Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > Specific Topics > Off Topic Chat

Off Topic Chat All non related chat goes here.

Closed Thread

Old 11-14-2011, 11:31 AM   #151
kalypso123
(ノಠ益ಠ)ノ彡

Trader Rating: (2)
kalypso123 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
San fransisco handled my beloved giants convincingly.

only a high flying pass offense with 4 or 5 reciever sets could beat that team because up front they're too tough.
Sponsored Links
Old 11-14-2011, 11:33 AM   #152
DrftSLowHomIe!!
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (1)
DrftSLowHomIe!! is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
damm niners beat my Gmen hard loss but gotta say it was the game of the week, we'll bounce back and beat Philly next week
Old 11-14-2011, 11:37 AM   #153
DJDANGER24
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (10)
DJDANGER24 has a reputation beyond reputeDJDANGER24 has a reputation beyond reputeDJDANGER24 has a reputation beyond reputeDJDANGER24 has a reputation beyond reputeDJDANGER24 has a reputation beyond reputeDJDANGER24 has a reputation beyond reputeDJDANGER24 has a reputation beyond reputeDJDANGER24 has a reputation beyond reputeDJDANGER24 has a reputation beyond reputeDJDANGER24 has a reputation beyond reputeDJDANGER24 has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 10 reviews
Send a message via AIM to DJDANGER24 Send a message via MSN to DJDANGER24 Send a message via Yahoo to DJDANGER24
I'm surprised nobody posted about the Raiders running all over the Chargers. Well, it was a fun day to be a Raider in San Diego. Got some dirty looks when i was with the wife at the mall on Friday. Geez there are some sore ass losers in San Diego, it wasn't this bad last year. I had a smile on the entire time though hahaha I'm glad Hue kept the mindset of run run run. Having said that, if McFadden was in the game, a pair of those Bush runs would of been 6 pts due to his speed alone. Great game all together for the Raiders.

Is CP3 the Jim Plunkett of our era? I sure hope so
Old 11-14-2011, 11:43 AM   #154
KiLLeR2001
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (46)
KiLLeR2001 has much to be proud ofKiLLeR2001 has much to be proud ofKiLLeR2001 has much to be proud ofKiLLeR2001 has much to be proud ofKiLLeR2001 has much to be proud ofKiLLeR2001 has much to be proud ofKiLLeR2001 has much to be proud ofKiLLeR2001 has much to be proud ofKiLLeR2001 has much to be proud ofKiLLeR2001 has much to be proud ofKiLLeR2001 has much to be proud of
Feedback Score: 46 reviews
^ I think it would be a lot worse if you were in Oakland wearing a Chargers jersey and the Chargers won.
Old 11-14-2011, 11:54 AM   #155
Daniel.
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (0)
Daniel. is close to perfectionDaniel. is close to perfectionDaniel. is close to perfectionDaniel. is close to perfectionDaniel. is close to perfectionDaniel. is close to perfectionDaniel. is close to perfectionDaniel. is close to perfectionDaniel. is close to perfectionDaniel. is close to perfectionDaniel. is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Daniel.
Quote:
Originally Posted by KiLLeR2001 View Post
^ I think it would be a lot worse if you were in Oakland wearing a Chargers jersey and the Chargers won.
If by "a lot worse" you mean, "get murdered" then you'd be correct.
Old 11-14-2011, 12:06 PM   #156
exitspeed
aWingThing.com

exitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfection
Packers vs Vikings tonight.

Being undefeated makes me so nervous.
Old 11-14-2011, 12:14 PM   #157
Daniel.
Post Whore!

Daniel. is close to perfectionDaniel. is close to perfectionDaniel. is close to perfectionDaniel. is close to perfectionDaniel. is close to perfectionDaniel. is close to perfectionDaniel. is close to perfectionDaniel. is close to perfectionDaniel. is close to perfectionDaniel. is close to perfectionDaniel. is close to perfection
Don't be nervous. The only good players on the Vikes are A.P. and Jared Allen.

The rest of your schedule is soft. The only team left that can even come close to beating you guys are the Giants and possibly the Bears. Even then, you're still going to be the number 1 seed.
Old 11-14-2011, 02:13 PM   #158
frsh4
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (17)
frsh4 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 17 reviews
jim harbaugh coach of the year? how about them eagles lol

i didnt expect the patriots to beat the jets like that and they have the easiest remaining schedule too.

and my saints handled the falcons
good sunday
Old 11-14-2011, 02:15 PM   #159
Daniel.
Post Whore!

Quote:
Originally Posted by frsh4 View Post
jim harbaugh coach of the year? how about them eagles lol

i didnt expect the patriots to beat the jets like that and they have the easiest remaining schedule too.

and my saints handled the falcons
good sunday
Mike Smith was the Saints MVP yesterday.
Old 11-14-2011, 09:45 PM   #160
exitspeed
aWingThing.com

exitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfection
Lol. 9-0.

Seriously, can Rodgers get any better? I hate to brag, but god lord is this dude incredible.
Old 11-14-2011, 10:22 PM   #161
Daniel.
Post Whore!

I can't believe the Niners had the chance to draft Rodgers as the first over all pick. Rodgers is ridiculous. Go Pack. Hope to see you guys in the playoffs.
Old 11-14-2011, 10:48 PM   #162
One_love_silvia
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (38)
One_love_silvia is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 38 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by exitspeed View Post
Lol. 9-0.

Seriously, can Rodgers get any better? I hate to brag, but god lord is this dude incredible.
no kidding. my family was getting pissed at the announcers cuz they wouldn't shut up about rodgers lol.

on another note, matt flynn was quite impressive in the fourth quarter. im happy we have him as a back up qb.

and our defense finally stepped the game up a little bit. especially in that last quarter.

in any case....

9-0 BABY!!
Old 11-15-2011, 01:11 AM   #163
KiLLeR2001
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (46)
KiLLeR2001 has much to be proud ofKiLLeR2001 has much to be proud ofKiLLeR2001 has much to be proud ofKiLLeR2001 has much to be proud ofKiLLeR2001 has much to be proud ofKiLLeR2001 has much to be proud ofKiLLeR2001 has much to be proud ofKiLLeR2001 has much to be proud ofKiLLeR2001 has much to be proud ofKiLLeR2001 has much to be proud ofKiLLeR2001 has much to be proud of
Feedback Score: 46 reviews
The coolest thing about Rodgers... He's a Niners fan!!!
Old 11-15-2011, 02:26 AM   #164
theronin
Post Whore!

theronin is close to perfectiontheronin is close to perfectiontheronin is close to perfectiontheronin is close to perfectiontheronin is close to perfectiontheronin is close to perfectiontheronin is close to perfectiontheronin is close to perfectiontheronin is close to perfectiontheronin is close to perfectiontheronin is close to perfection
Send a message via AIM to theronin
go niners.

fuck the packers.

see you in the playoffs.

well played Rodgers.

It just screams, "Hey, I'm a fucking Christmas Tree. What are you gonna do about it?"
Old 11-15-2011, 03:41 AM   #165
WERDdabuilder
Post Whore!

WERDdabuilder is close to perfectionWERDdabuilder is close to perfectionWERDdabuilder is close to perfectionWERDdabuilder is close to perfectionWERDdabuilder is close to perfectionWERDdabuilder is close to perfectionWERDdabuilder is close to perfectionWERDdabuilder is close to perfectionWERDdabuilder is close to perfectionWERDdabuilder is close to perfectionWERDdabuilder is close to perfection
dope, schaub out for the season. titans can capitalize on this but knowing them....they wont.

here's to hoping the titans can though.
Old 11-15-2011, 03:47 AM   #166
One_love_silvia
Nissanaholic!

Quote:
Originally Posted by theronin View Post
go niners.

fuck the packers.

see you in the playoffs.

well played Rodgers.

^ hating because his team actually HAS a loss.
Old 11-16-2011, 01:07 AM   #167
DJDANGER24
Nissanaholic!

DJDANGER24 has a reputation beyond reputeDJDANGER24 has a reputation beyond reputeDJDANGER24 has a reputation beyond reputeDJDANGER24 has a reputation beyond reputeDJDANGER24 has a reputation beyond reputeDJDANGER24 has a reputation beyond reputeDJDANGER24 has a reputation beyond reputeDJDANGER24 has a reputation beyond reputeDJDANGER24 has a reputation beyond reputeDJDANGER24 has a reputation beyond reputeDJDANGER24 has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to DJDANGER24 Send a message via MSN to DJDANGER24 Send a message via Yahoo to DJDANGER24
Quote:
Originally Posted by One_love_silvia View Post
^ hating because his team actually HAS a loss.
it's all fun and games until your team loses, then shit gets personal bro
Old 11-16-2011, 03:16 AM   #168
One_love_silvia
Nissanaholic!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJDANGER24 View Post
it's all fun and games until your team loses, then shit gets personal bro
haha i know. its scary as fuck when your team is undefeated.

i dont think the packers are going 16-0 though. so im expecting a loss.
Old 11-16-2011, 07:54 AM   #169
exitspeed
aWingThing.com

I don't think the Packers will go undefeated. It's just too hard of a task. I'd LOVE to see it happen though.

We've won 15 straight as of right now.
Old 11-16-2011, 09:04 AM   #170
Daniel.
Post Whore!

Quote:
Originally Posted by exitspeed View Post
I don't think the Packers will go undefeated. It's just too hard of a task. I'd LOVE to see it happen though.

We've won 15 straight as of right now.
I'd love to see them do it too. It'd be an amazing accomplishment.
Old 11-17-2011, 09:52 PM   #171
WERDdabuilder
Post Whore!

WERDdabuilder is close to perfectionWERDdabuilder is close to perfectionWERDdabuilder is close to perfectionWERDdabuilder is close to perfectionWERDdabuilder is close to perfectionWERDdabuilder is close to perfectionWERDdabuilder is close to perfectionWERDdabuilder is close to perfectionWERDdabuilder is close to perfectionWERDdabuilder is close to perfectionWERDdabuilder is close to perfection
Old 11-18-2011, 01:09 AM   #172
revat619
Retired General

Trader Rating: (7)
revat619 is close to perfectionrevat619 is close to perfectionrevat619 is close to perfectionrevat619 is close to perfectionrevat619 is close to perfectionrevat619 is close to perfectionrevat619 is close to perfectionrevat619 is close to perfectionrevat619 is close to perfectionrevat619 is close to perfectionrevat619 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 7 reviews
I'll probably get shit for this but whatever...

I think it's pretty lame how the media wants Tebow to fail SOOO BAD and yet when he doesn't and they cant figure out why, they stoop to making fun of his religion and mocking the fact that he kneels and prays. All this campaigning for tolerance and yet our media openly mocks a guy for his lifestyle choices and nobody says shit about it. Tolerance? What a joke...
Instagram: @rjsladerade
Old 11-18-2011, 09:33 AM   #173
Daniel.
Post Whore!

A good article on Tebow.

Tebow believes in miracles, and maybe he

At this point, even the most extreme doubters have to be impressed. Or, at the very least, willing to come off their perches for a second to take another look at the Tim Tebow(notes) phenomenon as more of a football matter and less a referendum on religion, politics, spirituality, and whether the 'good guys' really do win.
When Tebow led his Denver Broncos to an improbable 17-13 win over the New York Jets on Thursday night in the Mile High City, the syntax finally felt right. People have been far too quick to attribute too much or too little credit to Tebow for the Broncos' recent success based on their own feelings for the hype, but it was Tebow who set the Broncos on course for a game-winning 95-yard drive. It was also Tebow who ran for a 20-yard touchdown when the Jets went against type and blitzed a quarterback they had to know was probably going to run.
Basically, Tebow proved that he is a matchup problem — just not in the traditional way you'd expect of an NFL quarterback. On the 12-play sojourn that ended with 1:06 left in the game, Tebow ran the ball six times for a total of 57 yards. You can know what he's going to do, and what he's going to do can't be stopped consistently — that's been proven. For Tebow, as you'd expect, the message after the game was more than about the game.

"It is very exciting and we're excited about the wins that we've been able to put together," he told the NFL Network after the game. "I love it and I care about it. But the greatest thing with this sport and with the NFL is we have such a platform, and we can take that platform and we can influence the next generation. That is honestly my passion. This week we got to announce that I was building a hospital in the Philippines. This game means a lot but that hospital means more to me because that's changing peoples' lives. That's giving people faith, hope and love, and that's more important.
"My ultimate goal with this, with playing football, is to be a great role model that a parent can look at their son and say, 'That's someone that is trying to do it the right way; he's not perfect but everyday he's trying to get better, he's trying to honor God, do the right thing, do what's right and do his best.'"
Some will certainly cringe, more at what the media has made of the Tebow Brand than anything the man himself says, but in a football sense, the second-year quarterback hit on an important point. He's not perfect, but there are ways in which he's able to make things work. Tebow said after the game that that last drive was less about matchups, though - -he's a firm believer in the intangibles of the game, especially when they matter most. "We got in the huddle and we just said that this is an opportunity where great things can happen, and let's be great right now. That was our focus and everybody believed, and we went out there and we achieved it. But it was because of our faith, and our relentlessness. We're just going to keep fighting."

It's been said that with the way he plays, Tebow has managed to prove everyone right who has an opinion of him. The detractors will say that he has very limited ability at the quarterback position, especially when you consider what's generally required at the NFL level. And in completing just nine passes in 20 attempts for 104 yards, he showed once again that he's not near where he needs to be as a pure passer.
However, the true believers -- and this is where they seem to have a point — will tell you that the kid will find a way to win, no matter what. The Broncos are 4-1 under Tebow, and though it took some ridiculous red zone defensive concepts in Miami and a busted assignment on a blitz against the Jets for it to happen, Tebow has indeed proven the ability to rise to the occasion.
Winning ugly? The Broncos will take it.

"I've said it before: I trust him," rookie endbacker Von Miller said. "I trust him with everything. No matter how many interceptions he throws, no matter how many touchdowns he throws, that's Tim Tebow. I'm going to ride with him until the end.
"I hope he shut up a whole bunch of critics today."

At the very least, Tebow certainly extended the argument.
Old 11-18-2011, 10:26 AM   #174
DJDANGER24
Nissanaholic!

One thing that I will note that bothers me with this Tebow situation, what is it with criticis/analysts stating he's not an NFL level QB? I mean, the guys is CLEARLY winning games for the Broncos, i think that's NFL level. Wether your simply a pocket passer, scrambler, short gain passer, it doesn't matter. If you could win in the NFL, your obviously NFL level. They dont need to hate on the guy just because he's not your typical Brady/Brees/Rodgers QB. Division rival or not, Broncos have something that seems to be working, commend them for that. And Tebow's got a great ability to not get bothered by all the BS, cool dude in my book.
Old 11-18-2011, 11:01 AM   #175
Daniel.
Post Whore!

Quote:
One thing that I will note that bothers me with this Tebow situation, what is it with criticis/analysts stating he's not an NFL level QB? I mean, the guys is CLEARLY winning games for the Broncos, i think that's NFL level. Wether your simply a pocket passer, scrambler, short gain passer, it doesn't matter. If you could win in the NFL, your obviously NFL level. They dont need to hate on the guy just because he's not your typical Brady/Brees/Rodgers QB. Division rival or not, Broncos have something that seems to be working, commend them for that. And Tebow's got a great ability to not get bothered by all the BS, cool dude in my book.
The problem with the type of offense the Broncos are playing is that it's not sustainable. Their offense was shutdown for 95% of the game. Once teams really figure out how to stop them, it's over.

Just look at the Dolphins and their proliferation of the Wildcat offense a few years back. It won them some games, but once teams figured it out, they got shut down.

I agree that Tebow is an athlete at the NFL level, and that he doesn't fit the typical mold for what an NFL level quarterback should be, but he's not exactly going to equate to a long term 10 year solution for a football franchise.

P.S. No one is knocking the guy personally. He's actually a really great role model outside of football. Just read the article I posted.
Old 11-18-2011, 11:15 AM   #176
Broadfield
Zilvia.net Advertiser

Trader Rating: (163)
Broadfield is a name known to allBroadfield is a name known to allBroadfield is a name known to allBroadfield is a name known to allBroadfield is a name known to allBroadfield is a name known to allBroadfield is a name known to allBroadfield is a name known to allBroadfield is a name known to allBroadfield is a name known to allBroadfield is a name known to all
Feedback Score: 163 reviews
^^^^You are spot on!

Follow Along For My Latest Work
My Portfolio
Please Share
Check Out My Builds
Old 11-18-2011, 11:29 AM   #177
DJDANGER24
Nissanaholic!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daniel. View Post
The problem with the type of offense the Broncos are playing is that it's not sustainable. Their offense was shutdown for 95% of the game. Once teams really figure out how to stop them, it's over.

Just look at the Dolphins and their proliferation of the Wildcat offense a few years back. It won them some games, but once teams figured it out, they got shut down.

I agree that Tebow is an athlete at the NFL level, and that he doesn't fit the typical mold for what an NFL level quarterback should be, but he's not exactly going to equate to a long term 10 year solution for a football franchise.

P.S. No one is knocking the guy personally. He's actually a really great role model outside of football. Just read the article I posted.
I understand that it seems unsustainable now because it's not the norm. As long as they win, I see them sticking with that game plan which is a smart move. Why try something different and force him to be a passer? They know he's going to tuck and run the majority of the time. Defenses know what he's going to do, but it's hard to stop him all the time and like yesterday showed, 95% of the time wasn't enough.

Him being a 10 year solution to a franchise does not seem smart at the moment, but i think at the end of the season, there would be more evidence to truly asses what he can do for them in the long run. There's no telling what this guy could do in the second half of the season.

Yea, I read the article. Cool dude, my hats off to the guy for what he's doing off the field.
Old 11-18-2011, 11:50 AM   #178
Daniel.
Post Whore!

Quote:
I understand that it seems unsustainable now because it's not the norm. As long as they win, I see them sticking with that game plan which is a smart move. Why try something different and force him to be a passer? They know he's going to tuck and run the majority of the time. Defenses know what he's going to do, but it's hard to stop him all the time and like yesterday showed, 95% of the time wasn't enough.

Him being a 10 year solution to a franchise does not seem smart at the moment, but i think at the end of the season, there would be more evidence to truly asses what he can do for them in the long run. There's no telling what this guy could do in the second half of the season.

Yea, I read the article. Cool dude, my hats off to the guy for what he's doing off the field.
No one is trying to force him to be different. Jon Fox is quoted as saying that if Tim were in a regular NFL passing offense he'd be screwed. Fox scrapped half of his playbook when Tebow started. No one is forcing him to be a pocket passer. What they're saying is that for long term success, Tebow will need to develop NFL caliber passing skills which he clearly doesn't have.

I'd like to reiterate my previous point, that at this point in the season most other teams are not well prepared to deal with the Broncos type of offense. Defenses haven't got enough plays in the book, and havent dedicated enough time throughout the season to be effective against the run/option 100% of the time.

The end of the season, and next season will tell a different story. Case in point is this article on the Wildcat offense. Wildcat formation - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia. Scroll down and read the section where the Patriots stuffed the Dolphins on their second divisional game.

What happened with the Wildcat is exactly what's happening with Tebow right now.

I sense that what you're arguing here is that there is a place in the current NFL passing paradigm to accommodate a Tebow offense and that it could shift our current paradigm in that direction permanently. I agree with the first part in that there is a place for it, but not for long. The second part, I completely disagree with. It's going to take a lot more to change NFL offenses as they are today than just one talented athlete.
Old 11-20-2011, 02:18 PM   #179
exitspeed
aWingThing.com

10 and 0 BABY!
Old 11-20-2011, 05:25 PM   #180
revat619
Retired General

Trader Rating: (7)
revat619 is close to perfectionrevat619 is close to perfectionrevat619 is close to perfectionrevat619 is close to perfectionrevat619 is close to perfectionrevat619 is close to perfectionrevat619 is close to perfectionrevat619 is close to perfectionrevat619 is close to perfectionrevat619 is close to perfectionrevat619 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 7 reviews
Chargers.....

I'm a die hard fan, but i fucking hate this team. If that makes any sense...

On another note, i 110% believe I could do just as good a job at corner back as Antoine Cason. Seriously. How is this guy starting in the NFL? I mean really, if he's a starter, i picked the wrong goddamn sport to pursue a career in. FML.
Instagram: @rjsladerade
Closed Thread