Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > Specific Topics > Off Topic Chat

Off Topic Chat All non related chat goes here.

Old 11-20-2019, 08:00 AM   #1831
crash n' burn
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (12)
crash n' burn has a spectacular aura aboutcrash n' burn has a spectacular aura aboutcrash n' burn has a spectacular aura aboutcrash n' burn has a spectacular aura aboutcrash n' burn has a spectacular aura aboutcrash n' burn has a spectacular aura about
Feedback Score: 12 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Krusty_s13 View Post
I'm glad I am not the only one cringing at the "new wave". Lets bring back the well written blogs and informative forum posts plz.
You have to first blow their minds that people still use forums. 9 times out of 10, when I say shit can be found on zilvia..I get the answer "Forums are dead", or "the pictures don't work"

It's like no one knows how to fucking read.. Apparently they'd rather just be clowns on FB. Don't get me wrong, I legit just shit-post on those groups since there is zero contributions happening.
Sponsored Links
Old 11-20-2019, 08:05 AM   #1832
tuzzio
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (3)
tuzzio is close to perfectiontuzzio is close to perfectiontuzzio is close to perfectiontuzzio is close to perfectiontuzzio is close to perfectiontuzzio is close to perfectiontuzzio is close to perfectiontuzzio is close to perfectiontuzzio is close to perfectiontuzzio is close to perfectiontuzzio is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
Build threads and forums > youtube.

Youtube is a great tool, I'll never take that away. But 11 out of 10 car "vlogs" ( I hate that word) are no more than people doing stuff to get likes. Almost none of them build anything actually cool / unique. Its amazing some of the fab guys on youtube don't get more recognition.
tuzzio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2019, 08:11 AM   #1833
Krusty_s13
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (0)
Krusty_s13 has much to be proud ofKrusty_s13 has much to be proud ofKrusty_s13 has much to be proud ofKrusty_s13 has much to be proud ofKrusty_s13 has much to be proud ofKrusty_s13 has much to be proud ofKrusty_s13 has much to be proud ofKrusty_s13 has much to be proud ofKrusty_s13 has much to be proud ofKrusty_s13 has much to be proud ofKrusty_s13 has much to be proud of
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by tuzzio View Post

Youtube is a great tool, I'll never take that away. But 11 out of 10 car "vlogs" ( I hate that word) are no more than people doing stuff to get likes. Almost none of them build anything actually cool / unique. Its amazing some of the fab guys on youtube don't get more recognition.
Those channels are the only ones that are worth a damn. Id rather learn how to melt some steel then hear why your boost leak is the "reason" why your driving sucks.
Old 11-20-2019, 08:12 AM   #1834
Krusty_s13
Zilvia Addict

Krusty_s13 has much to be proud ofKrusty_s13 has much to be proud ofKrusty_s13 has much to be proud ofKrusty_s13 has much to be proud ofKrusty_s13 has much to be proud ofKrusty_s13 has much to be proud ofKrusty_s13 has much to be proud ofKrusty_s13 has much to be proud ofKrusty_s13 has much to be proud ofKrusty_s13 has much to be proud ofKrusty_s13 has much to be proud of
Quote:
Originally Posted by crash n' burn View Post
You have to first blow their minds that people still use forums. 9 times out of 10, when I say shit can be found on zilvia..I get the answer "Forums are dead", or "the pictures don't work"

It's like no one knows how to fucking read.. Apparently they'd rather just be clowns on FB. Don't get me wrong, I legit just shit-post on those groups since there is zero contributions happening.
No one is formulating their own opinions now a days. They want to be spoon fed and just follow the trend. Whatever the YT celebrity says is good, is the part I am going to run on my car.

WTB one way ticket to mars plz.
Old 11-20-2019, 09:53 AM   #1835
crash n' burn
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (12)
crash n' burn has a spectacular aura aboutcrash n' burn has a spectacular aura aboutcrash n' burn has a spectacular aura aboutcrash n' burn has a spectacular aura aboutcrash n' burn has a spectacular aura aboutcrash n' burn has a spectacular aura about
Feedback Score: 12 reviews
Quote:
No one is formulating their own opinions now a days. They want to be spoon fed and just follow the trend. Whatever the YT celebrity says is good, is the part I am going to run on my car.

Love Jimmy O and everything..but now it's some miraculous concept that people should actually spend money on replacement OE parts so their shit boxes aren't such shit boxes instead of throwing knock off parts and other random dumb shit at them first.

Then all these NOS parts start flying off the shelf. Love/Hate it because I was eyeballin' a set of those new dual projectors....well shit.

tuzzio, you get that GREX shifter pattern alright?
Old 11-20-2019, 12:15 PM   #1836
deolio
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (13)
deolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 13 reviews
project binky is hands down the best build "vlog" on youtube. if you haven't seen it, check it out. makes me want to build templates for shit and use a grinder for no reason every time i watch lol

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7hCP...3-GLTO&index=3
Old 11-20-2019, 02:40 PM   #1837
ZenkiKid
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (9)
ZenkiKid has much to be proud ofZenkiKid has much to be proud ofZenkiKid has much to be proud ofZenkiKid has much to be proud ofZenkiKid has much to be proud ofZenkiKid has much to be proud ofZenkiKid has much to be proud ofZenkiKid has much to be proud ofZenkiKid has much to be proud ofZenkiKid has much to be proud ofZenkiKid has much to be proud of
Feedback Score: 9 reviews
I personally love watching YoungStatic and Garage built hondas. Both accounts revolve around building fast cars on budget parts.
ZenkiKid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2019, 05:29 PM   #1838
merlz
Zilvia Member

merlz is a name known to allmerlz is a name known to allmerlz is a name known to allmerlz is a name known to allmerlz is a name known to allmerlz is a name known to allmerlz is a name known to allmerlz is a name known to allmerlz is a name known to allmerlz is a name known to allmerlz is a name known to all
Quote:
Originally Posted by deolio View Post
project binky is hands down the best build "vlog" on youtube. if you haven't seen it, check it out. makes me want to build templates for shit and use a grinder for no reason every time i watch lol

I fucking hate tea. But i'd drink it with those blokes. Love watching how over engineered that car is haha
Old 11-20-2019, 05:41 PM   #1839
PoorMans180SX
Zilvia.net Advertiser

Trader Rating: (16)
PoorMans180SX is close to perfectionPoorMans180SX is close to perfectionPoorMans180SX is close to perfectionPoorMans180SX is close to perfectionPoorMans180SX is close to perfectionPoorMans180SX is close to perfectionPoorMans180SX is close to perfectionPoorMans180SX is close to perfectionPoorMans180SX is close to perfectionPoorMans180SX is close to perfectionPoorMans180SX is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 16 reviews
Send a message via AIM to PoorMans180SX
Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Fuck yeah, I’m glad this thread is still on track! I agree with all these sentiments mates, cheers!

P.S. the Driftworks dudes do some cool stuff now and then.

Friends don't let friends buy knock-offs.
PoorMans180SX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2019, 08:08 AM   #1840
tuzzio
Post Whore!

tuzzio is close to perfectiontuzzio is close to perfectiontuzzio is close to perfectiontuzzio is close to perfectiontuzzio is close to perfectiontuzzio is close to perfectiontuzzio is close to perfectiontuzzio is close to perfectiontuzzio is close to perfectiontuzzio is close to perfectiontuzzio is close to perfection
Quote:
tuzzio, you get that GREX shifter pattern alright?
yessir. thanks again. Wouldnt mind a spare if you have anymore sitting around. You know how to get ahold of me.
tuzzio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2019, 11:07 AM   #1841
gbaby2089
Zilvia Addict

gbaby2089 is close to perfectiongbaby2089 is close to perfectiongbaby2089 is close to perfectiongbaby2089 is close to perfectiongbaby2089 is close to perfectiongbaby2089 is close to perfectiongbaby2089 is close to perfectiongbaby2089 is close to perfectiongbaby2089 is close to perfectiongbaby2089 is close to perfectiongbaby2089 is close to perfection
Quote:
Originally Posted by merlz View Post
Yeah i'm not watching anymore. It's getting ridiculously fucking cringe. Shit product placement like he's not trying to advertise future 'flight tag' key chains like every other fucking company. Like fuck off! I get it, you're trying to make money "respect the hustle" bla bla bla but fuck me.

Also the ads within the video are a automatic skip for me.
Car YouTubers have always been cringy breh.

Adam LZ & Hert at Final Bout constantly surrounded by 17 year old chuds & weebs, super wack.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dizzariot View Post
Hello. I'm happy y'all are still as bitter as me. I am living proof you can live a happy life and still disapprove of bullshit car trends on the internet.
Same.

Quote:
I'm glad I am not the only one cringing at the "new wave". Lets bring back the well written blogs and informative forum posts plz.
Taking & uploading pictures AND writing stuff to go with that? That's too hard dude.

Quote:

That's life in 2019 friendo. Look at how many people just do things for IG likes.

Quote:

Project Binky is great. 99% of other car stuff on YT is trash.
gbaby2089 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2019, 04:13 PM   #1842
dizzariot
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (47)
dizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 47 reviews
People are neg-repping me for bitching in the thread designed for bitching.

Look up, there goes the point...aaaaaaaaaand it's gone.

LOL.
Old 11-26-2019, 05:59 PM   #1843
deolio
Post Whore!

deolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfection
Quote:
People are neg-repping me for bitching in the thread designed for bitching.

Look up, there goes the point...aaaaaaaaaand it's gone.

LOL.
or are they out-grumpy-ing you
Old 11-26-2019, 06:23 PM   #1844
dizzariot
Post Whore!

dizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfection
Quote:
or are they out-grumpy-ing you
OOOOOO THAT WOULD BE YHE FUCKING DAY! lol

It was on the post where I lightly bashed Okamura.

I’ll take it a step further: the new aero is whack. Neg rep me for an opinion, very soft of whoever is neg-repping posts here.
Old 11-26-2019, 06:48 PM   #1845
Krusty_s13
Zilvia Addict

Quote:
OOOOOO THAT WOULD BE YHE FUCKING DAY! lol

It was on the post where I lightly bashed Okamura.

I’ll take it a step further: the new aero is whack. Neg rep me for an opinion, very soft of whoever is neg-repping posts here.
I’m not a fan either. Meh.
Inb4 someone comes in and tells us something about an opinion and an asshole.
Old 11-26-2019, 07:18 PM   #1846
BryanSayWhat
Zilvia Member

BryanSayWhat has much to be proud ofBryanSayWhat has much to be proud ofBryanSayWhat has much to be proud ofBryanSayWhat has much to be proud ofBryanSayWhat has much to be proud ofBryanSayWhat has much to be proud ofBryanSayWhat has much to be proud ofBryanSayWhat has much to be proud ofBryanSayWhat has much to be proud ofBryanSayWhat has much to be proud ofBryanSayWhat has much to be proud of
Quote:
Might as well be Rocket Bunny V3 (yes, I looked up the current version count ).
BryanSayWhat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2019, 07:49 PM   #1847
deolio
Post Whore!

seems like these days most aero coming out is garbage besides varis, voltex, and artisan spirits.
Old 11-28-2019, 05:32 PM   #1848
deolio
Post Whore!

happy thanksgiving you old dirty grumpy sons of bitches i’m grateful for the hate i have for every single one of you. never stop being dickheads <3
Old 11-28-2019, 07:52 PM   #1849
dizzariot
Post Whore!

Quote:
happy thanksgiving you old dirty grumpy sons of bitches i’m grateful for the hate i have for every single one of you. never stop being dickheads <3
Same here. I'm thankful that you guys aren't soft as cotton and can have a heated debate without neg-repping and reporting posts.
Old 12-01-2019, 07:55 AM   #1850
mrmephistopheles
Magnanimous Justice Distribution Service

Trader Rating: (9)
mrmephistopheles has disabled reputation
Feedback Score: 9 reviews
Quote:
same here. I'm thankful that you guys aren't soft as cotton and can have a heated debate without neg-repping and reporting posts.
*post reported, neg rep applied*
mrmephistopheles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2019, 02:48 PM   #1851
dizzariot
Post Whore!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrmephistopheles View Post
*post reported, neg rep applied*
You crazy bastard. Called my bluff.

Japan keeps coming out with cool car models we don't get in the US. I periodically check what's released back home and it isn't much...
Old 12-01-2019, 03:46 PM   #1852
merlz
Zilvia Member

merlz is a name known to allmerlz is a name known to allmerlz is a name known to allmerlz is a name known to allmerlz is a name known to allmerlz is a name known to allmerlz is a name known to allmerlz is a name known to allmerlz is a name known to allmerlz is a name known to allmerlz is a name known to all
Quote:
You crazy bastard
Called him crazy and a bastard, when you don't know his life story. I'm offended.

I'm angry at all these wanker facebook pages coming out of the woodwork posting old blurry 90's photo's like they're fucking cool. You scanned a photo from a magazine and threw your watermark on it.
Then throw shit captions on everything with weird font's and spacing like "R P S 1 3". We get it. You're fucking edgy!!
Old 12-02-2019, 09:57 PM   #1853
ixfxi
Post Whore!

ixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfection
three things I would like to note:

1) The 2019 LA auto show sucked major dick. New vette looks weird. Supra looks equally weird and disproportionate. NISSAN is asleep at the wheel, no new Z or GTR. Longest. Production. Run. Ever.

2) Many years ago, NightKids ran from the police. This created an epic thread here.

3) Drift Girl

carry on...
ixfxi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2019, 12:52 AM   #1854
Tearlessj
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (6)
Tearlessj is close to perfectionTearlessj is close to perfectionTearlessj is close to perfectionTearlessj is close to perfectionTearlessj is close to perfectionTearlessj is close to perfectionTearlessj is close to perfectionTearlessj is close to perfectionTearlessj is close to perfectionTearlessj is close to perfectionTearlessj is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 6 reviews
Had someone hit me up for some parts. I send photos, get a shipping quote, $30 shipped. Says he's waiting for some checks to clear to pay me. Like man I get it, but jesus, if you're waiting for a check to clear to pay $30 for some 240 parts maybe you shouldn't be into 240's. Maybe I'm not being thoughtful enough, I don't know.
Old 12-03-2019, 07:49 AM   #1855
dorkidori_s13
ITS LISA'S FAULT!!!

Trader Rating: (41)
dorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 41 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tearlessj View Post
Like man I get it, but jesus, if you're waiting for a check to clear to pay $30 for some 240 parts maybe you shouldn't be into 240's.
agreed! ive heard this a lot over the last few years (especially in the Protege scene). its like if you cant afford $40 for a replacement part, especially used, you PROBABLY shouldnt be building cars...

Check out my IG for what I'm up to! DORKIDORI INSTAGRAM!!!
dorkidori_s13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2019, 01:37 PM   #1856
jedi03
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (8)
jedi03 is on a distinguished road
Feedback Score: 8 reviews
well grass is always greener on the other side and 240s being built these days turn into gold when complete! lol I think its because racecar mentality and young people being young...
jedi03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2019, 01:49 PM   #1857
duballstar37
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (10)
duballstar37 is on the path to ruinduballstar37 is on the path to ruinduballstar37 is on the path to ruin
Feedback Score: 10 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by jedi03 View Post
well grass is always greener on the other side and 240s being built these days turn into gold when complete! lol I think its because racecar mentality and young people being young...
Priorities are for old grumpy assholes!
Old 12-03-2019, 02:20 PM   #1858
dorkidori_s13
ITS LISA'S FAULT!!!

Trader Rating: (41)
dorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 41 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by jedi03 View Post
they turn into gold huh? if by gold you mean a complete loss on investment as it will COST you $25,000+ to build something proper, clean and right that youll see MAYBE a return of $12,00-$15,000 on... so can you explain this "gold" logic of yours?

Check out my IG for what I'm up to! DORKIDORI INSTAGRAM!!!
dorkidori_s13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2019, 08:00 PM   #1859
dizzariot
Post Whore!

Here we go again.

What’s ‘proper’...because restoring a car to OEM spec is pretty fucking ‘proper’ to me and doesn’t cost $25k.

I still haven’t lost money on an SChassis.
Old 12-04-2019, 06:00 AM   #1860
Croustibat
Nissanaholic!

Croustibat is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Here we go again.

What’s ‘proper’...because restoring a car to OEM spec is pretty fucking ‘proper’ to me and doesn’t cost $25k.

I still haven’t lost money on an SChassis.
"Proper build" != "restoring to OEM spec" != "patching holes with fiberglass and vynil wrap to hide rust"

I may have spent around 10k on chassis interior and suspension work over the years.
Engine and transmission are currently being built, and clearly not going over that 25k mark is a long forgotten dream ... The money is mostly parts at a discount. Initial car price is not included either ...

No matter how fast or refined it is, it cannot sell for more than 10K.

The only way not to lose money on an S chassis is not to part from it. As long as the car is not gone, money is not lost i guess...
Croustibat is offline   Reply With Quote