Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > Specific Topics > Off Topic Chat

Off Topic Chat All non related chat goes here.

Old 03-11-2012, 10:24 PM   #1471
TheWolf
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (0)
TheWolf has a brilliant futureTheWolf has a brilliant futureTheWolf has a brilliant futureTheWolf has a brilliant futureTheWolf has a brilliant futureTheWolf has a brilliant futureTheWolf has a brilliant futureTheWolf has a brilliant futureTheWolf has a brilliant futureTheWolf has a brilliant futureTheWolf has a brilliant future
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
The "herd" seems to move slow... why not just go around them... i.e. let them just walk on by...
Old 03-11-2012, 10:34 PM   #1472
BOROSUN
Post Whore!

BOROSUN is close to perfectionBOROSUN is close to perfectionBOROSUN is close to perfectionBOROSUN is close to perfectionBOROSUN is close to perfectionBOROSUN is close to perfectionBOROSUN is close to perfectionBOROSUN is close to perfectionBOROSUN is close to perfectionBOROSUN is close to perfectionBOROSUN is close to perfection
Ahhh I don't want to hear about the comics.

Shit, finally got real.
BOROSUN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2012, 11:02 PM   #1473
SochBAT
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (9)
SochBAT is close to perfectionSochBAT is close to perfectionSochBAT is close to perfectionSochBAT is close to perfectionSochBAT is close to perfectionSochBAT is close to perfectionSochBAT is close to perfectionSochBAT is close to perfectionSochBAT is close to perfectionSochBAT is close to perfectionSochBAT is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 9 reviews
Send a message via AIM to SochBAT
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheWolf View Post
The "herd" seems to move slow... why not just go around them... i.e. let them just walk on by...
As good ole Abraham said (in the comics), 'one single zombie is an easy kill. Two to five would be moderate with enough spacing, but once you're surrounded, you're in for a world of shit.'

This is perfectly explained in a thread that was made years ago, "How Many Toddlers could you fight off?"

TripleEdit - http://zilvia.net/f/off-topic-chat/1...ake-fight.html
SochBAT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2012, 12:51 AM   #1474
BOROSUN
Post Whore!

BOROSUN is close to perfectionBOROSUN is close to perfectionBOROSUN is close to perfectionBOROSUN is close to perfectionBOROSUN is close to perfectionBOROSUN is close to perfectionBOROSUN is close to perfectionBOROSUN is close to perfectionBOROSUN is close to perfectionBOROSUN is close to perfectionBOROSUN is close to perfection
im pretty sure 5 yr old have more intellect than zombies. my daughter is almost 5 and
she uses weapons when tell her to fight me.

these zombies seems to react on smell and noise more than vision. you can probably can
sneak pass them(which one episode they did). that zombie that killed dale was a fucking ninja. seriously, that guy
cameout of no where.

28 days or dawn of the dead running zombies scare me the most. they were running like
track stars. i'll have no problem out running them but, when you have family like kids. oh
man. its a hairy situation.

besides that i was amazed from shane's death to zombie turn around was so instant.
compared to andrea sister turned was pretty slow. i dunno maybe for dramatic effect.
i was thinking since doctor/scientist took blood samples, didn't see anything abnormal?
its making me think about the movie: return of the living dead, where airborne chemical
affects/reanimate the dead.
Old 03-12-2012, 11:19 AM   #1475
ZenkiCam
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (4)
ZenkiCam is just really niceZenkiCam is just really niceZenkiCam is just really niceZenkiCam is just really niceZenkiCam is just really niceZenkiCam is just really niceZenkiCam is just really niceZenkiCam is just really niceZenkiCam is just really nice
Feedback Score: 4 reviews
Send a message via AIM to ZenkiCam
1 hypothesis is Virus is airborne. Host is a carrier, not affective until after death. Much like how HPV can affect girls but men can have it and it not do anything. So pretty much everyone is going to turn into a zombie at some point. But think about it, one thing to disprove that is when rick killed that man at the bar, if it was airborne he would have turned just as quickly as Shane did. (UNLESS he shot Him in the head) So what that leaves me to believe is that when Shane and rick went to go drop Randall off and Shane was using his blood for bait to bring the zombies to the bus, maybe he got infected then by their saliva etc and maybe he new that and he bit Randall after or before he snapped his neck. I'm still trying to come up with an answer to that part.
ZenkiCam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2012, 11:29 AM   #1476
Corbic
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (8)
Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic
Feedback Score: 8 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZenkiCam View Post
1 hypothesis is Virus is airborne.
He used a dirty knife.
Corbic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2012, 11:31 AM   #1477
ZenkiCam
Zilvia Addict

ZenkiCam is just really niceZenkiCam is just really niceZenkiCam is just really niceZenkiCam is just really niceZenkiCam is just really niceZenkiCam is just really niceZenkiCam is just really niceZenkiCam is just really niceZenkiCam is just really nice
What about Randall though? Still beats me.
Old 03-12-2012, 11:41 AM   #1478
Corbic
Post Whore!

Quote:
If you look at tribal man, the reason we are successful hunters is because of our endurance. In Africa many tribes just chance down their prey till the buffalo or antelope has heat exhaustion and is unable to move.

I suspect Zombies would do the same to us. They need no rest or food, they experience no fatigue or pain.

So while we can sprint away, well need to eventually rest, they won't. As stated they hunt by smell and search by sound. So at night they have the advantage and you won't be able to just duck out of the way, expessially covered in Shayne's blood.
Old 03-12-2012, 11:44 AM   #1479
Corbic
Post Whore!

Quote:
What about Randall though? Still beats me.
Was the Walker Randall?

Maybe the water is contaminated?
Old 03-12-2012, 11:57 AM   #1480
ZenkiCam
Zilvia Addict

I think rick already knows that the virus is airborne and everyone who dies becomes a zombie because I went back and looked and after he shot the fat man at the bar he shot him again in the head. And think about what Dr Jenner Probably whispered to rick at the end of Season 1.

And yes the walker was Randall. But one thing it seems about people who die a "natural " death and come back is that they are a lot faster, and still maintain some human traits because if you noticed when Shane went to a attack rick it seemed as if he was kind of chuckling and enjoying what he was about to do.
Old 03-12-2012, 12:11 PM   #1481
waxball88
Zilvia FREAK!

waxball88 is an unknown quantity at this point
What about the 2 security guards that were dead when they went to release the kid. No bite marks, nothing. They didn't turn into zombies? Young and healthy, maybe self assisted suicide? If it was airborne they should have turned? Perhaps it takes exposure to the virus via an open wound, which would explain why Shane came back as a walker, also implying that Rick will suffer the same fate.

Also it appeared there was a freak zombie at the end of the episode, probably wasn't but the silhouette looked tankish
waxball88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2012, 01:32 PM   #1482
BOROSUN
Post Whore!

I notice there was burned bodies where they met the 2 security/cop zombies. They did also burned the zombies on the farm.
Old 03-12-2012, 03:14 PM   #1483
waste_of_space
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (22)
waste_of_space is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 22 reviews
Quote:
I think rick already knows that the virus is airborne and everyone who dies becomes a zombie because I went back and looked and after he shot the fat man at the bar he shot him again in the head. And think about what Dr Jenner Probably whispered to rick at the end of Season 1.

And yes the walker was Randall. But one thing it seems about people who die a "natural " death and come back is that they are a lot faster, and still maintain some human traits because if you noticed when Shane went to a attack rick it seemed as if he was kind of chuckling and enjoying what he was about to do.

Here's a quote from the walking dead wiki to help strengthen your hypothesis.
"
The bulk of the whisper (as Edwin Jenner leans into Rick Grimes,) is audible on the S1 bluray, if you significantly increase the center channel to isolate the dialog. The first two sentences are "It's in your blood. We're all carriers." "
waste_of_space is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2012, 03:52 PM   #1484
Matej
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (39)
Matej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 39 reviews
What was the significance of the visions they showed right after Rick 'killed' Shane, before Shane transformed?
They may have just been transformation hallucinations, but Shane's seemed a bit too specific, especially for someone who died without being bit.
It almost appeared to be a flash-forward, through Shane's eyes, of him seeing the group of walkers going past him as they were headed for Rick and his son. However, that would imply that Shane/walker Shane may not be dead yet.
Matej is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2012, 04:12 PM   #1485
SochBAT
Post Whore!

SochBAT is close to perfectionSochBAT is close to perfectionSochBAT is close to perfectionSochBAT is close to perfectionSochBAT is close to perfectionSochBAT is close to perfectionSochBAT is close to perfectionSochBAT is close to perfectionSochBAT is close to perfectionSochBAT is close to perfectionSochBAT is close to perfection

Rick goes back to Shane's grave. Zombified without being bitten.
Old 03-12-2012, 06:30 PM   #1486
DriftN00b
Zilvia Member

DriftN00b is an unknown quantity at this point
sort of losing interest in the show and wishing the comics would be released quicker!
DriftN00b is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2012, 07:27 PM   #1487
fliprayzin240sx
Man w/ CTSV & a Car Seat

Trader Rating: (19)
fliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 19 reviews
Send a message via AIM to fliprayzin240sx
Quote:
Am I the only one who noticed that they seemed to move faster this season that the 1st season? They didnt seem that fast last year, now they seem to freaking be all over the place.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BOROSUN View Post
im pretty sure 5 yr old have more intellect than zombies. my daughter is almost 5 and
she uses weapons when tell her to fight me.

these zombies seems to react on smell and noise more than vision. you can probably can
sneak pass them(which one episode they did). that zombie that killed dale was a fucking ninja. seriously, that guy
cameout of no where.

28 days or dawn of the dead running zombies scare me the most. they were running like
track stars. i'll have no problem out running them but, when you have family like kids. oh
man. its a hairy situation.

besides that i was amazed from shane's death to zombie turn around was so instant.
compared to andrea sister turned was pretty slow. i dunno maybe for dramatic effect.
i was thinking since doctor/scientist took blood samples, didn't see anything abnormal?
its making me think about the movie: return of the living dead, where airborne chemical
affects/reanimate the dead.
Randall (scientist) pretty much said it. Everybody turn differently. Some took days from the time they caught the fever, some took a matter of minutes after they died.

As far as them walking by the zombies, they had to hide their smell "human" smell. That's why they smeared zombie goo all over themselves. Then it started raining and the goo washed away, so the zombies started smelling them again.

Quote:
1 hypothesis is Virus is airborne. Host is a carrier, not affective until after death. Much like how HPV can affect girls but men can have it and it not do anything. So pretty much everyone is going to turn into a zombie at some point. But think about it, one thing to disprove that is when rick killed that man at the bar, if it was airborne he would have turned just as quickly as Shane did. (UNLESS he shot Him in the head) So what that leaves me to believe is that when Shane and rick went to go drop Randall off and Shane was using his blood for bait to bring the zombies to the bus, maybe he got infected then by their saliva etc and maybe he new that and he bit Randall after or before he snapped his neck. I'm still trying to come up with an answer to that part.
He actually shot both the guys in the bar in the head. Shot the guy behind the bar in the head, missed the fat guy so he double tapped him in the head.

The thing that confuses me more than anything is, if everybody is infected and just waiting to die to be zombiefied...how the hell do you suddenly get infected with a scratch? You get scratched, you get the fever, kills you, welcome to zombieville. But if Randall pretty much told Rick that everybody's already infected, how's a scratch gonna fuck you up?

Quote:
I notice there was burned bodies where they met the 2 security/cop zombies. They did also burned the zombies on the farm.
I think the burnt bodies were bodies of people that committed suicide. Remember the school bus? Looked like people were living there and there was a baby seat. One of the burnt bodies looked like a baby.

I'm just waiting for animals to turn into zombies ala Resident Evil. The world would be fucccccccked.

If you think Zilvia has too many assholes...
CLICK HERE!!!
fliprayzin240sx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2012, 08:54 PM   #1488
exitspeed
aWingThing.com

Trader Rating: (1)
exitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Here's a really good interview with Kirkman. He talks about some of the stuff you guys are talking about.

The Walking Dead: Cataclysm! - Comics Feature at IGN
Old 03-12-2012, 09:08 PM   #1489
twinspool
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (7)
twinspool is on the path to ruintwinspool is on the path to ruin
Feedback Score: 7 reviews
Can't wait to check out the final episode!
twinspool is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2012, 09:44 PM   #1490
Matej
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (39)
Matej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 39 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by fliprayzin240sx View Post
The thing that confuses me more than anything is, if everybody is infected and just waiting to die to be zombiefied...how the hell do you suddenly get infected with a scratch? You get scratched, you get the fever, kills you, welcome to zombieville. But if Randall pretty much told Rick that everybody's already infected, how's a scratch gonna fuck you up?
From my understanding, a scratch does not infect. At least not enough to transform. Perhaps if it is a really severe case, but who knows. I think the theory that a scratch could transform was just Shane's half-hearted guess after loosely inspecting the two security guard walkers they just killed.
Perhaps that is why Rick, who already knew the truth from the scientist, was so quick to dismiss Shane's theory and change the topic when Shane pointed it out.
Who knows how the two security guards died. If we really wanted to, we could nitpick the plot holes and logical fallacies to un-death, but I have decided to just enjoy the ride.
I am sure we will learn more down the road.

Also, Randall was the prisoner, not the scientist.
Supposedly Shane snapped his neck off camera, and if everyone turns into a walker when they die, a dead Randall would explain a walker Randall. Even though the odds of one being 'alive' with a snapped neck are quite silly, zombie or not, but again, I am trying to overlook such little things.

Quote:
It would most likely vary from person to person. How immune they are, how much of the virus they have in them, and many other factors. Just as everyone is affected by illnesses to varied extents.
Also, Shane died a quick death, and I assume his body shut down instantly as he died, thus being able to 'restart' soon, while if I recall correctly, Andrea's sister died slowly from being bit.
But there may have been something else at play as well, we do not know, yet.
Matej is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2012, 10:15 PM   #1491
SochBAT
Post Whore!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matej View Post
How immune they are, how much of the virus they have in them, and many other factors. Just as everyone is affected by illnesses to varied extents.
Nail on the head.
Old 03-13-2012, 04:53 AM   #1492
Corbic
Post Whore!

Quote:

Zombie poison. Seriously, they could be like Komodo Dragons, so full of bacteria that a bite causes rapid infection and death.

Sounding like "my ideal zombie apocalypse"

- I always thought an honest to God apocalypse would make a good story. No virus or whatever, straight up Armageddon.

One day 1/3 the pop just drops dead. Essentially the "rapture". Wide spread panic, is it a disease, terrorists? But it's global. With in days the newly "raptured" start coming back, as if out of a coma, and awkward and "brain deadish" but not "flesh eating zombies"..as everyone tries to figure it out, and there coming back by the thousands "oh shit zombie attack!!!"

Bites don't infect you, but head shots also do nothing. Body's have to be hacked up and burned. Anyone that dies, comes back - as hell has overflown and the dead now can't only return to the living.

Drama Points
Why where the Raptured, Raptured?
Are we damned? What's the point?
He's been bit! Shoot him - later bites don't change you?
Ect...
Old 03-13-2012, 08:48 AM   #1493
BarrigaS14
Zilvia Member

BarrigaS14 is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
I think the infection works like this.

Think of it like Flu. With flu, some people get really sick (possibly die), others not so much and others not at all. Now that doesn't mean you are not carrying the flu on you. Many diseases are like this, you can easily be a carrier but not show infection.

Now if everyone is already infected with the virus then everyone is a passive carrier. The virus is still active, but your body is able to beat out the virus. Now the thing about the virus in a human's blood is a less than active virus or at least your body knows how to fend off that strain of the virus. But remember, virus's change all the time. That is why you can kiss another person, have sex, touch their blood, etc. and not get infected. Now, if you are bite or trade fluids with a walker, the walker has a active (different form) virus which now starts to attack your body and since your body can't defend against it, you start to lose the battle. Hence why a human would turn into a walker. The fever they go through is killing the human immune system. Soon, they die after their body shuts down and they return as a walker.

Now, when you are killed, without a major brain injury, your body's immune system is already shutting down. It will not protect against the virus inside you. The virus activates and then takes over your body.

That is the only way I can think how this virus works without killing everyone.

Also, anyone think that large group of walkers is possibly the other group that the kid came from? Maybe they drank some infected water or something happened to them. To me it seems too much of a coincidence that there were that many that came out of no where.
BarrigaS14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2012, 09:24 AM   #1494
onehundredoctane
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (3)
onehundredoctane is close to perfectiononehundredoctane is close to perfectiononehundredoctane is close to perfectiononehundredoctane is close to perfectiononehundredoctane is close to perfectiononehundredoctane is close to perfectiononehundredoctane is close to perfectiononehundredoctane is close to perfectiononehundredoctane is close to perfectiononehundredoctane is close to perfectiononehundredoctane is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
Seems like just about everyone on the show has had physical contact with the walkers at some point now. You know how they tell you not to scratch around your eyes, bite your finger nails, and to keep open wounds cleaned and covered? That's all it boils down to. This airborne theory just doesn't make sense. The fact that people are turning quicker could be caused by the virus mutating and becoming more potent.

EDIT: At work we call it a "contact precaution". Something that can be transmitted by physcial contact, or contact with something that an infected person has came into contact with. Granted it's a tv show based on a comic, so none of the rules from real life even apply, right?

Last edited by onehundredoctane; 03-13-2012 at 10:03 AM..
onehundredoctane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2012, 03:47 PM   #1495
ravinaziankid
Zilvia Junkie

ravinaziankid will become famous soon enoughravinaziankid will become famous soon enoughravinaziankid will become famous soon enough
If anyone is interested in a copy of the walking dead comic for PC/phone, PM me, I just uploaded it for backup.
ravinaziankid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2012, 10:20 PM   #1496
iHateMySilvia
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (30)
iHateMySilvia is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 30 reviews
^95

Not sure if this has been covered but....
Rick was dead/coma back at the hospital
Shane said there was no heart beat when he put his ear to his chest when all hell broke loose
Why isn't he a zombie?! Is he immune?
Virus is airborne everyone has it, I dont understand

NaVanBrosガレ​​ージLtd,Co.
iHateMySilvia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2012, 07:28 AM   #1497
onehundredoctane
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (3)
onehundredoctane is close to perfectiononehundredoctane is close to perfectiononehundredoctane is close to perfectiononehundredoctane is close to perfectiononehundredoctane is close to perfectiononehundredoctane is close to perfectiononehundredoctane is close to perfectiononehundredoctane is close to perfectiononehundredoctane is close to perfectiononehundredoctane is close to perfectiononehundredoctane is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by iHateMySilvia View Post
^95

Not sure if this has been covered but....
Rick was dead/coma back at the hospital
Shane said there was no heart beat when he put his ear to his chest when all hell broke loose
Why isn't he a zombie?! Is he immune?
Virus is airborne everyone has it, I dont understand

As already mentioned ( and this is just my theory) the virus isn't airborne, it is contracted thru contact with the infected. Everyone has now came into contact with something a zombie has touched, or has touched a zombie themselves. It's like touching a door knob after someone with a cold or the flu has touched the same door knob. . . their bodies are trying to fight it off, but the minute Shane was dead his body couldn't fit the virus anymore. This is just my speculation however.

As far as Shane not hearing a heart beat on Rick when he was in the hospital. . . that was all a lie to get Lorie.
onehundredoctane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2012, 07:30 AM   #1498
exitspeed
aWingThing.com

exitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfection
Teaser Trailer for the game coming out. God I hope it doesn't suck. It would be such black mark on the franchise for a shitty game to come out.

Teaser Trailer - The Walking Dead Video - PS3 - IGN
Old 03-16-2012, 11:12 AM   #1499
BOROSUN
Post Whore!

what a bad trailer.

this the game to look for...
Undead Labs

the let's you select your own music of your choice when it hits certain scene. how badass is that already.
Old 03-16-2012, 02:43 PM   #1500
ZenkiCam
Zilvia Addict

when is that coming out?