Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > Specific Topics > Off Topic Chat

Off Topic Chat All non related chat goes here.

Old 02-09-2021, 09:14 PM   #13711
Corbic
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (8)
Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic
Feedback Score: 8 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheRealSy90 View Post
This truck is barely longer than the outgoing model.

There's also a long bed too.
Doesn't change the proportions.
Corbic is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 02-10-2021, 10:39 AM   #13712
Future240
Future Moderator

Trader Rating: (17)
Future240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 17 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Future240 Send a message via MSN to Future240 Send a message via Yahoo to Future240
Quote:
Originally Posted by exitspeed View Post
https://www.autoblog.com/2021/02/09/...-celica-rumor/

Well this is interesting. Toyota may make a Toyota badged WRX, possibly a coupe!!?? Celica Alltrac? Doubt this will happen but it?s a pretty cool thought.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I agree on the doubt. NO way its a coupe. That would basically make the Gr86/brz pointless unless they had major price drops.
Future240 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2021, 10:51 AM   #13713
kingkilburn
Philosopher King

Trader Rating: (0)
kingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Why would that make it pointless when the cars already coexist?
Old 02-10-2021, 10:54 AM   #13714
ronmcdon
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (6)
ronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 6 reviews
I think that's an incredibly disappointing and depressing idea. why badge engineer a wrx when you can just bring the yaris gr over? failing that just use the yaris' awd and 3 cylinder turbo powertrain on the corolla hatch. jeez toyota quit being so miserly & risk aversive already. Its not like the company is not doing well.
ronmcdon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2021, 11:01 AM   #13715
cdlong
Nissanaholic!

cdlong has a brilliant futurecdlong has a brilliant futurecdlong has a brilliant futurecdlong has a brilliant futurecdlong has a brilliant futurecdlong has a brilliant futurecdlong has a brilliant futurecdlong has a brilliant futurecdlong has a brilliant futurecdlong has a brilliant futurecdlong has a brilliant future
Send a message via AIM to cdlong
Quote:
Originally Posted by Future240 View Post
I agree on the doubt. NO way its a coupe. That would basically make the Gr86/brz pointless unless they had major price drops.
Probably coupe like a GM Impreza, just a sedan with only two doors, rather than 86 or 240 like low slung coupe.
Old 02-10-2021, 11:37 AM   #13716
SimpleS14
Post Whore!

SimpleS14 is close to perfectionSimpleS14 is close to perfectionSimpleS14 is close to perfectionSimpleS14 is close to perfectionSimpleS14 is close to perfectionSimpleS14 is close to perfectionSimpleS14 is close to perfectionSimpleS14 is close to perfectionSimpleS14 is close to perfectionSimpleS14 is close to perfectionSimpleS14 is close to perfection
Quote:

Well this is interesting. Toyota may make a Toyota badged WRX, possibly a coupe!!?? Celica Alltrac? Doubt this will happen but it?s a pretty cool thought.

It's an interesting concept, but don't see it becoming a reality. Don't really see much demand for such a vehicle, unless Toyota is looking to add a new entry into WRC as a callback to Celica's history.
Old 02-10-2021, 11:43 AM   #13717
Future240
Future Moderator

Trader Rating: (17)
Future240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 17 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Future240 Send a message via MSN to Future240 Send a message via Yahoo to Future240
Quote:
Originally Posted by kingkilburn View Post
Why would that make it pointless when the cars already coexist?
Let me clarify.

In response to Exit's post

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exitspeed
Toyota may make a Toyota badged WRX, possibly a coupe!!??
I meant a turbo coupe from Toyota based on the WRX drivetrain would make the BRZ/GT86 pointless cars as the BRZ/GT86 are already that sans turbo. Which means to make sense the twins would need a serious price drop to slot in a new car which would have to be around the WRX's price.

The WRX msrp and the twins msrp are not that far off. Heck the BRZ limited is more than the WRX base.

So if Toyo dropped a FA20/24 powered coupe and priced it between 28k-30k, who in their right mind would buy a GT86/brz?
Future240 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2021, 12:28 AM   #13718
ronmcdon
Post Whore!

ronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfection
probably they'd still get the 86 b/c its a light and nimble car. its not all about power output.

i'm also with cdlong as in this being similar to the 2 door impreza in the late 90s. The 22b was technically a coupe. Some have speculated next Sti could be a coupe.

aside from badge engineering the wrx (saab did it and not sure that did well), this doesn't make a lot of sense. overall dont find this plausibe.
Old 02-11-2021, 05:53 AM   #13719
Antihero983
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (2)
Antihero983 is close to perfectionAntihero983 is close to perfectionAntihero983 is close to perfectionAntihero983 is close to perfectionAntihero983 is close to perfectionAntihero983 is close to perfectionAntihero983 is close to perfectionAntihero983 is close to perfectionAntihero983 is close to perfectionAntihero983 is close to perfectionAntihero983 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Antihero983 Send a message via MSN to Antihero983
Most likely a Celica.
Old 02-12-2021, 06:13 AM   #13720
exitspeed
aWingThing.com

Trader Rating: (1)
exitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Prooooobably reading too much into this but is he teasing the direction of the next GTR? A Kenmeri inspired GTR would sell like hot cakes.

Old 02-12-2021, 06:34 AM   #13721
Bluejayde
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (4)
Bluejayde has a reputation beyond reputeBluejayde has a reputation beyond reputeBluejayde has a reputation beyond reputeBluejayde has a reputation beyond reputeBluejayde has a reputation beyond reputeBluejayde has a reputation beyond reputeBluejayde has a reputation beyond reputeBluejayde has a reputation beyond reputeBluejayde has a reputation beyond reputeBluejayde has a reputation beyond reputeBluejayde has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 4 reviews
Quote:
A Kenmeri inspired GTR would sell like hot cakes.
It would? I feel like the people who bought GTR's just wanted a cheaper Japanese Lambo, not the same folks with a burning love for 70's Japanese retro design.

Like they'd rather import/build a Kenmeri than buy a new GTR with a few stomach-turning hints at one.
Bluejayde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2021, 08:32 AM   #13722
exitspeed
aWingThing.com

exitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfection
The Future Automotive Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluejayde View Post
It would? I feel like the people who bought GTR's just wanted a cheaper Japanese Lambo, not the same folks with a burning love for 70's Japanese retro design.

Like they'd rather import/build a Kenmeri than buy a new GTR with a few stomach-turning hints at one.

I?d buy one. As much as I love old cars I?m not sure I really want a classic car any more (a 930 turbo might be the one exception). I?m fully aware I?m in the minority here but I haven?t had a car more than a couple years old in over a decade now.

Seriously though, give me a kenmeri/IDX with 500hp, awd for $75k, I?m all I?m.

Last edited by exitspeed; 02-12-2021 at 10:12 AM..
exitspeed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2021, 10:27 AM   #13723
kingkilburn
Philosopher King

kingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfection
Where does a 70s retro rwd coupe fit into a lineup that already has a Z?

If they want to go retro with the gtr merge it back into the skyline name and make it an amalgamation of the best parts of the R chassis gtr.
Old 02-13-2021, 07:27 AM   #13724
exitspeed
aWingThing.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingkilburn View Post
Where does a 70s retro rwd coupe fit into a lineup that already has a Z?

If they want to go retro with the gtr merge it back into the skyline name and make it an amalgamation of the best parts of the R chassis gtr.

Why not? Ghosn isn?t around to spoil all the fun. If the Z topped out at $50k and the GTR went down market to male it more accessible and started at $60 and maybe went up to $85 that would be fantastic. Then while we?re at it revive the IDX as a RWD EV in both coupe and sedan form and Nissan is sexy and cool again. Oh yeah, Maxima becomes a Model S fighting EV.

Old 02-13-2021, 10:47 AM   #13725
kingkilburn
Philosopher King

If we're doing all that bring back the Skyline proper to sit between the Z and gtr with gtr as the halo car. Give the Z an identity that doesn't try to make it fake being a halo car.
Old 02-15-2021, 06:17 AM   #13726
exitspeed
aWingThing.com

https://www.engadget.com/jaguar-will...121436428.html

Jaguar will be all electric by 2030 with the start of the shift beginning in just 3 years. That?s crazy fast.

I just want to soak this in as a car enthusiast. We?re living through the first real automobile revolution. In 20 years (fuck I?ll be 61) gas cars really will only be collectibles.

What a time to be alive. Hate it or love it, it?s happening.

Old 02-15-2021, 07:00 AM   #13727
cdlong
Nissanaholic!

cdlong has a brilliant futurecdlong has a brilliant futurecdlong has a brilliant futurecdlong has a brilliant futurecdlong has a brilliant futurecdlong has a brilliant futurecdlong has a brilliant futurecdlong has a brilliant futurecdlong has a brilliant futurecdlong has a brilliant futurecdlong has a brilliant future
Quote:

Jaguar will be all electric by 2030 with the start of the shift beginning in just 3 years. That?s crazy fast.

I just want to soak this in as a car enthusiast. We?re living through the first real automobile revolution. In 20 years (fuck I?ll be 61) gas cars really will only be collectibles.

Jesus you're old, now I know why you're so crotchety
Old 02-15-2021, 08:32 AM   #13728
KA24DESOneThree
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (2)
KA24DESOneThree is close to perfectionKA24DESOneThree is close to perfectionKA24DESOneThree is close to perfectionKA24DESOneThree is close to perfectionKA24DESOneThree is close to perfectionKA24DESOneThree is close to perfectionKA24DESOneThree is close to perfectionKA24DESOneThree is close to perfectionKA24DESOneThree is close to perfectionKA24DESOneThree is close to perfectionKA24DESOneThree is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Quote:

I'm trying to figure out how much I'm willing to pay to import and legalize a French hot hatch before they banish that pathway. Too bad I have to "finish a project" before I "take on another project that has no US parts avenues and even things like glass would become weeks-long processes of sadness and regret." Bah.

There are plenty of cars if you look backward. What's behind you is of great importance.
KA24DESOneThree is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2021, 08:51 AM   #13729
LI NY 240sx
Leaky Injector

Trader Rating: (10)
LI NY 240sx is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 10 reviews
I wonder what gas will cost in 20 years
LI NY 240sx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2021, 09:31 AM   #13730
collegekid
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (4)
collegekid is a name known to allcollegekid is a name known to allcollegekid is a name known to allcollegekid is a name known to allcollegekid is a name known to allcollegekid is a name known to allcollegekid is a name known to allcollegekid is a name known to allcollegekid is a name known to allcollegekid is a name known to allcollegekid is a name known to all
Feedback Score: 4 reviews
^ If gas still exists.

I'm wondering what stuff will we truly have to come up with ourselves. Maybe we can still rebuild mechanical pieces on a car. Let's say we are able to use little arduino boards and what not to replace the electrical shit on a car. Make an aftermarket ECU run the car in it's entirety.

Who will still make Powersteering fluid, gear oil, engine oil, coolant, gasoline?
collegekid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2021, 10:41 AM   #13731
TheRealSy90
Post Whore!

TheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant future
Quote:
Originally Posted by collegekid View Post
^ If gas still exists.
Who will still make Powersteering fluid, gear oil, engine oil, coolant, gasoline?
As long as rubber tires are still needed on road going vehicles, petroleum will still be needed to produce them. Also there are many other fluids aside from gasoline that are still needed in EV.
Afaik it takes like 7 GALLONS of oil to make ONE average tire.
TheRealSy90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2021, 11:08 AM   #13732
cdlong
Nissanaholic!

Seriously, gas powered cars will be on the road and be getting support for decades. Probably through our lifetimes. There are cars currently on the road that were built decades before I was born. They're aren't going anywhere.
Old 02-15-2021, 11:31 AM   #13733
kingkilburn
Philosopher King

Unless petroleum and internal combustion is outlawed we'll be getting access to gasoline and diesel for the rest of our lives.
Old 02-15-2021, 06:52 PM   #13734
exitspeed
aWingThing.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by LI NY 240sx View Post
I wonder what gas will cost in 20 years

Cheap. There is SO much of it and it?s still cheap. 20 years, especially if we?re talking declining usage, won?t put a dent in it. And plus there are waaaay too many petrol cars out there and too much money invested into them to just stop producing it.

Old 02-15-2021, 07:30 PM   #13735
cured13
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (11)
cured13 has a spectacular aura aboutcured13 has a spectacular aura aboutcured13 has a spectacular aura aboutcured13 has a spectacular aura aboutcured13 has a spectacular aura aboutcured13 has a spectacular aura aboutcured13 has a spectacular aura about
Feedback Score: 11 reviews
The price of the fuel will go up by taxation - governments will need more money to support "green energy".
Beside that,
now when North American oil is rejected by Americans, OPEC will keep prices high by controlling production and export.

Electric cars won't be cheep and reliable anytime soon and only moving ALL manufacturing to Asia will make them affordable for the masses.
By then many won't even be thinking about owning a car or whatever will that be called.
cured13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2021, 08:27 AM   #13736
kingkilburn
Philosopher King

Doom. Doom I say!
Old 02-16-2021, 10:33 AM   #13737
ronmcdon
Post Whore!

idk if the cost of fuel goes up, but I do hope the value of our cars do in 20 years. would be great if one could sell a used 240 for $100k then.

I wouldn't worry too much about gas or ic engines at this point. no way one can predict something that far out ahead. I don't want to even imagine what global warming will look like in 20 years. that scares me more than anything.
Old 02-17-2021, 07:15 PM   #13738
Alex Mcknz

Alex Mcknz is an unknown quantity at this point
The news that I have seen recently is about e-vehicles and the elimination of gas-powered vehicles.
Alex Mcknz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2021, 03:43 PM   #13739
drift freaq
R.I.P. Aya, always love

Trader Rating: (215)
drift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 215 reviews
Quote:

This was posted over on the FiestaST forums and I will sum up what I said there.

This whole idea makes no sense whatsoever.
1. Toyota already has a AWD hot hatch in the Yaris GR which is not available stateside. 2. They also have the Corolla Hatch GR coming out.

3. Suburu is not going to make a car that eats into its beloved WRX/STI Sales hell they did not want to even Turbocharge the BRZ which they should have done because of that.

Given all of the above why would either company move to make a another hot hatch it completely defies any Logic for either company.
To add to that Toyota has AWD and hybrid tech out the ass. I could see them selling some hybrid tech to Suburu but doing a Hot Hatch together ah no.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alex Mcknz View Post
The news that I have seen recently is about e-vehicles and the elimination of gas-powered vehicles.
Ya as far as new sales goes. Though they can?t just up and outlaw used cars. They can try regulating them to death. Of course there will be just enough pushback to not kill them altogether. I live in California , I have seen the states concerted effort to get old cars that fail ever stringent smog standards off the road. The dumb people will willingly dump the cars but the enthusiasts will cling on as they do today.
If California cannot manage to remove all of them so goes the country. :lol:

New Video
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uebV1OnbRsw
Buy my mounts!
http://zilvia.net/f/sale-items/51531...ns-mounts.html
http://zilvia.net/f/tech-talk/317539...e-mouts-6.html
drift freaq is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2021, 05:42 PM   #13740
LI NY 240sx
Leaky Injector

LI NY 240sx is an unknown quantity at this point
I can foresee some over-zealous climate activists vandalizing cars with IC engines. Kinda like when they would spray paint fur coats.
LI NY 240sx is offline   Reply With Quote