Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Chat > Builds (and builds only)

Builds (and builds only) Got a build thread? It goes here, build threads anywhere else on the forum will be locked and never moved.

Old 12-25-2011, 09:04 PM   #1951
EazyS13
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (0)
EazyS13 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
looking forward to the update holmes
EazyS13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 12-27-2011, 01:32 PM   #1952
s0fa king
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (7)
s0fa king is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 7 reviews
Such a fantastic build. Keep it up!
s0fa king is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2011, 01:46 PM   #1953
mysharonna
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (14)
mysharonna is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 14 reviews
Are you going with the same black for the engine bay as the rest of the car?
mysharonna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2011, 02:22 PM   #1954
CamryOnBronze
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (131)
CamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud of
Feedback Score: 131 reviews
Send a message via AIM to CamryOnBronze
^ Yep, the bay will stay black.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hockeyrules View Post
Where are you putting the overflow tank?
Although Max's response was pretty good, (lol) I'm not entirely sure yet. Probably to the left of the radiator somewhere. I'll decide when the bay is painted and everything is back together.

Fortunately I am off of work all week, so I should have a decent amount of free time to devote to the car. I started today by removing the battery tray with the angle grinder and spot weld remover I got from- you guessed it- Harbor Freight:

Thankfully it wasn't as difficult as I thought it would be, and there was no rust forming underneath. The jenky cuts you see for the intercooler piping and up near the washer tank hole (WTF?) were done by someone else before the car became mine. I'll have to see what I can do to clean this all up a bit.

I also removed the stock PS reservoir and boost controller from the bay. Starting to get closer and closer to empty in there:

NOTE the fuel line laying vertically in this picture. Can anyone explain to me why it seems to be working like a siphon right now? If I tip it over or remove it from the hard line, it seems a constant stream of fuel comes out of it. I tried dumping it into a fuel container, but it doesn't seem to stop. Stupid question, but I didn't have this issue last time I pulled the motor. Curious to know what I should do to stop that for transporting the car and removing the lines.

I next turned my attention to the glove box. I drilled some holes and routed the wiring for the fuse box through the glove box:

I tossed the dash back in for a test fit, and I don't think it will be too much of a chore to neatly conceal all of the wiring. You can see some wires still hanging that I need to complete for the headlights and headlight motors.

I drilled a new hole with my hole saw bit in the trans tunnel and glued a grommet formerly used for the headlight wiring into the hole. This will be where the fuse box plugs to the main and lower engine harnesses, as well as where the wiring for the ECU will pass through. Should clean things up a lot more than the factory location on the firewall:

Before calling it a day, I tossed a new IACV I have had laying around on to see if it helps with my high idle issue.

Last picture- Cusco drift knob my mom bought me for Christmas. Now maybe I can make drifts.

CamryOnBronze.com
CamryOnBronze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2011, 02:30 PM   #1955
yellowxhoodie
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (12)
yellowxhoodie is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 12 reviews
Try opening the cap on the gas tank to relieve the pressure. Had the same problem on my S13 and S14 and it worked for me.
yellowxhoodie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2011, 02:36 PM   #1956
dtfdanyo
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (8)
dtfdanyo is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 8 reviews
nice e brake button, now you just have to "powa ova"

seriously awesome job man, can't wait for future updates
Old 12-27-2011, 02:50 PM   #1957
CamryOnBronze
Post Whore!

CamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud of
Quote:
Originally Posted by yellowxhoodie View Post
Try opening the cap on the gas tank to relieve the pressure. Had the same problem on my S13 and S14 and it worked for me.
Good call man- feel like an idiot lol. I had the cap off earlier when I pulled the motor, but must have put it back on. That did the trick!

CamryOnBronze.com
Old 12-27-2011, 03:16 PM   #1958
homeslicej2
Zilvia Member

homeslicej2 is making a name for him/her selfhomeslicej2 is making a name for him/her self
Congrats on the good news of becoming a father!
homeslicej2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2011, 05:37 PM   #1959
mysharonna
Zilvia Junkie

Are you going to have a theme (color wise) for the engine/bay?

Looking good, cant wait to see it done!
Old 12-27-2011, 06:24 PM   #1960
titopr06
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (68)
titopr06 is just really nicetitopr06 is just really nicetitopr06 is just really nicetitopr06 is just really nicetitopr06 is just really nicetitopr06 is just really nicetitopr06 is just really nicetitopr06 is just really nicetitopr06 is just really nicetitopr06 is just really nice
Feedback Score: 68 reviews
damon, please do n1 vents if you dont want to cut out the lisence plate thing!!!
titopr06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2011, 09:07 PM   #1961
punxva
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (31)
punxva is close to perfectionpunxva is close to perfectionpunxva is close to perfectionpunxva is close to perfectionpunxva is close to perfectionpunxva is close to perfectionpunxva is close to perfectionpunxva is close to perfectionpunxva is close to perfectionpunxva is close to perfectionpunxva is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 31 reviews
Send a message via AIM to punxva
mmm n1 vents, btw i'm diggin the hole in the transmission tunnel for the loom to come through. Your bay should come together quite nicely Damon.
not sure if you realize this

but when you knockup that skanky drunk sea donkey, you're gonna have to listen to her shit for the rest of your life

age 33 and you dont know your ass from your elbow

punxva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2011, 11:30 AM   #1962
tricky_ab
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (23)
tricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud of
Feedback Score: 23 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by mysharonna View Post
Are you going to have a theme (color wise) for the engine/bay?

Looking good, cant wait to see it done!
He's mentioned black...but I don't know what exact type...
tricky_ab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2011, 12:14 PM   #1963
mysharonna
Zilvia Junkie

Quote:
Originally Posted by tricky_ab View Post
He's mentioned black...but I don't know what exact type...
Yeah I asked him about the bay color, I just wanted to see what other colors he is going with.
Old 12-28-2011, 03:48 PM   #1964
CamryOnBronze
Post Whore!

I just want the bay to be shiny- I don't have a specific code in mind and won't be going pearl or anything like that- probably just the OEM KH3 black. As for a "theme" otherwise, I don't really have one in mind per say. I like to keep aftermarket parts the color they come in and usually have a hard time changing things up, like painting a Cusco cage or GReddy intake manifold. I'd like to change out all of the blue GReddy couplers for black ones if I can, but otherwise most of the engine items will look how they do now. Maybe I will polish my GReddy intake manifold, but not sure yet.

Last night the rest of my Chase Bays stuff showed up- super impressed with those guys so far. It was super cool of Chase to hook me up with a deal- looking forward to installing all of it.

Clutch line- I'll be replacing the master cylinder with a new one while it is out as well:

In-interior brake line kit w/ Wilwood proportioning valve:

Power steering reservoir and lines/fittings. Removes a ton of ugly/gross factory lines:

A bunch of stuff remved from the bay:

How the bay sits. Still need to remove the brake hard lines and drill some holes for the new brake lines. Started sanding around some holes that need to be filled as well- hoping my friend can get to that in the near future.

ZEROS and steering column had to come out to remove the OEM booster:

I'll probably start drilling holes and test fitting the new brake line setup tomorrow if I can. Hoping it leaves the house in the near future for welding!

CamryOnBronze.com
Old 12-28-2011, 04:48 PM   #1965
lflkajfj12123

Trader Rating: (20)
lflkajfj12123 is close to perfectionlflkajfj12123 is close to perfectionlflkajfj12123 is close to perfectionlflkajfj12123 is close to perfectionlflkajfj12123 is close to perfectionlflkajfj12123 is close to perfectionlflkajfj12123 is close to perfectionlflkajfj12123 is close to perfectionlflkajfj12123 is close to perfectionlflkajfj12123 is close to perfectionlflkajfj12123 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 20 reviews
don't get that bride glovebox panel dirty......
lflkajfj12123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2011, 04:52 PM   #1966
Broadfield
Zilvia.net Advertiser

Trader Rating: (163)
Broadfield is a name known to allBroadfield is a name known to allBroadfield is a name known to allBroadfield is a name known to allBroadfield is a name known to allBroadfield is a name known to allBroadfield is a name known to allBroadfield is a name known to allBroadfield is a name known to allBroadfield is a name known to allBroadfield is a name known to all
Feedback Score: 163 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by s0apgun View Post
don't get that bride glovebox panel dirty......
Hell it's already fraying at the top edge there.... someone cough*Kyle*cough did a pretty shoddy job wrapping that thing.

Follow Along For My Latest Work
My Portfolio
Please Share
Check Out My Builds
Broadfield is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2011, 05:13 PM   #1967
leung
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (73)
leung is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 73 reviews
Those chasebays items are def gonna clean up the bay a lot!

I bought the PS package as well and when i installed it, one of the AN fittings that connect to the rack kept leaking. Make sure you don't over-tighten them and bust the o-ring on it, I think that's what happened to me and I had to get another fitting from them. Second time I tried it still leaked so i used some teflon tape and that solved the problem, even though teflon tape isn't recommended for PS lines. Maybe this will help in case you run into trouble with it
leung is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2011, 06:09 PM   #1968
MrFairlady
Nissanaholic!

MrFairlady has a brilliant futureMrFairlady has a brilliant futureMrFairlady has a brilliant futureMrFairlady has a brilliant futureMrFairlady has a brilliant futureMrFairlady has a brilliant futureMrFairlady has a brilliant futureMrFairlady has a brilliant futureMrFairlady has a brilliant futureMrFairlady has a brilliant futureMrFairlady has a brilliant future
Send a message via AIM to MrFairlady
damnit. now you got me so close to doing this on my car again.
I'll admit I'm scared of the Tuck as nice as it looks. I don't need any Issues with my car. Its already an absolute Slut Now.
(Full 93 SE auto Coupe Body/chassis harness extended for 90 Hatch is what my car consists of)

YANACK solid rack Bush Buddy!!!
I hear it will decimate ALL!

can't wait pal.Moar!
Old 12-28-2011, 07:28 PM   #1969
CamryOnBronze
Post Whore!

Lol, I actually thought about re-wrapping the glove box today. It's not bad though- on par with the black one I traded him. We are just broadfields in training after all!

Thanks fairlady- we'll see how it goes. Hope I don't have too many problems. I tossed one of those DIF steering bushings in last time I had the motor out. Not as much street cred, but it works.

Oh, and thanks for the heads up lueng!

CamryOnBronze.com
Old 12-28-2011, 08:54 PM   #1970
MrFairlady
Nissanaholic!

MrFairlady has a brilliant futureMrFairlady has a brilliant futureMrFairlady has a brilliant futureMrFairlady has a brilliant futureMrFairlady has a brilliant futureMrFairlady has a brilliant futureMrFairlady has a brilliant futureMrFairlady has a brilliant futureMrFairlady has a brilliant futureMrFairlady has a brilliant futureMrFairlady has a brilliant future
Send a message via AIM to MrFairlady
Quote:
Originally Posted by CamryOnBronze View Post

Thanks fairlady.. I tossed one of those DIF steering bushings in last time I had the motor out. Not as much street cred, but it works.
no no no... yeah I have a solid Steering bushing there too..not much to tell though I did a bunch of stuff with it....I'm talking Solid RACK bushing.
Aaron swears by it.
YANACK Steering Rack Collar Set

when I order my BN fenders I'm getting These too.
Old 12-28-2011, 10:12 PM   #1971
ill.
Zilvia Member

ill. is an unknown quantity at this point
Looking good man!

Good to have someone to motivate me while I'm doing the same thing haha.
Old 12-28-2011, 10:39 PM   #1972
S14Serge
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (1)
S14Serge is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Your build has inspired me to purchase an s13 in the near future lol
Old 12-30-2011, 10:44 PM   #1973
CamryOnBronze
Post Whore!

^ Glad I could inspire you guys, lol.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrFairlady View Post
no no no... yeah I have a solid Steering bushing there too..not much to tell though I did a bunch of stuff with it....I'm talking Solid RACK bushing.
Aaron swears by it.
YANACK Steering Rack Collar Set

when I order my BN fenders I'm getting These too.
Ohhhh gotcha dude. Those look pretty cool for sure.

I spent about 10 hours on this thing today, but for some reason it ended up looking like I accomplished nothing lol. I started out by installing the Chase Bays in-interior brake line kit. Everything is basically good to go with that- I'll just have to snug everything up and install the reservoir after the bay is painted.

Mock up:

Lines mocked up:

Passenger side lines:

Proportioning valve (not monted yet):

Front fender well area:

I then turned my attention to the wiring for the lighting and the associated relays. This took me way longer than I thought it would, but I am happy to say that everything is in good shape with wiring! (I hope, lol). I basically just need to do the battery relocation, and then I'll be able to see how many problems I created by attempting the wire tuck. Hoping for less than five, lol.

I removed the headlight brackets, a random bracket on the driver's side, the hood prop bracket, and some other random clips and rubber plugs. I started drilling out spot welds and cutting into the strut tower rust on the passenger side- I'm going to try to fix that the same way Toby did on his, although mine looks a little more severe.

I picked up some sheets of steel today to get ready for welding. Just need to get the welder dude over here and I'll be in good shape!

CamryOnBronze.com
Old 12-30-2011, 10:49 PM   #1974
EazyS13
Zilvia Member

EazyS13 is an unknown quantity at this point
looks sweet man cant wait to see the finished product sooner or later
EazyS13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2011, 02:37 AM   #1975
chiboy002
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (21)
chiboy002 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 21 reviews
i'll be pming you in the coming weeks about the welding shit, is that ok?

also, how did you go about drilling out the spot welds?

just a normal bit or with a special tool
Old 12-31-2011, 02:41 AM   #1976
lflkajfj12123

Trader Rating: (20)
lflkajfj12123 is close to perfectionlflkajfj12123 is close to perfectionlflkajfj12123 is close to perfectionlflkajfj12123 is close to perfectionlflkajfj12123 is close to perfectionlflkajfj12123 is close to perfectionlflkajfj12123 is close to perfectionlflkajfj12123 is close to perfectionlflkajfj12123 is close to perfectionlflkajfj12123 is close to perfectionlflkajfj12123 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 20 reviews
can u post some pics of your cat

preferably doing a hat wobble
lflkajfj12123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2011, 07:45 AM   #1977
Broadfield
Zilvia.net Advertiser

Trader Rating: (163)
Broadfield is a name known to allBroadfield is a name known to allBroadfield is a name known to allBroadfield is a name known to allBroadfield is a name known to allBroadfield is a name known to allBroadfield is a name known to allBroadfield is a name known to allBroadfield is a name known to allBroadfield is a name known to allBroadfield is a name known to all
Feedback Score: 163 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by chiboy002 View Post

I'm not sure what Damon used, but I used a spot weld bit. You can see a picture of it in my post:

http://zilvia.net/f/chat/357297-broa...ml#post4019668

Follow Along For My Latest Work
My Portfolio
Please Share
Check Out My Builds
Broadfield is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2011, 10:23 AM   #1978
CamryOnBronze
Post Whore!

Quote:
Originally Posted by chiboy002 View Post

Like Toby said, I used a spot weld cutter I got for $5 at Harbor Freight. I'm sure he has a rad Snap-On one or something, but it got the job done haha. As for the welding, I don't know how to weld- but I can try to answer some questions haha. I'll probably be better at helping you out after my friend has completed the welding on my car.

Quote:
Originally Posted by s0apgun View Post
can u post some pics of your cat

preferably doing a hat wobble
lolol

Heaters gonna heat...

Picking up a new clutch master cylinder today, but that's about all I will accomplish.

CamryOnBronze.com
Old 12-31-2011, 10:41 AM   #1979
Edwin562
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (35)
Edwin562 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 35 reviews
damn, that cat is fat.... i wounder if your dog is fat too. lol
Edwin562 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2011, 01:08 PM   #1980
ill.
Zilvia Member

ill. is an unknown quantity at this point
Be careful. Those brake lines look like they're right where the tire will rub if you have any steering lock modifications.

Last edited by ill.; 01-01-2012 at 01:39 PM..
ill. is offline   Reply With Quote