Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Chat

Chat General Discussion About The Nissan 240SX and Nissan Z Cars

Old 04-09-2015, 04:06 PM   #18091
Suicunes

Trader Rating: (0)
Suicunes is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
KA

This question has to have been asked before but I couldn't find a definite answer, I live in virginia and well, as some of you might know, we have ridiculous laws. I just got a ticket for my Apexi dual N1 today and the cop told me, the next one, he's gonna pull my tags. I wasn't driving like a douche, literally just cruising at 25. Well I'm in search of something less noticeable but still sounds good. I've heard about BRM's but have heard mixed opinions about them. Anybody who could send me in the direction of a good exhaust choice, it would be greatly appreciated. Thank you!
Suicunes is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 04-09-2015, 04:29 PM   #18092
zenki-s13
Leaky Injector

zenki-s13 is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by Suicunes View Post
This question has to have been asked before but I couldn't find a definite answer, I live in virginia and well, as some of you might know, we have ridiculous laws. I just got a ticket for my Apexi dual N1 today and the cop told me, the next one, he's gonna pull my tags. I wasn't driving like a douche, literally just cruising at 25. Well I'm in search of something less noticeable but still sounds good. I've heard about BRM's but have heard mixed opinions about them. Anybody who could send me in the direction of a good exhaust choice, it would be greatly appreciated. Thank you!
If you want to keep a nice tone along with being a bit quieter, I would say an HKS hi-power with high flow cat. I run one with a test pipe on my evo and isnt to bad.
Also HKS has a legamax series that would be a good choice. Not sure if they make it for s-chassis though.
zenki-s13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2015, 04:42 PM   #18093
Suicunes

Quote:
Originally Posted by zenki-s13 View Post
If you want to keep a nice tone along with being a bit quieter, I would say an HKS hi-power with high flow cat. I run one with a test pipe on my evo and isnt to bad.
Also HKS has a legamax series that would be a good choice. Not sure if they make it for s-chassis though.
I'm just tired of getting crap from the police. Mainly Sheriff's deputies and now VSP. I want something that has a cool tone but looks kind of stealthy or at least stealthy enough that they wouldn't know. No joke, I have the only s-chassis in my whole county, so most cops scratch their head when they see it, and better yet, it being a S14, everything just has to be more expensive with head lights and crap I had to replace because of the previous guy. I'll check out the HKS's though! Always wanted a HKS of some sort!
Old 04-09-2015, 05:54 PM   #18094
blksylv
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (33)
blksylv is not welcome here anymoreblksylv is not welcome here anymoreblksylv is not welcome here anymoreblksylv is not welcome here anymoreblksylv is not welcome here anymoreblksylv is not welcome here anymoreblksylv is not welcome here anymoreblksylv is not welcome here anymoreblksylv is not welcome here anymore
Feedback Score: 33 reviews
You may want to also look into the apexi noir or the hks sport exhaust.
there is nothing wrong with enjoying the build. however, we sometimes have to remind ourselves that the build is only one part of the puzzle, and that ultimately - enjoying and driving the car is the number one priority.
blksylv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2015, 06:09 PM   #18095
Suicunes

Quote:
Originally Posted by blksylv View Post
You may want to also look into the apexi noir or the hks sport exhaust.
I've checked out the noir and I do like the look! I've been searching up exhausts since I got my ticket today, because the trooper said anymore and they'll pull my tags. Lol Virginia doesn't play around.
Old 04-09-2015, 06:15 PM   #18096
Kingtal0n
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (17)
Kingtal0n has a reputation beyond reputeKingtal0n has a reputation beyond reputeKingtal0n has a reputation beyond reputeKingtal0n has a reputation beyond reputeKingtal0n has a reputation beyond reputeKingtal0n has a reputation beyond reputeKingtal0n has a reputation beyond reputeKingtal0n has a reputation beyond reputeKingtal0n has a reputation beyond reputeKingtal0n has a reputation beyond reputeKingtal0n has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 17 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Kingtal0n
Quote:
I'm just tired of getting crap from the police. Mainly Sheriff's deputies and now VSP. I want something that has a cool tone but looks kind of stealthy or at least stealthy enough that they wouldn't know. No joke, I have the only s-chassis in my whole county, so most cops scratch their head when they see it, and better yet, it being a S14, everything just has to be more expensive with head lights and crap I had to replace because of the previous guy. I'll check out the HKS's though! Always wanted a HKS of some sort!
I run the OEM exhaust with an electric cut-out. Food for thought.
Old 04-09-2015, 06:32 PM   #18097
Suicunes

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kingtal0n View Post
I run the OEM exhaust with an electric cut-out. Food for thought.
What's the electric cut off run to? I've always entertained something like that, we always did that to our Muscle cars. My family's el-Camino had electric cut outs that went to a straight dump out behind the trans, but I've never heard one off a 4 cylinder.
Old 04-10-2015, 05:33 AM   #18098
I'm Redline
Zilvia Addict

I'm Redline is a name known to allI'm Redline is a name known to allI'm Redline is a name known to allI'm Redline is a name known to allI'm Redline is a name known to allI'm Redline is a name known to allI'm Redline is a name known to allI'm Redline is a name known to allI'm Redline is a name known to allI'm Redline is a name known to allI'm Redline is a name known to all
Quote:
I have never seen a cop draw attention to this:

http://www.enjukuracing.com/products...san-240sx.html
Old 04-10-2015, 06:01 AM   #18099
Corbic
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (8)
Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic
Feedback Score: 8 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by I'm Redline View Post
I have never seen a cop draw attention to this:

http://www.enjukuracing.com/products...san-240sx.html

Save the $80 and buy the ISIS MB-style dual muffler exhaust.
Corbic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2015, 07:00 AM   #18100
Suicunes

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corbic View Post
Save the $80 and buy the ISIS MB-style dual muffler exhaust.
I saw the Isis, it looked a little better with a resonator (easier to prove its been changed and "up to code" ) but I'd probably have to paint it flat black.
Old 04-10-2015, 07:40 AM   #18101
Corbic
Post Whore!

Quote:
I saw the Isis, it looked a little better with a resonator (easier to prove its been changed and "up to code" ) but I'd probably have to paint it flat black.

Gross.

Spray it down with a $8 can of Krylon.

Honestly they shouldn't complain about stainless still or the color. Factory exhausts are silver and shiny. I suspect those "Noir" exhausts are painted because they are mild steel (cheaper than stainless).
Old 04-10-2015, 09:22 AM   #18102
Suicunes

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corbic View Post
Gross.

Spray it down with a $8 can of Krylon.

Honestly they shouldn't complain about stainless still or the color. Factory exhausts are silver and shiny. I suspect those "Noir" exhausts are painted because they are mild steel (cheaper than stainless).
Sadly, law enforcement can be a tad ridiculous where I live, they threaten to pull my tags on this one, when its my second ticket for it, and the first got dropped by the judge. Does anybody know how low the resonator hangs down on the Isis? I'm slammed on PBM suspension and well, I had a major problem with other exhausts that I had with the resonator hanging too low and just being a hassle going over stuff and up driveways.
Old 04-10-2015, 05:10 PM   #18103
240PETER

240PETER is an unknown quantity at this point
KA Trans

How much should i pay for a ka24de tranny with 140xxx miles?
240PETER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2015, 06:03 PM   #18104
Lompang
Leaky Injector

Lompang is an unknown quantity at this point
Was trying to wire a stereo in and after finishing my tail lights do not light on, only brake lights do. Turn signals do not work as well for both front and back. Hazards work for front only, but not rear. Not to mention the fuel gauge also decided to just not work anymore. What went wrong? I didn't rip any wires from installing the radio that wasn't already gone and I already checked ALL fuses related to these problems with none blown. Bulbs are all replaced and brand new. I checked in the trunk and I found a white plug that is small has like two prongs in it, on the driver side trunk area in the hole, but no other plug to plug it in to. I checked grounds and everything seemed good and grounded fine as well. I did not see any shorts or exposed wiring to cover up. Any ideas what I could miss or have done? Wiring was done with battery unplugged as well. My problem seems weird, because my hazards work for fronts only, not the rear while the turn signals work for none at all and the tail lights as well do not light up in any mode besides brake lights. Although the dash/gauge lights do go on if I flick my headlights on.
Lompang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2015, 12:06 PM   #18105
I'm Redline
Zilvia Addict

I'm Redline is a name known to allI'm Redline is a name known to allI'm Redline is a name known to allI'm Redline is a name known to allI'm Redline is a name known to allI'm Redline is a name known to allI'm Redline is a name known to allI'm Redline is a name known to allI'm Redline is a name known to allI'm Redline is a name known to allI'm Redline is a name known to all
Quote:
Sadly, law enforcement can be a tad ridiculous where I live, they threaten to pull my tags on this one, when its my second ticket for it, and the first got dropped by the judge. Does anybody know how low the resonator hangs down on the Isis? I'm slammed on PBM suspension and well, I had a major problem with other exhausts that I had with the resonator hanging too low and just being a hassle going over stuff and up driveways.
Sadly, any non exhaust temp paint will burn right off or turn black. Get a green pad and LIGHTLY scuff the can so it appears 'stock'.

AND STOP taking advice from motherfuckers who try to do cheap bullshit that doesn't work, ad for those of you telling someone else to do stupid shit that you KNOW ain't gonna work, STOP.

If you want a good, non resonated system, you are going to pay for it one way or the other. OBX-R makes a super 2.5" SS system for the 240 that sounds great. Good low mellow idle, and when you really get on it, it opens up and sounds good. You can even custom order your own cans from them as well if you order by phone. The other way is to find a local shop that has the skills and mandrels, and can bend up a larger diameter OE system for you that will tuck nice and high.

The other option is to find a good OE system, then simply replace the muffler with a dual exit one off of Amazon for <$30, scuff the can and roll out
Old 04-11-2015, 12:15 PM   #18106
Suicunes

Quote:
Originally Posted by I'm Redline View Post
Sadly, any non exhaust temp paint will burn right off or turn black. Get a green pad and LIGHTLY scuff the can so it appears 'stock'.

AND STOP taking advice from motherfuckers who try to do cheap bullshit that doesn't work, ad for those of you telling someone else to do stupid shit that you KNOW ain't gonna work, STOP.

If you want a good, non resonated system, you are going to pay for it one way or the other. OBX-R makes a super 2.5" SS system for the 240 that sounds great. Good low mellow idle, and when you really get on it, it opens up and sounds good. You can even custom order your own cans from them as well if you order by phone. The other way is to find a local shop that has the skills and mandrels, and can bend up a larger diameter OE system for you that will tuck nice and high.

The other option is to find a good OE system, then simply replace the muffler with a dual exit one off of Amazon for <$30, scuff the can and roll out
I'm going to call my local shop that does exhaust work on Monday and see if they do custom work, because then I'd just get a vibrant resonator and muffler and so a 2.5" mandrel bent. I've been looking at the HKS Sport a lot and I'm thinking about going that route. Anybody with experience with the HKS Sport E-1 tip?
Old 04-11-2015, 06:37 PM   #18107
ukrainekid
Leaky Injector

Trader Rating: (5)
ukrainekid has a little shameless behavior in the past
Feedback Score: 5 reviews
S13 Cooling panel

Can anyone direct to somewhere I buy a Garage Defend/Style S13 Carbon Fiber Cooling Panel???? LMK Thanks
ukrainekid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2015, 08:06 PM   #18108
Lompang
Leaky Injector

Lompang is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lompang View Post
Was trying to wire a stereo in and after finishing my tail lights do not light on, only brake lights do. Turn signals do not work as well for both front and back. Hazards work for front only, but not rear. Not to mention the fuel gauge also decided to just not work anymore. What went wrong? I didn't rip any wires from installing the radio that wasn't already gone and I already checked ALL fuses related to these problems with none blown. Bulbs are all replaced and brand new. I checked in the trunk and I found a white plug that is small has like two prongs in it, on the driver side trunk area in the hole, but no other plug to plug it in to. I checked grounds and everything seemed good and grounded fine as well. I did not see any shorts or exposed wiring to cover up. Any ideas what I could miss or have done? Wiring was done with battery unplugged as well. My problem seems weird, because my hazards work for fronts only, not the rear while the turn signals work for none at all and the tail lights as well do not light up in any mode besides brake lights. Although the dash/gauge lights do go on if I flick my headlights on.
If anyone has this problem I just fixed it. I just recommend you going around covering exposed wires with electrical tape, radio area, and trunk. I also checked my fuses again and found that one fuse was 20 amps when it was supposed to be 7.5 amps, so I also replaced that. Took off the steering column plastic and found nothing wrong with switches so that ruled it out for me. Had a new turn signal socket assembly for light installed for right side front as well. Now everything works right as well as my fuel gauge sensor. Cheers!
Lompang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2015, 08:52 PM   #18109
Agent S14
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (3)
Agent S14 is making a name for him/her selfAgent S14 is making a name for him/her self
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
Can anyone recommend me some good turbo lines kit (water and oil)for a rb25det all I find are junk ebay ones
Agent S14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2015, 09:22 PM   #18110
5280VertDET
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (14)
5280VertDET is a glorious beacon of light5280VertDET is a glorious beacon of light5280VertDET is a glorious beacon of light5280VertDET is a glorious beacon of light5280VertDET is a glorious beacon of light5280VertDET is a glorious beacon of light5280VertDET is a glorious beacon of light5280VertDET is a glorious beacon of light5280VertDET is a glorious beacon of light5280VertDET is a glorious beacon of light5280VertDET is a glorious beacon of light
Feedback Score: 14 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Agent S14 View Post
Can anyone recommend me some good turbo lines kit (water and oil)for a rb25det all I find are junk ebay ones
http://shopping.kinugawaturbo.com/tu...erlinekit.aspx
Old 04-14-2015, 12:37 AM   #18111
jyjchoi

jyjchoi is an unknown quantity at this point
http://vancouver.craigslist.ca/pml/pts/4976301901.html anybody know if these r real. I really can't tell after searching around the web between fakes vs real
jyjchoi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2015, 01:19 AM   #18112
dorkidori_s13
ITS LISA'S FAULT!!!

Trader Rating: (41)
dorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 41 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by jyjchoi View Post
http://vancouver.craigslist.ca/pml/pts/4976301901.html anybody know if these r real. I really can't tell after searching around the web between fakes vs real
not for $375 theyre not! real gais/stradia seat sets dont got for anything less than usually $1800-$2000

Check out my IG for what I'm up to! DORKIDORI INSTAGRAM!!!
dorkidori_s13 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2015, 04:38 AM   #18113
Corbic
Post Whore!

Small Questions Thread (SEARCH FIRST! Use this instead of making NEW threads)

Quote:
Originally Posted by dorkidori_s13 View Post
not for $375 theyre not! real gais/stradia seat sets dont got for anything less than usually $1800-$2000

Bingo.

$375 is a good price for the knock offs.

Last edited by Corbic; 04-14-2015 at 05:56 AM..
Old 04-14-2015, 05:57 AM   #18114
Corbic
Post Whore!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Agent S14 View Post

Jegs
Summit Racing
Old 04-14-2015, 09:44 AM   #18115
simmode1
Post Whore!

simmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfection
Send a message via Yahoo to simmode1
Hey, guys... I got an overfender mounting question: A month or 2 ago, I saw an article on the illest/hellaflush site covering a show in Japan. They had a few Silvias at that show that they cited as having 'rivetless overfenders'. Do any of you guys know anything about a technique that will let to mount overfenders without rivets? Or was it the same thing as 'molded' overfenders?
Quote:
Can’t wait to see this finished. Everyone in Osaka / Kobe / Okayama / Hiroshima rocking the smooth rear overfenders. No Rivets big in 2015!
Old 04-14-2015, 09:48 AM   #18116
omgRWDgoodness!
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (48)
omgRWDgoodness! is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 48 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by omgRWDgoodness! View Post
Need someone with an '89 or '90 S13 that has power options to check for this capped-off connector in the engine bay opening right next to the battery tray. I borrowed a picture from NICOclub (forgive me) for reference. I've seen this before on '91+ cars but can't find it on my '89. Any help would be appreciated.

Quoting for attention before I just make a new thread. Seriously, someone with an '89 or '90 just go look in your fu***** engine bay please.
Old 04-14-2015, 09:52 AM   #18117
simmode1
Post Whore!

simmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfection
Send a message via Yahoo to simmode1
Another Rivetless Overfender setup... What's up with this, guys? Are they just molded fenders or something new?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hellaflush
Another S15 opting for smooth fenders. Rivets are out for 2015! Although Ill have to have some one my cars.
Old 04-14-2015, 09:55 AM   #18118
Corbic
Post Whore!

Small Questions Thread (SEARCH FIRST! Use this instead of making NEW threads)

Quote:
Originally Posted by simmode1 View Post
Hey, guys... I got an overfender mounting question: A month or 2 ago, I saw an article on the illest/hellaflush site covering a show in Japan. They had a few Silvias at that show that they cited as having 'rivetless overfenders'. Do any of you guys know anything about a technique that will let to mount overfenders without rivets? Or was it the same thing as 'molded' overfenders?

Adhesive.

Fenders look like they fit flush to the window line so it's likely he won't actually "mold them in" using glass and Filler.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-uaLHT8bj7w
Old 04-14-2015, 10:01 AM   #18119
lewisfk
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (13)
lewisfk has a reputation beyond reputelewisfk has a reputation beyond reputelewisfk has a reputation beyond reputelewisfk has a reputation beyond reputelewisfk has a reputation beyond reputelewisfk has a reputation beyond reputelewisfk has a reputation beyond reputelewisfk has a reputation beyond reputelewisfk has a reputation beyond reputelewisfk has a reputation beyond reputelewisfk has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 13 reviews
Anyone have complete S13 /sr20 FSM, DISC / DIGITAL COPY!
lewisfk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2015, 11:16 AM   #18120
Corbic
Post Whore!

Quote:
Originally Posted by lewisfk View Post
Anyone have complete S13 /sr20 FSM, DISC / DIGITAL COPY!

There is no English S13 SR20 FSM.

There is only a CA18DET and 240SX release.