Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Chat

Chat General Discussion About The Nissan 240SX and Nissan Z Cars

Old 01-19-2014, 03:21 PM   #15901
sidewayzzenki

Trader Rating: (0)
sidewayzzenki is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Sup guys. I was anybody know where I can get my diff welded in OC area?. Any suggestions on what shop? Wanna go some place with a good rep for doing this.
sidewayzzenki is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 01-19-2014, 05:29 PM   #15902
snow hawk
Leaky Injector

snow hawk is making a name for him/her selfsnow hawk is making a name for him/her self
can anyone tell me how this headlight setup is done? it looks so damn dope, and I wanna do it on my coupe..

Old 01-20-2014, 01:10 AM   #15903
89hatchman
Zilvia Member

89hatchman is an unknown quantity at this point
How do you tell who sells genuine OEM nissan stuff?

S13 s14 Nissan SR20DET Timing Chain Kit Silvia 180sx 200SX 240sx | eBay Claims to sell OE components

and FRSPORT 13028-53J03 Kit OE Complete Timing Chain Kit S13 S14 S15 SR20DET claims to sell OE components

of course if they're both real OE stuff you'd want to go with the cheaper set. But there must be a catch here....

also

What set of bushings would you buy?
http://www.frsport.com/DIF-10038-Sol...4_p_15144.html
http://www.frsport.com/Stance-ST-42-...4_p_26421.html

Is it necessary to raise the subframe slightly for lowered vehicle suspension geometry? Does the style difference matter? DIF using 2 halves per bushing and stance using just one piece?
89hatchman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2014, 08:04 AM   #15904
I'm Redline
Zilvia Addict

I'm Redline is a name known to allI'm Redline is a name known to allI'm Redline is a name known to allI'm Redline is a name known to allI'm Redline is a name known to allI'm Redline is a name known to allI'm Redline is a name known to allI'm Redline is a name known to allI'm Redline is a name known to allI'm Redline is a name known to allI'm Redline is a name known to all
Quote:
Originally Posted by DialedLife View Post
So, I can just unbolt my cat from my downpipe and just ram a pipe through it right? But wouldn't the crap just get stuck in the resonator?
No, unbolt the cat from teh system then do that, or just replace it with a test pipe/fake cat

Quote:
Originally Posted by 89hatchman View Post
How do you tell who sells genuine OEM nissan stuff?

S13 s14 Nissan SR20DET Timing Chain Kit Silvia 180sx 200SX 240sx | eBay Claims to sell OE components

and FRSPORT 13028-53J03 Kit OE Complete Timing Chain Kit S13 S14 S15 SR20DET claims to sell OE components

of course if they're both real OE stuff you'd want to go with the cheaper set. But there must be a catch here....

also

What set of bushings would you buy?
DIF 10038 Solid Rear Subframe Bushing Anodized Black S13/14
Stance ST-42 Aluminum Subframe Bushing Set Nissan S13 S14

Is it necessary to raise the subframe slightly for lowered vehicle suspension geometry? Does the style difference matter? DIF using 2 halves per bushing and stance using just one piece?
ON Nissan OE from either Enjuku or FRSport, all teh OE items I bought from both came in Nissan labeled packaging, to include my black 'S' hood badge. OE from Japan is still easy to get for a lot of parts for now. If you doubt it, check Nissanpartszone.com
Old 01-20-2014, 11:31 AM   #15905
89hatchman
Zilvia Member

Would this fuel pressure regulator work for e85, 300-350 whp?

Tomei 185002 Fuel Pressure Regulator Type L (Large Diaphragm)

I've been reading that you either want it at 3 bar fuel pressure at idle or 4 bar, although 4 bar puts more strain on things but atomizes better. I've read through this whole description and it doesn't mention anything about 3 or 4 bar, or if its linear or not, or even if its adjustable.
Old 01-20-2014, 11:46 AM   #15906
FriknAndre
Leaky Injector

FriknAndre is an unknown quantity at this point
Hey whats up everybody I have a silly question, but just figured I'd ask anyways..
I have a friend thats selling an LSD that belonged to an S14 and I was wondering if it might fit on my S13. He wasnt too sure when I asked him and I dont want to try to put it on just to find out it wont fit, so if anybody knows please share your knowledge and educate a fool like myself. Lol
FriknAndre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2014, 11:58 AM   #15907
Nissansota240
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (21)
Nissansota240 is just really niceNissansota240 is just really niceNissansota240 is just really niceNissansota240 is just really niceNissansota240 is just really niceNissansota240 is just really niceNissansota240 is just really niceNissansota240 is just really nice
Feedback Score: 21 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by FriknAndre View Post
Hey whats up everybody I have a silly question, but just figured I'd ask anyways..
I have a friend thats selling an LSD that belonged to an S14 and I was wondering if it might fit on my S13. He wasnt too sure when I asked him and I dont want to try to put it on just to find out it wont fit, so if anybody knows please share your knowledge and educate a fool like myself. Lol
Yes it will fit, just swap dif covers.
Old 01-20-2014, 12:01 PM   #15908
FriknAndre
Leaky Injector

FriknAndre is an unknown quantity at this point
Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nissansota240 View Post
Yes it will fit, just swap dif covers.
Thank you sir.
FriknAndre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2014, 12:03 PM   #15909
Thedriftbadger
Zilvia Junkie

Thedriftbadger is an unknown quantity at this point
The downpipe i just picked up has the o2 sensor bung like 2 inches fromthe turbo. It seems way too close. Its for the sensor that goes to the ecu, Not the wideband. Is this location ok? Or should i move it further down stream?

Edit: i see on the stock sr turbo elbow the sensor is also really close. So i guess thats means its ok.
Thedriftbadger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2014, 01:41 PM   #15910
ChadMcGarity
Leaky Injector

ChadMcGarity is an unknown quantity at this point
Couple of questions:

Do I HAVE to use insulated wire when extending the MAF over on a LHD 240sx swap. Does anyone have a link to a pic of a harness thats been converted?

Looking to really stance out my car, I am looking at every part that SPL makes, Do I also need to puchase a LCA to run 6 degrees on the front?

Thanks a Million guys
Old 01-20-2014, 07:03 PM   #15911
moto21
Leaky Injector

moto21 is an unknown quantity at this point

How do you adjust the height on a two collar coilover like this?
I've never had one like this before so height adjustment wasn't a problem, but i think after i adjust the collars to proper height to i adjust the knob on bottom to lower the top plate?

thanks
moto21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2014, 08:02 PM   #15912
89hatchman
Zilvia Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChadMcGarity View Post
Couple of questions:

Do I HAVE to use insulated wire when extending the MAF over on a LHD 240sx swap. Does anyone have a link to a pic of a harness thats been converted?

Looking to really stance out my car, I am looking at every part that SPL makes, Do I also need to puchase a LCA to run 6 degrees on the front?

Thanks a Million guys
when I did my extension I just ran wires. No insulation, just electrical tape and loom. Everything seems to work

I think 5 degrees in the front might be the limit for most coil overs. I'd say just extend and weld your LCA for the 6 degrees. Pretty easy. I did it with a harbor freight welder and no welding experience (just read up on the gist of welding) and it's held strong so far for 1 season of drifting.
Old 01-20-2014, 08:06 PM   #15913
codyace
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (58)
codyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 58 reviews
Send a message via AIM to codyace
Quote:
Originally Posted by SrZenkeh View Post
Just a quick boost gauge question here..
I bought this car law month and have been going through it and have basically had to undo and redo most of the things done to it. Now onto the question, here's how they have the boost gauge vacuum line running, T's off of the vacuum line to the left of the TB that the BOV is also T'd off of, not saying this isn't correct basically just checking because I'm new to turbo cars, guage shows -15 at idle but I'm not sure what it shows while under load as I've never really had it on the road. Everything seem legit?

Yup, that'll work. I personally don't like sourcing that close to the TB nor do I like T'ing into things, but they do work. I like keeping all sources seperate and into the manifold more to help with potential troubleshooting.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BOOGS! View Post
I know. I want to set the preload to zero. What I'm curious about is, does it matter if only 1 wheel is off the ground when I do it. Or should the 2 corresponding wheels both be off the ground. Like say I'm doing the front, both front wheels should be off the ground. Versus one corner a time
Ahhhh I mis understood you. Yes you want all load off the coilover you are adjusting, so you could in theory do one side of the car a time. You'll need to take the wheel off that side to do it so you can get the tools in. Just back the sleeve adjuster nuts both off until the spring is not tight (as you can shake it around). Then run the first adjuster up to the bottom of the spring is snug, then bring the other nut up and lock them together (righten them against each other) and you'll be good.

Quote:
Originally Posted by inuyasha3466 View Post
Does anyone know if this is the 3M vinyl wrap?
Hard to say with those pics. Looks painted to me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 89hatchman View Post
Would this fuel pressure regulator work for e85, 300-350 whp?

Tomei 185002 Fuel Pressure Regulator Type L (Large Diaphragm)

I've been reading that you either want it at 3 bar fuel pressure at idle or 4 bar, although 4 bar puts more strain on things but atomizes better. I've read through this whole description and it doesn't mention anything about 3 or 4 bar, or if its linear or not, or even if its adjustable.

That will be perfectly fine. YOu want to keep the base fuel pressure the same as what your tune is setup for. You can essentially set base fuel pressure at 50, so long as the tune is based off that value.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thedriftbadger View Post
The downpipe i just picked up has the o2 sensor bung like 2 inches fromthe turbo. It seems way too close. Its for the sensor that goes to the ecu, Not the wideband. Is this location ok? Or should i move it further down stream?

Edit: i see on the stock sr turbo elbow the sensor is also really close. So i guess thats means its ok.
You'll be totally fine

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChadMcGarity View Post
Couple of questions:

Thanks a Million guys
No you don't need to sheild the wire

And in -6* yikes! Just make sure you'll be able to adjust caster and have adjustment in your tie rods to even get that close. -6 is bazaar!

Quote:
Originally Posted by moto21 View Post

How do you adjust the height on a two collar coilover like this?
I've never had one like this before so height adjustment wasn't a problem, but i think after i adjust the collars to proper height to i adjust the knob on bottom to lower the top plate?

thanks
The knob is for rebound or compression. The opposite knob will be on top.

Now as far as to adjust height, you'll need to raise or lower the perch thta the spring sits on. Lower static height, just lower the adjuster.

Want Air Conditioning in your SR20 Swapped car? Check out www.sr20acbrackets.com for more information!

Quest Alternator Conversions for SR20! Check my Group Buy!

Tired of lousy internal gates? Go external wastegate with one of my manifolds, Check out my group buy
codyace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2014, 08:19 PM   #15914
the-rusty-240
Leaky Injector

Trader Rating: (1)
the-rusty-240 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Can anyone tell me what lip this is? I think it's the oem se one?
Attached Images
File Type: jpg uploadfromtaptalk1390274358546.jpg (47.3 KB, 10 views)
the-rusty-240 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2014, 09:52 PM   #15915
Mikester
Nissanaholic!

Mikester is a well-known jackass
Looking for a high-quality, performance shock/strut combo for S13... something with front camber plates & maybe with decent options to lower the car without going stupid low. Pissed Nismo doesn't make them for 13's anymore Any ideas?

For the record, I have HKS Hipermax Performer coils... Looking to sell them off & simplify.
Old 01-20-2014, 10:06 PM   #15916
mr.nismo.
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (31)
mr.nismo. has a reputation beyond reputemr.nismo. has a reputation beyond reputemr.nismo. has a reputation beyond reputemr.nismo. has a reputation beyond reputemr.nismo. has a reputation beyond reputemr.nismo. has a reputation beyond reputemr.nismo. has a reputation beyond reputemr.nismo. has a reputation beyond reputemr.nismo. has a reputation beyond reputemr.nismo. has a reputation beyond reputemr.nismo. has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 31 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikester View Post
Looking for a high-quality, performance shock/strut combo for S13... something with front camber plates & maybe with decent options to lower the car without going stupid low. Pissed Nismo doesn't make them for 13's anymore Any ideas?

For the record, I have HKS Hipermax Performer coils... Looking to sell them off & simplify.

I loveeee my Tein super drifts can't go wrong mike.
mr.nismo. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2014, 10:07 PM   #15917
89hatchman
Zilvia Member

what are these 3 plugs (2 gray 1 brown) used for? I bought this 89 coupe off a guy and he had really gone to town on the wiring. Shitty job with crimp connections and everything. He told me the car used to be an auto so I assume that's what these are for. Just double checking that I can run my car with a 5 speed manual SR20DET without these plugs?

I really only need the speed sensor working on the transmission. Everything else is unnecessary.

Old 01-20-2014, 10:30 PM   #15918
e1_griego
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (24)
e1_griego has a reputation beyond reputee1_griego has a reputation beyond reputee1_griego has a reputation beyond reputee1_griego has a reputation beyond reputee1_griego has a reputation beyond reputee1_griego has a reputation beyond reputee1_griego has a reputation beyond reputee1_griego has a reputation beyond reputee1_griego has a reputation beyond reputee1_griego has a reputation beyond reputee1_griego has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 24 reviews
Yeah, those are part of the auto wiring.

There is a 4th plug underneath that you'll need to jump to allow the car to turn over.

Look up 5spd swap wiring if you can find the other plug.
e1_griego is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2014, 10:31 PM   #15919
e1_griego
Post Whore!

e1_griego has a reputation beyond reputee1_griego has a reputation beyond reputee1_griego has a reputation beyond reputee1_griego has a reputation beyond reputee1_griego has a reputation beyond reputee1_griego has a reputation beyond reputee1_griego has a reputation beyond reputee1_griego has a reputation beyond reputee1_griego has a reputation beyond reputee1_griego has a reputation beyond reputee1_griego has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikester View Post

Konis.

Ground control sells 8610/yellow combo which is bolt-in, or piece together your own setup (preferred).

You'll enjoy real shocks. Ditch the megan outer tie rods while you're at it and never look back.
Old 01-20-2014, 10:53 PM   #15920
89hatchman
Zilvia Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by e1_griego View Post
Yeah, those are part of the auto wiring.

There is a 4th plug underneath that you'll need to jump to allow the car to turn over.

Look up 5spd swap wiring if you can find the other plug.
Cool, I think the previous owner routed it to the front of the fuse box, I know what you're talking about. I should be good then.
Old 01-20-2014, 11:21 PM   #15921
DialedLife
Zilvia Member

DialedLife is an unknown quantity at this point
Thanks Badger and Redline!
DialedLife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2014, 01:25 AM   #15922
chato de shamrock
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (1)
chato de shamrock is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
My 1996 daily driver is slightly lowered to where if you looked at it from the side it seems the center of the wheelwell and top of the tire are about touching each other. I'm currently driving around on 18x9's 225/40 tires and with the stock spare tire in the trunk, a 15x5 or thereabout. I mounted the spare to see if i can drive around in it should i get a flat tire. It works but it drops the corner the spare is mounted on so much (about 4 fingers off the ground if i remember correctly) i'd have to drive very slow and carefully and would have one hell of a time getting up driveways. I want to keep my trunk accessible for my daily routines; work, grocery shopping, etc but i'd like to have a larger spare so my car doesn't sit so damn low with the spare on.

My question is how wide or big a wheel/tire can i get to fit in the spare tire space of my trunk and avoid having the board and rug be all wobbly in the center. I'd like the board to remain seated flush and not protrude upwards because of a wide wheel. What sizes have worked for you guys? Links to this topic would also help. I'm almost certain I read about this a while ago but after searching on here and coming up short, i'm wondering if it was some other website I read this about.

Thanks in advanced.
chato de shamrock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2014, 09:21 AM   #15923
Mikester
Nissanaholic!

Mikester is a well-known jackass
Quote:
Konis.

Ground control sells 8610/yellow combo which is bolt-in, or piece together your own setup (preferred).

You'll enjoy real shocks. Ditch the megan outer tie rods while you're at it and never look back.
LOL I wouldn't be caught dead with Megan ANYTHING

My inners/outers are Circuit Sports and I rike them. I just do spirited driving and occasional drag racing... However, I do like the 'direct' feel sensation between my hands and the road; so I will likely never go back to an OEM tie rod end. That being said, the HKS coils are amazing and very forgiving... but I still crave a smoother ride if that makes sense. Thanks for the reply brotha- I will look into them!
Old 01-21-2014, 09:31 AM   #15924
e1_griego
Post Whore!

CS, Megan -- same thing.

Koni setup has a DIY on here, but you can do it cheaper if you run z32 or eclipse yellows in back and just do custom housings and race shocks in front.
Old 01-21-2014, 01:09 PM   #15925
KevinEdgar
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (19)
KevinEdgar is a name known to allKevinEdgar is a name known to allKevinEdgar is a name known to allKevinEdgar is a name known to allKevinEdgar is a name known to allKevinEdgar is a name known to allKevinEdgar is a name known to allKevinEdgar is a name known to allKevinEdgar is a name known to allKevinEdgar is a name known to allKevinEdgar is a name known to all
Feedback Score: 19 reviews
Quote:
CS, Megan -- same thing.
I'm glad I wasn't the only one thinking this...

http://milktea-man.com
KevinEdgar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2014, 03:53 PM   #15926
Thedriftbadger
Zilvia Junkie

Thedriftbadger is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by chato de shamrock View Post
My 1996 daily driver is slightly lowered to where if you looked at it from the side it seems the center of the wheelwell and top of the tire are about touching each other. I'm currently driving around on 18x9's 225/40 tires and with the stock spare tire in the trunk, a 15x5 or thereabout. I mounted the spare to see if i can drive around in it should i get a flat tire. It works but it drops the corner the spare is mounted on so much (about 4 fingers off the ground if i remember correctly) i'd have to drive very slow and carefully and would have one hell of a time getting up driveways. I want to keep my trunk accessible for my daily routines; work, grocery shopping, etc but i'd like to have a larger spare so my car doesn't sit so damn low with the spare on.

My question is how wide or big a wheel/tire can i get to fit in the spare tire space of my trunk and avoid having the board and rug be all wobbly in the center. I'd like the board to remain seated flush and not protrude upwards because of a wide wheel. What sizes have worked for you guys? Links to this topic would also help. I'm almost certain I read about this a while ago but after searching on here and coming up short, i'm wondering if it was some other website I read this about.

Thanks in advanced.
Get a 15 inch stock wheel and put a 185-60-15 on it. Fits perfect.
Thedriftbadger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2014, 08:03 PM   #15927
89hatchman
Zilvia Member

What is a stand alone (MAP style) that can tune an SR20DET and a 1JZ or 2JZ? I'm running an SR right now and want to get something to tune it with that will work for a 1JZ in the future. Something under 2k for all the parts, ecu, harness, any random sensors, etc.

I was looking at haltech but it appears the one for 1800 or so only works well on 4 cylinders and isn't the greatest choice for anything more than 4.
Old 01-21-2014, 08:04 PM   #15928
va240dude
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (161)
va240dude is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 161 reviews
Anybody know how to remove this door glue/goo that comes on from the factory? Goo gone doesn't do anything haha

va240dude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2014, 08:07 PM   #15929
e1_griego
Post Whore!

Wax and grease remover. Like paint supply stuff.
Old 01-21-2014, 11:36 PM   #15930
hOngsterr
Bandwagon.

Trader Rating: (73)
hOngsterr is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 73 reviews
Send a message via AIM to hOngsterr
i hate that door stuff. like marshmallow goo lol

try a steamer
OCD isn't so bad just means you'll spend more money then most people, but you'll have a quality car not a POS put together with POS parts.
hOngsterr is offline   Reply With Quote