Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Tech Talk > S Chassis

S Chassis Technical discussion related to the S Chassis such as the S12, S13, S14, and S15.

Old 11-04-2009, 01:49 PM   #151
punxva
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (31)
punxva is close to perfectionpunxva is close to perfectionpunxva is close to perfectionpunxva is close to perfectionpunxva is close to perfectionpunxva is close to perfectionpunxva is close to perfectionpunxva is close to perfectionpunxva is close to perfectionpunxva is close to perfectionpunxva is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 31 reviews
Send a message via AIM to punxva
well props to you man, looks great.
not sure if you realize this

but when you knockup that skanky drunk sea donkey, you're gonna have to listen to her shit for the rest of your life

age 33 and you dont know your ass from your elbow

punxva is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 11-06-2009, 06:36 AM   #152
EchaKqulo
Leaky Injector

Trader Rating: (0)
EchaKqulo is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by hpipro4 View Post

yea i had to cut, de-pinned, soldered n re-pinned. took out the entire harness separated everything and labeled this and that where i cut em....time and patient my friend...
How or what kind of tool did you use to de-pin the connectors? I have tried with several glasses' screw drivers but have not been able to.
EchaKqulo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2009, 06:47 AM   #153
nsn240
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (1)
nsn240 is on a distinguished road
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Send a message via AIM to nsn240
I didn't read through this whole thing...

But i'm redoing the wiring in my hatch... pulled all the harnesses and worked backwards from the component into the harness - then depinned or cut it out. Eliminated all the popups/ac/auto trans/fog etc etc, only wires running up front are lights/horn/fan, everything thats left fits into one factory fuse box inside. Also ran my fuel pump, fan and defi's to fuses that were freed up in that box

Pulled all the seatbelts, A/T. A/C etc from the chassis harness. Goal was to pretty much shrink the factory wiring as much as possible without doing a full rewire from scratch

Been thinking about making a thread but im lazy

edit: read everything, good info.

Last edited by nsn240; 11-06-2009 at 07:32 AM..
nsn240 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2009, 09:06 AM   #154
GSXRJJordan
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (19)
GSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 19 reviews
Send a message via AIM to GSXRJJordan
Quote:
Originally Posted by EchaKqulo View Post
How or what kind of tool did you use to de-pin the connectors? I have tried with several glasses' screw drivers but have not been able to.
Most of the time, this is what I use ~

- Harbor Freight Tools - Quality Tools at the Lowest Prices

$2, I buy their whole stock whenever I go lol.

Jordan Innovations has a new web site!
www.JordanInnovations.com -- All your favorite FD Pro Drifters love it, trust me -- www.JordanInnovations.com
GSXRJJordan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2009, 09:09 AM   #155
hpipro4
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (71)
hpipro4 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 71 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by EchaKqulo View Post
same stuff i use...works for me!
hpipro4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2009, 08:24 AM   #156
EchaKqulo
Leaky Injector

EchaKqulo is an unknown quantity at this point
Thanks so much guys i'll give it try....
EchaKqulo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2009, 12:24 AM   #157
Gorilla Unit 33
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (3)
Gorilla Unit 33 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
Hpipro4 hope your not butt hurt over me sharing information about my tuck in your thread anymore but thought id come back and show you the final product of mine. It should be finished and running on the road in two days.

Gorilla Unit 33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2009, 01:30 AM   #158
hpipro4
Zilvia FREAK!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gorilla Unit 33 View Post
Hpipro4 hope your not butt hurt over me sharing information about my tuck in your thread anymore but thought id come back and show you the final product of mine. It should be finished and running on the road in two days.

haha..no im not!!!clean bay mr.

what header are you using?
Old 11-23-2009, 01:38 AM   #159
Wake
Premium Member

Trader Rating: (8)
Wake has much to be proud ofWake has much to be proud ofWake has much to be proud ofWake has much to be proud ofWake has much to be proud ofWake has much to be proud ofWake has much to be proud ofWake has much to be proud ofWake has much to be proud ofWake has much to be proud ofWake has much to be proud of
Feedback Score: 8 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Wake Send a message via Yahoo to Wake
both you sirs are redonkulous.

All I have done with harnesses so far is rip em out LOL
S.P.P.S. Member #00
**CoUpe LOve** Member #00
Wake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2009, 02:09 AM   #160
Gorilla Unit 33
Zilvia Junkie

Gorilla Unit 33 is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by hpipro4 View Post
haha..no im not!!!clean bay mr.

what header are you using?
I was able to hunt down a brand new still in the wrapping Hot Shot header, that hasnt been made for a couple (maybe 3 or 4) years now, with the Jet coating option aswell. I was totally happy about that, because im not a fan of most other header options out there for the KA no a days.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WakeBHR View Post
both you sirs are redonkulous.

All I have done with harnesses so far is rip em out LOL
LOL anything can be done with dedication and time.

One more pic so you can see both sides of the motor. Everything is plugged up!

Gorilla Unit 33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2009, 10:38 AM   #161
2Fass240us

Trader Rating: (4)
2Fass240us is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 4 reviews
Nice tuck/clean-up!

I did one on my S13 track car, but am having to go back and re-do everything to try to get the car legal. The single biggest wiring saver is those damned pop-up lights. If you go Silvia front or another fixed light, you can save a ton. A/C is another huge one, but some people can't do without it.

+1 on the coolant reservoir mounting. I mounted mine as pictured below and never had a single problem.

Mine isn't as bling as yours though, but you can't beat a $20 part.
2Fass240us is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2009, 10:44 AM   #162
GSXRJJordan
Post Whore!

GSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfection
You know what I really miss?

Having clean/straight OEM hardlines for brake and clutch.

I bought new ones from Ray @ WestCo Nissan and still had to bend them since my huge -6an fuel filter sits right where they 'angle down' on the pass side of the firewall. I'm debating just tucking them all inside the car now.

www.JordanInnovations.com -- All your favorite FD Pro Drifters love it, trust me -- www.JordanInnovations.com
Old 11-24-2009, 01:50 AM   #163
Wake
Premium Member

Wake has much to be proud ofWake has much to be proud ofWake has much to be proud ofWake has much to be proud ofWake has much to be proud ofWake has much to be proud ofWake has much to be proud ofWake has much to be proud ofWake has much to be proud ofWake has much to be proud ofWake has much to be proud of
Send a message via AIM to Wake Send a message via Yahoo to Wake
I have actually been considering remaking and running all my own hardlines after seeing how nissan routed them.

I now have a whole nother cars worth of wiring harnesses since i just stripped and junked another s13.

I cant wait until I move to a bigger facility and Im a little bit more comfortable spreading out and labeling everything.
S.P.P.S. Member #00
**CoUpe LOve** Member #00
Wake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2009, 10:16 AM   #164
GSXRJJordan
Post Whore!

^^^ Yeah, I bought new hardlines last night and bent them up. Took forever, but looks pretty rad. Stock clutch line still, need to get that straightened out to match.

Old 02-05-2010, 11:22 PM   #165
91es13coop
Leaky Injector

91es13coop is an unknown quantity at this point
wow this is amazing. your thread really helped me out alot. ive done a mild one on an integra but our cars are alot different than ff hondas lol but great work man just started on mine tonight while reading this whole thing. thanks for the inspiration an unknowingly GREAT help
91es13coop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2010, 04:34 PM   #166
teamsprock
Zilvia Addict

teamsprock is a jewel in the roughteamsprock is a jewel in the roughteamsprock is a jewel in the roughteamsprock is a jewel in the roughteamsprock is a jewel in the roughteamsprock is a jewel in the roughteamsprock is a jewel in the rough
I just wanted to update the progress of mine. Labeled all my unused plugs while things where installed in the car. Pulled everything out and unloomed things. Then I just started at the clips and pulled the wires and fuse/relays out of the system. Wrapped it all back up and installed it up under the dash. I was able to get to where I only have one black relay box left, it's mounted behind where a stereo would go and faces out to the passenger fender well (I have no heater, so I have tons of space).

I will get pics up once I get everything finally cleaned up. I had to make sure the car ran fine before I tucked everything and finished it off. I just want to say that if I can do it with zero patience... anybody can do it.... just lable things and use your brain a little.
teamsprock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2010, 06:42 PM   #167
Fries
Zilvia FREAK!

Fries is close to perfectionFries is close to perfectionFries is close to perfectionFries is close to perfectionFries is close to perfectionFries is close to perfectionFries is close to perfectionFries is close to perfectionFries is close to perfectionFries is close to perfectionFries is close to perfection
I'm considering doing a wire-tuck/wire elimination on the track vert. KA24DE.

Things I "need"
Ignition
Guages
Powerwindows
Taillights
Headlights
Turn signals

Anything else I'm missing?
Old 03-10-2010, 07:03 PM   #168
Tearlessj
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (6)
Tearlessj is close to perfectionTearlessj is close to perfectionTearlessj is close to perfectionTearlessj is close to perfectionTearlessj is close to perfectionTearlessj is close to perfectionTearlessj is close to perfectionTearlessj is close to perfectionTearlessj is close to perfectionTearlessj is close to perfectionTearlessj is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 6 reviews
Does anyone have any idea where I can purchase pins that will work for the factory wiring clips? I plan to redo my harness using the old connectors with new pins.
Old 03-17-2010, 11:48 PM   #169
Tearlessj
Nissanaholic!

Tearlessj is close to perfectionTearlessj is close to perfectionTearlessj is close to perfectionTearlessj is close to perfectionTearlessj is close to perfectionTearlessj is close to perfectionTearlessj is close to perfectionTearlessj is close to perfectionTearlessj is close to perfectionTearlessj is close to perfectionTearlessj is close to perfection
bump anyone?
Old 03-18-2010, 12:40 AM   #170
hpipro4
Zilvia FREAK!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tearlessj View Post
Does anyone have any idea where I can purchase pins that will work for the factory wiring clips? I plan to redo my harness using the old connectors with new pins.
you can use the old connector pins...use a mini side cutter with the point...then re-crimp n solder for added safety...thats what i did when i did mine...would be nice tho if they sell pins...maybe change out the connectors? https://www.wirecare.com/deutschdt.a...&theSeries=DTM

good luck
Old 05-31-2010, 06:18 PM   #171
D.Bo
Zilvia Member

D.Bo is an unknown quantity at this point
wat do you use to re crimp wires....or extend the wires...butt connectors or solder? wonderin cause im about to start mine soon
D.Bo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2010, 07:46 PM   #172
PerilousActs
Zilvia Junkie

PerilousActs is an unknown quantity at this point
I solder mine. Crimping is technically better (solder is uber fragile), but you have to use good crimps, not the items available at the hardware store. For most of us not doing race harnesses, soldering is probably the best way. Strip the wire the same length on both wires, lay them across each other in an X, then spin the ends around the wire. Next, heat the copper with the soldering iron and apply the solder directly to the copper and it should pull it in. That's how in a nutshell.
PerilousActs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2010, 12:43 AM   #173
hpipro4
Zilvia FREAK!

Quote:
Originally Posted by D.Bo View Post
wat do you use to re crimp wires....or extend the wires...butt connectors or solder? wonderin cause im about to start mine soon
i use nothing but my good ol' weller gun n radioshack solder.
Old 06-09-2010, 03:39 AM   #174
GSXRJJordan
Post Whore!

Quote:
Originally Posted by D.Bo View Post
Soldering (when done properly) is an electrically superior, and much more practical solution than using crimps - you have to remember that with automotive electronics, not every connection is simply carrying voltage. What I always teach is to ensure a solid mechanical connection before you apply any solder, then tin the tip of your gun/wand, apply it to the connection, and once the solder from the tip flows onto the joint apply solder to the joint itself (not the tip). The heat from the soldering tip will suck the solder through the joint, all you have to do is walk the tip up and down the joint a little bit.

I spent some considerable time tonight researching OEM Nissan connectors and their pins, and although many of the connectors are not in production anymore, I was able to find replacements for quite a few, and I believe I have replacement pins for all of them. We'll see when my shipments start rolling in next week (I had to place orders with multiple suppliers). I also got all the pins/sockets for LSx connectors, since that's a considerable part of my business nowadays.

Old 06-09-2010, 06:15 AM   #175
A54
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (40)
A54 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 40 reviews
Nice pictures...
A54 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2010, 07:58 AM   #176
gonshik007
Leaky Injector

gonshik007 is an unknown quantity at this point
wow this looks clean makes me want to do it for my rb haha but I probably will not end up doing it!
gonshik007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2010, 10:55 AM   #177
punn303
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (82)
punn303 is not welcome here anymorepunn303 is not welcome here anymorepunn303 is not welcome here anymorepunn303 is not welcome here anymorepunn303 is not welcome here anymorepunn303 is not welcome here anymorepunn303 is not welcome here anymorepunn303 is not welcome here anymorepunn303 is not welcome here anymorepunn303 is not welcome here anymore
Feedback Score: 82 reviews
any updates?
punn303 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2010, 10:09 PM   #178
hpipro4
Zilvia FREAK!

Quote:
Originally Posted by punn303 View Post
any updates?
tuck wise not really...car been running since i finish my tuck! but heres some stuff i've done...currently waiting for all my origin streamline kit to come in then some body works n paint.

rps13 garnish=jdm ego haha

stance LX+ luv em!

suspension techniques sways

PBM luv!

my clutch went out so i went with all this

finished my z33 caliper swap using stock e-brake cable

origins 20mm frts & tatakidashi 30mm rears

tatakidashi 30mm...not sure if im going to run em!

jdm visor

knock off gp 3pc wing test fit frm PDM racing
Old 09-30-2010, 11:15 AM   #179
90white240
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (4)
90white240 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 4 reviews
Nice dude your car is gonna look sepsy!
90white240 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2010, 10:56 PM   #180
hpipro4
Zilvia FREAK!

i guess ill make this as my build thread.....

went to pick n pull today and scored a 95' J30 vlsd. will transfer this inside my stock open diff pumpkin using stock 49t ring gear n 12t pinion.