Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Chat

Chat General Discussion About The Nissan 240SX and Nissan Z Cars

Old 05-04-2014, 01:37 PM   #16621
JBB
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (5)
JBB is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 5 reviews
If you want to realize the potential of the upgrade then probably yes -- if you change the flow characteristics of your engine you should definitely adjust your tune.
JBB is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 05-04-2014, 03:04 PM   #16622
Lompang
Leaky Injector

Trader Rating: (0)
Lompang is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Megan Coilovers are stuck in the rear can't move them at all with force. People recommend PB Blasting it every hour or so for a day then hit it with a hammer to loosen or heat it up as well and easy ways?
Lompang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2014, 03:19 PM   #16623
bmxer882x
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (3)
bmxer882x is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lompang View Post
Megan Coilovers are stuck in the rear can't move them at all with force. People recommend PB Blasting it every hour or so for a day then hit it with a hammer to loosen or heat it up as well and easy ways?
heat it with a propane torch. hold it on there for a while. then stick a pry bar in the lower mount with the top clamped and turn. itl screach loudly but itl break free. mine did.

have a question of my own. Just applied an exedy stage 2 clutch and the pedal doesnt have any feel until the bottom inch of travel. I know i need to adjust it still but it seems like a lot to adjust... do you normally have to rebleed it? (doesnt make since to me logically) currently the car is trapped in limited space so i dont want to start it and throw it in gear and it take off lol. thats why im asking on here rather than going and adjusting it right now.
bmxer882x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2014, 07:30 PM   #16624
solo_ryder
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (18)
solo_ryder is making a name for him/her selfsolo_ryder is making a name for him/her self
Feedback Score: 18 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by bmxer882x View Post
heat it with a propane torch. hold it on there for a while. then stick a pry bar in the lower mount with the top clamped and turn. itl screach loudly but itl break free. mine did.

have a question of my own. Just applied an exedy stage 2 clutch and the pedal doesnt have any feel until the bottom inch of travel. I know i need to adjust it still but it seems like a lot to adjust... do you normally have to rebleed it? (doesnt make since to me logically) currently the car is trapped in limited space so i dont want to start it and throw it in gear and it take off lol. thats why im asking on here rather than going and adjusting it right now.
try bleeding the slave cyl first see if that helps
solo_ryder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2014, 09:59 PM   #16625
Irresistible
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (21)
Irresistible is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 21 reviews
Got clear lenses for my S14 headlights. What should I use to seal them when I put them on?

Also got LED tail lights, what should I use to create a seal when I put them in? I hear that the foam gasket things that they come with are garbage and leak water anyway.
Old 05-04-2014, 10:02 PM   #16626
juhd
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (9)
juhd is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 9 reviews
these are silk road rma8's and i dont have the spanner wrenches. anyone know which ones i could use that are similar to these?
[IMG][/IMG]
juhd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2014, 01:37 AM   #16627
Lompang
Leaky Injector

Lompang is an unknown quantity at this point
Can 12mm Flat spacers the ones without studs will clear fine on stock studs for enough clearance on the lug nuts to hold the rims?
Lompang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2014, 03:46 PM   #16628
cristss13

cristss13 is an unknown quantity at this point
I can't for the life of me fix a clunk i have in the rear of my s13. everything is tight and torqued. I have solid subframe bushings, new endlinks, rucas, toe rods, new wheel bearings, welded diff, coilovers.. I've tried all i can think of except today i was just messing with everything. I know the axle shaft should slide back and forth a little between the boots. But when i pull the axle outwards i hear a pop coming from the outer boot area. Can that be a sign of a bad axle? its torqued to the hub properly. If i push the shaft in it makes no noise but if i pul on the axle shaft towards the hub from the diff it makes a pop noise. Can this be what i am hearing? It's really bad around tight turns
cristss13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2014, 04:45 PM   #16629
Standard
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (11)
Standard has much to be proud ofStandard has much to be proud ofStandard has much to be proud ofStandard has much to be proud ofStandard has much to be proud ofStandard has much to be proud ofStandard has much to be proud ofStandard has much to be proud ofStandard has much to be proud ofStandard has much to be proud ofStandard has much to be proud of
Feedback Score: 11 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Irresistible View Post
Got clear lenses for my S14 headlights. What should I use to seal them when I put them on?

Also got LED tail lights, what should I use to create a seal when I put them in? I hear that the foam gasket things that they come with are garbage and leak water anyway.
Ive always used butyl tape for taillights, autozone or advance carries it. I believe i used a 3m product, theres another brand called dum dum, its also sometimes reffered to as ribbon sealer. You should be able to use the same thing for the headlight lenses, but ive heard of some people using silicon also.
Standard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2014, 05:58 AM   #16630
drift240sx87

drift240sx87 is an unknown quantity at this point
I got a 93 redtop and car runs fine in the afternoon but will not start in the am.. I'm at a loss... It's garage kept, battery is good, got fuel, plugs are new, car was rebuilt like 50 miles ago.. Any help?
drift240sx87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2014, 08:15 AM   #16631
Eddiesteez

Eddiesteez is an unknown quantity at this point
I need HELP!!! Wiring Harness Ka24e and Ka24de

Well I am currently doing a ka24e to ka24de swap.. I have everything but one thing that trips me out is this little connector. It is bigger on the dual cam one than on the single cam one, and Im not so sure what its for either. Can someone tell me what to do with it? I currently have a 1989 hatch and swapping in a 1993 ka24de. The one that was originally connected was the smaller one (ka24e).

https://imageshack.com/my/images

Above are the pics of both harnesses. Appreciate if someone helped me.
Eddiesteez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2014, 01:05 PM   #16632
VNG704
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (17)
VNG704 has a reputation beyond reputeVNG704 has a reputation beyond reputeVNG704 has a reputation beyond reputeVNG704 has a reputation beyond reputeVNG704 has a reputation beyond reputeVNG704 has a reputation beyond reputeVNG704 has a reputation beyond reputeVNG704 has a reputation beyond reputeVNG704 has a reputation beyond reputeVNG704 has a reputation beyond reputeVNG704 has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 17 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by solo_ryder View Post
Quick sr20 question.

If I have a redtop and swap over the t25 for a forced performance big t28 (gtir guts, t25 housing) will I need a retune if I run stock or just over stock boost pressures?
A tune, can help but your car will drive without the tune, just swapping that size turbo.

Last edited by VNG704; 05-07-2014 at 01:44 PM..
VNG704 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2014, 02:08 PM   #16633
acslater9
Zilvia Addict

acslater9 is an unknown quantity at this point
Check out this thread again. Hopefully I'll get some more feedback on what I should try next.

http://zilvia.net/f/showthread.php?p...09#post5628009
acslater9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2014, 12:23 PM   #16634
Agent S14
Zilvia Member

Agent S14 is making a name for him/her selfAgent S14 is making a name for him/her self
still having issues with my s15 sr im running very rich, i checked my fuel pump like i was told but my tomei fpr still reads it at 43 which is where it should be. it idles very weird, most days it wil idle at 900 rpm then sometimes at a stop itll be at 1200rpm and then on rare occasions it will idle at 2000rpms and it will die from time to time when i put it in neutral when i coast. if i always stay in gear it will not shut down. then i back fire from time to time throwing i baby white puff of smoke. Oh and also i have to hold the gas pedal to start the car.does anyone have any ideas what i should check? starting to think my main engine wiring harness or ecu may be bad. any help i would greatly apprciate.
Agent S14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2014, 03:24 PM   #16635
blksylv
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (33)
blksylv is not welcome here anymoreblksylv is not welcome here anymoreblksylv is not welcome here anymoreblksylv is not welcome here anymoreblksylv is not welcome here anymoreblksylv is not welcome here anymoreblksylv is not welcome here anymoreblksylv is not welcome here anymoreblksylv is not welcome here anymore
Feedback Score: 33 reviews
Does anybody know if you have to run a single or double contact horn button for a nardi steering wheel in an s14 and is it dependent on which hub you use? I plan on running a works bell short hub?
there is nothing wrong with enjoying the build. however, we sometimes have to remind ourselves that the build is only one part of the puzzle, and that ultimately - enjoying and driving the car is the number one priority.
blksylv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2014, 09:29 AM   #16636
Supra_Lover

Supra_Lover is an unknown quantity at this point
Im looking at an s13 240sx to buy. There's a problem with it, the owner says the car will start but when he pushes the GAS the car turns off. I am guessing its the fuel pump or something to do with the fuel system is mest up. What do you guys think? And is it worth buying?

Sent from my SGH-M919 using Tapatalk
Supra_Lover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2014, 09:38 AM   #16637
JrDarknes
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (7)
JrDarknes has much to be proud ofJrDarknes has much to be proud ofJrDarknes has much to be proud ofJrDarknes has much to be proud ofJrDarknes has much to be proud ofJrDarknes has much to be proud ofJrDarknes has much to be proud ofJrDarknes has much to be proud ofJrDarknes has much to be proud ofJrDarknes has much to be proud ofJrDarknes has much to be proud of
Feedback Score: 7 reviews
Wheres the windshield wiper fuse?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 05-09-2014, 10:01 AM   #16638
acslater9
Zilvia Addict

Are you able to remove the quarter panel of a kouki to replace it? Like one does with the fenders, Thanks.
Old 05-09-2014, 11:48 AM   #16639
Irresistible
Nissanaholic!

Irresistible is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by acslater9 View Post
Are you able to remove the quarter panel of a kouki to replace it? Like one does with the fenders, Thanks.
Yeah, by cutting it out and welding in a new one.
Old 05-09-2014, 12:11 PM   #16640
acslater9
Zilvia Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Irresistible View Post
Yeah, by cutting it out and welding in a new one.
Figured just wanted to see if it was possible without doing that. Anyways what about a damaged kouki bumper? Can that be replaced with a Zenki bumper? And vise-versa.
Old 05-09-2014, 12:13 PM   #16641
Nissansota240
Zilvia FREAK!

Nissansota240 is just really niceNissansota240 is just really niceNissansota240 is just really niceNissansota240 is just really niceNissansota240 is just really niceNissansota240 is just really niceNissansota240 is just really niceNissansota240 is just really nice
Quote:
Figured just wanted to see if it was possible without doing that. Anyways what about a damaged kouki bumper? Can that be replaced with a Zenki bumper? And vise-versa.

NO, Just NO
Old 05-09-2014, 12:18 PM   #16642
acslater9
Zilvia Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nissansota240 View Post
NO, Just NO
What? I'm guessing you don't like when people switch over bumpers??
Old 05-09-2014, 12:19 PM   #16643
JBB
Zilvia Junkie

JBB is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
yes.

technically you can make anything fit any car...if youve got enough time or money
JBB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2014, 01:35 PM   #16644
S14DB
AFC #1

S14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfection
Quote:
What? I'm guessing you don't like when people switch over bumpers??
Front, No. The headlights are different so the top lip of the bumper is different. You'll have a big gap between the headlights and the bumper.
Rears are the same.
Old 05-09-2014, 04:56 PM   #16645
acslater9
Zilvia Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by S14DB View Post
Front, No. The headlights are different so the top lip of the bumper is different. You'll have a big gap between the headlights and the bumper.
Rears are the same.
That's good to know, thanks.
Old 05-10-2014, 06:51 AM   #16646
I'm Redline
Zilvia Addict

I'm Redline is a name known to allI'm Redline is a name known to allI'm Redline is a name known to allI'm Redline is a name known to allI'm Redline is a name known to allI'm Redline is a name known to allI'm Redline is a name known to allI'm Redline is a name known to allI'm Redline is a name known to allI'm Redline is a name known to allI'm Redline is a name known to all
Quote:
Originally Posted by Supra_Lover View Post
Im looking at an s13 240sx to buy. There's a problem with it, the owner says the car will start but when he pushes the GAS the car turns off. I am guessing its the fuel pump or something to do with the fuel system is mest up. What do you guys think? And is it worth buying?

Sent from my SGH-M919 using Tapatalk
Throttle Position Sensor, ECU, or fuel injection/fuel pump issue
Either way if the car idles, and all other aspects are fine, buy it, then repair it. If you can't any competent shop that deals with 240's can
Old 05-10-2014, 06:41 PM   #16647
Nikzilla
Zilvia Member

Nikzilla is an unknown quantity at this point
Does an oil cooler intercept the oil lines or just Tee's off it?

The reason I'm asking is this.

If Oil Coolers use thermostats, then wouldn't that block off the oil flow? So that means that the oil cooler is Tee'd off from the lines, which means that a lot of the oil bypasses the oil cooler and results in uneven cooling.

That doesn't make sense to me. Other radiator systems, like the coolant system for example, don't allow any flow to bypass the radiator.
Nikzilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2014, 07:38 PM   #16648
Diego9777
Leaky Injector

Diego9777 is an unknown quantity at this point
Few questions.. Any sort of help is appreciated!

1)Check engine light turns off and on, for example when I am on the freeway for a long time in 5th gear or 4th gear in the street, the light turns on and then turns off and it just repeats.. I remember seeing somewhere around Zilvia that it could be an EGR code, possibly that? I am just too lazy to go into my s13 and manually check the code from the ECU because last time I was trying to do it, there was a screw I couldn't reach but I should actually do it for once soon haha. What should I do, clean the EGR or replace it with a new one?

2) My idle is pretty rough at times, sometimes it manages to stay in place and idle great. However sometimes it drops up and down and then eventually idles really low like around 500 rpms so what could this be? Could it be the IACV, TPS malfunction, Throttle Cable loose..? I have bolt ons like a CAI intake, Headers, Exhaust system, could it be that, that causes it to idle shitty and I have to adjust that screw thing on the side of the block? Totally don't know what could be causing the shitty idle because the idle is an earthquake inside the car lol. How should I fix this?

Thanks fellow Zilvians, stay well brethrens!
Diego9777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2014, 06:29 AM   #16649
VNG704
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (17)
VNG704 has a reputation beyond reputeVNG704 has a reputation beyond reputeVNG704 has a reputation beyond reputeVNG704 has a reputation beyond reputeVNG704 has a reputation beyond reputeVNG704 has a reputation beyond reputeVNG704 has a reputation beyond reputeVNG704 has a reputation beyond reputeVNG704 has a reputation beyond reputeVNG704 has a reputation beyond reputeVNG704 has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 17 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Diego9777 View Post

1)Check engine light turns off and on, for example when I am on the freeway for a long time in 5th gear or 4th gear in the street, the light turns on and then turns off and it just repeats.. I remember seeing somewhere around Zilvia that it could be an EGR code, possibly that? I am just too lazy to go into my s13 and manually check the code from the ECU because last time I was trying to do it, there was a screw I couldn't reach but I should actually do it for once soon haha. What should I do, clean the EGR or replace it with a new one?

2) My idle is pretty rough at times, sometimes it manages to stay in place and idle great. However sometimes it drops up and down and then eventually idles really low like around 500 rpms so what could this be? Could it be the IACV, TPS malfunction, Throttle Cable loose..? I have bolt ons like a CAI intake, Headers, Exhaust system, could it be that, that causes it to idle shitty and I have to adjust that screw thing on the side of the block? Totally don't know what could be causing the shitty idle because the idle is an earthquake inside the car lol. How should I fix this?

Check codes. Might help for both problems. Don't be lazy.
VNG704 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2014, 07:27 AM   #16650
I'm Redline
Zilvia Addict

I'm Redline is a name known to allI'm Redline is a name known to allI'm Redline is a name known to allI'm Redline is a name known to allI'm Redline is a name known to allI'm Redline is a name known to allI'm Redline is a name known to allI'm Redline is a name known to allI'm Redline is a name known to allI'm Redline is a name known to allI'm Redline is a name known to all
Quote:
Originally Posted by Diego9777 View Post

Screw checking the codes on this/these issues. Waste Time, brah. Get a N/A tune for 'bolt ons' from Enthalpy, or JWT and be done with it.
What you describe is exactly what was going on with my car(S14 zenki). I swapped out the ECU for a NA tune for 93 OCtane and basic bolt ons from Martin at RS Enthalpy and all of it, to include CEL went away, car runs hard, and idle quality is just fine