! Use this instead of making NEW threads)

Is it possible for the steering rack to be relocated too far forward? My buddy that did the fab work on my crossmember moved the steering rack location so far forward that the shaft from the steering column barely goes into the little sleeve. It certainly will not go in far enough for the bolt to be pushed through but it's close.

First question, is the rack moves too far forward? Can this actually hurt my ackerman/suspension geometry?

Second question, if the rack is good to go, is it safe to cut and weld like a 1/2" - 3/4" extension into the steering shaft. My main worries about this option is that it might possibly snap or that after the welding the shaft would not be perfectly straight as it came from the factory.

This is the part that would need to be extended:

Thanks in advance for any advice!
Old 06-23-2016, 10:08 AM   #19929
xilovelsdx
Zilvia Junkie

xilovelsdx is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to xilovelsdx
Does anyone know if any strut tower bar will work with an S13 with an s14 Sr20 since the valve cover bumps up?
Old 06-23-2016, 10:21 AM   #19930
e1_griego
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (24)
e1_griego has a reputation beyond reputee1_griego has a reputation beyond reputee1_griego has a reputation beyond reputee1_griego has a reputation beyond reputee1_griego has a reputation beyond reputee1_griego has a reputation beyond reputee1_griego has a reputation beyond reputee1_griego has a reputation beyond reputee1_griego has a reputation beyond reputee1_griego has a reputation beyond reputee1_griego has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 24 reviews
^They usually don't work.

I'm running a CA18 style bar with my s13.4 valve cover to clear the hump.
e1_griego is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2016, 11:01 AM   #19931
phunc
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (30)
phunc is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 30 reviews
Does this look normal? S14 kouki sr20det, small gap between the upper oil pan and the block. All the oil pan bolts are torqued to spec. Was leaking from the rear main housing near the left bolt, figured I just sucked at putting gasket on but this little gap has me curious. Thanks for any info uploadfromtaptalk1466787685186.jpg
phunc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2016, 12:19 PM   #19932
phunc
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (30)
phunc is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 30 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by phunc View Post
Does this look normal? S14 kouki sr20det, small gap between the upper oil pan and the block. All the oil pan bolts are torqued to spec. Was leaking from the rear main housing near the left bolt, figured I just sucked at putting gasket on but this little gap has me curious. Thanks for any info Attachment 93763
Never mind, not normal, my arp main studs weren't in far enough.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk
phunc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2016, 03:30 PM   #19933
juhd
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (9)
juhd is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 9 reviews
you can interchange a j30 and s14 diff internals right?
Old 06-28-2016, 06:58 PM   #19934
dorkidori_s13
ITS LISA'S FAULT!!!

Trader Rating: (41)
dorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 41 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by juhd View Post
you can interchange a j30 and s14 diff internals right?
yes... R200 rear end is an R200 rear end is an R200 rear end. only difference is output shaft lengths.

Check out my IG for what I'm up to! DORKIDORI INSTAGRAM!!!
dorkidori_s13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2016, 08:33 PM   #19935
DJTTon
Zilvia Addict

Can someone who has made a custom personal exhaust for their s14 please PM me? I want to ask some questions to get to know what Im working with.

Much luv <3
DJTTon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2016, 07:10 AM   #19936
Alan_405
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (5)
Alan_405 is on a distinguished road
Feedback Score: 5 reviews
I am in search of This part highlighted in Yellow. Its the Blow-By Control Valve on a S14 SR20. I tried searching all over and only thing I could find was this diagram....The only one that I can decipher is the 11810 and it ends up being a Nissan Genuine OEM PCV Valve S14 S15 SR20DET. Is this the same damn part?

I have a spare Valve Cover and wanted to get the proper pieces and keep my old ones as well. Thank you.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Blow-byControlValve.jpg (67.3 KB, 18 views)
File Type: png images.png (4.9 KB, 14 views)
Alan_405 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2016, 09:07 AM   #19937
ellopuppet
Leaky Injector

ellopuppet is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alan_405 View Post
I am in search of This part highlighted in Yellow. Its the Blow-By Control Valve on a S14 SR20. I tried searching all over and only thing I could find was this diagram....The only one that I can decipher is the 11810 and it ends up being a Nissan Genuine OEM PCV Valve S14 S15 SR20DET. Is this the same damn part?

I have a spare Valve Cover and wanted to get the proper pieces and keep my old ones as well. Thank you.
Have you tried contacting nissparts.cc? They can usually get their hands on some OEM goodies. or maybe rawbrokage
ellopuppet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2016, 09:22 AM   #19938
xilovelsdx
Zilvia Junkie

xilovelsdx is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to xilovelsdx
That is a PCV valve
Old 06-29-2016, 12:16 PM   #19939
jared420sx
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (13)
jared420sx is on the path to ruinjared420sx is on the path to ruin
Feedback Score: 13 reviews
Can i use z33 axles on a q45 diff for the rear?
jared420sx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2016, 02:38 PM   #19940
dablazer916

dablazer916 is an unknown quantity at this point
Hi everyone, i recently purchased a 1994 vert to restore. My problem is that i cannot find replacements for the white plastic guide pieces for the rear quarter windows. Nissan does not make them anymore and i cannot fabricate something with existing parts because the previous owner left me with nothing to work with.

For the left piece, i was planning on following the guide which used a ford window roller and replace it. I am stumped on what to do about the other two guides.

Onto my question: If i left the other guides like that and kept the quarter window permanently rolled up, would my convertible top still function correctly and go up and down without getting caught somehow on the quarter window? I cant really test this because the windows were taken out before i purchased the car. Also, if you have suggestions on replacements for the other two pieces, It would be much appreciated.
dablazer916 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2016, 02:53 PM   #19941
5280VertDET
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (14)
5280VertDET is a glorious beacon of light5280VertDET is a glorious beacon of light5280VertDET is a glorious beacon of light5280VertDET is a glorious beacon of light5280VertDET is a glorious beacon of light5280VertDET is a glorious beacon of light5280VertDET is a glorious beacon of light5280VertDET is a glorious beacon of light5280VertDET is a glorious beacon of light5280VertDET is a glorious beacon of light5280VertDET is a glorious beacon of light
Feedback Score: 14 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by dablazer916 View Post
Hi everyone, i recently purchased a 1994 vert to restore. My problem is that i cannot find replacements for the white plastic guide pieces for the rear quarter windows. Nissan does not make them anymore and i cannot fabricate something with existing parts because the previous owner left me with nothing to work with.
For the left piece, i was planning on following the guide which used a ford window roller and replace it. I am stumped on what to do about the other two guides.

Onto my question: If i left the other guides like that and kept the quarter window permanently rolled up, would my convertible top still function correctly and go up and down without getting caught somehow on the quarter window? I cant really test this because the windows were taken out before i purchased the car. Also, if you have suggestions on replacements for the other two pieces, It would be much appreciated.

LINK

Not for sale, but he makes them, trying contacting him.
Old 06-29-2016, 04:49 PM   #19942
dablazer916

dablazer916 is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by 5280VertDET View Post

LINK

Not for sale, but he makes them, trying contacting him.
Wow thank you so much for this!
dablazer916 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2016, 12:34 AM   #19943
white95zenki
Leaky Injector

white95zenki is an unknown quantity at this point
so I am going to order some fortune auto coils for my s14. I was just wondering what spring rates should i run? the car is my daily
white95zenki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2016, 02:21 AM   #19944
derass
Zilvia FREAK!

derass is making a name for him/her selfderass is making a name for him/her self
If there's an option softer than 8/6 get those.
derass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2016, 12:38 PM   #19945
Mister.E
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (53)
Mister.E has a reputation beyond reputeMister.E has a reputation beyond reputeMister.E has a reputation beyond reputeMister.E has a reputation beyond reputeMister.E has a reputation beyond reputeMister.E has a reputation beyond reputeMister.E has a reputation beyond reputeMister.E has a reputation beyond reputeMister.E has a reputation beyond reputeMister.E has a reputation beyond reputeMister.E has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 53 reviews
Can the kouki heater core be dropped into the 95 zenki without rewiring anything? I'm trying to get rid of that damn valve inside of the zenki engine bay without losing it's functionality.
Old 07-01-2016, 10:52 PM   #19946
mau5trap
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (8)
mau5trap is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 8 reviews
Send a message via AIM to mau5trap
Alright guys, I'm having some difficulty getting this ball joint off my front control arm with this ball joint remover I rented from o'reilly's. The fitting for the bottom end of the ball joint doesn't really fit correct. You guys have any other recommendations or tricks to getting this sucker off without the ball joint remover?
Old 07-01-2016, 10:59 PM   #19947
mau5trap
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (8)
mau5trap is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 8 reviews
Send a message via AIM to mau5trap
Quote:
Originally Posted by white95zenki View Post
so I am going to order some fortune auto coils for my s14. I was just wondering what spring rates should i run? the car is my daily
I would go 8/6 or 9/7
Old 07-02-2016, 09:25 AM   #19948
SoundEfx
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (1)
SoundEfx is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
I'm trying to flush my heater core in hopes that the rust in the system isn't too bad in there.

In any case, can someone tell me which hose flows to the heater core inlet and which one out of the core?

My plan is to attach a low pressure stream of 'rust dissolver' to the out port in hopes of it pushes all the debris out the input where I'm hoping most of it accumulated.

Thanks.
Old 07-02-2016, 08:05 PM   #19949
beems240sx
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (10)
beems240sx has a brilliant futurebeems240sx has a brilliant futurebeems240sx has a brilliant futurebeems240sx has a brilliant futurebeems240sx has a brilliant futurebeems240sx has a brilliant futurebeems240sx has a brilliant futurebeems240sx has a brilliant futurebeems240sx has a brilliant futurebeems240sx has a brilliant futurebeems240sx has a brilliant future
Feedback Score: 10 reviews
So I depinned the brown wire to make the sleepy time. However I can't get the headlights to go down at the same speed... It's driving me nuts. Both motors go up the same and they seem fine, never had any problems with them. Thoughts?
Old 07-03-2016, 09:09 AM   #19950
DJTTon
Zilvia Addict

Would anyone happen to have any suggestions on how to seal this? I'm trying to retain the oem look. Bondo and sanding is not an option

uploadfromtaptalk1467558564879.jpg

Sent from my SPH-L720T using Tapatalk