Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Tech Talk

Tech Talk Technical Discussion About The Nissan 240SX and Nissan Z Cars

Old 05-04-2010, 01:31 PM   #151
jspaeth
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (7)
jspaeth is close to perfectionjspaeth is close to perfectionjspaeth is close to perfectionjspaeth is close to perfectionjspaeth is close to perfectionjspaeth is close to perfectionjspaeth is close to perfectionjspaeth is close to perfectionjspaeth is close to perfectionjspaeth is close to perfectionjspaeth is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 7 reviews
Measurement pics, may help people.....I think this is with a regular V44 Tial (old design, new ones like 1 inch shorter or so (MV-R)....

VWvortex Forums: T25-EWG-44 housing

Daily driven
jspaeth is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 05-06-2010, 05:09 AM   #152
cotbu
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (3)
cotbu is just really nicecotbu is just really nicecotbu is just really nicecotbu is just really nicecotbu is just really nicecotbu is just really nicecotbu is just really nicecotbu is just really nicecotbu is just really nicecotbu is just really nice
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
A Different Option

A Different Option

LoverTechnologies "Half Broken Things!"
cotbu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2010, 07:16 AM   #153
jspaeth
Nissanaholic!

jspaeth is close to perfectionjspaeth is close to perfectionjspaeth is close to perfectionjspaeth is close to perfectionjspaeth is close to perfectionjspaeth is close to perfectionjspaeth is close to perfectionjspaeth is close to perfectionjspaeth is close to perfectionjspaeth is close to perfectionjspaeth is close to perfection
Quote:
Originally Posted by cotbu View Post
A Different Option

To be honest, that lools cool and all, but those pipes are TINY and have GOT to be putting a lot of backpressure on the system.....

Daily driven
Old 05-22-2010, 06:54 PM   #154
BiG MiKE86
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (12)
BiG MiKE86 is just really niceBiG MiKE86 is just really niceBiG MiKE86 is just really niceBiG MiKE86 is just really niceBiG MiKE86 is just really niceBiG MiKE86 is just really niceBiG MiKE86 is just really niceBiG MiKE86 is just really nice
Feedback Score: 12 reviews
Send a message via AIM to BiG MiKE86
UPDATES!! or Ban
Old 05-25-2010, 02:26 PM   #155
drag113
Leaky Injector

Trader Rating: (0)
drag113 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by S13 curtis View Post
probly around the $200 ballpark for the extrude hone from the local machine shop. i was also looking at the tomei expreme manifold because its basicly the same thing as a ported out stock manifold since its based on the same design.
who does the EH for that price around the area?

waiting to see if there are no clearance issues w/ the MVR! im thinking about the same setup

Last edited by drag113; 05-25-2010 at 02:29 PM.. Reason: mistke
drag113 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2010, 09:44 PM   #156
codyace
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (58)
codyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 58 reviews
Send a message via AIM to codyace
Quote:
Originally Posted by drag113 View Post
who does the EH for that price around the area?

waiting to see if there are no clearance issues w/ the MVR! im thinking about the same setup

EH for 200 bucks seems like an awesome deal, but something seems 'a miss' here.

Want Air Conditioning in your SR20 Swapped car? Check out www.sr20acbrackets.com for more information!

Quest Alternator Conversions for SR20! Check my Group Buy!

Tired of lousy internal gates? Go external wastegate with one of my manifolds, Check out my group buy
codyace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2010, 09:49 PM   #157
codyace
Post Whore!

codyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfection
Quote:
Originally Posted by jspaeth View Post
To be honest, that lools cool and all, but those pipes are TINY and have GOT to be putting a lot of backpressure on the system.....
For sure.

Probably cheaper to run a 38 off th emanifold and save the multiple pieces

Want Air Conditioning in your SR20 Swapped car? Check out www.sr20acbrackets.com for more information!

Tired of lousy internal gates? Go external wastegate with one of my manifolds, Check out my group buy
Old 05-25-2010, 10:44 PM   #158
drag113
Leaky Injector

Quote:
Originally Posted by codyace View Post
EH for 200 bucks seems like an awesome deal, but something seems 'a miss' here.
If i cant find a reasonable pice for it I was thinking porting/polishing the runners is just as effective?
Old 05-26-2010, 07:24 AM   #159
jspaeth
Nissanaholic!

Quote:
If i cant find a reasonable pice for it I was thinking porting/polishing the runners is just as effective?

No. Also, due to the design of the manifold, it is nearly impossible to get more than an inch or two into each runner before it bends beyond the point where you could ever see what you are doing.

Porting/polishing the openings could help a bit, but is nowhere near as good as the EH.

If I were a baller I would do the EH, but I just can't justify the $600-$700 for that and the swain-coat right now. That is something i would do if everything else was working at it's optimum and I wanted that last little bit of an edge.

....or if the price was lower haha

Daily driven
Old 05-26-2010, 12:26 PM   #160
drag113
Leaky Injector

Quote:
No. Also, due to the design of the manifold, it is nearly impossible to get more than an inch or two into each runner before it bends beyond the point where you could ever see what you are doing.

Porting/polishing the openings could help a bit, but is nowhere near as good as the EH.

If I were a baller I would do the EH, but I just can't justify the $600-$700 for that and the swain-coat right now. That is something i would do if everything else was working at it's optimum and I wanted that last little bit of an edge.

....or if the price was lower haha
I think for that id rather take the plungs and buy the isis tubular manifold. If enjuku stands behind the product then its fine by me
Old 05-30-2010, 07:37 PM   #161
S13 curtis
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (13)
S13 curtis is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 13 reviews
Sry guys its been a while, I was in the field for a little over a week for some training and i also Purchased an Evo VIII the other week, thats why it was put on hold for a little bit. Im going to use the Tial V44 but it will have a 90* bend from the turbine housing, supposed to get that done sometime next week from the local muffler shop along with the Cutout & bung for the AIT sensor on the IC pipes. Then from there it will hit the dyno.

The only thing i know got done from last time i posted was the Ait sensor, boost solenoid, and Map sensor were pinned into the harness and the fuel setup is finished i will post pics of that as soon as the pics get e-mailed to me.
S13 curtis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2010, 10:57 PM   #162
codyace
Post Whore!

Quote:
I think for that id rather take the plungs and buy the isis tubular manifold. If enjuku stands behind the product then its fine by me
Do you have any real reasoning for this, or just 'nutswinging' your favorite store? Enjuku is a godo company, but just because a person supports a product doesn't' mean they'll actually use it. Tubular manifolds are ticking 'crack' bombs...and not to mention their poor heat retention results in poor spool up...to the point where it's 'potential' top end gains are not worth the loss of torque.

Quote:
Sry guys its been a while, I was in the field for a little over a week for some training and i also Purchased an Evo VIII the other week, thats why it was put on hold for a little bit. Im going to use the Tial V44 but it will have a 90* bend from the turbine housing, supposed to get that done sometime next week from the local muffler shop along with the Cutout & bung for the AIT sensor on the IC pipes. Then from there it will hit the dyno.

The only thing i know got done from last time i posted was the Ait sensor, boost solenoid, and Map sensor were pinned into the harness and the fuel setup is finished i will post pics of that as soon as the pics get e-mailed to me.
Uh oh, you're spoiled now. Poor s13, that Evo is his new GF

Coming back from an exercise is always fun...but exhausting!

Old 05-30-2010, 11:29 PM   #163
drag113
Leaky Injector

Quote:
Originally Posted by codyace View Post
Do you have any real reasoning for this, or just 'nutswinging' your favorite store? Enjuku is a godo company, but just because a person supports a product doesn't' mean they'll actually use it. Tubular manifolds are ticking 'crack' bombs...and not to mention their poor heat retention results in poor spool up...to the point where it's 'potential' top end gains are not worth the loss of torque.
lol. im familiar with your views on tubulars based on ur posts. id honestly take the plunge with the isis which looks pretty decent than spend $5-600 for extrude hone and swain coat it. im not gonna get too on check what qualities that both have over eachother. i could just stick with the stocker rather than choose the isis but i choose not to. the differences between stock iron clunkers and tubulars are not really a crucial topic for comparing powerband differences anyways. we're not NA guys microanalyzing runner / collector properties for benefits. tubulars have their own major benefits anyways. you're really underating them IMO. i dont see full race bulding 800whp cars with iron manifolds
Old 05-31-2010, 07:07 PM   #164
jspaeth
Nissanaholic!

Quote:
lol. im familiar with your views on tubulars based on ur posts. id honestly take the plunge with the isis which looks pretty decent than spend $5-600 for extrude hone and swain coat it. im not gonna get too on check what qualities that both have over eachother. i could just stick with the stocker rather than choose the isis but i choose not to. the differences between stock iron clunkers and tubulars are not really a crucial topic for comparing powerband differences anyways. we're not NA guys microanalyzing runner / collector properties for benefits. tubulars have their own major benefits anyways. you're really underating them IMO. i dont see full race bulding 800whp cars with iron manifolds
You just unknowingly said the key thing.

800 hp cars of course don't use the stock mani, bc with THAT much flow, it is restrictive.

However, for a 2871R, the stock manifold is right at the limit of the "break even point"....

For smaller turbos, going with a tubular is just stupid, bc it steals so much torque and the turbo can't flow up top itself anyway.

For larger turbos 30R and up, the stock manifold IS restrictive, and you should use a tubular and it's better up-top flow properties to match those of the turbo.

Time and time again, we have seen that the best "area under the curve" dyno sheets on cars with 2871R on and SR come with stock manifold.

Daily driven
Old 06-01-2010, 01:49 AM   #165
efrain240sx
Leaky Injector

efrain240sx will become famous soon enoughefrain240sx will become famous soon enoughefrain240sx will become famous soon enoughefrain240sx will become famous soon enough
What if the 2871R had a T3 housing instead of a T2, would it still be better to go with a cast-iron manifold, or would a tubular manifold be better. I only ask this question because i have only seen one person run a T3 housing and they didn't post up much info on it.

P.S. sorry for the thread jack, and i cant wait to see some dyno numbers =)
efrain240sx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2010, 06:35 AM   #166
bb4_96
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (4)
bb4_96 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 4 reviews
I wonder if the higher velocity of exhaust gas flowing through the stock manifold would spool faster than slower exhaust gas moving through larger runners of an aftermarket tubular manifold.
bb4_96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2010, 08:18 AM   #167
jspaeth
Nissanaholic!

Quote:
Originally Posted by efrain240sx View Post
What if the 2871R had a T3 housing instead of a T2, would it still be better to go with a cast-iron manifold, or would a tubular manifold be better. I only ask this question because i have only seen one person run a T3 housing and they didn't post up much info on it.

P.S. sorry for the thread jack, and i cant wait to see some dyno numbers =)
The compressor side of this turbo just isn't gonna flow well enough past 7000 RPM or so to make it worth it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bb4_96 View Post
I wonder if the higher velocity of exhaust gas flowing through the stock manifold would spool faster than slower exhaust gas moving through larger runners of an aftermarket tubular manifold.
Yes, of course.

Daily driven
Old 06-25-2010, 04:55 PM   #168
jacobs13
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (27)
jacobs13 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 27 reviews
I wanna see how this comes out. I have almost the same setup but built block and power fc. keep us informed
jacobs13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2010, 01:35 AM   #169
derass
Zilvia FREAK!

derass is making a name for him/her selfderass is making a name for him/her self
i am also interested to see if that T04e housing clears the stock manifold... i have a tial bov and it causes surge at part throttle.... a good solution would be the ported option on this housing
derass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2010, 05:05 AM   #170
STR8E180
Zilvia Junkie

STR8E180 is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by cotbu View Post
A Different Option
that wont work on a SR20 or any garrett GT series turbo

it will work on a evo
reason is because the evo turbos have a wall between the gate and turbine

sr20 turbo
garrett GT series

STR8E180 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2010, 06:24 AM   #171
S13 curtis
Zilvia Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by derass View Post
i am also interested to see if that T04e housing clears the stock manifold... i have a tial bov and it causes surge at part throttle.... a good solution would be the ported option on this housing
It will def clear the stock manifold.
Not my motor but here is a clearence pic, hope this helps

Well i decided to keep the setup i had for sale but now im keeping it to drive on with this because i dont want to let you guys down and have an unfinished project. My friend was supposed to get an angle welded but i guess he is too lazy or something, i keep getting the next week thing week after week so im just going to have my wife bring the V band flanges to the muffler shop to get a 2"X2" 90 bend made so this can get finished already, im pretty sure i can net somewhere around 450whp on a dynojet with this from the reasearch ive been doing. I just need to have the BOV flange welded on the new 3inch alluminum pipes and it will pretty much be done. i really just dont like posting on this thread unless i have updates. sorry guys.
Old 07-03-2010, 06:47 AM   #172
jspaeth
Nissanaholic!

Are you still overseas? This is taking FOREVER!!!!!!!

AND I never got to see the fitment of that special turbine housing on the stock manifold....

BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Daily driven
Old 07-03-2010, 06:57 AM   #173
S13 curtis
Zilvia Addict

Quote:
Are you still overseas? This is taking FOREVER!!!!!!!

AND I never got to see the fitment of that special turbine housing on the stock manifold....

BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
yes still over seas im putting in for vacation soon....

I think my friend is too lazy to test fit it with the stock manifold, i cant even get him to mock up the intercooler pipes.
Old 07-04-2010, 12:31 AM   #174
cotbu
Post Whore!

cotbu is just really nicecotbu is just really nicecotbu is just really nicecotbu is just really nicecotbu is just really nicecotbu is just really nicecotbu is just really nicecotbu is just really nicecotbu is just really nicecotbu is just really nice
Quote:
Originally Posted by STR8E180 View Post
that wont work on a SR20 or any garrett GT series turbo

it will work on a evo
reason is because the evo turbos have a wall between the gate and turbine

sr20 turbo
garrett GT series
Just Think Different!
I haven't seen this work, but I'm sure I can make it work!
I already solved my creep problem, but I wanna run an external!
I don't want to change it to much (350 setup), I'm a superstitious personality.
So I can bolt this on, and if it fails, Only I would know :evil laugh:

LoverTechnologies "Half Broken Things!"
cotbu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2010, 01:38 AM   #175
S13 curtis
Zilvia Addict

Ok guys got pics and just about everything is installed except the blow off valve and it needs some aluminum welded, the injectors and ss lines are finally on, this is real close to hitting the dyno.

After the dyno i will install coilovers, wheels and the Origin kit i already have.
Old 07-19-2010, 07:40 PM   #176
ka-turbo
Zilvia Member

ka-turbo is making his/her stupidity well-knownka-turbo is making his/her stupidity well-knownka-turbo is making his/her stupidity well-knownka-turbo is making his/her stupidity well-known
i would check those wirings by the hot pipe outlet just after the turbo....and as far as teh larger cold side to smaller hot side...dont you lose about a 1 or 2 or more PSI through the intercooler? and if soo wouldnt you just do a slightly larger hot side with a slightly smaller cold side to keep velocities up......wicked kool thread cant wait for you to be done wit it...and see how long youve been driving on it for...i deff want this turbo setup done on my 240 and pushing over 400whp on my KA-T setup with reliability and lasting....i would also wanna push it in the 7000 rpm range but im not too sure it would be able to flow for that and make power....any comments on that felow zilvians???....
Old 07-19-2010, 10:10 PM   #177
S13 curtis
Zilvia Addict

The car is at GATO Performance Shop right now getting some work done to it and it will get picked up in the morning and i will provide the wastegate setup along with other goodies that ae getting done.
Old 07-20-2010, 12:07 AM   #178
McCoy
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (5)
McCoy is a glorious beacon of lightMcCoy is a glorious beacon of lightMcCoy is a glorious beacon of lightMcCoy is a glorious beacon of lightMcCoy is a glorious beacon of lightMcCoy is a glorious beacon of lightMcCoy is a glorious beacon of lightMcCoy is a glorious beacon of lightMcCoy is a glorious beacon of lightMcCoy is a glorious beacon of lightMcCoy is a glorious beacon of light
Feedback Score: 5 reviews
Quote:
It will def clear the stock manifold.
Not my motor but here is a clearence pic, hope this helps

Thought this picture looked familiar, it's mine . That's a GT2876R and it clears, but only if you grind off some material from the motor mount bracket, just so there's no confusion here.
McCoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2010, 12:34 AM   #179
e1_griego
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (24)
e1_griego has a reputation beyond reputee1_griego has a reputation beyond reputee1_griego has a reputation beyond reputee1_griego has a reputation beyond reputee1_griego has a reputation beyond reputee1_griego has a reputation beyond reputee1_griego has a reputation beyond reputee1_griego has a reputation beyond reputee1_griego has a reputation beyond reputee1_griego has a reputation beyond reputee1_griego has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 24 reviews
Yup, that's on my car now, and it fits fine besides some clearancing of the motor mount bracket.
e1_griego is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2010, 02:37 AM   #180
S13 curtis
Zilvia Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by McCoy View Post
Thought this picture looked familiar, it's mine . That's a GT2876R and it clears, but only if you grind off some material from the motor mount bracket, just so there's no confusion here.
Thats def a nice set up you had, what did you put down?