Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Chat

Chat General Discussion About The Nissan 240SX and Nissan Z Cars

Old 08-13-2012, 08:43 AM   #13891
delado
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (11)
delado is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 11 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by boniomario View Post
you know what's interesting is that if you buy a kouki from a person who knows nothing about how zilvians or any other 240 enthusiast are into it, the usual sell price is around $5K

I go to auctions almost every week, seen some mint koukis roll through there and sell for $5-6K

Just thought I share what I see everyday
See, but even 5-6k for a 14 year old car with a lot of mileage is still silly though.
Quote:
Originally Posted by silviaks2nr View Post
That's because everyone with a zenki feels sorry for themselves and they find commonality in the fact that there's no hope for making them look remotely good.
delado is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 08-13-2012, 10:06 AM   #13892
2muchboost
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (33)
2muchboost is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 33 reviews
Agreed....people are going absolutely insane with 240sx prices these days. I really dont see where the average person selling a 240sx gets their expected sale prices these days.
2muchboost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2012, 10:54 AM   #13893
Om1kron
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (15)
Om1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 15 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by fliprayzin240sx View Post
$8K...is it 2007 again?
Despite how unbelievably clean that car is, unless you're leaving it stock then why waste a perfectly good car?
Old 08-13-2012, 11:38 AM   #13894
fliprayzin240sx
Man w/ CTSV & a Car Seat

Trader Rating: (19)
fliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 19 reviews
Send a message via AIM to fliprayzin240sx
Quote:
Originally Posted by Om1kron View Post
Despite how unbelievably clean that car is, unless you're leaving it stock then why waste a perfectly good car?
Exactly...why would I wanna spend that much money on a car I'm gonna mod anyways? I bought a 95 zenki, no rust, body is straight, fairly stock, I've replaced almost everything about it. Suspension has been replaced, seats replaced, front end converted to Kouki, in the middle of an RB swap, the only downside of my car right now is the damn paint. But then my situation is a lil unique since I already had all this parts from my last car. Only thing I've bought for this car that I didnt already have was the D-Max Wing and fresh tires.

If you think Zilvia has too many assholes...
CLICK HERE!!!
fliprayzin240sx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2012, 12:26 PM   #13895
KravingAKouki
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (2)
KravingAKouki is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Since I am in the same boat, I would buy a kouki like that at around that price range, keep it stock and clean for as long as possible until the car craps out, then go about modding it. If you want a straight project car from right out the gate, dont buy something you would feel funny modding.
KravingAKouki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2012, 12:41 PM   #13896
mugenjibz

Trader Rating: (0)
mugenjibz is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Send a message via AIM to mugenjibz

TM-SPL at Petrolwerks meet
Old 08-13-2012, 01:28 PM   #13897
MidnightKouki
Zilvia Member

MidnightKouki is an unknown quantity at this point
^^^What trunk lip is that on the white one??

After like 5 months of waiting....the new hood is here. Fits perfectly too

Last edited by MidnightKouki; 08-13-2012 at 02:05 PM..
MidnightKouki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2012, 01:34 PM   #13898
smellslikecurry
Post Whore!

smellslikecurry is close to perfectionsmellslikecurry is close to perfectionsmellslikecurry is close to perfectionsmellslikecurry is close to perfectionsmellslikecurry is close to perfectionsmellslikecurry is close to perfectionsmellslikecurry is close to perfectionsmellslikecurry is close to perfectionsmellslikecurry is close to perfectionsmellslikecurry is close to perfectionsmellslikecurry is close to perfection
cwest

msg length
Old 08-13-2012, 02:37 PM   #13899
Om1kron
Post Whore!

Om1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfection
Quote:
Originally Posted by blueshark123 View Post
Hey omikron any tips or close up pics you can give me regarding the rear over fenders install. Also did you install the gas cap, thanks.
Here are two blog posts, one outlining prep for the show.

Simone : My 1996 240sx: The Nisei Race

second has all of those up close gruesome shots you're curious about.

Simone : My 1996 240sx: Photodump @ Jordan Innovations

Old 08-13-2012, 03:04 PM   #13900
95KA-Turbo
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (19)
95KA-Turbo has much to be proud of95KA-Turbo has much to be proud of95KA-Turbo has much to be proud of95KA-Turbo has much to be proud of95KA-Turbo has much to be proud of95KA-Turbo has much to be proud of95KA-Turbo has much to be proud of95KA-Turbo has much to be proud of95KA-Turbo has much to be proud of95KA-Turbo has much to be proud of95KA-Turbo has much to be proud of
Feedback Score: 19 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Om1kron View Post
it's a 225. I most likely will get a 265 up there when I get the chargespeeds up front.

you of all people should know i give a flying fuck about wheel fitment and other peoples opionions. Overfenders cover the wheels. Raising the rear makes the front lower and kills ground clerance. And stresses the front brakes more. Function>all. Again chassis is at an even height all around. So if I raise the rear the front is coming back up.
Yeah I know, you're strongly opinionated and don't like hearing peoples suggestions. If you only cared about function you wouldn't have that massive fiberglass kit, you'd have OEM bumpers for massive amounts of ground clearance...since that seems to be the only thing you consider to be 'function'. I was merely stating that I think it looks fucking retarded tucking rear wheel while not even tucking the tire up front as politely as I could...but I forgot you don't display courtesy when speaking to others. I can respect the quality and effort you put into your car and I can respect that you don't care what other people think, I just wish you weren't such a dick about it.

Instagram - SJKnoop
95KA-Turbo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2012, 04:02 PM   #13901
smellslikecurry
Post Whore!

smellslikecurry is close to perfectionsmellslikecurry is close to perfectionsmellslikecurry is close to perfectionsmellslikecurry is close to perfectionsmellslikecurry is close to perfectionsmellslikecurry is close to perfectionsmellslikecurry is close to perfectionsmellslikecurry is close to perfectionsmellslikecurry is close to perfectionsmellslikecurry is close to perfectionsmellslikecurry is close to perfection
Streets Are Life Meet / At PetrolWerks - YouTube

1:21

Can't wait to finish wrapping the front bumper.
Old 08-13-2012, 04:09 PM   #13902
Quail
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (1)
Quail is close to perfectionQuail is close to perfectionQuail is close to perfectionQuail is close to perfectionQuail is close to perfectionQuail is close to perfectionQuail is close to perfectionQuail is close to perfectionQuail is close to perfectionQuail is close to perfectionQuail is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Send a message via MSN to Quail
^ Killing it man. I've been admiring pics of it on Jason's FB and didn't even realise it was yours!
Old 08-13-2012, 04:35 PM   #13903
AKsamuraiS14
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (9)
AKsamuraiS14 has a reputation beyond reputeAKsamuraiS14 has a reputation beyond reputeAKsamuraiS14 has a reputation beyond reputeAKsamuraiS14 has a reputation beyond reputeAKsamuraiS14 has a reputation beyond reputeAKsamuraiS14 has a reputation beyond reputeAKsamuraiS14 has a reputation beyond reputeAKsamuraiS14 has a reputation beyond reputeAKsamuraiS14 has a reputation beyond reputeAKsamuraiS14 has a reputation beyond reputeAKsamuraiS14 has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 9 reviews
Old 08-13-2012, 04:42 PM   #13904
bigs
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (6)
bigs is a glorious beacon of lightbigs is a glorious beacon of lightbigs is a glorious beacon of lightbigs is a glorious beacon of lightbigs is a glorious beacon of lightbigs is a glorious beacon of lightbigs is a glorious beacon of lightbigs is a glorious beacon of lightbigs is a glorious beacon of lightbigs is a glorious beacon of lightbigs is a glorious beacon of light
Feedback Score: 6 reviews
turbo2nr, looking realllll good. Love the changes you made, and i'm looking forward to seeing the vents painted!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 95KA-Turbo View Post
I was merely stating that I think it looks fucking retarded tucking rear wheel while not even tucking the tire up front as politely as I could...but I forgot you don't display courtesy when speaking to others.
THANK YOU! We're all thinking it...

Om1kron is the king of terrible execution of nice parts. It's been proven time and time again, each time of which I held my breath and was thoroughly let down.
bigs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2012, 04:57 PM   #13905
Om1kron
Post Whore!

just trollin on thru! have fun guys =)
Old 08-13-2012, 05:20 PM   #13906
KiLLeR2001
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (46)
KiLLeR2001 has much to be proud ofKiLLeR2001 has much to be proud ofKiLLeR2001 has much to be proud ofKiLLeR2001 has much to be proud ofKiLLeR2001 has much to be proud ofKiLLeR2001 has much to be proud ofKiLLeR2001 has much to be proud ofKiLLeR2001 has much to be proud ofKiLLeR2001 has much to be proud ofKiLLeR2001 has much to be proud ofKiLLeR2001 has much to be proud of
Feedback Score: 46 reviews
Wayne T. Edwards, I think its fine. I wouldn't lower the car anymore, but I would focus on maybe mimicking the same type of flare action with the front fenders.
Old 08-13-2012, 05:20 PM   #13907
LEG1T
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (3)
LEG1T is close to perfectionLEG1T is close to perfectionLEG1T is close to perfectionLEG1T is close to perfectionLEG1T is close to perfectionLEG1T is close to perfectionLEG1T is close to perfectionLEG1T is close to perfectionLEG1T is close to perfectionLEG1T is close to perfectionLEG1T is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 3 reviews

The meet was a blast!!! My car far right..
Old 08-13-2012, 05:36 PM   #13908
bunny13
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (21)
bunny13 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 21 reviews
bunny13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2012, 05:38 PM   #13909
spooled240
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (27)
spooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 27 reviews
^ zenki bumper and hood? dahell?
Quote:
Originally Posted by turbo2nr View Post
no more cookie-cutter kouki

vents and hood to be painted soon

tmspl holding it down at a local NYC meet
I'm diggin the vents, looks like gp sports!
spooled240 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2012, 05:55 PM   #13910
bunny13
Zilvia Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by spooled240 View Post
^ zenki bumper and hood? dahell?
I believe it's a chop of Mark Arcenal's zenki when it was at that primer grey stage. Found it on some Spanish forum.
Old 08-13-2012, 06:08 PM   #13911
s-cargo
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (2)
s-cargo has made poor choicess-cargo has made poor choicess-cargo has made poor choicess-cargo has made poor choicess-cargo has made poor choicess-cargo has made poor choicess-cargo has made poor choices
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nintensity View Post
Hey guys, i came across a '98 SE kouki, with only 57,000 miles (92000 kms up here in Canada), 1 owner. Maintained by a mature owner. He's selling it for 8,000. Should I Jump for it? I already own a Kouki, and i'm already planning it to make it my project car.... but damn. this one is CLEAN!! soooo good! It's one of the cleanest kouki's I've ever seen O_o

]
Why does it not have se seats??
s-cargo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2012, 06:08 PM   #13912
xoxide
Post Whore!

xoxide is an unknown quantity at this point
Photoshopped, but I kind of like it... Not the primer or anything but the bumper looks kind of cool haha.

And the kouki for $8k... Has been crashed before... The radiator support has been repainted, and sprayed with clear coat... Should be flat clear like the rest of the engine bay.
xoxide is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2012, 06:28 PM   #13913
bunny13
Zilvia Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by xoxide View Post
Photoshopped, but I kind of like it... Not the primer or anything but the bumper looks kind of cool haha.
I can agree with this. Some people want to bash chops, but they offer up ideas from time to time.
Old 08-13-2012, 07:04 PM   #13914
tricky_ab
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (23)
tricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud of
Feedback Score: 23 reviews
tricky_ab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2012, 08:50 PM   #13915
Om1kron
Post Whore!

wasnt that the white kouki with the cs rears on all oem aero? Or was that a different car?

Sent from my Milestone X using Tapatalk 2
Old 08-13-2012, 09:23 PM   #13916
smellslikecurry
Post Whore!

different car. you are thinking about whitenoise (nino)
Old 08-13-2012, 10:34 PM   #13917
yiddo

yiddo is an unknown quantity at this point
Damn - 5k for a Kouki..

Over here I had to pay 12k for a good one..
yiddo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2012, 10:36 PM   #13918
revat619
Retired General

Trader Rating: (7)
revat619 is close to perfectionrevat619 is close to perfectionrevat619 is close to perfectionrevat619 is close to perfectionrevat619 is close to perfectionrevat619 is close to perfectionrevat619 is close to perfectionrevat619 is close to perfectionrevat619 is close to perfectionrevat619 is close to perfectionrevat619 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 7 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by turbo2nr View Post
no more cookie-cutter kouki

I like this! Is that gp sports sides and rear?
Instagram: @rjsladerade
revat619 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2012, 01:37 AM   #13919
tougetuned
Zilvia Member

tougetuned is making a name for him/her selftougetuned is making a name for him/her self
tougetuned is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2012, 05:19 AM   #13920
smellslikecurry
Post Whore!

Quote:
Originally Posted by revat619 View Post
I like this! Is that gp sports sides and rear?
yessir. when he drove the car back from the body shop all of us were speechless. hes going to be killing it with his new wheels and paint.