Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Tech Talk

Tech Talk Technical Discussion About The Nissan 240SX and Nissan Z Cars

Old 10-03-2011, 04:11 PM   #151
racepar1
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (106)
racepar1 is close to perfectionracepar1 is close to perfectionracepar1 is close to perfectionracepar1 is close to perfectionracepar1 is close to perfectionracepar1 is close to perfectionracepar1 is close to perfectionracepar1 is close to perfectionracepar1 is close to perfectionracepar1 is close to perfectionracepar1 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 106 reviews
These are still the best mounts available hands down! As far as reliability goes, I have been working with Dave for a few years now and in that entire time I have only seen one or two mounts have issues. That's with both the old yellow and the new green, QC and warranty are not a problem. BUY THEM, they ROCK!
racepar1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 10-04-2011, 04:00 PM   #152
unreal-
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (16)
unreal- is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 16 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by racepar1 View Post
These are still the best mounts available hands down!........BUY THEM, they ROCK!
Agreed wholeheartedly. Mine have been in since June '10 and are still working perfectly i have the V1 Yellows. I like how the motor still has a slight amount of movement...so it doesnt translate to the body of the car as much. Combined with Nismo trans mounts or Peak Perf. Street trans mounts, these would feel very similar to stock, but slightly stiffer. With a Peak Race trans mount vibrations are pretty noticeable when cold started but soon dissapear when warm (90% of this is from the trans mount fyi) . and you definitely notice when the car revs throughout the range with the race combo. I dont even have to look at my tach anymore lol.
unreal- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2011, 12:47 PM   #153
ultramagnus
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (41)
ultramagnus is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 41 reviews
I just got mines yesterday yellow ones, drove up from OC to meet up w/ him ,very cool guy and honest, i over paid him a $20 and i was about to hop in my car and bail out when he called me back. i'm gonna install them on my DD s13 coupe, probably this week. I will let you all know how this goes. Thanks again DF.
Old 10-08-2011, 01:07 PM   #154
future
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (42)
future is a name known to allfuture is a name known to allfuture is a name known to allfuture is a name known to allfuture is a name known to allfuture is a name known to allfuture is a name known to allfuture is a name known to allfuture is a name known to allfuture is a name known to allfuture is a name known to all
Feedback Score: 42 reviews
Where can I buy these?
future is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2011, 01:16 PM   #155
drift freaq
R.I.P. Aya, always love

Trader Rating: (215)
drift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 215 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by future View Post
Where can I buy these?
Ah that would be me. I just p.m.d you.

New Video
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uebV1OnbRsw
Buy my mounts!
http://zilvia.net/f/sale-items/51531...ns-mounts.html
http://zilvia.net/f/tech-talk/317539...e-mouts-6.html
drift freaq is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2011, 02:46 PM   #156
Driftingcorners
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (2)
Driftingcorners is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
What heat shield are you SR20DET guys using...
Driftingcorners is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2011, 01:33 AM   #157
c_mancuyas8
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (12)
c_mancuyas8 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 12 reviews
just got mine in! He even sent them with the news paper funnies! Great product with a smile!
Old 10-17-2011, 10:04 AM   #158
slider2828
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (13)
slider2828 is close to perfectionslider2828 is close to perfectionslider2828 is close to perfectionslider2828 is close to perfectionslider2828 is close to perfectionslider2828 is close to perfectionslider2828 is close to perfectionslider2828 is close to perfectionslider2828 is close to perfectionslider2828 is close to perfectionslider2828 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 13 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Driftingcorners View Post
What heat shield are you SR20DET guys using...
Just thermal wrap with the silver reflector and then wrap with safety wiring.... Kinda pricey wrap but keeps them nice.
Old 10-17-2011, 02:30 PM   #159
drift freaq
R.I.P. Aya, always love

drift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfection
Hey guys just thought I would let all of you know. I am now a Zilvia.net advertiser. Which means, though I still might do group buys I am officially on board with constant sales. I have product and its is available.

New Video
Buy my mounts!
Old 10-17-2011, 03:31 PM   #160
revcyanide
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (10)
revcyanide is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 10 reviews
what's going on with the transmount? interested!
revcyanide is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2011, 10:29 AM   #161
drift freaq
R.I.P. Aya, always love

Quote:
Originally Posted by revcyanide View Post
what's going on with the transmount? interested!
well lets try this again if 5 of you can actually list up and pay for the trans mount I will make it. But I am going to need at least 5 solid paid commitments to do it.

New Video
Buy my mounts!
Old 11-06-2011, 11:04 AM   #162
slider2828
Post Whore!

slider2828 is close to perfectionslider2828 is close to perfectionslider2828 is close to perfectionslider2828 is close to perfectionslider2828 is close to perfectionslider2828 is close to perfectionslider2828 is close to perfectionslider2828 is close to perfectionslider2828 is close to perfectionslider2828 is close to perfectionslider2828 is close to perfection
Quote:
Originally Posted by drift freaq View Post
well lets try this again if 5 of you can actually list up and pay for the trans mount I will make it. But I am going to need at least 5 solid paid commitments to do it.
Sign me up for one. What might be the price point for it?
Old 11-06-2011, 12:53 PM   #163
drift freaq
R.I.P. Aya, always love

Quote:
Originally Posted by slider2828 View Post
Sign me up for one. What might be the price point for it?
$85. I know it sounds high but if I am going to do it it will have the exhaust hanger bracket.

New Video
Buy my mounts!
Old 11-06-2011, 05:46 PM   #164
slider2828
Post Whore!

Quote:
$85. I know it sounds high but if I am going to do it it will have the exhaust hanger bracket.
Oh nice.... do you think you can have one designed, fitted, and tested so we can see it actually on a car? That would be nice.
Old 11-06-2011, 11:39 PM   #165
drift freaq
R.I.P. Aya, always love

Quote:
Originally Posted by slider2828 View Post
Oh nice.... do you think you can have one designed, fitted, and tested so we can see it actually on a car? That would be nice.
To make one I would have to do a run. I cannot make single one offs. I can only mock the jig. Trust me I have put a lot of thought into the design of it and not only would it come correct but fitment would be spot on.

New Video
Buy my mounts!
Old 11-07-2011, 09:33 AM   #166
slider2828
Post Whore!

Quote:
To make one I would have to do a run. I cannot make single one offs. I can only mock the jig. Trust me I have put a lot of thought into the design of it and not only would it come correct but fitment would be spot on.
You said you need 5? Sign me up for one.... so let me know when you need the money. I guess it has to be pretty head resistant because track temps and exhaust is pretty close.... Is there any special need to address it?
Old 11-07-2011, 06:57 PM   #167
s13Kurt
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (5)
s13Kurt is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 5 reviews
Sorry wrong thread.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg ImageUploadedByTapatalk1320717135.679230.jpg (110.4 KB, 99 views)
s13Kurt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2011, 07:59 PM   #168
gunmetalr32
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (14)
gunmetalr32 is on a distinguished road
Feedback Score: 14 reviews
Just ordered 2 sets
gunmetalr32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2011, 09:40 AM   #169
Jybfan04
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (4)
Jybfan04 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 4 reviews
PM sent regarding engine and trans mount combo!
Jybfan04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2011, 04:26 PM   #170
nismoracingsx
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (32)
nismoracingsx is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 32 reviews
great engine mounts. took almost all movement out of the equation.
combined it with a circuit sports trans. mount for a good combo.
Old 11-12-2011, 11:58 AM   #171
hOngsterr
Bandwagon.

Trader Rating: (73)
hOngsterr is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 73 reviews
Send a message via AIM to hOngsterr
hey dave thanks for the mounts, but can you chime in on how to achieve different heights of the motor by the postion of the studs
OCD isn't so bad just means you'll spend more money then most people, but you'll have a quality car not a POS put together with POS parts.
hOngsterr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2011, 12:01 PM   #172
gunmetalr32
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (14)
gunmetalr32 is on a distinguished road
Feedback Score: 14 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by nismoracingsx View Post
great engine mounts. took almost all movement out of the equation.
combined it with a circuit sports trans. mount for a good combo.
I haven't got my mounts in yet.. But I will be running the peak performance sold trans mount.. Should be a good combo too
gunmetalr32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2011, 12:26 PM   #173
drift freaq
R.I.P. Aya, always love

Quote:
Originally Posted by hOngsterr View Post
hey dave thanks for the mounts, but can you chime in on how to achieve different heights of the motor by the postion of the studs
there are a couple of ways to do this. one is to run one centered stud and one down. then rotate the mounts. the lowest position achieved by put both centered studs up rotating the mounts till the offset stud is positioned at the top of the rotation.( Racepar1 actually favors that position in his car, for example)
Positioned at the bottom it will raise your engine and yes you can do this with one

New Video
Buy my mounts!
Old 11-12-2011, 12:38 PM   #174
hOngsterr
Bandwagon.

Trader Rating: (73)
hOngsterr is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 73 reviews
Send a message via AIM to hOngsterr
Quote:
there are a couple of ways to do this. one is to run one centered stud and one down. then rotate the mounts. the lowest position achieved by put both centered studs up rotating the mounts till the offset stud is positioned at the top of the rotation.( Racepar1 actually favors that position in his car, for example)
Positioned at the bottom it will raise your engine and yes you can do this with one
so basically having the center studs up and rotating that achieves the raised motor? Just clarifying.

hey slider can you post pics of how you wrapped your mounts, even though its obvious how you explained it. people love pics lol
OCD isn't so bad just means you'll spend more money then most people, but you'll have a quality car not a POS put together with POS parts.
hOngsterr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2011, 06:41 PM   #175
slider2828
Post Whore!

There you go. Its just wrapped with safety wire.... you could probably use some really good zip tie too, but its going to get hot, so zip ties will get brittle over time.

Old 11-15-2011, 03:13 PM   #176
drift freaq
R.I.P. Aya, always love

very cool pics slider. Thanks for dropping that.

New Video
Buy my mounts!
Old 12-01-2011, 04:40 PM   #177
terrorist240
Leaky Injector

Trader Rating: (7)
terrorist240 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 7 reviews
Recently got the yellows installed. Love how you hear and feel the vibrations "better" I guess you can say. Feels like my KA is a super track car now LOL! I combo'd it with Peak Performance PRO tranny mount (it was the same price as the street one on sale so I said fuck it). Great combo, great product!
terrorist240 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2011, 05:02 PM   #178
ghetto180
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (5)
ghetto180 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 5 reviews
engine mounts

how much for the green ones w/transmission mount, i will take a set paypal ready, will need shipping to 28301 thanks

Last edited by ghetto180; 12-01-2011 at 06:12 PM..
ghetto180 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2011, 06:34 PM   #179
drift freaq
R.I.P. Aya, always love

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghetto180 View Post
how much for the green ones w/transmission mount, i will take a set paypal ready, will need shipping to 28301 thanks
Greens sell for $120 a set with a $15 shipping fee. I have not made a trans mount yet. I will be officially setting up a thread to round up the 5 or so people that have spoken up. When that happens and they commit I will start a trans mount run. For now there are no trans mounts from me.

New Video
Buy my mounts!
Old 01-31-2012, 02:04 PM   #180
carnal_c30
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (3)
carnal_c30 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
I put mine in a few weeks ago in an otherwise stock S14 (gf's 240).

a tiny bit more vibration at idle, but the solid feeling is completely worth it
My gf loves them!
carnal_c30 is offline   Reply With Quote