Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > Specific Topics > Off Topic Chat

Off Topic Chat All non related chat goes here.

Old 12-11-2010, 12:01 PM   #1501
Marcus
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (18)
Marcus is close to perfectionMarcus is close to perfectionMarcus is close to perfectionMarcus is close to perfectionMarcus is close to perfectionMarcus is close to perfectionMarcus is close to perfectionMarcus is close to perfectionMarcus is close to perfectionMarcus is close to perfectionMarcus is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 18 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Teddy View Post
The drifting in this game totally sucks donkey balls. I'm in it for the road racing now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcus View Post
dude. does anyone else HATE the drifting mode?

(in comparison to the prologue)

i seriously loved the way the cars handled while drifting in the prologue. (after the latest update that is)

the drifting mode seriously feels like some stupid arcade game. someone PLEASE tell me if im doing something wrong.

i have all driving aids off. please tell me theres like something in the options that changes the driving feel. (like the standard vs professional modes in the prologue)

i was largely disappointed by that. hopefully an update will straighten that out(?)

um yea. i was pissed about this immediately. but i kinda got over it, i guess you gotta make it so people dont get mad. the prologue was very accurate.
Marcus is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 12-11-2010, 12:17 PM   #1502
Weedm
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (5)
Weedm is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 5 reviews
at first i didnt like the drifting, but i got over it. it's not very realistic, but it is fun when you tandem with others.

nice list Vicious Cesar!
Old 12-11-2010, 12:26 PM   #1503
gearhead55
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (4)
gearhead55 is a glorious beacon of lightgearhead55 is a glorious beacon of lightgearhead55 is a glorious beacon of lightgearhead55 is a glorious beacon of lightgearhead55 is a glorious beacon of lightgearhead55 is a glorious beacon of lightgearhead55 is a glorious beacon of lightgearhead55 is a glorious beacon of lightgearhead55 is a glorious beacon of lightgearhead55 is a glorious beacon of lightgearhead55 is a glorious beacon of light
Feedback Score: 4 reviews
Quote:
killer2k1 is fast. in order for that to work, people have to have similar power levels and the same tires. I was drifting up on people who had comfort softs and i had sport mediums. kinda sucks

I really wanna do like 1on1 touge battles in like deep forest. AND reverse directions. That could be done and I think it would be SIICK(of course the room wouldnt be limited to only 2 people, but i guess 2run at a time.
its not that hard to have similar power level cars. All the s chassis are basically equivalent to rx7s and 350/370Zs. Killer2k1 and i were drifting super close last night, he was in a 370 hp (i think) s13, i was in the re amemiya fd with mid 300 hp, both on various types of sport tires.

the touge battle on deep forest sound like an awesome idea. as long as everyone in the room was down it would be really fun. if outside people came in it would get fucked up probably. i was in a room last night where there were like eight idiots just doing donuts in the middle of the straightaway. you had to dodge them just to get to the first corner. Shit like that would happen unless everyone was in on it ya know...
gearhead55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2010, 01:01 PM   #1504
Slammed Assassin
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (34)
Slammed Assassin has much to be proud ofSlammed Assassin has much to be proud ofSlammed Assassin has much to be proud ofSlammed Assassin has much to be proud ofSlammed Assassin has much to be proud ofSlammed Assassin has much to be proud ofSlammed Assassin has much to be proud ofSlammed Assassin has much to be proud ofSlammed Assassin has much to be proud ofSlammed Assassin has much to be proud ofSlammed Assassin has much to be proud of
Feedback Score: 34 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Slammed Assassin
has anyone started a zilvia room for today?
Old 12-11-2010, 01:10 PM   #1505
Magical Trevor
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (8)
Magical Trevor is a jewel in the roughMagical Trevor is a jewel in the roughMagical Trevor is a jewel in the roughMagical Trevor is a jewel in the roughMagical Trevor is a jewel in the roughMagical Trevor is a jewel in the roughMagical Trevor is a jewel in the roughMagical Trevor is a jewel in the rough
Feedback Score: 8 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Magical Trevor
I don't think so
Magical Trevor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2010, 02:01 PM   #1506
wangan_cruiser
kouki man

Trader Rating: (36)
wangan_cruiser is close to perfectionwangan_cruiser is close to perfectionwangan_cruiser is close to perfectionwangan_cruiser is close to perfectionwangan_cruiser is close to perfectionwangan_cruiser is close to perfectionwangan_cruiser is close to perfectionwangan_cruiser is close to perfectionwangan_cruiser is close to perfectionwangan_cruiser is close to perfectionwangan_cruiser is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 36 reviews
Send a message via AIM to wangan_cruiser
Quote:
Originally Posted by fckillerbee View Post
damn....that video makes me wanna buy the whole blamo.....

teddy is drifting hard?
what vid

msgs length
wangan_cruiser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2010, 02:01 PM   #1507
wangan_cruiser
kouki man

wangan_cruiser is close to perfectionwangan_cruiser is close to perfectionwangan_cruiser is close to perfectionwangan_cruiser is close to perfectionwangan_cruiser is close to perfectionwangan_cruiser is close to perfectionwangan_cruiser is close to perfectionwangan_cruiser is close to perfectionwangan_cruiser is close to perfectionwangan_cruiser is close to perfectionwangan_cruiser is close to perfection
Quote:
um yea. i was pissed about this immediately. but i kinda got over it, i guess you gotta make it so people dont get mad. the prologue was very accurate.
me drifting

YouTube - cape ring drift short course
Old 12-11-2010, 02:03 PM   #1508
wangan_cruiser
kouki man

Quote:
Originally Posted by gearhead55 View Post
its not that hard to have similar power level cars. All the s chassis are basically equivalent to rx7s and 350/370Zs. Killer2k1 and i were drifting super close last night, he was in a 370 hp (i think) s13, i was in the re amemiya fd with mid 300 hp, both on various types of sport tires.

the touge battle on deep forest sound like an awesome idea. as long as everyone in the room was down it would be really fun. if outside people came in it would get fucked up probably. i was in a room last night where there were like eight idiots just doing donuts in the middle of the straightaway. you had to dodge them just to get to the first corner. Shit like that would happen unless everyone was in on it ya know...
i was there last night playing with you guys by trial mountain driving the black silvia.

i think 300 to 380hp is ideal for drifting then you have to match your tires on how much you hp your car got.
Old 12-11-2010, 02:04 PM   #1509
keistyle
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (20)
keistyle has a reputation beyond reputekeistyle has a reputation beyond reputekeistyle has a reputation beyond reputekeistyle has a reputation beyond reputekeistyle has a reputation beyond reputekeistyle has a reputation beyond reputekeistyle has a reputation beyond reputekeistyle has a reputation beyond reputekeistyle has a reputation beyond reputekeistyle has a reputation beyond reputekeistyle has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 20 reviews
Send a message via AIM to keistyle
servers are down, they have been all morning.

I'm m0daL_-soUL, i think i've played with gear head too.
Old 12-11-2010, 02:04 PM   #1510
wangan_cruiser
kouki man

YouTube - trial mountain drift

black 180sx

me drifting again on a controller....LOL

ill post more vids when i get a chance.
Old 12-11-2010, 02:06 PM   #1511
wangan_cruiser
kouki man

ill be online too.
Old 12-11-2010, 02:25 PM   #1512
aziankingz
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (28)
aziankingz is just really niceaziankingz is just really niceaziankingz is just really niceaziankingz is just really niceaziankingz is just really niceaziankingz is just really niceaziankingz is just really niceaziankingz is just really niceaziankingz is just really niceaziankingz is just really nice
Feedback Score: 28 reviews
who else hates little bitches online who bitch and moan at people who do not know how to drift? its a game and should be for fun.. lol
aziankingz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2010, 02:39 PM   #1513
Weedm
Zilvia Addict

Weedm is an unknown quantity at this point
The only thing I REALLY dislike about the game is how you can't upgrade wheels on standard cars, and also the little modifications that can be done exterior wise.. NEED MORE MODS. Examples: Front bumper/lip, sides, rear, spoilers, etc..
Old 12-11-2010, 04:33 PM   #1514
KiLLeR2001
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (46)
KiLLeR2001 has much to be proud ofKiLLeR2001 has much to be proud ofKiLLeR2001 has much to be proud ofKiLLeR2001 has much to be proud ofKiLLeR2001 has much to be proud ofKiLLeR2001 has much to be proud ofKiLLeR2001 has much to be proud ofKiLLeR2001 has much to be proud ofKiLLeR2001 has much to be proud ofKiLLeR2001 has much to be proud ofKiLLeR2001 has much to be proud of
Feedback Score: 46 reviews
i suck ass on trial mountain lol, need more practice :|

edit: we should set up like an initial d type run on different tracks. Person in front has to maintain lead, if the person in the back gets too far behind by the time the first person finishes, second person loses. If the second person overtakes the first person (without bumping) second person wins. Cars should be restricted to 400 hp or less. If both cars maintain position and stick to each other, keep doing laps until someone messes up etc etc... I think it'd be really fun but we'd have to organize it well and everyone needs to be on the same page.
Old 12-11-2010, 04:59 PM   #1515
wangan_cruiser
kouki man

Quote:
Originally Posted by KiLLeR2001 View Post
i suck ass on trial mountain lol, need more practice :|

edit: we should set up like an initial d type run on different tracks. Person in front has to maintain lead, if the person in the back gets too far behind by the time the first person finishes, second person loses. If the second person overtakes the first person (without bumping) second person wins. Cars should be restricted to 400 hp or less. If both cars maintain position and stick to each other, keep doing laps until someone messes up etc etc... I think it'd be really fun but we'd have to organize it well and everyone needs to be on the same page.
i love trial mountain. ill be the lead on drifting lol. but the server is down sheesh...should set up the date for this event so everyone can prepare and know when to go online.
Old 12-11-2010, 05:36 PM   #1516
Flashman
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (10)
Flashman is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 10 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by driftking777 View Post
thanks for the drift session guys. first time out, much harder than i expected...does using a steering wheel make it easier?

remotes suck.
i feel that the wheel is harder for drifting cuz u cant full lock, full throttle drift as easy as with controller
Flashman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2010, 08:18 PM   #1517
gearhead55
Zilvia FREAK!

gearhead55 is a glorious beacon of lightgearhead55 is a glorious beacon of lightgearhead55 is a glorious beacon of lightgearhead55 is a glorious beacon of lightgearhead55 is a glorious beacon of lightgearhead55 is a glorious beacon of lightgearhead55 is a glorious beacon of lightgearhead55 is a glorious beacon of lightgearhead55 is a glorious beacon of lightgearhead55 is a glorious beacon of lightgearhead55 is a glorious beacon of light
Quote:
Originally Posted by Weedm View Post
The only thing I REALLY dislike about the game is how you can't upgrade wheels on standard cars, and also the little modifications that can be done exterior wise.. NEED MORE MODS. Examples: Front bumper/lip, sides, rear, spoilers, etc..
yea not being able to change rims pissed me off so bad when i first got GT5. now i don't stress about it, i just play with premium cars mostly.

Killer and Wangan, i like the idea, everyone being on the same page is key though or it'll get fucked up quickly. We should have the server name be something cryptic so only zilvia people will join or something. Could be really tight!

and wtf is the deal with the server being down?? i wanna drift...
Old 12-11-2010, 08:37 PM   #1518
LoneStarSilvia
Zilvia FREAK!

LoneStarSilvia has a reputation beyond reputeLoneStarSilvia has a reputation beyond reputeLoneStarSilvia has a reputation beyond reputeLoneStarSilvia has a reputation beyond reputeLoneStarSilvia has a reputation beyond reputeLoneStarSilvia has a reputation beyond reputeLoneStarSilvia has a reputation beyond reputeLoneStarSilvia has a reputation beyond reputeLoneStarSilvia has a reputation beyond reputeLoneStarSilvia has a reputation beyond reputeLoneStarSilvia has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by gearhead55 View Post
yea not being able to change rims pissed me off so bad when i first got GT5. now i don't stress about it, i just play with premium cars mostly.

Killer and Wangan, i like the idea, everyone being on the same page is key though or it'll get fucked up quickly. We should have the server name be something cryptic so only zilvia people will join or something. Could be really tight!

and wtf is the deal with the server being down?? i wanna drift...

Agreed on so many levels. I finally got a 240ZG and it looks great, besides the bicycle wheels, makes the damn thing look like a boat.

And yes I wish the server would come back up! I want to drift with you guys again.

Til then I'm practicing on the Nurburgring in rain and time change. Intense!
Old 12-11-2010, 08:41 PM   #1519
gearhead55
Zilvia FREAK!

haha tight. i'm using the server down time to win shit in b spec while studying for finals next week. or maybe i'm studying while winning shit in b spec. i'm not sure which.
Old 12-11-2010, 08:47 PM   #1520
LoneStarSilvia
Zilvia FREAK!

LoneStarSilvia has a reputation beyond reputeLoneStarSilvia has a reputation beyond reputeLoneStarSilvia has a reputation beyond reputeLoneStarSilvia has a reputation beyond reputeLoneStarSilvia has a reputation beyond reputeLoneStarSilvia has a reputation beyond reputeLoneStarSilvia has a reputation beyond reputeLoneStarSilvia has a reputation beyond reputeLoneStarSilvia has a reputation beyond reputeLoneStarSilvia has a reputation beyond reputeLoneStarSilvia has a reputation beyond repute
I'm just about convinced its impossible to race using the cockpit view a night and in the rain.

I also think its pretty sweet attention to detail seeing the rooster tails in the night rain being lit red by my brake lights.
Old 12-11-2010, 09:30 PM   #1521
simmode1
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (0)
simmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Send a message via Yahoo to simmode1
Was looking at videos while waiting for my game to friggen install... Has anyone posted this one yet? Incredible drifting FTW...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ygk_AwTFom0&feature
simmode1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2010, 09:32 PM   #1522
wangan_cruiser
kouki man

my b spec is at level 21 and been making money for me its so nice.

haha. yea the server is still down. just playing around with the kouki s13.

if you want to get more control of the car. try to match the tires with your hp. so you wont lose control all the time.
Old 12-11-2010, 09:36 PM   #1523
Magical Trevor
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (8)
Magical Trevor is a jewel in the roughMagical Trevor is a jewel in the roughMagical Trevor is a jewel in the roughMagical Trevor is a jewel in the roughMagical Trevor is a jewel in the roughMagical Trevor is a jewel in the roughMagical Trevor is a jewel in the roughMagical Trevor is a jewel in the rough
Feedback Score: 8 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Magical Trevor
Quote:
Originally Posted by simmode1 View Post
Was looking at videos while waiting for my game to friggen install... Has anyone posted this one yet? Incredible drifting FTW...
Holy shit!
Magical Trevor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2010, 09:57 PM   #1524
LoneStarSilvia
Zilvia FREAK!

Quote:
Originally Posted by wangan_cruiser View Post
my b spec is at level 21 and been making money for me its so nice.

haha. yea the server is still down. just playing around with the kouki s13.

if you want to get more control of the car. try to match the tires with your hp. so you wont lose control all the time.

So far I've been matching what tires I use on the course we're on.

On Tsukuba its comfort soft up front and comport medium in the back with my 370hp 370Z or 350hp FD.

On Mountain Trial I've used Sports Hard all around on the same FD. I have to mash on the gas alot more, but I have more control and speed for those long corners.
Old 12-11-2010, 10:28 PM   #1525
gearhead55
Zilvia FREAK!

Quote:
Originally Posted by simmode1 View Post
holy shit. thats ridiculous...
Old 12-11-2010, 10:43 PM   #1526
simmode1
Post Whore!

simmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfection
Ok guys, finally got my game installed and I'm ready to play! But I don't wanna run off and blow my starting out $20k stupidly. I'm trying to do the birthday car thing (changed my system's date to my birthday) but nothing happened?

Also, does anybody know if you get anything for having GT-PSP data?
Old 12-11-2010, 11:13 PM   #1527
wangan_cruiser
kouki man

i think you can only get cars from ps3 to psp but not the other way around.
Old 12-12-2010, 12:09 AM   #1528
simmode1
Post Whore!

I figured it out, but it almost isn't worth it... Or you guys tell me...

Well, I booted up my GT PSP while it was jacked into my PS3. I selected "Import Car Data" (or something like that) on the PSP and I selected the PSP option in GT5.

The game then imported my ENTIRE PSP GT garage into GT5. But here's the gay part: You can pick 50 of these cars to go into a "Portable Garage" which can only be selected from in Arcade Mode.

I guess tomorrow, Imma be making me some fake PSN profiles!
Old 12-12-2010, 12:21 AM   #1529
HyperTek
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (3)
HyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
u have to start a new psn account with the birthday.. then add your other account to it and then in the game you can gift the car to yourself. But from what i read they put a limit to this now since alot of people ahve been doing it.
Old 12-12-2010, 12:33 AM   #1530
wangan_cruiser
kouki man

is anyone online? i cant log in to the open lobby. probably servers are still down .