Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > Local / Regional / National > USA > South Western States

South Western States Arizona, California, Hawaii, and Nevada.

Old 04-06-2008, 02:40 PM   #151
DreamN
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (54)
DreamN is close to perfectionDreamN is close to perfectionDreamN is close to perfectionDreamN is close to perfectionDreamN is close to perfectionDreamN is close to perfectionDreamN is close to perfectionDreamN is close to perfectionDreamN is close to perfectionDreamN is close to perfectionDreamN is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 54 reviews
Another thing that seemed odd, why were autocrossers charged $55 rather than the $50 mentioned in the original post? I mean damn I could have bought to more tickets and maybe won something lol

Wanted:

TBD

For Sale:
TBD
DreamN is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 04-06-2008, 03:36 PM   #152
kornaz
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (1)
kornaz is close to perfectionkornaz is close to perfectionkornaz is close to perfectionkornaz is close to perfectionkornaz is close to perfectionkornaz is close to perfectionkornaz is close to perfectionkornaz is close to perfectionkornaz is close to perfectionkornaz is close to perfectionkornaz is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Send a message via AIM to kornaz Send a message via Yahoo to kornaz
Good thing i didn't go. Any pics from it?
The best engine in the world is the vagina, it takes any size piston, its self lubricating, starts with 1 finger, and every 4 weeks does its own oil change. It's just a pity the management system is so fucking temperamental.
kornaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2008, 03:41 PM   #153
DreamN
Post Whore!

DreamN is close to perfectionDreamN is close to perfectionDreamN is close to perfectionDreamN is close to perfectionDreamN is close to perfectionDreamN is close to perfectionDreamN is close to perfectionDreamN is close to perfectionDreamN is close to perfectionDreamN is close to perfectionDreamN is close to perfection
Yeah, check out the other thread. http://www.zilvia.net/f/showthread.p...12#post1946312. It was really only worth it if you autocrossed. Had a blast on the course. Then too let the car cool down I'd talk with friends and walked around. The no food or drink rule was a major joykiller from the get go. It sucked having to walk outside again just to munch on my peanuts and get water.

Mark, dude they were allowing passengers. I found out towards the end. Would have been great to have you in the car giving me advice.

Wanted:

TBD

For Sale:
TBD
Old 04-06-2008, 04:03 PM   #154
kornaz
Zilvia Addict

kornaz is close to perfectionkornaz is close to perfectionkornaz is close to perfectionkornaz is close to perfectionkornaz is close to perfectionkornaz is close to perfectionkornaz is close to perfectionkornaz is close to perfectionkornaz is close to perfectionkornaz is close to perfectionkornaz is close to perfection
Send a message via AIM to kornaz Send a message via Yahoo to kornaz
Cool cool. Saw those. Seems like it was not that crowded. Let's hope next year/event will be way better.
The best engine in the world is the vagina, it takes any size piston, its self lubricating, starts with 1 finger, and every 4 weeks does its own oil change. It's just a pity the management system is so fucking temperamental.
kornaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2008, 04:08 PM   #155
cfrost
Zilvia Addict

cfrost is close to perfectioncfrost is close to perfectioncfrost is close to perfectioncfrost is close to perfectioncfrost is close to perfectioncfrost is close to perfectioncfrost is close to perfectioncfrost is close to perfectioncfrost is close to perfectioncfrost is close to perfectioncfrost is close to perfection
Send a message via AIM to cfrost
so I was towing my car with a friend's (very very big) truck and of course had to go through the security check thing, which they made me pop the hood for (of the truck.... but not the s13.. weird) and they couldn't figure out how to get it open

so.... jokes on them. they can't find the damn tab thing at eye level

and i found half of a bag of fritos in the back of the truck.. TAKE THAT!
Old 04-06-2008, 04:14 PM   #156
DreamN
Post Whore!

Quote:
Originally Posted by kornaz View Post
Cool cool. Saw those. Seems like it was not that crowded. Let's hope next year/event will be way better.
As long as it's not at the same place it'll be cool. Something similar to Greddy's event would be nice.

Wanted:

TBD

For Sale:
TBD
Old 04-06-2008, 04:28 PM   #157
racepar1
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (106)
racepar1 is close to perfectionracepar1 is close to perfectionracepar1 is close to perfectionracepar1 is close to perfectionracepar1 is close to perfectionracepar1 is close to perfectionracepar1 is close to perfectionracepar1 is close to perfectionracepar1 is close to perfectionracepar1 is close to perfectionracepar1 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 106 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by kornaz View Post
I took most of those pics at like 8:00AM before anybody was even set-up. I had fun, I don't know why everyone is hating so bad. It seems the only ones bitching are the pansies that were too cool to autocross! Ya the security was wack, but other than that it was good. I liked it better since it was not crowded. If there was more people I probably would have just hidden in the autocross area the whole time, I HATE crowds! And yes I did win a set of hankook tires and a set of five:ad wheels. I really don't see anything I can use from them though. I will probably have a set of 18x8.5 +20 5-lug wheels to sell soon!
racepar1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2008, 04:32 PM   #158
DreamN
Post Whore!

^ I saw the catalog and those are the only ones that are worth getting. $200 for them right now!

Wanted:

TBD

For Sale:
TBD
Old 04-06-2008, 05:20 PM   #159
zilvia_brothers
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (7)
zilvia_brothers is close to perfectionzilvia_brothers is close to perfectionzilvia_brothers is close to perfectionzilvia_brothers is close to perfectionzilvia_brothers is close to perfectionzilvia_brothers is close to perfectionzilvia_brothers is close to perfectionzilvia_brothers is close to perfectionzilvia_brothers is close to perfectionzilvia_brothers is close to perfectionzilvia_brothers is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 7 reviews
Send a message via AIM to zilvia_brothers
Quote:
Originally Posted by racepar1 View Post
I took most of those pics at like 8:00AM before anybody was even set-up. I had fun, I don't know why everyone is hating so bad. It seems the only ones bitching are the pansies that were too cool to autocross! Ya the security was wack, but other than that it was good. I liked it better since it was not crowded. If there was more people I probably would have just hidden in the autocross area the whole time, I HATE crowds! And yes I did win a set of hankook tires and a set of five:ad wheels. I really don't see anything I can use from them though. I will probably have a set of 18x8.5 +20 5-lug wheels to sell soon!
congrats on winning on the set of tires of rims...i remember both of us were complaining that we couldnt win anything until i came up on those front and rear anti sway bars and the sun auto shift knob...i still cant believe he wouldnt give it to me at 1st
Old 04-06-2008, 05:27 PM   #160
DreamN
Post Whore!

^ I'll give you $50 for the sways

Wanted:

TBD

For Sale:
TBD
Old 04-06-2008, 05:38 PM   #161
racepar1
Post Whore!

racepar1 is close to perfectionracepar1 is close to perfectionracepar1 is close to perfectionracepar1 is close to perfectionracepar1 is close to perfectionracepar1 is close to perfectionracepar1 is close to perfectionracepar1 is close to perfectionracepar1 is close to perfectionracepar1 is close to perfectionracepar1 is close to perfection
Quote:
Originally Posted by zilvia_brothers View Post
congrats on winning on the set of tires of rims...i remember both of us were complaining that we couldnt win anything until i came up on those front and rear anti sway bars and the sun auto shift knob...i still cant believe he wouldnt give it to me at 1st
That was bullshit when the guy tried to give you a crappy t-shirt instead because you didn't own a z33. What WAS really bullshit was the chubby asian guy who had like a crapload of tickets! That fucking guy must have won like 10 items! He even won the same prize twice! The funny thing is though is that he didn't win any of the really good stuff! LOL! SUCKA!
Old 04-06-2008, 05:44 PM   #162
zilvia_brothers
Zilvia Addict

zilvia_brothers is close to perfectionzilvia_brothers is close to perfectionzilvia_brothers is close to perfectionzilvia_brothers is close to perfectionzilvia_brothers is close to perfectionzilvia_brothers is close to perfectionzilvia_brothers is close to perfectionzilvia_brothers is close to perfectionzilvia_brothers is close to perfectionzilvia_brothers is close to perfectionzilvia_brothers is close to perfection
Quote:
Originally Posted by DreamN View Post
^ I'll give you $50 for the sways
DEAL! lol jk oh yea jimbo i still have ur lanyards that u left in my car

Quote:
That was bullshit when the guy tried to give you a crappy t-shirt instead because you didn't own a z33. What WAS really bullshit was the chubby asian guy who had like a crapload of tickets! That fucking guy must have won like 10 items! He even won the same prize twice! The funny thing is though is that he didn't win any of the really good stuff! LOL! SUCKA!
yea man i was getting annoyed cuz this guy kept winning. he had like a whole roll of tickets with him but it was good he won the little prizes

so was there any good rims from that one company?
Old 04-06-2008, 05:47 PM   #163
DreamN
Post Whore!

chris, yeah no worries on the lanyards. Just wanted to get more of everything for everyone who didn't go. So hopefully I got enough nismo wrist things for the 818 guys.

Wanted:

TBD

For Sale:
TBD
Old 04-06-2008, 05:49 PM   #164
zilvia_brothers
Zilvia Addict

Quote:
chris, yeah no worries on the lanyards. Just wanted to get more of everything for everyone who didn't go. So hopefully I got enough nismo wrist things for the 818 guys.
i think u should have just gotten a big bag and filled it up with wristbands and lanyards lol
Old 04-06-2008, 06:06 PM   #165
DreamN
Post Whore!

dude, I wanted too! you have no idea how tempted I was just to go to every both and get bags filled of free shit. I <3 free so much! lol

Wanted:

TBD

For Sale:
TBD
Old 04-06-2008, 06:21 PM   #166
racepar1
Post Whore!

Quote:
so was there any good rims from that one company?
There is one set that isn't bad. They're 18x8.5 +20 offset, but they're 5-lug. So unless they can make a 4-lug set for me I'll have some wheels to sell soon! Other than that the best offset they had was +35 and the widest size was 7.5". I'm going to try to talk hankook into giving me some od their DOT r-compounds! For sure I can get r-s2's out of the deal! I really need street wheels though so I can use REAL track tires, so it's a bummer that there are no good wheels for me from that company.
Old 04-06-2008, 09:41 PM   #167
touge dreamer
Leaky Injector

Trader Rating: (0)
touge dreamer is just really nicetouge dreamer is just really nicetouge dreamer is just really nicetouge dreamer is just really nicetouge dreamer is just really nicetouge dreamer is just really nicetouge dreamer is just really nicetouge dreamer is just really nicetouge dreamer is just really nice
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eddie@Performance View Post
I must admit, as even the vendor responsible for this event i wasnt even able to sneak in water or any food, nobody was able too. Those security guys were absolute pricks, they were not hired by us, they are part of the Orange Show security Staff and i almost wanted to throw them out. I can tell you to say the least that is the last time we are having a venue there. I got practically a cavity search getting in, and the most absurd part is we're the ones running the show. We apologize to those that came, we hope our future venues are not as bad as a hassle as this one.

It was great that you put together many vendors but the turnout of people wasn't anywhere near what it should have been. Promote this kind of event much sooner and have it somewhere else that is more central for others to come. Next time it should be much better.
Old 04-06-2008, 10:51 PM   #168
Eddie@Performance
Zilvia.net Advertiser

Trader Rating: (6)
Eddie@Performance is making a name for him/her selfEddie@Performance is making a name for him/her self
Feedback Score: 6 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Eddie@Performance
Quote:
It was worth it for me seeing as I was autocrossing, but the rest of the thing was kinda blah. Dude, racepar1 won ventus or falken tires plus wheels for $4! FUCKIN AYE!!!

The guys doing the raffle didn't mix those tickets well enough. Same ppl kept winning over and over again. That was so lame!
It was mixed multiple times, there were quite a few people who bought like 20-30 raffle tickets to increase their chances of winning,nothing we can do about that...
Duarte, CA 91010
Where the 210 & 605 Freeways meet, Buena Vista Exit!

My Garage:
1990 Nissan 300ZX Twin-Turbo (modded weekend car)
2008 Suzuki GSX-R750 (Race/Weekend bike)
2003 Toyota 4Runner V8 Limited (Daily stock and boring)
2002 Honda VFR800 Interceptor V-TEC (Sport Touring Bike)
Eddie@Performance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2008, 10:55 PM   #169
Eddie@Performance
Zilvia.net Advertiser

Trader Rating: (6)
Eddie@Performance is making a name for him/her selfEddie@Performance is making a name for him/her self
Feedback Score: 6 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Eddie@Performance
Quote:
Originally Posted by touge dreamer View Post
It was great that you put together many vendors but the turnout of people wasn't anywhere near what it should have been. Promote this kind of event much sooner and have it somewhere else that is more central for others to come. Next time it should be much better.
We would like to throw out another event but it is getting very hard to find spots to rent, since most of the places we contacted said we won't let us do venues like that anymore because of what happen with some other time etc... Take for example, we wanted to use the El Toro air field, but something that happened at the Greddy festival left a bad taste in their mouths so they wouldnt let us use that space. Irwindale was charging crazy amounts to rent their space and there was alot of restrictions. Maybe next time we'll get some suggestion by the board members for the next meet.
Duarte, CA 91010
Where the 210 & 605 Freeways meet, Buena Vista Exit!

My Garage:
1990 Nissan 300ZX Twin-Turbo (modded weekend car)
2008 Suzuki GSX-R750 (Race/Weekend bike)
2003 Toyota 4Runner V8 Limited (Daily stock and boring)
2002 Honda VFR800 Interceptor V-TEC (Sport Touring Bike)
Eddie@Performance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2008, 11:33 PM   #170
s14_legend
Zilvia FREAK!

s14_legend is close to perfections14_legend is close to perfections14_legend is close to perfections14_legend is close to perfections14_legend is close to perfections14_legend is close to perfections14_legend is close to perfections14_legend is close to perfections14_legend is close to perfections14_legend is close to perfections14_legend is close to perfection
yeah better location next time would be great...that place just sucked balls
s14_legend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2008, 12:04 AM   #171
hustlervibes
Banned from the Marketplace

hustlervibes is close to perfectionhustlervibes is close to perfectionhustlervibes is close to perfectionhustlervibes is close to perfectionhustlervibes is close to perfectionhustlervibes is close to perfectionhustlervibes is close to perfectionhustlervibes is close to perfectionhustlervibes is close to perfectionhustlervibes is close to perfectionhustlervibes is close to perfection
Send a message via AIM to hustlervibes
Quote:
Yeah, check out the other thread. http://www.zilvia.net/f/showthread.p...12#post1946312. It was really only worth it if you autocrossed. Had a blast on the course. Then too let the car cool down I'd talk with friends and walked around. The no food or drink rule was a major joykiller from the get go. It sucked having to walk outside again just to munch on my peanuts and get water.

Mark, dude they were allowing passengers. I found out towards the end. Would have been great to have you in the car giving me advice.
Damn, oh wells.

Quote:
They really had to do something about that winning. It was retarded.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eddie@Performance View Post
It was mixed multiple times, there were quite a few people who bought like 20-30 raffle tickets to increase their chances of winning,nothing we can do about that...
It wasn't mixed well enough obviously. The two people who bought tickets I noticed RIGHT before the raffle won around 4/7 times. One of whom was my friend Nat. There was a box or bag going straight up and down to "mix" with the brand new ones at the top being grabbed most of the time rather than sifting though them it seemed. And whats with grabbing the 240 tickets for Z items and vice versa? Needs to be a little more organized next time.
hustlervibes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2008, 12:07 AM   #172
s14_legend
Zilvia FREAK!

s14_legend is close to perfections14_legend is close to perfections14_legend is close to perfections14_legend is close to perfections14_legend is close to perfections14_legend is close to perfections14_legend is close to perfections14_legend is close to perfections14_legend is close to perfections14_legend is close to perfections14_legend is close to perfection
yeah needs more entertainment next time ...wet t-shirt contest or something lol
Old 04-07-2008, 12:26 AM   #173
racepar1
Post Whore!

Quote:
Originally Posted by hustlervibes View Post
It wasn't mixed well enough obviously. The two people who bought tickets I noticed RIGHT before the raffle won around 4/7 times. One of whom was my friend Nat. There was a box or bag going straight up and down to "mix" with the brand new ones at the top being grabbed most of the time rather than sifting though them it seemed. And whats with grabbing the 240 tickets for Z items and vice versa? Needs to be a little more organized next time.
I tend to agree with you here. And what the hell was with the complete lack of almost any 240 parts at all? I mean like 3/4 of the cars there were 240's and they gave out like maybe 2 parts that would fit an s-14 and none that I saw that would fit an s-13. The vendors didn't even bring any s-13 parts with them! I wanted to buy a rad cooling panel for my s-13 front end (at a discounted rate of course) but all anybody had was s-14 or z-32 or 33!
Old 04-07-2008, 12:31 AM   #174
hustlervibes
Banned from the Marketplace

hustlervibes is close to perfectionhustlervibes is close to perfectionhustlervibes is close to perfectionhustlervibes is close to perfectionhustlervibes is close to perfectionhustlervibes is close to perfectionhustlervibes is close to perfectionhustlervibes is close to perfectionhustlervibes is close to perfectionhustlervibes is close to perfectionhustlervibes is close to perfection
Send a message via AIM to hustlervibes
Quote:
I tend to agree with you here. And what the hell was with the complete lack of almost any 240 parts at all? I mean like 3/4 of the cars there were 240's and they gave out like maybe 2 parts that would fit an s-14 and none that I saw that would fit an s-13. The vendors didn't even bring any s-13 parts with them! I wanted to buy a rad cooling panel for my s-13 front end (at a discounted rate of course) but all anybody had was s-14 or z-32 or 33!
Cusco had a COUPLE S13 things, that weren't on display and in the truck. Thats about it though.
hustlervibes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2008, 01:44 AM   #175
DreamN
Post Whore!

At least I found out what strut bar I'm getting from the cusco guys Type MT suckas! Gangstah ish!

Wanted:

TBD

For Sale:
TBD
Old 04-07-2008, 01:48 AM   #176
DALAZ_68
not giving a fuck

Trader Rating: (104)
DALAZ_68 is close to perfectionDALAZ_68 is close to perfectionDALAZ_68 is close to perfectionDALAZ_68 is close to perfectionDALAZ_68 is close to perfectionDALAZ_68 is close to perfectionDALAZ_68 is close to perfectionDALAZ_68 is close to perfectionDALAZ_68 is close to perfectionDALAZ_68 is close to perfectionDALAZ_68 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 104 reviews
Send a message via AIM to DALAZ_68 Send a message via Yahoo to DALAZ_68
all in all im happy i didnt spend the gas....hopefully the next time around it will be better organized...and im more than willing ot help out in the event if help is needed

CLUB LEXUS : Wh0pp3r
DALAZ_68 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2008, 01:52 AM   #177
DreamN
Post Whore!

autocrossers were happy I'll tell you that

Wanted:

TBD

For Sale:
TBD
Old 04-07-2008, 01:58 AM   #178
DALAZ_68
not giving a fuck

Trader Rating: (104)
DALAZ_68 is close to perfectionDALAZ_68 is close to perfectionDALAZ_68 is close to perfectionDALAZ_68 is close to perfectionDALAZ_68 is close to perfectionDALAZ_68 is close to perfectionDALAZ_68 is close to perfectionDALAZ_68 is close to perfectionDALAZ_68 is close to perfectionDALAZ_68 is close to perfectionDALAZ_68 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 104 reviews
Send a message via AIM to DALAZ_68 Send a message via Yahoo to DALAZ_68
Quote:
autocrossers were happy I'll tell you that
so i herd...soon as i get a noggin protecter...it me and u running times bitch...we'll even trade cars on some runs

CLUB LEXUS : Wh0pp3r
DALAZ_68 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2008, 02:22 AM   #179
DreamN
Post Whore!

Your freakin' doesn't move damn it! Definitely i'm down. I gotta tweak my suspension and get my car running 100%

Wanted:

TBD

For Sale:
TBD
Old 04-07-2008, 09:31 AM   #180
s14_legend
Zilvia FREAK!

you had some pretty good runs in...i would've ran if they didnt have those stupid bumps