Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Chat

Chat General Discussion About The Nissan 240SX and Nissan Z Cars

Old 07-10-2014, 09:38 PM   #16891
Young Sileighty Kev
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (22)
Young Sileighty Kev is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 22 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by hscalixto View Post
Did you install a stock replacement pump or a walbro? I've heard of Walbros making noises.

When you say "turn the key" do you mean into the start position?
Stock replacement

I turn the key all the way to start the car, the starter doesn't click or the motor doesn't even turn over. I just have to turn the key a couple times fast and eventually my car turns on.
Young Sileighty Kev is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 07-10-2014, 10:23 PM   #16892
jmax240
Leaky Injector

Trader Rating: (6)
jmax240 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 6 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by mau5trap View Post
So my car randomly decided not to start out of no where. My car won't start and NO clicking sound - nothing!! What could this be, any ideas? bad starter or solenoid??

Quote:
Originally Posted by Young Sileighty Kev View Post
Stock replacement

I turn the key all the way to start the car, the starter doesn't click or the motor doesn't even turn over. I just have to turn the key a couple times fast and eventually my car turns on.
Both of you check the connection on the solenoid seen here with the orange wire in the second pic.

http://zilvia.net/f/showthread.php?t=296152

I don't remember the wire being orange on mine, but anyway, the female connector on the end of the wire just slides over a little metal tab on the solenoid without clicking into place and can become loose. This is for an sr20det but may be the same with ka's.
Old 07-11-2014, 02:58 PM   #16893
Young Sileighty Kev
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (22)
Young Sileighty Kev is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 22 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by jmax240 View Post
Both of you check the connection on the solenoid seen here with the orange wire in the second pic.

I don't remember the wire being orange on mine, but anyway, the female connector on the end of the wire just slides over a little metal tab on the solenoid without clicking into place and can become loose. This is for an sr20det but may be the same with ka's.
Found my prob it may be the other guys problem too. The starter was quickly eliminated cuz I knew it couldn't of been it

This thing behind the ignition switch was loose. When I pushed it in and turned the key my car started up first try. But when I didn't push it in the car wouldn't start first time.

As far as that moaning sound coming from the car, I doubt it could be noise coming from the fuel pump because after it's done priming that wierd moaning sound starts. It's just annoying has anyone had this?

Thx for all the replies zilvians and thx for the link man.
Young Sileighty Kev is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2014, 03:56 PM   #16894
salemboy19
Leaky Injector

Trader Rating: (2)
salemboy19 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
So will running low comp pistons on a stock tune mess up my motor? Spun a bearing so I built the bottom end while it was out and have no money for a tune right now. Also 9:1 pistons but only running 5lbs of boost right now till I get a tune
salemboy19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2014, 11:47 PM   #16895
04BlueBeach

Trader Rating: (0)
04BlueBeach is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
What's the best way to Install a Rocket Bunny Wing? It came with nothing but the Wing. Tried searching but nothing really came Up. It's probably been answered before but I couldn't find anything.
04BlueBeach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2014, 02:39 AM   #16896
Mschiano.

Mschiano. is an unknown quantity at this point
So I came across this on craigslist, was considering going to snag it. BUT, I just can't wrap my head around whats going on with that wheel gap! Seems a bit much even for stock suspension with wheels and aero. any ideas as to whats going on here????

Mschiano. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2014, 03:37 AM   #16897
mau5trap
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (8)
mau5trap is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 8 reviews
Send a message via AIM to mau5trap
Quote:
Originally Posted by jmax240 View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by Young Sileighty Kev View Post
Found my prob it may be the other guys problem too. The starter was quickly eliminated cuz I knew it couldn't of been it

This thing behind the ignition switch was loose. When I pushed it in and turned the key my car started up first try. But when I didn't push it in the car wouldn't start first time.

As far as that moaning sound coming from the car, I doubt it could be noise coming from the fuel pump because after it's done priming that wierd moaning sound starts. It's just annoying has anyone had this?

Thx for all the replies zilvians and thx for the link man.
ended up hitting the starter couple of times with a screw driver. car started right up. How long could I go driving with a bad starter solenoid??
Old 07-12-2014, 07:19 AM   #16898
Kallixtos
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (61)
Kallixtos is just really niceKallixtos is just really niceKallixtos is just really niceKallixtos is just really niceKallixtos is just really niceKallixtos is just really niceKallixtos is just really niceKallixtos is just really nice
Feedback Score: 61 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mschiano. View Post
So I came across this on craigslist, was considering going to snag it. BUT, I just can't wrap my head around whats going on with that wheel gap! Seems a bit much even for stock suspension with wheels and aero. any ideas as to whats going on here????

They're probably 15 or 16" wheels with a stretched tire
Kallixtos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2014, 07:26 AM   #16899
I'm Redline
Zilvia Addict

I'm Redline is a name known to allI'm Redline is a name known to allI'm Redline is a name known to allI'm Redline is a name known to allI'm Redline is a name known to allI'm Redline is a name known to allI'm Redline is a name known to allI'm Redline is a name known to allI'm Redline is a name known to allI'm Redline is a name known to allI'm Redline is a name known to all
Quote:
Originally Posted by 04BlueBeach View Post
What's the best way to Install a Rocket Bunny Wing? It came with nothing but the Wing. Tried searching but nothing really came Up. It's probably been answered before but I couldn't find anything.
You want Illest ugly, or Japanese tech savvy?
For Fatlace/Hellaflush/Illest guy ugly, just use pop rivets and rivet it onto the car for crap fitment that well, looks like crap fitment(noting the man hisselfs Mark A.'s, S14 that was in an older issue of Super Street)

OR you could go Mr. Miura style and do it right. Set it onto the deck and look for any gaps, smooth it out with a sander until it fits perfectly, then use some 2 Way tape to place it for fitment. Now that it's placed for fitment, you evenly mark the places where you want to drill, countersink, then using countersunk screws and nuts on the trunk interior, mount it correctly so it fits well and looks like Mr. Miura's cars. a dab of green loctite on each screw, or your girl's nail polish keeps the screws from wandering away
Old 07-12-2014, 12:32 PM   #16900
rebornS14
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (13)
rebornS14 is a glorious beacon of lightrebornS14 is a glorious beacon of lightrebornS14 is a glorious beacon of lightrebornS14 is a glorious beacon of lightrebornS14 is a glorious beacon of lightrebornS14 is a glorious beacon of lightrebornS14 is a glorious beacon of lightrebornS14 is a glorious beacon of lightrebornS14 is a glorious beacon of lightrebornS14 is a glorious beacon of lightrebornS14 is a glorious beacon of light
Feedback Score: 13 reviews
Send a message via AIM to rebornS14
Quote:
So my car randomly decided not to start out of no where. My car won't start and NO clicking sound - nothing!! What could this be, any ideas? bad starter or solenoid??

could be starter, could be ignition switch
Old 07-12-2014, 12:34 PM   #16901
rebornS14
Zilvia FREAK!

rebornS14 is a glorious beacon of lightrebornS14 is a glorious beacon of lightrebornS14 is a glorious beacon of lightrebornS14 is a glorious beacon of lightrebornS14 is a glorious beacon of lightrebornS14 is a glorious beacon of lightrebornS14 is a glorious beacon of lightrebornS14 is a glorious beacon of lightrebornS14 is a glorious beacon of lightrebornS14 is a glorious beacon of lightrebornS14 is a glorious beacon of light
Quote:
Originally Posted by hscalixto View Post
They're probably 15 or 16" wheels with a stretched tire
doubt it. atleast a 17" wheel but yes tires are stretched. and it does look higher than stock height. they may have coil overs and raised the car so it doesnt damage the kit. who knows.

i wanna know why he's asking us and not the owner.
Old 07-12-2014, 12:56 PM   #16902
Mschiano.

Mschiano. is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by rebornS14 View Post
doubt it. atleast a 17" wheel but yes tires are stretched. and it does look higher than stock height. they may have coil overs and raised the car so it doesnt damage the kit. who knows.

i wanna know why he's asking us and not the owner.
owner posted his email rather than his phone number so getting in touch with him isn't so quick. Just wanted to see what everyone thought.
Mschiano. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2014, 06:33 PM   #16903
04BlueBeach

04BlueBeach is an unknown quantity at this point
Small Questions Thread (SEARCH FIRST! Use this instead of making NEW threads)

My 1997 240sx has a S13 Transmission in it. I bought a new Bradded Steal Clutch Line because The old One needed Replaced. My Problem is I tightened the Nut as far as I could on the Slave end of the Line but the Line itself is still a little loose and is leaking. Is there anyway that I can Fix This? Like an O-Ring of some type? Is it because It's an S13 Slave instead of an S14 slave?
04BlueBeach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2014, 09:05 PM   #16904
mau5trap
Zilvia FREAK!

Can someone tell me the jack stand points for a s14. Sorry I'm new with s14's.

edit:

Quote:
not sure if you saw the previous post, but it ended up being the starter.
Old 07-12-2014, 09:30 PM   #16905
240sxdrive

240sxdrive is an unknown quantity at this point
I'm trying to connect an iat sensor to my power fc for s13 blacktop sr.

I need to connect the red wire to pin 26 and black to pin 21 or any ground or splice them into existing wires if they're present.

This is what I'm dealing with.

The ground wires from pin 21 and 39 are soldered together. They don't lead to one wire though, both wires come out of the ecu, are soldered together then continue with two wires lol. I can probably just clip the joint and make them individual but the weird part is that the blue wire coming from pin 26 connects to that soldered joint. So I have 3 wires, #26 blue, #21 and #39 black all connected, then two black wires leading from them into the engine bay. On top of that there is a dial connected to the blue wire. WTF is going on here lol.
240sxdrive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2014, 12:49 AM   #16906
heiyuu
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (6)
heiyuu is close to perfectionheiyuu is close to perfectionheiyuu is close to perfectionheiyuu is close to perfectionheiyuu is close to perfectionheiyuu is close to perfectionheiyuu is close to perfectionheiyuu is close to perfectionheiyuu is close to perfectionheiyuu is close to perfectionheiyuu is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 6 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by heiyuu View Post

looks like a cusco painted pink
bump, anyone know if this bolt in s14 cage will work on an s13, or what is needed to be done make it work?
Old 07-13-2014, 01:09 AM   #16907
WERDdabuilder
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (17)
WERDdabuilder is close to perfectionWERDdabuilder is close to perfectionWERDdabuilder is close to perfectionWERDdabuilder is close to perfectionWERDdabuilder is close to perfectionWERDdabuilder is close to perfectionWERDdabuilder is close to perfectionWERDdabuilder is close to perfectionWERDdabuilder is close to perfectionWERDdabuilder is close to perfectionWERDdabuilder is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 17 reviews
Quote:
Can someone tell me the jack stand points for a s14. Sorry I'm new with s14's.
http://zilvia.net/f/showpost.php?p=1381140&postcount=37

No different than s13. I should make pinch weld adapters out of hockey pukes soon.
Old 07-13-2014, 07:56 AM   #16908
I'm Redline
Zilvia Addict

I'm Redline is a name known to allI'm Redline is a name known to allI'm Redline is a name known to allI'm Redline is a name known to allI'm Redline is a name known to allI'm Redline is a name known to allI'm Redline is a name known to allI'm Redline is a name known to allI'm Redline is a name known to allI'm Redline is a name known to allI'm Redline is a name known to all
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mschiano. View Post

I know exactly whats going on. Those came from a different car in a trade, ro the guy had the tires on one set of wheels and traded those for these wheels, but the 205- 40-17's don;t quite fit right on the s chassis.

I had a set of what were supposed to be 5x114.3 G-Games clones that turned out to bex100, so I swapped the wheels for a set of Infiniti Enkie Hyper's at the local shop. The rear tires were fine, normal stock gap at 215-45-17, the fronts, however, at 205-45-17 give the front of the car that certain 4x4 status. Those wheels would probably ft a taller 215 perfectly.
If you totally hate the whole package, send them my way, I'll get some adapters and put them on my 1993 Sentra SE-R for perfect fitment
Old 07-13-2014, 04:33 PM   #16909
mau5trap
Zilvia FREAK!

vatozone or o'reilly auto parts starter???
Old 07-13-2014, 05:14 PM   #16910
VNG704
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (17)
VNG704 has a reputation beyond reputeVNG704 has a reputation beyond reputeVNG704 has a reputation beyond reputeVNG704 has a reputation beyond reputeVNG704 has a reputation beyond reputeVNG704 has a reputation beyond reputeVNG704 has a reputation beyond reputeVNG704 has a reputation beyond reputeVNG704 has a reputation beyond reputeVNG704 has a reputation beyond reputeVNG704 has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 17 reviews
Quote:
Which ever is more affordable. Same thing pretty much.
VNG704 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2014, 05:39 PM   #16911
kingkilburn
Philosopher King

kingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfection
Any resources on the OBD1 KA upper engine harness? I need to cut into mine and trouble shoot the thing and would rather not be going in blind.
Old 07-13-2014, 05:55 PM   #16912
mau5trap
Zilvia FREAK!

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by VNG704 View Post
Which ever is more affordable. Same thing pretty much.
I can get them both for the same price..
oreiley carries ultima starters
&
auto zone carries duralast starters
Old 07-14-2014, 04:17 AM   #16913
David48
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (11)
David48 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 11 reviews
Send a message via AIM to David48
I just dropped an SR into my S13. I pulled the KA out and it ran good and had no problems. Now it cranks but the fuel pump is getting no power. The fuse is good. I also noticed that now with the key out, the dash warning lights(brake, door, seat belt) will stay on as though the key is in, and the automatic seat belts still retract when you close the door with the key out. I'm not sure if they're all related or not, but has anyone ever had this problem?
Old 07-14-2014, 01:07 PM   #16914
_kouki_monster_
Leaky Injector

_kouki_monster_ is an unknown quantity at this point
I am doing a rb20 swap in my 89 s13 and working on hooking up power steering. So i cut the old crimp shells and took off the hoses. Inside the hoses the are some coiled steel pieces. Anyone know what they are? I was thinking some sort of resistor or something? How will it effect steering if they arent there? Thanks
_kouki_monster_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2014, 01:36 PM   #16915
rebornS14
Zilvia FREAK!

Quote:

i would stay away from anything "autozone" branded like DURALAST crap
Old 07-14-2014, 08:09 PM   #16916
mau5trap
Zilvia FREAK!

how do i test just the solenoid pinion on a s14 starter?
Old 07-14-2014, 08:11 PM   #16917
theStig880
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (4)
theStig880 is on a distinguished road
Feedback Score: 4 reviews
I recently finished an SR swap in my s13 and Im having a mystery clutch issue Im hoping someone can help me with. Some background information, its an Exedy Stage 1, oem (freshly resurfaced) flywheel, Exedy throwout bearing, and a Nissan pilot bushing all on a mostly stock powered redtop. Im also using a known good Nissan clutch slave.

When I first finished the swap, the clutch engagement seemed to be really low on the floor. I bled the clutch several times and adjusted the engagement point higher but the clutch still feels off. By that I mean it feels all on or off with no middle ground. This leads to stalls and jerky shifts. The clutch has not been broken in yet, I have 3 miles since the swap. If anyone has a suggestion, I am all for it
theStig880 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2014, 08:22 PM   #16918
Reece
Nissanaholic!

Reece is not welcome here anymoreReece is not welcome here anymoreReece is not welcome here anymoreReece is not welcome here anymoreReece is not welcome here anymoreReece is not welcome here anymoreReece is not welcome here anymoreReece is not welcome here anymoreReece is not welcome here anymore
Quote:
Originally Posted by David48 View Post
I just dropped an SR into my S13. I pulled the KA out and it ran good and had no problems. Now it cranks but the fuel pump is getting no power. The fuse is good. I also noticed that now with the key out, the dash warning lights(brake, door, seat belt) will stay on as though the key is in, and the automatic seat belts still retract when you close the door with the key out. I'm not sure if they're all related or not, but has anyone ever had this problem?
My car used to do the second part. Did you press that button right above the key when you took the key out? If you don't do that, sometimes the lights will stay on.
Reece is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2014, 08:26 PM   #16919
David48
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (11)
David48 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 11 reviews
Send a message via AIM to David48
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reece View Post
My car used to do the second part. Did you press that button right above the key when you took the key out? If you don't do that, sometimes the lights will stay on.
The light issue literally just fixed itself. lol no idea what it was. My other issue was a fried ecu
Old 07-14-2014, 08:35 PM   #16920
coreyh
Leaky Injector

coreyh is an unknown quantity at this point
Does anyone know of a company that sells 50-60mm front fenders for an s13 silvia. everything ive seen shows blister, but its the whole kit.
coreyh is offline   Reply With Quote