Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Chat

Chat General Discussion About The Nissan 240SX and Nissan Z Cars

Old 07-18-2014, 10:27 AM   #16951
cotbu
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (3)
cotbu is just really nicecotbu is just really nicecotbu is just really nicecotbu is just really nicecotbu is just really nicecotbu is just really nicecotbu is just really nicecotbu is just really nicecotbu is just really nicecotbu is just really nice
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
Is there a paint job that looks like grease and grime on primer with clear coat? Looks like you just worked on your car. I'm contemplating this idea, as long as no more than 2 exist.

Sent from my Highly Tuned Galaxy S3.4!!!

LoverTechnologies "Half Broken Things!"
cotbu is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 07-18-2014, 11:15 AM   #16952
240cracker
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (22)
240cracker has a reputation beyond repute240cracker has a reputation beyond repute240cracker has a reputation beyond repute240cracker has a reputation beyond repute240cracker has a reputation beyond repute240cracker has a reputation beyond repute240cracker has a reputation beyond repute240cracker has a reputation beyond repute240cracker has a reputation beyond repute240cracker has a reputation beyond repute240cracker has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 22 reviews
Send a message via AIM to 240cracker
I have 2 SR and 2 KA trans that went out on me and have been sitting in my warehouse for years. What should I do with them? Are they worth anything
240cracker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2014, 04:21 PM   #16953
DKnissanman
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (0)
DKnissanman is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
http://puu.sh/ahiC6/aaf6aa1abb.jpg

THATS from an rc car but is there a kit made after it?

or what valence is that from?
DKnissanman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2014, 07:38 AM   #16954
I'm Redline
Zilvia Addict

I'm Redline is a name known to allI'm Redline is a name known to allI'm Redline is a name known to allI'm Redline is a name known to allI'm Redline is a name known to allI'm Redline is a name known to allI'm Redline is a name known to allI'm Redline is a name known to allI'm Redline is a name known to allI'm Redline is a name known to allI'm Redline is a name known to all
Quote:
Originally Posted by 240cracker View Post
I have 2 SR and 2 KA trans that went out on me and have been sitting in my warehouse for years. What should I do with them? Are they worth anything
If they are manual, rebuild them and sell them. Put a set of N1 gears in them and sell them for $1200 - $1400. Sell them as is, maybe $300 - $500, MAYBE, all depends on condition.
The bottom line is, that if they have been sitting for years, they need to be opened up, cleaned, and essentially refreshed with new seals. Take the time to build them right, adding the N1 gears and they make damn quick, damn fast transmissions with a 4.77 diff.
N1:
Old 07-19-2014, 10:58 AM   #16955
MADE
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (1)
MADE has a brilliant futureMADE has a brilliant futureMADE has a brilliant futureMADE has a brilliant futureMADE has a brilliant futureMADE has a brilliant futureMADE has a brilliant futureMADE has a brilliant futureMADE has a brilliant futureMADE has a brilliant futureMADE has a brilliant future
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Been away for a while is Vertex aero still sought after? Need to offload new R/B and S/S that I brought and never used.
Old 07-19-2014, 12:32 PM   #16956
alonroz
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (98)
alonroz is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 98 reviews
Anyone knows where i can find out the CFM rating for a Nissan N14/N15 electric radiator fans?

They look like this btw:

Thanks!
alonroz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2014, 02:23 PM   #16957
pjmrnolife1
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (-1)
pjmrnolife1 is making a name for him/her selfpjmrnolife1 is making a name for him/her self
Feedback Score: -1 reviews
Pm me with answers thank you,

Where to find a jwt ecu other than the website

And

Sr 370cc injectors are so plentiful but they are side feed, what 370cc injectors come top feed, that could be bought brand new also not online

I'm located in south Florida

I prefer to buy face to face

9542103158 in case
Ka. Single cam

Last edited by pjmrnolife1; 07-19-2014 at 02:24 PM.. Reason: typo
pjmrnolife1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2014, 02:31 AM   #16958
DKnissanman
Zilvia Member

DKnissanman is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by MADE View Post
Been away for a while is Vertex aero still sought after? Need to offload new R/B and S/S that I brought and never used.

pm me with some pics!
DKnissanman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2014, 01:12 PM   #16959
silviasandbeer
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (1)
silviasandbeer is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
I THINK MY STARTER MIGHT BE STARTING TO FAIL. (no pun)

once in a great moon ill turn the key and it just goes 'CLICK'
Ill turn it again and it starts and has never left me stranded, i just want to replace and fix the issue before it does leave me stranded

my question is: whats reliable place to purchase one? FRSPORT quotes a refurbished one at $279 while places like "partsgeek" "autowarehouse" and such quote them at $50-80 each one. autozone? oriely? i only want to replace the starter once lol thanks in advance

NOTE: 1997 240SX KA24DE

Quote:
Originally Posted by e1_griego View Post
I'm not kingtalon crazy, but I have standards
Quote:
Originally Posted by OBEEWON View Post
What age is appropriate to give your kids the sex talk? Is 3 too soon?
silviasandbeer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2014, 01:16 PM   #16960
tacobellman_2007
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (6)
tacobellman_2007 is just really nicetacobellman_2007 is just really nicetacobellman_2007 is just really nicetacobellman_2007 is just really nicetacobellman_2007 is just really nicetacobellman_2007 is just really nicetacobellman_2007 is just really nicetacobellman_2007 is just really nicetacobellman_2007 is just really nice
Feedback Score: 6 reviews
My 10 amp Meter and 10 amp Room Lamp fuses keep blowing when I put them in. Just out of curiosity, I decided to see if a 15 amp fuse would blow for both of them, and they did. I KNOW that using a higher amp fuse is not recommended because that is how fires start. However, I wanted to see if the 15 amp fuses could handle the power that was going through.

Keep in mind, I'm not very electronics-savvy, so what I'm saying may not make total sense lol.

Since the higher amp fuses blew, does this mean there is a LOT more power flowing through the fuses than there should be (yes, I know fuses can blow because of "shorts" and "bad grounds")?

Amateur photography by me
tacobellman_2007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2014, 04:44 AM   #16961
Fuego
Zilvia Addict

Fuego is an unknown quantity at this point
Does anybody make a short throw/tall shifter that isn't a dildo? I'd just make one, but my car isn't a pure track slut and I still like things to look pretty.
Old 07-22-2014, 05:34 AM   #16962
I'm Redline
Zilvia Addict

I'm Redline is a name known to allI'm Redline is a name known to allI'm Redline is a name known to allI'm Redline is a name known to allI'm Redline is a name known to allI'm Redline is a name known to allI'm Redline is a name known to allI'm Redline is a name known to allI'm Redline is a name known to allI'm Redline is a name known to allI'm Redline is a name known to all
Quote:
Originally Posted by tacobellman_2007 View Post
My 10 amp Meter and 10 amp Room Lamp fuses keep blowing when I put them in. Just out of curiosity, I decided to see if a 15 amp fuse would blow for both of them, and they did. I KNOW that using a higher amp fuse is not recommended because that is how fires start. However, I wanted to see if the 15 amp fuses could handle the power that was going through.

Keep in mind, I'm not very electronics-savvy, so what I'm saying may not make total sense lol.

Since the higher amp fuses blew, does this mean there is a LOT more power flowing through the fuses than there should be (yes, I know fuses can blow because of "shorts" and "bad grounds")?
Taco, you have an issue with that circuit receiving too much power into the fuse panel itself. Trace it from there to see why there(WAG here) is an un relayed source of pure battery power. What I am saying is from the battery to that fuse panel, there should not be direct battery power. Your issue appears to be direct battery power that is not going through a relay(which drops amps down so smaller circuits can handle it). If your lights are not working check the bulb locations to insure they are clean and trace back to the fuse panel, checking for shorts on hot or ground.

This should get you started.

ps locate the wire diagram maps at NICO, with the rest of the FMS if you do not have them files
Old 07-22-2014, 12:01 PM   #16963
David48
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (11)
David48 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 11 reviews
Send a message via AIM to David48
The FSM link

http://www.nicoclub.com/FSM/240sx/1991-1994_general/
Old 07-22-2014, 09:16 PM   #16964
BxLumpy
Leaky Injector

BxLumpy is an unknown quantity at this point
Pignose lip

Hey what do Pignose lips sell for now a days it's been a while since I've paying attention to the scene
BxLumpy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2014, 10:04 PM   #16965
LMagic

LMagic is an unknown quantity at this point
Hey, so I absolutely love the origin great wave hood but as far as I know they only made them for an ae86 and an s13. Now I'm thinking of getting a 3m vinyl print of the hood done but I don't know if I should, I don't want to rip off the originality of the design with a fake. Any opinions?
LMagic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2014, 10:14 PM   #16966
Agent S14
Zilvia Member

Agent S14 is making a name for him/her selfAgent S14 is making a name for him/her self
Quote:
Originally Posted by S14DB View Post
S14SR air intake system should work just fine. Do you have a ring adapter for the MAF? The filter side has the 4 bolts to the airbox.
where can i find that? i think i do have the ring adapter if not what should i do?
Agent S14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2014, 10:48 PM   #16967
240sxdrive

240sxdrive is an unknown quantity at this point
I want to make sure the person who put the BC cams in my sr20det did it correctly. Do the stock cam gears only fit on the camshafts one way? Like, could the dots of the cam gears and the chain links line up and have 11 chain links between the dots on the gears at TDC on the compression stroke but the cam lobes or one of them not point outward. Is the cam dowel pin what keeps the cam gear on the camshaft in a specific position.

Also, since I haven't opened up the valve cover yet, if the cam gears where off a tooth, would the car even run or would something bad have happened long ago?

I guess I want to know if they were installed yet they were "off" it would be more of adjusting the chain, not pulling the cams out and having to put the gear on at a slightly different angle.
240sxdrive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2014, 02:48 AM   #16968
WERDdabuilder
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (17)
WERDdabuilder is close to perfectionWERDdabuilder is close to perfectionWERDdabuilder is close to perfectionWERDdabuilder is close to perfectionWERDdabuilder is close to perfectionWERDdabuilder is close to perfectionWERDdabuilder is close to perfectionWERDdabuilder is close to perfectionWERDdabuilder is close to perfectionWERDdabuilder is close to perfectionWERDdabuilder is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 17 reviews
Anyone know the spec for the heim joints for kazama toe rods?
Old 07-23-2014, 09:13 AM   #16969
S14DB
AFC #1

S14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfection
Quote:
Originally Posted by I'm Redline View Post
Taco, you have an issue with that circuit receiving too much power into the fuse panel itself. Trace it from there to see why there(WAG here) is an un relayed source of pure battery power. What I am saying is from the battery to that fuse panel, there should not be direct battery power. Your issue appears to be direct battery power that is not going through a relay(which drops amps down so smaller circuits can handle it).
WAT?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Agent S14 View Post
where can i find that? i think i do have the ring adapter if not what should i do?
Many company's make intake kits. For example:
http://www.enjukuracing.com/categori...20det/intakes/
http://www.frsport.com/APEXi-538-N02...FS_p_1468.html
http://www.partsshopmax.com/page.php?41

Depends on what you need to replace on your setup. Just the MAF adapter, the pipe, whole thing?
Old 07-23-2014, 10:40 AM   #16970
240sxdrive

240sxdrive is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by 240sxdrive View Post
I want to make sure the person who put the BC cams in my sr20det did it correctly. Do the stock cam gears only fit on the camshafts one way? Like, could the dots of the cam gears and the chain links line up and have 11 chain links between the dots on the gears at TDC on the compression stroke but the cam lobes or one of them not point outward. Is the cam dowel pin what keeps the cam gear on the camshaft in a specific position.

Also, since I haven't opened up the valve cover yet, if the cam gears where off a tooth, would the car even run or would something bad have happened long ago?

I guess I want to know if they were installed yet they were "off" it would be more of adjusting the chain, not pulling the cams out and having to put the gear on at a slightly different angle.
OK, so I found that the dowel pin aligns the gear to the proper position.

If, the gears are off a tooth will the motor even run or at least so bad it would be obvious. I've been driving the car for years. I did a boost leak test while the exhaust manifold was off and air is coming out the cylinder closest to the firewall and I really don't want to hear that its a bent or burnt valve. The car runs fairly rich and I don't think it gets so hot to burn a valve so maybe carbon build up won't let them seat properly.
240sxdrive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2014, 01:34 PM   #16971
Corbic
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (8)
Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic
Feedback Score: 8 reviews
Are the RPS13 sunroofs dealer installed or factory? They look aftermarket.
Corbic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2014, 02:20 PM   #16972
jakemkz

jakemkz is an unknown quantity at this point
sunroof is part of the MIN (Model Identification Number) so it is a factory option, not a dealer installed option (like mud guards for example).
jakemkz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2014, 03:13 PM   #16973
Corbic
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (8)
Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic
Feedback Score: 8 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by jakemkz View Post
sunroof is part of the MIN (Model Identification Number) so it is a factory option, not a dealer installed option (like mud guards for example).
Thanks man.

Anyone have the size?

length x width
Corbic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2014, 03:28 PM   #16974
Agent S14
Zilvia Member

Agent S14 is making a name for him/her selfAgent S14 is making a name for him/her self
Quote:
Originally Posted by S14DB View Post

Many company's make intake kits. For example:
http://www.enjukuracing.com/categori...20det/intakes/
http://www.frsport.com/APEXi-538-N02...FS_p_1468.html
http://www.partsshopmax.com/page.php?41

Depends on what you need to replace on your setup. Just the MAF adapter, the pipe, whole thing?
The only thing i want to keep is the stock SR maf i want to change therest of the air intake because the air intake is super ghetto the one the shop put in my car. so im fixing everything they fucked up on it. I told me friend not to go there and his bone stock evo 8 now threw its timing belt while he drove it out of the shop. he didnt listen to me.
Agent S14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2014, 06:42 PM   #16975
tacobellman_2007
Zilvia Addict

tacobellman_2007 is just really nicetacobellman_2007 is just really nicetacobellman_2007 is just really nicetacobellman_2007 is just really nicetacobellman_2007 is just really nicetacobellman_2007 is just really nicetacobellman_2007 is just really nicetacobellman_2007 is just really nicetacobellman_2007 is just really nice
Quote:
Originally Posted by I'm Redline View Post
Taco, you have an issue with that circuit receiving too much power into the fuse panel itself. Trace it from there to see why there(WAG here) is an un relayed source of pure battery power. What I am saying is from the battery to that fuse panel, there should not be direct battery power. Your issue appears to be direct battery power that is not going through a relay(which drops amps down so smaller circuits can handle it). If your lights are not working check the bulb locations to insure they are clean and trace back to the fuse panel, checking for shorts on hot or ground.

This should get you started.

ps locate the wire diagram maps at NICO, with the rest of the FMS if you do not have them files
Thanks. So you're basically saying there is a relay not working that connects in between the fuse panel and the battery? Since it is getting too much power.

When you say "lights" as in my dome/room lamp, yes, that is NOT working (of course because the fuse keeps popping). All exterior lights and cluster LIGHTS are working.

And if all relays are good, this means that there is exposed wire either touching other wire or other metal, correct?

P.S. I have been referring to the FSM, it's just difficult for me because I suck at interpreting wiring diagrams!

Old 07-23-2014, 06:45 PM   #16976
tacobellman_2007
Zilvia Addict

In the S13 FSM, I understand that L/W refers to "Blue wire with white stripe" and B is "Black stripe" etc., but what if the wire I am looking at under the fender has those Silver marks every inch or so??? What is that labeled as in the FSM?? For example, a Blue wire with a White stripe that has the Silver marks. Is that still just L/W?

Or is that even in the FSM? lol I've been looking in the EL section of the FSM for quite sometime now.

Old 07-23-2014, 08:36 PM   #16977
jakemkz

jakemkz is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by Corbic View Post
Thanks man.

Anyone have the size?

length x width
The glass is approximately 35"x18". In my opinion the sunroof is a well-done option. It has drainage tubes through the roof, a removable panel (with no tools), flip up vortex generators to reduce wind noise, etc.
jakemkz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2014, 09:05 PM   #16978
vipergtsr1000hp
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (2)
vipergtsr1000hp is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
anyone have experience with the twisted motion hks knockoff bov and their gt2871r turbo?
vipergtsr1000hp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2014, 11:57 PM   #16979
tacobellman_2007
Zilvia Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by BxLumpy View Post
Hey what do Pignose lips sell for now a days it's been a while since I've paying attention to the scene
$120-$140 T_T Well, close to the San Diego area.

I saw a pretty decent one that didn't look like it had any cracks for $70 - which is what I would pay! - in the L.A. area. Always gotta be too far, and if it's a good deal, always gotta be sold within 10 minutes of being posted :/

Old 07-24-2014, 12:19 AM   #16980
Fuego
Zilvia Addict

Fuego is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by vipergtsr1000hp View Post
anyone have experience with the twisted motion hks knockoff bov and their gt2871r turbo?
Haven't heard anything about their BOV, but as with any knockoff don't be surprised if it leaks.

Their "gt2871r" is actually a journal bearing. Expect ISIS like quality.