Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > Local / Regional / National > USA > North Western States

North Western States Alaska, Idaho, Montana, Oregon, and Washington.

Closed Thread

Old 10-23-2012, 11:11 AM   #151
Doc KA24DE
Leaky Injector

Trader Rating: (2)
Doc KA24DE is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by 240skate View Post
Can anyone refer me to some good performance shops? I'm looking for a good place to get my SR20 swap done.
JW Sport Cars in Albany,OR does everything give James a call 541 981 9633

http://youtu.be/r9xZZ_jFZV0 this just some so the things he does
Sponsored Links
Old 10-23-2012, 11:23 AM   #152
K_style
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (63)
K_style is close to perfectionK_style is close to perfectionK_style is close to perfectionK_style is close to perfectionK_style is close to perfectionK_style is close to perfectionK_style is close to perfectionK_style is close to perfectionK_style is close to perfectionK_style is close to perfectionK_style is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 63 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Doc KA24DE View Post
JW Sports Cars in Albany,OR does everything give James a call 541 981 9633

Sil80 - JW Sport Cars - YouTube this just some so the things he does
Man that thing is "Keoki'd" out !!!! LOL

Didn't know we had a shop in Albany
Old 10-23-2012, 11:40 AM   #153
Doc KA24DE
Leaky Injector

Trader Rating: (2)
Doc KA24DE is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
should give him a call he'll probly invite over to the shop to see what hes workin on
Old 10-23-2012, 11:44 AM   #154
e1_griego
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (24)
e1_griego has a reputation beyond reputee1_griego has a reputation beyond reputee1_griego has a reputation beyond reputee1_griego has a reputation beyond reputee1_griego has a reputation beyond reputee1_griego has a reputation beyond reputee1_griego has a reputation beyond reputee1_griego has a reputation beyond reputee1_griego has a reputation beyond reputee1_griego has a reputation beyond reputee1_griego has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 24 reviews
Posi rear end, eh?....

and lol @ keeohki.
Old 10-23-2012, 03:13 PM   #155
K_style
Post Whore!

K_style is close to perfectionK_style is close to perfectionK_style is close to perfectionK_style is close to perfectionK_style is close to perfectionK_style is close to perfectionK_style is close to perfectionK_style is close to perfectionK_style is close to perfectionK_style is close to perfectionK_style is close to perfection
Quote:
Originally Posted by Doc KA24DE View Post
should give him a call he'll probly invite over to the shop to see what hes workin on

Looks like he got some nice sized shop.. Man I need to get a house with lift...

LOL

Alex, guess what I am up to? LOL I am putting 2871r in my car now.. back to bottom mount. how lame..
Old 10-23-2012, 03:29 PM   #156
e1_griego
Post Whore!

e1_griego has a reputation beyond reputee1_griego has a reputation beyond reputee1_griego has a reputation beyond reputee1_griego has a reputation beyond reputee1_griego has a reputation beyond reputee1_griego has a reputation beyond reputee1_griego has a reputation beyond reputee1_griego has a reputation beyond reputee1_griego has a reputation beyond reputee1_griego has a reputation beyond reputee1_griego has a reputation beyond repute
super lame.

Also: I TOLD YOU SO.
Old 10-23-2012, 03:38 PM   #157
ricekiller
Leaky Injector

Trader Rating: (1)
ricekiller is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
i like the guys at svperformance, i know its been mentioned on here, but they do a good job and the prices aren't over the top like some other shops i've called.
Old 10-23-2012, 03:39 PM   #158
e1_griego
Post Whore!

Yeah no thanks.

If I want mediocre garage work done I'll just do it myself :P
Old 10-23-2012, 03:44 PM   #159
ricekiller
Leaky Injector

not sure what makes you hate them lol, but ive had no problems with them whatsoever, and none of my friends can tune a car in there garage lol
Old 10-23-2012, 03:51 PM   #160
K_style
Post Whore!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ricekiller View Post
not sure what makes you hate them lol, but ive had no problems with them whatsoever, and none of my friends can tune a car in there garage lol
SV performance does not or cannot tune a car either.
Old 10-23-2012, 03:52 PM   #161
K_style
Post Whore!

Quote:
Originally Posted by e1_griego View Post
super lame.

Also: I TOLD YOU SO.
Hey I still have 2 other set up to go with.,. haha

but GT30/40 is wayyy too big for me unless I go to woodburn for drag race..

can't find 3071r good deal... dang it

Anyways I will stick with 2871r for now. I am sure I will have fun with it..
Old 10-23-2012, 03:54 PM   #162
ricekiller
Leaky Injector

^^ dude i swear man, CALL THEM UP YOURSELF
Old 10-23-2012, 04:02 PM   #163
K_style
Post Whore!

Quote:
^^ dude i swear man, CALL THEM UP YOURSELF
They don't even have a dyno machine. unless they offer "Street TUNE"
Old 10-23-2012, 04:07 PM   #164
ricekiller
Leaky Injector

things change man, either way i dont wanna argue, its best you just go to vip performance lol

one more thing about your quote... i was referring too the sr20 from the same time period as the rb20 not the sr20 from an s15 or some crap. I cant keep up with how many sr20 versions out there lol
Old 10-23-2012, 04:11 PM   #165
K_style
Post Whore!

Quote:
things change man, either way i dont wanna argue, its best you just go to vip performance lol
You started saying SV Performance now it's VIP performance?
Old 10-23-2012, 04:16 PM   #166
ricekiller
Leaky Injector

^^ nah im just saying go to vip performance, because they have a fancy shop and charge up the a-hole.
Old 10-23-2012, 04:45 PM   #167
e1_griego
Post Whore!

Yeah, SV does street tunes.

No thanks.

I have a datalogit and will mess around with it, but for tuning I'll stick to places with proper tuners and dynos. TrackForged and PSI.

Also, SV's custom flcas and other mickey-mouse susp. parts are terrifying and come apart. No r&d, just cobbling shit together.
Old 10-23-2012, 04:48 PM   #168
e1_griego
Post Whore!

Peter, 2871 is fine. Did you get .64 turbine?

Just make sure you run that trans brace and you're set.
Old 10-23-2012, 04:51 PM   #169
ricekiller
Leaky Injector

is trackforged here in salem? ive heard of them, but never actually been there...

i havent personally bought anything from svp, i just had them install my wideband 02 sensor is all.
Old 10-23-2012, 04:52 PM   #170
e1_griego
Post Whore!

Troutdale.

Install wideband = $20 at exhaust shop to have a bung welded in and then power/ground wires to run. Easy peasy.

Did you end up keeping your car? Did you get a coolant reservoir?
Old 10-23-2012, 04:55 PM   #171
ricekiller
Leaky Injector

^^ yeah thats what they charged me, yeah i got an overflow the day you said something lol. yes, i've decided to keep it and build her up slowly.
Old 10-23-2012, 05:02 PM   #172
e1_griego
Post Whore!

Sounds good.
Old 10-23-2012, 05:08 PM   #173
K_style
Post Whore!

Quote:
Peter, 2871 is fine. Did you get .64 turbine?

Just make sure you run that trans brace and you're set.
Yep its .64

Its ganna be ok for now..
Old 10-23-2012, 05:13 PM   #174
ricekiller
Leaky Injector

dyno vs street tune has been argued for awhile now, but either way is good from what ive heard anyway. A lot of people prefer the safe dyno tune, but then theres people who still want a street tune...

dyno's are trying to simulate the street lol

ive read on the evo forums, that a lot of the guys getting dyno tunes end up getting knocking when they take it out on the street, not sure this is the case with all cars, but whats your take on it alex?
Old 10-23-2012, 05:37 PM   #175
e1_griego
Post Whore!

My take on it is people shouldn't be brokedicks trying to do street tunes.

Where are you safely going to do 4th gear pulls on the street?

In an n/a car, maybe, but when you're trying to set up a 300whp turbo car, there is no way to do that safely on the street.
Old 10-23-2012, 05:54 PM   #176
ricekiller
Leaky Injector

well there are people who take cars to the track and get them tuned, obviously it isn't safe to do a 4th gear pull on the street, but people do it anyway.

a lot of pro's and cons, only cons with a street tune from what ive read, is it isn't safe, but whats that have to do with the actual tunning of the car if you tune it at a track?
Old 10-23-2012, 08:44 PM   #177
K_style
Post Whore!

Quote:
well there are people who take cars to the track and get them tuned, obviously it isn't safe to do a 4th gear pull on the street, but people do it anyway.

a lot of pro's and cons, only cons with a street tune from what ive read, is it isn't safe, but whats that have to do with the actual tunning of the car if you tune it at a track?

Well I think I can end this Dyno tune vs Street/Track Tune so called "Argument".

There is no reason to argue about it.

Ricekiller, have you ever owned either Dyno Tuned or Street/Track tuned car?
If not, then you are in no position to speak here to say weather this or that.

What kind of dumb motherfu*ker tunes their car @ track? Why on earth take the car to track to begin with if it is not tuned? Do you want to blow your motor?

Regardless of safety, you simply cannot tune your car on street/track as good as on dyno.

That's all I gotta say

Last edited by K_style; 10-24-2012 at 03:49 AM..
Old 10-23-2012, 09:35 PM   #178
e1_griego
Post Whore!

Alright, you stick to street tunes, we'll stick to dyno time.
Old 10-24-2012, 03:49 AM   #179
K_style
Post Whore!

Quote:
Alright, you stick to street tunes, we'll stick to dyno time.
Sounds good.
Old 10-24-2012, 03:28 PM   #180
ricekiller
Leaky Injector

I'm not saying im getting my car dyno'd on the street, but both of you know it all's obviously know it all. Yes, ive had my car dyno tuned before and yes i might go with a street tune this time.

you have no right to call me a broke ass prick for going with a street tune, you guys don't even know me.

The point of getting a street tune done at a track is not GOING balls to the wall on a race track smart guy, it's about having a safe road to test it on rather than a city street.

I swear this site has nothing but straight ish talking internet geeks on it.