Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Chat

Chat General Discussion About The Nissan 240SX and Nissan Z Cars

Old 07-08-2013, 10:56 PM   #14221
Driftwire
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (0)
Driftwire is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Why does all of my SOHC ECU's power up and none of my DOHC ECU's power up and its a New KA24DE swap and everything on the wiring was followed correctly. Have started the motor with an SOHC ECU but will not run right
Did you check the potato fuse located in the front right corner of your gas tank?
Quote:
Originally Posted by RB33 View Post
No i haven't. To be honest i didnt know there was a fuse there. Thats not a fuse for the fuel pump is it?
Driftwire is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 07-08-2013, 11:23 PM   #14222
hOngsterr
Bandwagon.

Trader Rating: (73)
hOngsterr is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 73 reviews
Send a message via AIM to hOngsterr
Quote:
Originally Posted by codyace View Post

Well if you're burning through pads that quickly, I'd be looking to make sure the slides are free/lubed. If they are, check to make sure the pad fits in the slider parts easily...as in no bind. Once you pass both those tests I start blaming a seized caliper (or even a poor rebuilt caliper ) and the lines. Beyond that the MC.

You can also have the little rod between the booster and the master slightly dragging, but it's unlikely if it worked for a while. Just a quarter turn off may reduce the drag.

Aside from that the only way to reduce pad taper is to run a 4 piston caliper (or a caliper with no slider pins), and then find the right compound to fit driving. Even on my car with the Carbotech XP12s, I get a slight bit of taper on the leading edge, but that is to be expected as I'm jumping on the brakes at 120. Now the Bobcat street compound I run has no taper, but I'm also quite nice to them (aside from the spirited back road beatings
He's running EBC yellows on stock calipers.
He loves them. When i redo his pad/rotors again ill check the slide pins and MC. Thanks
OCD isn't so bad just means you'll spend more money then most people, but you'll have a quality car not a POS put together with POS parts.
hOngsterr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2013, 12:17 AM   #14223
HipHopHippo
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (2)
HipHopHippo is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
is removing solid lifters the same as removing regular lifters where you just pull them out?
Old 07-09-2013, 12:31 AM   #14224
HipHopHippo
Zilvia Junkie

also, any ideas on how to remove a lifter with a broken off head? haha
Old 07-09-2013, 12:52 AM   #14225
ricefrier

ricefrier is an unknown quantity at this point
Alright I'm new to this but heres my question im in dire need of help and want to order a maf tonight. I've got my 1989 240sx with the sr20det s13 redtop motor. I had the ka24de maf sensor which you can't run thus why it was running like shit. I'm not getting a z32 because I don't have the money to tune it right now. I'm going with a ka24e maf but will my ka24de clip fit this maf so i dont have to rewire it? I also am having trouble really finding any ka24e maf's or sr20det mafs even. I need help!!!
ricefrier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2013, 02:56 AM   #14226
SupaDoopa
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (26)
SupaDoopa has made poor choicesSupaDoopa has made poor choicesSupaDoopa has made poor choicesSupaDoopa has made poor choicesSupaDoopa has made poor choicesSupaDoopa has made poor choicesSupaDoopa has made poor choices
Feedback Score: 26 reviews
Send a message via AIM to SupaDoopa
Quote:
Originally Posted by ricefrier View Post
Alright I'm new to this but heres my question im in dire need of help and want to order a maf tonight. I've got my 1989 240sx with the sr20det s13 redtop motor. I had the ka24de maf sensor which you can't run thus why it was running like shit. I'm not getting a z32 because I don't have the money to tune it right now. I'm going with a ka24e maf but will my ka24de clip fit this maf so i dont have to rewire it? I also am having trouble really finding any ka24e maf's or sr20det mafs even. I need help!!!
http://zilvia.net/f/tech-talk/83967-...f-sr20det.html

I think it says search first.
SupaDoopa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2013, 02:58 AM   #14227
Miguelone
Zilvia Member

Miguelone is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by HipHopHippo View Post
is removing solid lifters the same as removing regular lifters where you just pull them out?
They have shims under them, make sure you keep them with the lifter they came from. you may also need to check valve clearances and replace shims where necessary.
Old 07-09-2013, 07:26 AM   #14228
I'm Redline
Zilvia Addict

I'm Redline is a name known to allI'm Redline is a name known to allI'm Redline is a name known to allI'm Redline is a name known to allI'm Redline is a name known to allI'm Redline is a name known to allI'm Redline is a name known to allI'm Redline is a name known to allI'm Redline is a name known to allI'm Redline is a name known to allI'm Redline is a name known to all
Quote:
also, any ideas on how to remove a lifter with a broken off head? haha
I'm still trying to figure out how you broke a lifter...mystified

You may have to, yeah, you have to disassemble your head
Old 07-09-2013, 08:12 AM   #14229
HipHopHippo
Zilvia Junkie

Quote:
Originally Posted by I'm Redline View Post
I'm still trying to figure out how you broke a lifter...mystified

You may have to, yeah, you have to disassemble your head
If lifters just pull out then I doubt that, its just a matter of getting a grip on the lifter to be able to pull hard enough to get it out
Old 07-09-2013, 09:11 AM   #14230
oscarsx
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (6)
oscarsx is making his/her stupidity well-knownoscarsx is making his/her stupidity well-knownoscarsx is making his/her stupidity well-known
Feedback Score: 6 reviews
Anyone tell me what this piece is? Ka24de
- oz

Last edited by oscarsx; 05-11-2017 at 08:33 AM..
oscarsx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2013, 05:28 PM   #14231
oscarsx
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (6)
oscarsx is making his/her stupidity well-knownoscarsx is making his/her stupidity well-knownoscarsx is making his/her stupidity well-known
Feedback Score: 6 reviews
It think it might have something to do with the evap system, anyone confirm?

- oz
Old 07-09-2013, 06:37 PM   #14232
e5s4y
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (5)
e5s4y is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 5 reviews
code 11 and 21. 11 is CAS, 21 is ignition circuit. How do i go about fixing them? Car starts and drives ok, just suuuuper bogged down under load until it gets to about 5k. pretty annoying to deal with. last i checked timing was at 13* and all sensors checked out good, but that was about 8 months or so ago. Car has felt the same since then, just never really bothered to fix it until now. Will get it on a consult and write down all the numbers and whatnot to help, just seeing what suggestions people have
Old 07-09-2013, 08:34 PM   #14233
slow40sx
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (3)
slow40sx has much to be proud ofslow40sx has much to be proud ofslow40sx has much to be proud ofslow40sx has much to be proud ofslow40sx has much to be proud ofslow40sx has much to be proud ofslow40sx has much to be proud ofslow40sx has much to be proud ofslow40sx has much to be proud ofslow40sx has much to be proud ofslow40sx has much to be proud of
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
Send a message via AIM to slow40sx
I have a rhom tune ecu for my red top SR 550cc injectors t28 z maf and all that, but my ecu is tuned for all that plus 9:1 .020 bore pistons, my question is if I run that tune with a stock SR bottom is that a no go or will it still work properly??? Cause its tuned for that set up but the only difference will be stock bore and compression, I just don't know if that's enough of a difference to where I wouldn't be able to enjoy the car or possibly blow it up
Old 07-09-2013, 09:17 PM   #14234
codyace
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (58)
codyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 58 reviews
Send a message via AIM to codyace
Quote:
Originally Posted by slow40sx View Post
I have a rhom tune ecu for my red top SR 550cc injectors t28 z maf and all that, but my ecu is tuned for all that plus 9:1 .020 bore pistons, my question is if I run that tune with a stock SR bottom is that a no go or will it still work properly??? Cause its tuned for that set up but the only difference will be stock bore and compression, I just don't know if that's enough of a difference to where I wouldn't be able to enjoy the car or possibly blow it up

If the new setup is using the same injectors and MAF it should work just fine.

Want Air Conditioning in your SR20 Swapped car? Check out www.sr20acbrackets.com for more information!

Quest Alternator Conversions for SR20! Check my Group Buy!

Tired of lousy internal gates? Go external wastegate with one of my manifolds, Check out my group buy
codyace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2013, 01:24 AM   #14235
juhd
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (9)
juhd is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 9 reviews
ok so in this video what type of wire connectors is he using? male? female? SOMEONE PLEASE HELP! thanks!
240sx Sleepy Eye DIY - YouTube
juhd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2013, 03:18 AM   #14236
WristWork
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (12)
WristWork is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 12 reviews
Too much trouble just to get useless lights, cut the brown wire
If you insist, http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4HLgIibASP8
WristWork is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2013, 03:40 AM   #14237
ShimiBoi
Zilvia Member

ShimiBoi is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Check to seee if you didn't move the MAF or soemthign funny. An air filter change shouldn't have done that.

13.4 is *way* too lean at WOT and past 4k RPM
For the reply codyace, maf is always in the same position since the wiring is exactly the length. It's facing the right way, filter has a new green hks element. It feels better with the HKS but the lean condition scared me so I took it off. Not sure why it's so lean under boost.
ShimiBoi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2013, 06:20 AM   #14238
unnaturalsniper
Leaky Injector

unnaturalsniper is an unknown quantity at this point
alright.. so ive been searching google for the answer to this question.. like ive stated earlier, ive decided to buy a sr20. NOW my question is can you stroke it and still boost it? or is it dangerous to do so? im just curious if stroking it increases compression ratio? i know that you cant have high compression with boosted motors.. any help would be awesome.. just putting a list together for when i get home from afghan for the motor im building.
unnaturalsniper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2013, 06:37 AM   #14239
I'm Redline
Zilvia Addict

I'm Redline is a name known to allI'm Redline is a name known to allI'm Redline is a name known to allI'm Redline is a name known to allI'm Redline is a name known to allI'm Redline is a name known to allI'm Redline is a name known to allI'm Redline is a name known to allI'm Redline is a name known to allI'm Redline is a name known to allI'm Redline is a name known to all
Quote:
If lifters just pull out then I doubt that, its just a matter of getting a grip on the lifter to be able to pull hard enough to get it out

Lifters:

are NOT a part of this assembly

As you can see, disassembling the head, ie removing the cams, allows shims and buckets(improperly labeled as lifters in the photo diagram) to be removed so valve springs retainers can be removed and valves can be removed.

If you broke a 'bucket' that is under a shim, you are doing something wrong, or half assing the job by not taking the proper steps
Old 07-10-2013, 07:39 AM   #14240
HipHopHippo
Zilvia Junkie

Quote:
Originally Posted by I'm Redline View Post
Lifters:

are NOT a part of this assembly

As you can see, disassembling the head, ie removing the cams, allows shims and buckets(improperly labeled as lifters in the photo diagram) to be removed so valve springs retainers can be removed and valves can be removed.

If you broke a 'bucket' that is under a shim, you are doing something wrong, or half assing the job by not taking the proper steps
I have an sr20, and what I broke is definitely a lifter. But I already got it out

Old 07-10-2013, 07:40 AM   #14241
HipHopHippo
Zilvia Junkie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaaanrel View Post
ok so in this video what type of wire connectors is he using? male? female? SOMEONE PLEASE HELP! thanks!
240sx Sleepy Eye DIY - YouTube
Female spade connectors
Old 07-10-2013, 09:23 AM   #14242
driftbeats

driftbeats is an unknown quantity at this point
I stumble across quite a lot of sr20vet's and I want to know what are the differences between a normal det head and a ve one, why people use ve instead?
driftbeats is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2013, 09:43 AM   #14243
bc.
Zilvia Addict

bc. is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
I have an sr20, and what I broke is definitely a lifter. But I already got it out
Lol.

I want to see pictures of you garage, just to see if it lives up to my imagination.
Old 07-10-2013, 11:18 AM   #14244
Perfect Balance
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (1)
Perfect Balance is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Can someone tell me where the factory plug for the a/c condenser fan is for an s13? I'm trying to wire up the high speed on my altima fans to the a/c circuit and have it cut on with the switch, but when I did my sr swap I tucked away the wiring somewhere and I don't know where I'm supposed to even look. Also if someone has a picture of the actual plug that would be helpful too.
Perfect Balance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2013, 12:26 PM   #14245
acslater9
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (5)
acslater9 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 5 reviews
Confused noobie here.

I have a belt on my car that is off track how would I go about putting it back on track? Can I loosen the idler pully to fix it?
acslater9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2013, 01:29 PM   #14246
Ackaraseav

Ackaraseav is an unknown quantity at this point
Where should I start car been sitting for years rats are up wiring I did a full gutting pulled off all dashes now going for the engine I want this baby running. I'm young and dumb help a brotha out with his s14
Attached Images
File Type: jpg image.jpg (537.9 KB, 8 views)
Ackaraseav is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2013, 01:54 PM   #14247
bc.
Zilvia Addict

bc. is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by Perfect Balance View Post
Can someone tell me where the factory plug for the a/c condenser fan is for an s13? I'm trying to wire up the high speed on my altima fans to the a/c circuit and have it cut on with the switch, but when I did my sr swap I tucked away the wiring somewhere and I don't know where I'm supposed to even look. Also if someone has a picture of the actual plug that would be helpful too.
Up by the passenger head lamp. Should be near (on top of) that mass of wires coming from your fuse box up there.
Old 07-10-2013, 02:49 PM   #14248
HipHopHippo
Zilvia Junkie

Quote:
Originally Posted by bc. View Post
Lol.

I want to see pictures of you garage, just to see if it lives up to my imagination.
Old 07-10-2013, 03:13 PM   #14249
juhd
Zilvia Junkie

juhd is an unknown quantity at this point
alright i know ima get a lot of heat for this one by people saying to just search it, buuuuut are SR20's legal in California?
juhd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2013, 03:26 PM   #14250
slow40sx
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (3)
slow40sx has much to be proud ofslow40sx has much to be proud ofslow40sx has much to be proud ofslow40sx has much to be proud ofslow40sx has much to be proud ofslow40sx has much to be proud ofslow40sx has much to be proud ofslow40sx has much to be proud ofslow40sx has much to be proud ofslow40sx has much to be proud ofslow40sx has much to be proud of
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
Send a message via AIM to slow40sx
Quote:
If the new setup is using the same injectors and MAF it should work just fine.
Awesome, thanks buddy