Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Chat

Chat General Discussion About The Nissan 240SX and Nissan Z Cars

Old 08-05-2013, 10:25 AM   #14491
Link
Leaky Injector

Trader Rating: (1)
Link is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
hey guys. preparing to do my 5spd swap in a few days, and i have a question.

ive read people dont connect all the sensors, like the 5th gear and neutral safety. is this ok to do? i can use the wires from my auto? give me details please.

also if someone with experience would take the time to text me, i'd like to ask a few questions/get a little guidance as this is my first swap. 973-eight03-six802
Link is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 08-05-2013, 03:01 PM   #14492
Joedrt
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (0)
Joedrt is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
I'm using god speed rods in my 25 making over 500 whp with over 15 Dyno runs and it's still going strond so I personally think that name brand parts are a waste of money for street/drifting and I know first cuz I BEAT the balls off this car and I have no problems.....ever
Joedrt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2013, 03:16 PM   #14493
bc.
Zilvia Addict

bc. is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by I'm Redline View Post
Resale value of a car that has been DD'd?(Daily Drifted) Niggah Puh LEEZ! If you think your 240SX is going to be worth more with one steering wheel over another, well, you are right...to a kid who doesn't know any better. Unless your car is restored/restomodded from front to rear, top to bottom, with good high quality aftermarket parts, great paint, great interior, it will still be a 5000 - 6000 240SX. Only the most righteous built, totally restored cars that have been COMPLETELY rebuilt go for more than $6k.
Your coil dropped, body kitted, adjustable RUCA, bolt on car isn't really worth all that at the end of the day because just one more bolt on 240sx with a heh heh heh fancy steering wheel.
Bottom line, that steering wheel adds jack shit to overall value
Reality school's out for the day, get back to work!
All of this would be true if he didn't part out his car. I would assume he is talking about a part-out though.
Old 08-05-2013, 03:31 PM   #14494
S14DB
AFC #1

Trader Rating: (3)
S14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Link View Post

ive read people dont connect all the sensors, like the 5th gear and neutral safety. is this ok to do? i can use the wires from my auto? give me details please.

also if someone with experience would take the time to text me, i'd like to ask a few questions/get a little guidance as this is my first swap. 973-eight03-six802
Neutral Position Switch and 5th gear are a pain because the pinout is different on the MT ecu. You have to run wires from the ecu to the sensors.

You probably aren't wring in the clutch switch ether so the safety aspect of starting in gear is mute. The only other thing is later models drop into a lower idle when in Neutral at idle.

5th gear is for the speed(rpm) cut. The car has two speed(rpm) cuts one in 4th and one in 5th. It's not possible to hit speed cut in the other gears so it uses the 5th gear sensor to determine this. You also still have the speed cut from the VSS.
Old 08-05-2013, 04:30 PM   #14495
SoCalDrifter
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (10)
SoCalDrifter is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 10 reviews
ok so im down to last thing i need for my hydro i got all the good stuff already i just need to get the lines so i was wondering if anyone could help me out with a diagram or some info on sizings i need??.... im running the ASD hydro with the dual Z32 rear caliper setup on my s14

thanks guys
SoCalDrifter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2013, 07:13 PM   #14496
tengo240
Zilvia Junkie

tengo240 is an unknown quantity at this point
i wanna take off my flimsy efans and go back to a clutch fan , can i use a fan clutch off a ka on my redtop sr?
tengo240 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2013, 08:45 PM   #14497
corkscrew
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (5)
corkscrew is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 5 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by 240sx-pat View Post
Guys, quick question I've got an S13 Blacktop sr with a non-working speedometer and I was wondering what the speed/RPM ratio is ..What would be the RPM reading be say I need to be going at 60MPH in 5th gear (highway cruising )
It depends on your gearing. You can google gear ratios and it shows the speed for whatever RPM you want to know
corkscrew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2013, 10:52 PM   #14498
codyace
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (58)
codyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 58 reviews
Send a message via AIM to codyace
Quote:
Originally Posted by 240sx-pat View Post
Guys, quick question I've got an S13 Blacktop sr with a non-working speedometer and I was wondering what the speed/RPM ratio is ..What would be the RPM reading be say I need to be going at 60MPH in 5th gear (highway cruising )
http://www.f-body.org/gears/

Enter the info, and you'll be set.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Link View Post

You won't need either hooked up for it to work.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joedrt View Post
I'm using god speed rods in my 25 making over 500 whp with over 15 Dyno runs and it's still going strond so I personally think that name brand parts are a waste of money for street/drifting and I know first cuz I BEAT the balls off this car and I have no problems.....ever
People bought Pinto's that didnt' catch fire in accidents too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tengo240 View Post
i wanna take off my flimsy efans and go back to a clutch fan , can i use a fan clutch off a ka on my redtop sr?
Get Altima fans, and be done with it all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by az_240 View Post
anyone know the length of oem toe rods measured from center of each bolt hole?

In the suspension angle thread, they are listed on page one.

Quote:
Originally Posted by David48 View Post
Whenever I see a car for sale with chineesium parts Im pretty much not interested. Parts quality goes a long way.
Agreed!

Want Air Conditioning in your SR20 Swapped car? Check out www.sr20acbrackets.com for more information!

Quest Alternator Conversions for SR20! Check my Group Buy!

Tired of lousy internal gates? Go external wastegate with one of my manifolds, Check out my group buy
codyace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2013, 01:57 PM   #14499
240koukiSX
Zilvia Member

240koukiSX is an unknown quantity at this point
My car has no ac or heat. It won't even blow. Can I use the stock s14 ac system with my car if I buy one? My car has an s15 SR.
240koukiSX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2013, 02:17 PM   #14500
S14DB
AFC #1

S14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfection
Quote:
Originally Posted by 240koukiSX View Post
My car has no ac or heat. It won't even blow. Can I use the stock s14 ac system with my car if I buy one? My car has an s15 SR.
If you get Adapter plates to mount the S14 compressor on the SR mount. ^Someone^ has a link in their sig...
Old 08-06-2013, 02:48 PM   #14501
Matej
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (39)
Matej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 39 reviews
If anyone on here has a blacktop/S14/S15 SR oil pickup lying around, could you please measure its height from the mounting surface to the lowest point?
Thank you kindly.

Matej is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2013, 03:19 PM   #14502
Agent S14
Zilvia Member

Agent S14 is making a name for him/her selfAgent S14 is making a name for him/her self
Quick question I am putting a s15 Silvia motor and trans into my s14. Noticing this wont work with my s14 driveshaft and diff, do I need to just buy a s15 diff to make it work?
Agent S14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2013, 04:19 PM   #14503
bejota180sx
Zilvia FREAK!

bejota180sx has a spectacular aura aboutbejota180sx has a spectacular aura aboutbejota180sx has a spectacular aura aboutbejota180sx has a spectacular aura aboutbejota180sx has a spectacular aura aboutbejota180sx has a spectacular aura about
does anybody know for a FACT that the 350z steering wheel will fit into a s13? and what modifications need to be done? i can't seem to find any hard info on this just people saying "it fits" but no hard evidence...
Originally Posted by Taniguchi_Is_#1 View Post
...this is zilvia; prepare to get your feelings hurt.
bejota180sx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2013, 04:53 PM   #14504
cured13
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (11)
cured13 has a spectacular aura aboutcured13 has a spectacular aura aboutcured13 has a spectacular aura aboutcured13 has a spectacular aura aboutcured13 has a spectacular aura aboutcured13 has a spectacular aura aboutcured13 has a spectacular aura about
Feedback Score: 11 reviews
When reinstalling front hub on s13 the outer side of the bearing looks like it does not have a grease seal:
- do you guys wipe old grease and pack new grease in that gap?
- can you use synthetic moly high temp. wheel bearing grease like Red Line CV-2 - is it compactible with OEM grease or will it mix together and become one harmful goo?
- is there a rubber or fleece seal to keep that grease inside the bearing?

Last edited by cured13; 08-06-2013 at 06:34 PM..
cured13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2013, 06:12 PM   #14505
dluevanos01
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (23)
dluevanos01 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 23 reviews
Since I have some Tein Winding masters and the rears don't go as low as I'd like I've been looking for a different coilover set up. As I was roaming the PBM website I realized that they sell replacement dampers that seem to be shorter than my teins. So this will allow me to achieve the ride height I need without having to buy coilovers just yet.

My question is if anyone tried their dampers with other hardware? and would bolt up to the tein hardware (top hats, collars, etc.)?

any info is greatly appreciated.
Old 08-06-2013, 07:13 PM   #14506
soundboy
Zilvia Junkie

soundboy is an unknown quantity at this point
How much power I could make on a S13 sr20 det with transmission? Without the transmission failing

Sent from my GT-P3110 using Tapatalk 4
soundboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2013, 07:35 PM   #14507
Link
Leaky Injector

Quote:
Originally Posted by S14DB View Post
Neutral Position Switch and 5th gear are a pain because the pinout is different on the MT ecu. You have to run wires from the ecu to the sensors.

You probably aren't wring in the clutch switch ether so the safety aspect of starting in gear is mute. The only other thing is later models drop into a lower idle when in Neutral at idle.

5th gear is for the speed(rpm) cut. The car has two speed(rpm) cuts one in 4th and one in 5th. It's not possible to hit speed cut in the other gears so it uses the 5th gear sensor to determine this. You also still have the speed cut from the VSS.
ok cool. thanks a lot.

also, forgot to mention. its a 93 ka.

is there a marking on the ka that tells the year? this is my second engine, so im just assuming its from an s13.
Old 08-06-2013, 08:18 PM   #14508
Link
Leaky Injector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryan671 View Post
I need a new wiper washer fluid motor...whats the part code on courtesy parts?

Oakley Sunglasses

http://www.courtesyparts.com/motor-wash-p-328107.html
Old 08-06-2013, 09:00 PM   #14509
89SwapXE
Zilvia Junkie

89SwapXE is an unknown quantity at this point
Is it possible for my rear subframe to be off center since I replaced the bushings. Es subframe bushing.
89SwapXE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2013, 09:06 PM   #14510
codyace
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (58)
codyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 58 reviews
Send a message via AIM to codyace
Quote:
Originally Posted by 240koukiSX View Post
You can use the S14 AC system on the s15 engine without an issue. Follow the link in my sig.

With that said if you don't get anything 'blowing' you need to loo into why the blower motor isn't even turning on. Also if you don't have any heat, check to see if you have water lines going to the heater core.

Quote:
Originally Posted by S14DB View Post
If you get Adapter plates to mount the S14 compressor on the SR mount. ^Someone^ has a link in their sig...

Thank you

Quote:
Originally Posted by Agent S14 View Post
Quick question I am putting a s15 Silvia motor and trans into my s14. Noticing this wont work with my s14 driveshaft and diff, do I need to just buy a s15 diff to make it work?
http://zilvia.net/f/tech-talk/362303...n-dummies.html

Quote:
Originally Posted by cured13 View Post
When reinstalling front hub on s13 the outer side of the bearing looks like it does not have a grease seal:
s13/s14/s15 How to change wheel bearings - Hardtuned.net

It's best to use similar type grease when installing stuff...unless it's new then use whatever you wish.

Also take this into consideration: Project Silvia - The Official Guide to Not Screwing Up Your Wheel Bearings Like I Did > MotoIQ - Automotive Tech, Project Cars, Performance & Motorsports

Quote:
Originally Posted by dluevanos01 View Post
Since I have some Tein Winding masters and the rears don't go as low as I'd like I've been looking for a different coilover set up. As I was roaming the PBM website I realized that they sell replacement dampers that seem to be shorter than my teins. So this will allow me to achieve the ride height I need without having to buy coilovers just yet.

My question is if anyone tried their dampers with other hardware? and would bolt up to the tein hardware (top hats, collars, etc.)?

any info is greatly appreciated.
If you need to go lower you'll need to get different coilovers. Replacing the damper itself wont' change height if the housing and tube is the same.

If you need to bounce off the ground, go get some Racelands and slam it. If you need performance you won't need to go that low, and should just keep what you have.

Quote:
Originally Posted by soundboy View Post
How much power I could make on a S13 sr20 det with transmission? Without the transmission failing

Sent from my GT-P3110 using Tapatalk 4
All depends on how you drive it. If you're drag racing and rowing gears like john force, not long once you get near the 400whp area and or use sticky tires.

My car makes 400 to the tire, and the trans (current one) has been good for almost 3 years now. Shift smoothly and 'a little' slow and it will last you. It's not so much the trans, but the harsch gear engagement and sudden torque blast that eat stuff up in most street cars.

Want Air Conditioning in your SR20 Swapped car? Check out www.sr20acbrackets.com for more information!

Quest Alternator Conversions for SR20! Check my Group Buy!

Tired of lousy internal gates? Go external wastegate with one of my manifolds, Check out my group buy
codyace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2013, 10:37 PM   #14511
S14Serge
Zilvia Junkie

S14Serge is an unknown quantity at this point
I have an s14 sr greddy air filter and I was wondering if it would work on an s13 sr? Thanks in advance..
Old 08-07-2013, 01:25 AM   #14512
az_240
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (41)
az_240 is just really niceaz_240 is just really niceaz_240 is just really niceaz_240 is just really niceaz_240 is just really niceaz_240 is just really niceaz_240 is just really niceaz_240 is just really niceaz_240 is just really nice
Feedback Score: 41 reviews
Send a message via AIM to az_240
Quote:
Originally Posted by codyace View Post
In the suspension angle thread, they are listed on page one.

Only the tie rod lengths are listed there. Looking for the length of oem rear toe arms.
az_240 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2013, 01:34 AM   #14513
DialedLife
Zilvia Member

DialedLife is an unknown quantity at this point
Do you guys know of any decent car customizing games/websites? And where do people make those little cars for there sigs? Looks like it could be fun.

thought of another question I might as well ask since i posted - I have a champagne hatch, with no tint. I've been contemplating doing black roof. I'm on the fence about it. Also, would vinyl wrap work well? How would it hold up to weather? (Oregon rain)
DialedLife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2013, 02:32 AM   #14514
VinceDude
Zilvia Member

VinceDude is an unknown quantity at this point
best hid ballast to go with for h4 and h3 brick headlight bulbs.
VinceDude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2013, 09:34 AM   #14515
c-los13
Zilvia Junkie

c-los13 is an unknown quantity at this point

Had some rust of top of window metal trim, removed trim to fix now im having a hard time seeing how its gonna be put back. Any suggestions??? Thanks
c-los13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2013, 12:18 PM   #14516
VinceDude
Zilvia Member

VinceDude is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by c-los13 View Post

Had some rust of top of window metal trim, removed trim to fix now im having a hard time seeing how its gonna be put back. Any suggestions??? Thanks
cut out, weld new panel on, and bondo.
VinceDude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2013, 01:49 PM   #14517
bc.
Zilvia Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by c-los13 View Post
That is only "some" rust?!?!? I would not have touched that automobile with a $5 footlong.

Last edited by bc.; 08-08-2013 at 07:44 AM..
bc. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2013, 01:52 PM   #14518
Link
Leaky Injector

Yeah wow. That is insane. Does it even have frame rails?
Old 08-07-2013, 05:57 PM   #14519
Kylerkickass240
Leaky Injector

Kylerkickass240 is an unknown quantity at this point
Okay ya'll can hate or not i dont care but I was interested in these headlights and I have HID's in my car now so I was wondering if the housings for the bulbs would fit into these ones or not

89-94 Nissan 240SX S13 7x6 H6054 Headlights - Yellow :: 240SX :: Nissan :: Lighting - Crystal Headlights :: Dash Z Racing
Kylerkickass240 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2013, 07:47 AM   #14520
bc.
Zilvia Addict

I hate more that you used the word "ya'll"

Are you saying you are gonna put HID's behind these yellow lenses? That is gonna blind the shit out of people, is it not?