Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > Specific Topics > Off Topic Chat

Off Topic Chat All non related chat goes here.

Old 12-04-2010, 10:36 AM   #121
beavis360
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (0)
beavis360 is making a name for him/her selfbeavis360 is making a name for him/her self
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by ericcastro View Post
Wait, is someone really saying the Beyonce video is better then taylor swift?? lmao!!

3 girls in black leatards, doing a dance 3 year olds do on youtube, in front of a cyc on a stage, and thats supposed to be ground breaking?
You can argue semantics on your own opinion of what makes a good video, or "Best Video" but there really is no comparison to the scope of the two videos and how much more impactful Beyonce's video was to the people that watched it. The concept of either video is not groundbreaking at all.

The fact is that the combined views of even just the top three "Single Ladies" video COPYCAT VIDEOS has more views than Taylor Swift's official video.

I'll explain it but this is too much for a car forum; economically, it's an issue of the portrayal of Americas "soft power" to the rest of the world. Taylor Swift is the classic American girl image. If I'm in the business of selling the idea of America to other countries (the music/tv business, specially MTV) it's much more profitable to tag the award onto the classic American girl image as opposed to giving both "Video of the Year" and "Best Female Video" to Beyonce. Its more marketable to say Taylor Swift won "Best Female Video" than to rely on her pure talent. With that designation you get the impression that there were two categories "Best Female Video" and "Best Male Video" its a simple marketing move.

Kanye reacted because, while that economically smart by MTV, its an insult to the art. And he was drinking.
beavis360 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 12-04-2010, 01:31 PM   #122
ericcastro
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (7)
ericcastro is close to perfectionericcastro is close to perfectionericcastro is close to perfectionericcastro is close to perfectionericcastro is close to perfectionericcastro is close to perfectionericcastro is close to perfectionericcastro is close to perfectionericcastro is close to perfectionericcastro is close to perfectionericcastro is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 7 reviews
Send a message via MSN to ericcastro Send a message via Yahoo to ericcastro
Quote:
Originally Posted by BOROSUN View Post
lol you serious?

listen to this...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jWwMatBr5xk

heavy mental son.

fuck taylor swift. she's hot though.
wow, some killer priest, your diggin way back AND into the underground.

Quote:
Originally Posted by beavis360 View Post
You can argue semantics on your own opinion of what makes a good video, or "Best Video" but there really is no comparison to the scope of the two videos and how much more impactful Beyonce's video was to the people that watched it. The concept of either video is not groundbreaking at all.

The fact is that the combined views of even just the top three "Single Ladies" video COPYCAT VIDEOS has more views than Taylor Swift's official video.

I'll explain it but this is too much for a car forum; economically, it's an issue of the portrayal of Americas "soft power" to the rest of the world. Taylor Swift is the classic American girl image. If I'm in the business of selling the idea of America to other countries (the music/tv business, specially MTV) it's much more profitable to tag the award onto the classic American girl image as opposed to giving both "Video of the Year" and "Best Female Video" to Beyonce. Its more marketable to say Taylor Swift won "Best Female Video" than to rely on her pure talent. With that designation you get the impression that there were two categories "Best Female Video" and "Best Male Video" its a simple marketing move.

Kanye reacted because, while that economically smart by MTV, its an insult to the art. And he was drinking.
The change in the way society works with the internet and how things turn into meme's and such, has absolutely nothing to do with beyonce, the director of the video or thier original vision.
No one would have seen Beyonces video if a 3 year old hadnt been able to do the dance, and people thought it was cute and funny.

The video going Viral has nothing to do with Beyonce.
It was purely an accident and did so much for her career.
She actually should be paying royalties to that 3 year old and that fat dude that both mocked her.
Now, If taylor swoft got the youtube award over beyonce, then i could see drunk college boy hero having a point.
ericcastro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2010, 04:08 PM   #123
beavis360
Zilvia Member

beavis360 is making a name for him/her selfbeavis360 is making a name for him/her self
^^^ Thanks man. Clearly nobody has any concept of how to make a viral video except for you. Everything that goes viral is purely an accident. That wasn't planned at all. They don't have people who's job it is to know how to make a video go viral.

Beyonce won "Video of the Year" theres no logical reason she shouldn't have won "Best Female Video" on top of that except for it being good marketing for MTV. It's not the case that she was a group of people that won the "Video of the Year".

They should be paying the video posters royalties for using their own copyrighted songs? Just like restaurant owners should be paying you because their food tastes good and you recommend a friend? They should also pay people every time they listen to the song loudly? Please stop making yourself look bad.

How about Taylor Swift should be paying Kanye for all of that free marketing he gave her by your logic.

You clearly don't like the guy but he was right in what he was defending. Its really simple logic, if you're female and you win best video overall, you should win best female video. I don't feel like that takes a philosophy degree to understand.
Old 12-04-2010, 05:31 PM   #124
ericcastro
Post Whore!

ericcastro is close to perfectionericcastro is close to perfectionericcastro is close to perfectionericcastro is close to perfectionericcastro is close to perfectionericcastro is close to perfectionericcastro is close to perfectionericcastro is close to perfectionericcastro is close to perfectionericcastro is close to perfectionericcastro is close to perfection
Quote:
^^^ Thanks man. Clearly nobody has any concept of how to make a viral video except for you. Everything that goes viral is purely an accident. That wasn't planned at all. They don't have people who's job it is to know how to make a video go viral.

Beyonce won "Video of the Year" theres no logical reason she shouldn't have won "Best Female Video" on top of that except for it being good marketing for MTV. It's not the case that she was a group of people that won the "Video of the Year".

They should be paying the video posters royalties for using their own copyrighted songs? Just like restaurant owners should be paying you because their food tastes good and you recommend a friend? They should also pay people every time they listen to the song loudly? Please stop making yourself look bad.

How about Taylor Swift should be paying Kanye for all of that free marketing he gave her by your logic.

You clearly don't like the guy but he was right in what he was defending. Its really simple logic, if you're female and you win best video overall, you should win best female video. I don't feel like that takes a philosophy degree to understand.
So whoever wins best video, by default just takes home best female/male video??
I understand your logic, and it would make sense, but its like the oscar's. Best picture doesnt always mean it gets best director or other awards and vice versa.

Really all those shows are pretty political BS. I can barely stand the oscars and dont waste time on the Emmy's.

I work for different companies that solely do videos and youtube content and other things in those mediums. So say what you will, but I have a lot of experience in this.
And yes, not all things that go viral are an accident.
Some things are designed for the medium.
Ken Block, funny or die, LXD, ACDC vs M&M, Danny Macaskill.
Then there are things that are not made to be a viral hit, but end up being big on the internet.
Beyonce video (thanks to the help of all the viral imitation videos.)

You missed my sarcasm when i stated they should be paying the 3 year old and the fat guy royalties.

yes i dont like Kayne.
Was he right, maybe. He needs to realize that those awards are BS and purely political so they wont ever make sense.
Was he wrong in his approach.
Absofuckinglutely.
What a horrible thing to do to someone.
To ruin the biggest day they will ever have in their entire lives.

That is so wrong its beyond description.
If you want to say something, use twitter, facebook, blogs, or do an interview just like everybody else does.
Old 12-04-2010, 07:16 PM   #125
beavis360
Zilvia Member

Of course its an a**hole thing to do. Even he would tell you that, but he would also have done it again.

Where he came from when he said it was from the same place that you mentioned. That the award shows are full of sh*t and political. He said in later interviews they he doesn't like going to the shows because you go to a show and just watch great artists get screwed over.

It was wrong to do toward another person, toward the goal of calling out the awards on their political bs it halfway worked but he paid the price from people that didn't understand his intentions. They assumed he was racist or stupid instead of stopping to think about what point he was trying to make. He called them out in a effective way and they demonized him for it.

Even in the sense that it was wrong to do to somebody it was still more effective than whining about it on twitter, or writing some company a letter that they'd just send to their favorite news station and put their own spin on it and chop up the parts they'd like to get ratings.

Which brings us back to My Dark Twisted Fantasy which is irony because the album is just about the reality of the great life he thought success would bring but you really just end up dealing with the same bs from different people.

He hits on all of the real topics the taboo stuff that everybody dances around; suicide, race, politics, sex, domestic voilence, regular violence, fear mongering of the news. Its still musical, hip hoppy and diverse.

Where else can you get those topics without a one-sided opinion? Everything is painted perfect and rotting in your face.
Old 12-04-2010, 08:34 PM   #126
ericcastro
Post Whore!

These guys are one of the biggest and most political groups of all time.
They didnt go to the grammys and shit their opinion on others, they just banned it and no showed.

Kayne would have had a lot more respect had he did that.
Especially if he won an award, someone random has to accept it.
Then EVERY media outlet in the morning will have headlines like "Where was Kayne".
Then he is free to express his dislike in the BS system it is.
And he doesnt destroy someone elses moment.

On a side note, it was a MTV award right?
The same station that plays videos by such "artist" as,
right said fred, C&C music factory, MXPX, Sisco, Vanilla Ice, Tag Team and many other greats.
Kinda funny he would expect a company that is driven by money only, to have a fair judgeing of artist, lol.

And didnt he get mad at Justice for beating him in a catagory, and he went on stage and interupted thier award too?
Not saying Kayne doesnt have talent, but I have to much self respect to listen to him.
Old 12-05-2010, 12:04 AM   #127
Wongger
Zilvia Member

Wongger is an unknown quantity at this point
You guys actually take those award shows seriously? I thought they were just a money grab and a way to stroke the artists ego
Wongger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2010, 12:39 AM   #128
dontxploitme
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (27)
dontxploitme is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 27 reviews
This video is too perfect for this thread. It's long but it's the perfect argument for those who support Kanye West arguing with those who object to Kanye West.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ToN6U...eature=related

great quote: "I'd rather be hated for what I am, than loved for what I'm not."
dontxploitme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2010, 01:38 AM   #129
atom
Zilvia FREAK!

atom is a name known to allatom is a name known to allatom is a name known to allatom is a name known to allatom is a name known to allatom is a name known to allatom is a name known to allatom is a name known to allatom is a name known to allatom is a name known to allatom is a name known to all
LOL are you serious? I'm not a Kanye hater but really that interview was ridiculous. If anything that video only reinforces the idea that Kanye is an egomaniacal twat.
atom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2010, 02:24 AM   #130
dontxploitme
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (27)
dontxploitme is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 27 reviews
I believe that was the point of the video smart guy. He doesn't give a fuck what anybody says or thinks. He's not gonna change just cause people are sensitive and get all butt hurt because he stole Taylor Swift's "moment." I support him 100% people who change just because they are disliked or talked down on are just fake, it's important to stay true to yourself and say "fuck you" to whoever disagrees with you're actions or beliefs cause it's not anyones choice but yours.
dontxploitme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2010, 02:39 AM   #131
FaLKoN240
Super Moderator

Trader Rating: (73)
FaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 73 reviews
What's dumb is people are mad FOR Taylor Swift when she she was more WTF than actually trippin off the whole thing.

She doesn't need people to stand up for her. She's making money and is doing JUST FINE.

Best way to do business with me? Make your best offer FIRST.
FaLKoN240 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2010, 03:22 AM   #132
atom
Zilvia FREAK!

atom is a name known to allatom is a name known to allatom is a name known to allatom is a name known to allatom is a name known to allatom is a name known to allatom is a name known to allatom is a name known to allatom is a name known to allatom is a name known to allatom is a name known to all
Quote:
Originally Posted by dontxploitme View Post
I believe that was the point of the video smart guy. He doesn't give a fuck what anybody says or thinks. He's not gonna change just cause people are sensitive and get all butt hurt because he stole Taylor Swift's "moment." I support him 100% people who change just because they are disliked or talked down on are just fake, it's important to stay true to yourself and say "fuck you" to whoever disagrees with you're actions or beliefs cause it's not anyones choice but yours.
So his lack of tact is a reason to support him? LOL, people these days.

But even Kanye would disagree with you. In that twitter rant he did a few months ago he himself admitted his ego was out of control and he needed to grow up.
atom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2010, 08:36 AM   #133
beavis360
Zilvia Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by atom View Post
So his lack of tact is a reason to support him? LOL, people these days.

But even Kanye would disagree with you. In that twitter rant he did a few months ago he himself admitted his ego was out of control and he needed to grow up.
People live in some fantasy hypocritical world where they believe everybody follows some divine morals. You still buy from Walmart, Nike, and put your money in banks and you want to hold a musical artist to a high moral standard. Get out of here.

That translates to "Buy my album I have some more stuff to tell you about yourself."
Old 12-05-2010, 09:00 AM   #134
FaLKoN240
Super Moderator

FaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfection
I think it's wack that he always talks about how his ego is out of control and he needs to control it, but then the next week he's off running his mouth again.

Fucking stupid.

Old 12-05-2010, 10:12 AM   #135
murda-c
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (1)
murda-c is close to perfectionmurda-c is close to perfectionmurda-c is close to perfectionmurda-c is close to perfectionmurda-c is close to perfectionmurda-c is close to perfectionmurda-c is close to perfectionmurda-c is close to perfectionmurda-c is close to perfectionmurda-c is close to perfectionmurda-c is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Send a message via AIM to murda-c Send a message via MSN to murda-c
The words "don't be a dick" are words to live by.

If people would just stop tolerating assholes the world would be a better place. Instead we make them rich.
Old 12-05-2010, 12:58 PM   #136
ericcastro
Post Whore!

Quote:
Originally Posted by murda-c View Post
The words "don't be a dick" are words to live by.

If people would just stop tolerating assholes the world would be a better place. Instead we make them rich.
im with this guy.

Idiots who tink they are "gonna be themselves", usually dont get far in life and work, because everyone hates their ass since they cant learn to get along.
Old 12-05-2010, 02:59 PM   #137
Corbic
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (8)
Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic
Feedback Score: 8 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by FaLKoN240 View Post
What's dumb is people are mad FOR Taylor Swift when she she was more WTF than actually trippin off the whole thing.

She doesn't need people to stand up for her. She's making money and is doing JUST FINE.
Taylor has a little more grace and maturity to not let that one moment define her for the rest of her life (EI Al Gore "bush screwed me") nor is she someone to be a raging asshole and throw a fit.

Trust me, if someone did that to Kayne he'd go ape shit about how he is a legit artist who should have been given this award sooner, in fact it's bullshit that this is the only award he got... bla blah blah.

Last edited by Corbic; 12-05-2010 at 03:32 PM..
Corbic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2010, 03:24 PM   #138
theronin
Post Whore!

theronin is close to perfectiontheronin is close to perfectiontheronin is close to perfectiontheronin is close to perfectiontheronin is close to perfectiontheronin is close to perfectiontheronin is close to perfectiontheronin is close to perfectiontheronin is close to perfectiontheronin is close to perfectiontheronin is close to perfection
Send a message via AIM to theronin
lol taylor should actually thank kanye. this incident did nothing but help her. increase her image. probably planned by swift herself. she a cunning little ho.

It just screams, "Hey, I'm a fucking Christmas Tree. What are you gonna do about it?"
theronin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2010, 04:31 PM   #139
Wongger
Zilvia Member

YouTube - Gold Digger Carlos Mencia Style

kinda funny,
Old 12-05-2010, 05:04 PM   #140
beavis360
Zilvia Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wongger View Post
Your opinion privileges are revoked.

You whole-heartedly quoted the lamest most unoriginal comedian taking shots at an artist who is infinitely more talented than he, making the lamest parody I've ever heard, and thought it was funny? Carlos Mencia is the Geo Metro of the comedy industry.

Kanye West's music probably makes you think too hard, no wonder you hate the guy.

It's also funny how everybody like to pretend Taylor Swift is the purest little angel that has walked the earth, meanwhile John Mayer hit it and quit it like a boss.
Old 12-05-2010, 05:10 PM   #141
Wongger
Zilvia Member

Well, actually tough guy. I like Kanye West's MUSIC, and if you learned to read instead of spewing your pointless "I love Kanye West so much" non sense you would have realized that. The guy is an asshole, but he makes good music, get off his dick and move on
Old 12-05-2010, 05:27 PM   #142
beavis360
Zilvia Member

Oh my mistake, you don't hate him. Mencia is still incredibly lame, and your opinion privileges are still revoked.
Old 12-05-2010, 05:37 PM   #143
simmode1
Post Whore!

simmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfection
Send a message via Yahoo to simmode1
Quote:
It's also funny how everybody like to pretend Taylor Swift is the purest little angel that has walked the earth, meanwhile John Mayer hit it and quit it like a boss.
Thank you. Aside from the Kanye incident and her throwing all her celebrity ex's under the bus in her music, I don't see why she's popular at all. Seems like she hoes around about as much as Rihanna does and writes music that is just as lame.
simmode1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2010, 05:50 PM   #144
theronin
Post Whore!

theronin is close to perfectiontheronin is close to perfectiontheronin is close to perfectiontheronin is close to perfectiontheronin is close to perfectiontheronin is close to perfectiontheronin is close to perfectiontheronin is close to perfectiontheronin is close to perfectiontheronin is close to perfectiontheronin is close to perfection
Send a message via AIM to theronin
carlos mencia is terrible. but thats for another thread.

It just screams, "Hey, I'm a fucking Christmas Tree. What are you gonna do about it?"
theronin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2010, 05:57 PM   #145
beavis360
Zilvia Member

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MXXV-n9sNF4 on the other hand SP made a funny
Old 12-05-2010, 06:05 PM   #146
Corbic
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (8)
Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic
Feedback Score: 8 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by simmode1 View Post
Thank you. Aside from the Kanye incident and her throwing all her celebrity ex's under the bus in her music, I don't see why she's popular at all. Seems like she hoes around about as much as Rihanna does and writes music that is just as lame.
I don't fallow. The girl has a boyfriend and most like screwed him... and they broke up... OMFG. I hope your girl told you "put a ring on it" before you screwed her. Then again she probably sucked a dozen dudes off before she even met you.

Give me a call when photos are on the net of Taylor showing her lack of panties off while going clubbing, drunk and puking in the street, so stone she falls into a cactus and blames the press, grinding a pole for MTV awards, posting up pictures of her self in her under-ware et al et al.

A rich, hot, 20 something is having SEX?!? I totally missed the episode on Oprah where Taylor talked about how big Myer's dick was.

As for popular... um, live under a rock?

Cute, young girl that is "girl next door real world hot", can sing, sings bubble gum poppy-country music about cliched themes targeted to the under 16 crowd... squeaky clean image as well. Parents are happy their daughters/sons are listening to "nice music for a change" and those 12 year old's that thought they where in love have crappy songs to cry too...

Profit.

Question, if Kanye is such a lyrical master... then why all the profanity in "Runaway"? It's hardly shocking or novel... and if he was so amazing he should be able to convey his point, even better with out it... fuck, Mason, MR.SHOCK-ROCK never seemed to use as much vulgarity...
Corbic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2010, 06:34 PM   #147
FaLKoN240
Super Moderator

Yep if you swear in rap, you can't be considered a lyricist. Follow him...

Old 12-05-2010, 06:55 PM   #148
zerooath
98 Kouki Slicktop. Tip Dealer!

zerooath is a name known to allzerooath is a name known to allzerooath is a name known to allzerooath is a name known to allzerooath is a name known to allzerooath is a name known to allzerooath is a name known to allzerooath is a name known to allzerooath is a name known to allzerooath is a name known to allzerooath is a name known to all
Send a message via AIM to zerooath
Quote:
Originally Posted by AkademikONE View Post
If people on a 240sx forum are talking about him like this, he has already won.
Really?

So if majority of people in society hate me and talk bad about me, not really because of my job but more so because of my personality and obvious lack of respect for people other than myself, I have won?

What exactly have I won?
Old 12-05-2010, 07:40 PM   #149
simmode1
Post Whore!

simmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfection
Send a message via Yahoo to simmode1
Quote:
Originally Posted by zerooath View Post
What exactly have I won?
Attention and publicity. Which translate into album sales. And yet another Grammy nomination.
simmode1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2010, 07:55 PM   #150
zerooath
98 Kouki Slicktop. Tip Dealer!

zerooath is a name known to allzerooath is a name known to allzerooath is a name known to allzerooath is a name known to allzerooath is a name known to allzerooath is a name known to allzerooath is a name known to allzerooath is a name known to allzerooath is a name known to allzerooath is a name known to allzerooath is a name known to all
Send a message via AIM to zerooath
I dont see how negative attitudes towards myself would generate album sales for me. Negative publicity=profit?

Perhaps, but the album sales are probably coming from people who like him and like his music, not from people that dislike him and wanna buy his record just so they can hear it.

I agree that people who dislike and talk bad about him will get him attention and publicity but it will be very negative and will do more harm to his career than good.

Word of mouth spreads very fast in todays society.