Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Chat

Chat General Discussion About The Nissan 240SX and Nissan Z Cars

Old 02-17-2010, 05:08 PM   #151
WagDatto
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (6)
WagDatto is close to perfectionWagDatto is close to perfectionWagDatto is close to perfectionWagDatto is close to perfectionWagDatto is close to perfectionWagDatto is close to perfectionWagDatto is close to perfectionWagDatto is close to perfectionWagDatto is close to perfectionWagDatto is close to perfectionWagDatto is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 6 reviews
Send a message via AIM to WagDatto
So long as the tensioner setup is good and tight, and you have it lined up properly, there shouldn't be too many issues with belt slip. 10psi is the MOST boost you can get without custom making a crank pulley or boost pulley (or both).

It'd be dope to custom make a larger crank pulley that used 6 ribs..... Mmmm!

http://garagezoku.blogspot.com
WagDatto is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 02-17-2010, 09:14 PM   #152
DriftDamage
Leaky Injector

Trader Rating: (1)
DriftDamage is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Oh man I want this BADDDD!!!!

I dont have alot of money and going KA-T or SR is out of my price range at the moment. :'(

But this set up sounds super reasonable!! I WANT IT!
DriftDamage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2010, 08:42 AM   #153
S14Serge
Zilvia Junkie

S14Serge is an unknown quantity at this point
This would be amazing!!! Getting these kit's out there to people who don't wanna go ka-t!
Old 02-20-2010, 04:10 PM   #154
fcken_engus
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (17)
fcken_engus is making a name for him/her selffcken_engus is making a name for him/her selffcken_engus is making a name for him/her self
Feedback Score: 17 reviews
Send a message via AIM to fcken_engus
looks good
fcken_engus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2010, 04:21 PM   #155
murda-c
Post Whore!

murda-c is close to perfectionmurda-c is close to perfectionmurda-c is close to perfectionmurda-c is close to perfectionmurda-c is close to perfectionmurda-c is close to perfectionmurda-c is close to perfectionmurda-c is close to perfectionmurda-c is close to perfectionmurda-c is close to perfectionmurda-c is close to perfection
Send a message via AIM to murda-c Send a message via MSN to murda-c
would this work on an s14?
Old 02-21-2010, 10:12 AM   #156
240_fun
Leaky Injector

Trader Rating: (3)
240_fun is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by murda-c View Post
would this work on an s14?
Why wouldnt it? Unless your concerned about OBD2

I too am very interested in a kit and need power before the season starts in april, keep me informed
240_fun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2010, 11:16 PM   #157
WagDatto
Zilvia FREAK!

WagDatto is close to perfectionWagDatto is close to perfectionWagDatto is close to perfectionWagDatto is close to perfectionWagDatto is close to perfectionWagDatto is close to perfectionWagDatto is close to perfectionWagDatto is close to perfectionWagDatto is close to perfectionWagDatto is close to perfectionWagDatto is close to perfection
Supercharger
Adapter plate
SR injectors
SAFC
Fabbed alt bracket/tensioner
Fabbed intake

You don't need to buy a kit to get this swap done. It's budget because you can do everything yourself! Get it done!

Old 02-22-2010, 12:22 AM   #158
SilviaSR20DET
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (9)
SilviaSR20DET is making a name for him/her selfSilviaSR20DET is making a name for him/her selfSilviaSR20DET is making a name for him/her self
Feedback Score: 9 reviews
wow seems pretty simple to add on and great deal indeed if its for 1000... heck 240hp instant power is perfect for any kind of motorsports if you ask me. Keep us posted!
SilviaSR20DET is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2010, 01:20 AM   #159
SmogSUX
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (15)
SmogSUX is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 15 reviews
Send a message via AIM to SmogSUX
Will an SAFC be good enough to add more fuel? Looks like this would be the pricing:

$350-400 for his kit
$150-200 for S/C
$50 for injectors
$100 for fuel pump
$150 for SAFC
Old 02-22-2010, 10:30 AM   #160
1_Bad_Silvia
Leaky Injector

Trader Rating: (0)
1_Bad_Silvia is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
thats my first time seeing a supercharger on a 240sx. but it looks good man
1_Bad_Silvia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2010, 11:25 AM   #161
Nezahualcoyotl
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (16)
Nezahualcoyotl is making his/her stupidity well-knownNezahualcoyotl is making his/her stupidity well-knownNezahualcoyotl is making his/her stupidity well-knownNezahualcoyotl is making his/her stupidity well-knownNezahualcoyotl is making his/her stupidity well-known
Feedback Score: 16 reviews
just noticed you put the intake filter where the battery was...
just wanted to know how it would look like if it had the stock intake or aftermarket piping. It would probably look more oem
Nezahualcoyotl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2010, 11:00 PM   #162
jonnybonds84
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (12)
jonnybonds84 is a name known to alljonnybonds84 is a name known to alljonnybonds84 is a name known to alljonnybonds84 is a name known to alljonnybonds84 is a name known to alljonnybonds84 is a name known to alljonnybonds84 is a name known to alljonnybonds84 is a name known to alljonnybonds84 is a name known to alljonnybonds84 is a name known to alljonnybonds84 is a name known to all
Feedback Score: 12 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by WagDatto View Post
There's a pretty good supercharged forum on ka-t.org if you guys wanna learn more about the whole dealio.

The main things to know is that after about 250hp, the m62 from the Frontier/Xterra is out of its efficiency range, and only produces more heat. Right up at 250hp, most people are running water/meth injection to cool down the intake temps as it is, anyway.

The down side of this setup is you're pretty limited to the m62 or the m90 (which takes a bit more work to fit on the header-size of the engine).

Still... instant boost, and the s/c plays off the strengths of the KA really well, too!
So I wouldn't be able to mount a M90 in the same location as the m62?

They seem pretty similar. Anyways I would DEF be down to buy one of the kits. Any update update on them?
EATON M90 SUPERCHARGER JEEP DODGE CHEVY TOYOTA BMW : eBay Motors (item 390158965732 end time Feb-24-10 18:25:17 PST)
Old 02-24-2010, 10:45 AM   #163
240_fun
Leaky Injector

Quote:
Originally Posted by jonnybonds84 View Post
So I wouldn't be able to mount a M90 in the same location as the m62?

They seem pretty similar. Anyways I would DEF be down to buy one of the kits. Any update update on them?
The reason you cant is because the intake for the superchargers are in different locations. The m62 is on the side close to the strut tower and the m90 would be against the firewall. Im not even sure if you could fit an m90 because of the clearance issue with a firewall but you would have to talk to someone whos tried it
Old 02-26-2010, 09:54 AM   #164
jonnybonds84
Zilvia Addict

jonnybonds84 is a name known to alljonnybonds84 is a name known to alljonnybonds84 is a name known to alljonnybonds84 is a name known to alljonnybonds84 is a name known to alljonnybonds84 is a name known to alljonnybonds84 is a name known to alljonnybonds84 is a name known to alljonnybonds84 is a name known to alljonnybonds84 is a name known to alljonnybonds84 is a name known to all
Thanks for the knowledge sprinkles, lol. Don't know much about the different supercharger deigns. Has anyone ever cut the firewall and routed the intake that way? I guess you would have to re-route the heater hoses or just remove the heater core.

Last edited by jonnybonds84; 03-02-2010 at 07:38 PM..
jonnybonds84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2010, 10:48 AM   #165
WagDatto
Zilvia FREAK!

With the M90, to my knowledge, most people mount them on the header-side, and route the compressed air either straight to the intake or through an intercooler. It's more popular for the SOHC because you have a little more room from the smaller head design AND because you can't mount the m62 the way you would on a DOHC. It's the same work for them anyway, so why not go M90?

Problem is it doesn't look as clean. You guys should check out the Supercharged forums at KA-T.org

Old 02-26-2010, 12:19 PM   #166
jonnybonds84
Zilvia Addict

I'm pretty much set on going the blower route, I've been lurking in that forum for the past couple weeks. There's still not alot of info on the m90 though. I hear it has a lil more power than the m62.
Old 02-26-2010, 12:46 PM   #167
fender-startocaster
Zilvia Junkie

fender-startocaster is an unknown quantity at this point
i want a kit to!!
fender-startocaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2010, 08:56 AM   #168
240_fun
Leaky Injector

Perhaps im just impatient but i want updates broski lol
Old 03-02-2010, 09:49 AM   #169
WagDatto
Zilvia FREAK!

I, too, am excited to see how this goes! Sadly, I'm trying to get out of my car and into another project... So the car AND the supercharger kit are both going up for sale... I will live on through you!!

EDIT: PM me if you're interested in the kit, this thread is NOT for me, this is Grantspec's build.

Old 03-02-2010, 05:23 PM   #170
Grantspec
Leaky Injector

Grantspec is an unknown quantity at this point
Sadly, I have no updates on the car or the kits being for sale. In the last three weeks I have had 4 midterm exams, and my sister's wedding that have taken priority. However, At the end of this week I am officially on spring break and instead of going to Panama City or Daytona Beach like all of my friends I plan on throwing down on the car. I want to get it ready to race by the end of next week. I PROMISE I will post some vids and such as soon as I can. Thanks again for the continued interest.

On a side note I drove the car a very little bit this weekend when I was home for my sis's wedding and it was awesome. Seems to be running great.
Grantspec is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2010, 09:45 PM   #171
240_fun
Leaky Injector

sick dude I cant wait
Old 03-03-2010, 12:11 PM   #172
nesianwarrior

nesianwarrior is an unknown quantity at this point
this is so dope!! for the longest time ive been lookin at supercharging my ka but gave up on it cuz i thought the price to custom build one was gonna be threw the roof. but you just gave me hope lol. loving this build and officially have been inspired!!
nesianwarrior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2010, 11:53 AM   #173
fckillerbee
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (5)
fckillerbee is close to perfectionfckillerbee is close to perfectionfckillerbee is close to perfectionfckillerbee is close to perfectionfckillerbee is close to perfectionfckillerbee is close to perfectionfckillerbee is close to perfectionfckillerbee is close to perfectionfckillerbee is close to perfectionfckillerbee is close to perfectionfckillerbee is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 5 reviews
I am going this route, I will let you guys know how it goes. JTP at HOTLINE PERFORMANCE will be making a kit....FYI....the superchargers are at least 400 bucks. unless you rebuild one...coming out to the same amount. but none the less...still a better route than SR if you are trying to achieve less than 250whp.
fckillerbee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2010, 12:13 PM   #174
Slideurmom
Leaky Injector

Slideurmom is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by fckillerbee View Post
I am going this route, I will let you guys know how it goes. JTP at HOTLINE PERFORMANCE will be making a kit....FYI....the superchargers are at least 400 bucks. unless you rebuild one...coming out to the same amount. but none the less...still a better route than SR if you are trying to achieve less than 250whp.
Do u know how much the kits are gunna be?
Slideurmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2010, 12:14 PM   #175
WagDatto
Zilvia FREAK!

If you buy a core supercharger, they're about $100. You run the risk of needing a rebuild, or just needing some new bearings.

Y'all missed out. I just sold my full kit with two superchargers to ihatesmog for $900, had all plates, brackets, relocation items, all intake piping, an extra intake manifold, SR injectors, other misc things, and an emanage blue.

Keep plugging away at the kit, grant!

Old 03-04-2010, 01:07 PM   #176
jonnybonds84
Zilvia Addict

I wanted to buy your kit so bad, but I'm in the middle of moving and need the funds just in case. I think I'll be putting together a m90 setup later on.
Old 03-04-2010, 01:20 PM   #177
240_fun
Leaky Injector

yeh man i totally PM'd you about your kit! soo not fair lol
Old 03-04-2010, 02:21 PM   #178
fckillerbee
Post Whore!

fckillerbee is close to perfectionfckillerbee is close to perfectionfckillerbee is close to perfectionfckillerbee is close to perfectionfckillerbee is close to perfectionfckillerbee is close to perfectionfckillerbee is close to perfectionfckillerbee is close to perfectionfckillerbee is close to perfectionfckillerbee is close to perfectionfckillerbee is close to perfection
Quote:
Originally Posted by Slideurmom View Post
Do u know how much the kits are gunna be?
I do not, I'm guessing around 1500 to 2000. Just because everything will be new or like new. I've probably spent about 1,200 just in parts. from base model KA to running. Just so there is no reliability issues.
Old 03-04-2010, 03:46 PM   #179
Bushido
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (10)
Bushido is close to perfectionBushido is close to perfectionBushido is close to perfectionBushido is close to perfectionBushido is close to perfectionBushido is close to perfectionBushido is close to perfectionBushido is close to perfectionBushido is close to perfectionBushido is close to perfectionBushido is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 10 reviews
i think the advantage to this setup is bang for the buck...

at $2000 i think it looses its edge against a turbo setup.
Old 03-04-2010, 04:23 PM   #180
fckillerbee
Post Whore!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bushido View Post
i think the advantage to this setup is bang for the buck...

at $2000 i think it looses its edge against a turbo setup.
I considered this set up cause I daily my track car, and I need a reliable setup that wont break in 10k miles. And when cops pop the hood its nice and sleek. lol.