Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Chat

Chat General Discussion About The Nissan 240SX and Nissan Z Cars

Old 03-14-2016, 03:47 PM   #19381
dorkidori_s13
ITS LISA'S FAULT!!!

Trader Rating: (41)
dorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 41 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by AllThingsGravy View Post
Quick question probably dumb question, but will running an fat o2 sensor for a sr20 on a redtop ecu and red top engine throw everything out of whack?
fat 02 sensor wont work on a redtop... ECU wont understand it as it reads differently; go get a skinny 02 sensor so it functions properly.

Check out my IG for what I'm up to! DORKIDORI INSTAGRAM!!!
dorkidori_s13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 03-14-2016, 03:57 PM   #19382
AllThingsGravy
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (2)
AllThingsGravy is making a name for him/her selfAllThingsGravy is making a name for him/her selfAllThingsGravy is making a name for him/her self
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by dorkidori_s13 View Post
fat 02 sensor wont work on a redtop... ECU wont understand it as it reads differently; go get a skinny 02 sensor so it functions properly.
Alright thanks man!
AllThingsGravy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2016, 04:01 PM   #19383
Yad
Leaky Injector

Trader Rating: (1)
Yad is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Hey guys im doing a brake swap on my 240sx coupe, i just bought a tt z32 e-brake set up and z32 26mm brakes and rotors and lines, i was wondering if it work with my 4-lug or i have to get the 5-lugs or what else do i need?
Thanks in advance
Yad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2016, 04:12 PM   #19384
DJTTon
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (6)
DJTTon is on the path to ruinDJTTon is on the path to ruin
Feedback Score: 6 reviews
I dont think it matters what the lugs are, the brake mounts on the rotor. As long as your rotor fits then youre gravy
DJTTon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2016, 04:41 PM   #19385
dorkidori_s13
ITS LISA'S FAULT!!!

dorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfection
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yad View Post
Hey guys im doing a brake swap on my 240sx coupe, i just bought a tt z32 e-brake set up and z32 26mm brakes and rotors and lines, i was wondering if it work with my 4-lug or i have to get the 5-lugs or what else do i need?
Thanks in advance
have the front Z32 rotors turned and then redrill the lug pattern into them, same with the rears. the rear drum assembly doesnt rely on the lug pattern since it bolts to the hub and doesnt slide on over the studs.

Old 03-14-2016, 05:20 PM   #19386
Lompang
Leaky Injector

Trader Rating: (0)
Lompang is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Have a weird no crank no start problem. Things I replaced are the Ignition Switch, Battery, and Starter. I also bypassed the clutch safety switch to rule that out. Car still doesn't crank nor start, I hear clicking from a relay under the driver dash, but no clicking to the starter solenoid otherwise no other noise. Dash lights and headlights all work fine and can be turned on as well as all accessories. Anything else I could have missed? Grounds were all refitted and cleaned and checked as well. There was one ground wire that was weird though on the engine block near the exhaust manifold it had a plug ground which was unplugged, but I could not find anything to plug it into to. If it helps I found out my ENG CONT fuse was blown and replaced it, but it didn't seem to do anything.
Lompang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2016, 05:44 PM   #19387
MR_GUTTI
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (9)
MR_GUTTI is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 9 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by MR_GUTTI View Post
Can I use r33 rb25det piston ring on a rb25det neo??? I know neo rings have a different part number but I already have a set from an r33. Thanks!!!!
Where are the RB guys??? Help please!
MR_GUTTI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2016, 05:49 PM   #19388
Yad
Leaky Injector

Yad is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by DJTTon View Post
I dont think it matters what the lugs are, the brake mounts on the rotor. As long as your rotor fits then youre gravy
Quote:
have the front Z32 rotors turned and then redrill the lug pattern into them, same with the rears. the rear drum assembly doesnt rely on the lug pattern since it bolts to the hub and doesnt slide on over the studs.
Thank you so much for the help guys
Yad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2016, 09:53 AM   #19389
Jorgs_7
Zilvia Junkie

Jorgs_7 is just really niceJorgs_7 is just really niceJorgs_7 is just really niceJorgs_7 is just really niceJorgs_7 is just really niceJorgs_7 is just really niceJorgs_7 is just really niceJorgs_7 is just really niceJorgs_7 is just really nice
Wheres the best place to obtain a replacement Rack and Pinion? Looking for S13 HICAS rack to replace my nasty S14 rack.
Jorgs_7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2016, 12:10 PM   #19390
kashira kureijii
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (4)
kashira kureijii is making his/her stupidity well-knownkashira kureijii is making his/her stupidity well-knownkashira kureijii is making his/her stupidity well-knownkashira kureijii is making his/her stupidity well-known
Feedback Score: 4 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jorgs_7 View Post
Wheres the best place to obtain a replacement Rack and Pinion? Looking for S13 HICAS rack to replace my nasty S14 rack.

If you type 240sx rack and pinion into an eBay search there a bunch of reman ones for pretty cheap on eBay. They just require a core or whatever.
Other people will probably mention rock auto or whatever, but I haven't used them so I dunno

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
kashira kureijii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2016, 12:19 PM   #19391
Jorgs_7
Zilvia Junkie

Jorgs_7 is just really niceJorgs_7 is just really niceJorgs_7 is just really niceJorgs_7 is just really niceJorgs_7 is just really niceJorgs_7 is just really niceJorgs_7 is just really niceJorgs_7 is just really niceJorgs_7 is just really nice
Quote:
Originally Posted by kashira kureijii View Post
If you type 240sx rack and pinion into an eBay search there a bunch of reman ones for pretty cheap on eBay. They just require a core or whatever.
Other people will probably mention rock auto or whatever, but I haven't used them so I dunno

Cheapest Ive seen for S14 is 350$. Im all for buying quality parts, but that's the most expensive re-man unit for any vehicle I've seen lately (aside from BMW and Benz kinda deal).
Jorgs_7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2016, 12:21 PM   #19392
kashira kureijii
Zilvia FREAK!

kashira kureijii is making his/her stupidity well-knownkashira kureijii is making his/her stupidity well-knownkashira kureijii is making his/her stupidity well-knownkashira kureijii is making his/her stupidity well-known
Does anyone know of like a more liquidy form of body filler than bondo? Reason I ask, is that I recently body fillered my tubs, and it kept drying like super fast so it is kinda rough with small little divots . I already sanded it and I don't think sanding more would help. It was also my first time body fillering something. Kinda would rather not have to go back, and sand it off.
Is there anything that is kinda like a thick paint that I can use to smooth it all out?

Old 03-15-2016, 12:25 PM   #19393
kashira kureijii
Zilvia FREAK!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jorgs_7 View Post
Cheapest Ive seen for S14 is 350$. Im all for buying quality parts, but that's the most expensive re-man unit for any vehicle I've seen lately (aside from BMW and Benz kinda deal).

Damn I said they were cheap, but I didn't really check the s14 ones. The one I have on my watch list is for an ae86 so I just sorta assumed they would be similar in price.

Maybe someone else knows of a sight that sells racks, I thought I saw someone list a link a while back in this thread that had them for sub $200 but I don't remember what it was

Old 03-15-2016, 02:15 PM   #19394
Crazyced
Zilvia Junkie

Crazyced is an unknown quantity at this point
I know the S14 brake MC looks different. But is there a definitive way to determine whether I have an S13 or Z32 brake MC?

'S13 brake MC' in google image seems to only bring up Z32 ones.
Crazyced is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2016, 02:29 PM   #19395
LoSt180
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (18)
LoSt180 has a reputation beyond reputeLoSt180 has a reputation beyond reputeLoSt180 has a reputation beyond reputeLoSt180 has a reputation beyond reputeLoSt180 has a reputation beyond reputeLoSt180 has a reputation beyond reputeLoSt180 has a reputation beyond reputeLoSt180 has a reputation beyond reputeLoSt180 has a reputation beyond reputeLoSt180 has a reputation beyond reputeLoSt180 has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 18 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crazyced View Post
I know the S14 brake MC looks different. But is there a definitive way to determine whether I have an S13 or Z32 brake MC?

'S13 brake MC' in google image seems to only bring up Z32 ones.
Size. Should be a stamp on the side somewhere. S13 is 7/8" if I recall, Z32 would be 1" or 1-1/16"
LoSt180 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2016, 02:32 PM   #19396
LoSt180
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (18)
LoSt180 has a reputation beyond reputeLoSt180 has a reputation beyond reputeLoSt180 has a reputation beyond reputeLoSt180 has a reputation beyond reputeLoSt180 has a reputation beyond reputeLoSt180 has a reputation beyond reputeLoSt180 has a reputation beyond reputeLoSt180 has a reputation beyond reputeLoSt180 has a reputation beyond reputeLoSt180 has a reputation beyond reputeLoSt180 has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 18 reviews
Quote:
Does anyone know of like a more liquidy form of body filler than bondo? Reason I ask, is that I recently body fillered my tubs, and it kept drying like super fast so it is kinda rough with small little divots . I already sanded it and I don't think sanding more would help. It was also my first time body fillering something. Kinda would rather not have to go back, and sand it off.
Is there anything that is kinda like a thick paint that I can use to smooth it all out?
That's the normal process when using filler for doing body work. Typically takes a few thin layers to get everything smooth. If you only have deep 80grit scratches or minor things to get rid of, you can use a softer filler called "glaze". Ask the paint&body rep for it.
LoSt180 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2016, 02:37 PM   #19397
kashira kureijii
Zilvia FREAK!

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoSt180 View Post
That's the normal process when using filler for doing body work. Typically takes a few thin layers to get everything smooth. If you only have deep 80grit scratches or minor things to get rid of, you can use a softer filler called "glaze". Ask the paint&body rep for it.

Cool, thanks man

Old 03-16-2016, 05:29 AM   #19398
I'm Redline
Zilvia Addict

I'm Redline is a name known to allI'm Redline is a name known to allI'm Redline is a name known to allI'm Redline is a name known to allI'm Redline is a name known to allI'm Redline is a name known to allI'm Redline is a name known to allI'm Redline is a name known to allI'm Redline is a name known to allI'm Redline is a name known to allI'm Redline is a name known to all
Quote:
Cool, thanks man

Before you run the glazing putty, wet sand your bondo with 400 grit then 800 grit. The glazing putty fills in the pin holes well, but you need a softer, more flexible blade with it, like a tint blade or what you would use for vinyl decals.
Glazing putty is also what you use to fill in the pinholes on your regular paint as well when you wet sand down to a hard scuff.
Schooled by King's Customs, Clarksville, TN. Thanks Jimmy, Ron, and Houston
Old 03-16-2016, 09:53 AM   #19399
wowitsaboy
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (6)
wowitsaboy is making a name for him/her selfwowitsaboy is making a name for him/her selfwowitsaboy is making a name for him/her self
Feedback Score: 6 reviews
Send a message via AIM to wowitsaboy
sorry if this has been covered BUT what is this part called and were can I get one.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg valve-cover.jpg (128.7 KB, 19 views)
Old 03-16-2016, 10:06 AM   #19400
Itsuki Takeuchi
Leaky Injector

Itsuki Takeuchi is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by wowitsaboy View Post
sorry if this has been covered BUT what is this part called and were can I get one.
90 degree brass elbow. really your best option is just buy a used valve cover and rob it off it. or you can remove you vc and tap that hole to a NPT and screw in a elbow. that way it wont just fall out.

could also be called breather elbow. I searched oriellys and they dont have it
Itsuki Takeuchi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2016, 09:07 PM   #19401
Cold Sake

Cold Sake is an unknown quantity at this point
Hey guys, so excuse my not having any wiring knowledge, but I need some help. Wiring is very intimidating to me, i couldnt even wire up my stereo lol, or Couldnt when I had tried a few months back probably can now. Anyway. I rebuilt my KA's top end three everything back together and it won't start' how fun. It gets fuel(sometime), and spark(sometimes) it cuts out, i messed around with the ECU and i get fuel and spark at certain angles. Sooooo what do I do? Is it grounding out maybe? I don't know how to do this at all haha
Cold Sake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2016, 11:40 AM   #19402
Crazyced
Zilvia Junkie

a 1992 Pathfinder and 1995 Maxima popped up at my local U-pull yard. I want to get a consult port. Anything else that could be usefull in my 1992 240sx? The fuel pump hanger maybe?
Old 03-17-2016, 12:06 PM   #19403
dorkidori_s13
ITS LISA'S FAULT!!!

Quote:
a 1992 Pathfinder and 1995 Maxima popped up at my local U-pull yard. I want to get a consult port. Anything else that could be usefull in my 1992 240sx? The fuel pump hanger maybe?
coilovers
control arms (ALL OF THEM)
subframe spacers
strut bars
sway bars
bushings (ALL OF THEM)
SR20det
GT30R turbo
Power FC DJetro
recaro seats
17x9 +35 wheels all around with meaty tires (non of that stretch BS)
body and paint work
interior restoration
walbro fuel pump
aeromotive FPR
bigger injectors
FMIC kit

thats a good start right there

Old 03-17-2016, 12:08 PM   #19404
Crazyced
Zilvia Junkie

Quote:
coilovers
control arms (ALL OF THEM)
subframe spacers
strut bars
sway bars
bushings (ALL OF THEM)
SR20det
GT30R turbo
Power FC DJetro
recaro seats
17x9 +35 wheels all around with meaty tires (non of that stretch BS)
body and paint work
interior restoration
walbro fuel pump
aeromotive FPR
bigger injectors
FMIC kit

thats a good start right there

The fuel pump hanger on the pathfinder looks identical from the top but I don't know if it's actually the same depth.
Old 03-17-2016, 12:12 PM   #19405
dorkidori_s13
ITS LISA'S FAULT!!!

Quote:

The fuel pump hanger on the pathfinder looks similar but I don't know if it's actually the same.
the sending unit for the 240sx is vehicle specific, there is no other replacement other than the OE S13 or S14 version (ive looked... its annoying)

you already have a consult port in your car, its in the lower kick panel on the drivers side... ALL S13s came with them, even zenkis.

Old 03-17-2016, 01:31 PM   #19406
S14kouki805
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (5)
S14kouki805 has much to be proud ofS14kouki805 has much to be proud ofS14kouki805 has much to be proud ofS14kouki805 has much to be proud ofS14kouki805 has much to be proud ofS14kouki805 has much to be proud ofS14kouki805 has much to be proud ofS14kouki805 has much to be proud ofS14kouki805 has much to be proud ofS14kouki805 has much to be proud ofS14kouki805 has much to be proud of
Feedback Score: 5 reviews
Quote:
Damn I said they were cheap, but I didn't really check the s14 ones. The one I have on my watch list is for an ae86 so I just sorta assumed they would be similar in price.

Maybe someone else knows of a sight that sells racks, I thought I saw someone list a link a while back in this thread that had them for sub $200 but I don't remember what it was

I got a reman S14 rack at my local Napa for like $240, you need to give them your core though. If that's too much idk what to tell you.
S14kouki805 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2016, 01:40 PM   #19407
SoundEfx
Zilvia FREAK!

SoundEfx is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by S14kouki805 View Post
I got a reman S14 rack at my local Napa for like $240, you need to give them your core though. If that's too much idk what to tell you.
How much was it if you don't give them your core?
Old 03-17-2016, 01:57 PM   #19408
Crazyced
Zilvia Junkie

Quote:
you already have a consult port in your car, its in the lower kick panel on the drivers side... ALL S13s came with them, even zenkis.
I'm fully aware that my car has a consult port. In fact here it is:

I can only assume the shit it's pact with is a mixture of dirt, road salts and fabric adhesive it gathered while it way laying on the floor. Last thing I want is continuity issues while flashing ROMs so if I can get my hands on a nice one I'll do that.
Old 03-17-2016, 01:58 PM   #19409
S14kouki805
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (5)
S14kouki805 has much to be proud ofS14kouki805 has much to be proud ofS14kouki805 has much to be proud ofS14kouki805 has much to be proud ofS14kouki805 has much to be proud ofS14kouki805 has much to be proud ofS14kouki805 has much to be proud ofS14kouki805 has much to be proud ofS14kouki805 has much to be proud ofS14kouki805 has much to be proud ofS14kouki805 has much to be proud of
Feedback Score: 5 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoundEfx View Post
How much was it if you don't give them your core?
It was actually 210 for the rack and 166 for the core.
S14kouki805 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2016, 02:15 PM   #19410
SoundEfx
Zilvia FREAK!

SoundEfx is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by S14kouki805 View Post
It was actually 210 for the rack and 166 for the core.
So without the core, you would have to pay $376 for their rack?