Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Chat

Chat General Discussion About The Nissan 240SX and Nissan Z Cars

Old 08-05-2012, 09:38 AM   #13681
silviaks2nr
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (10)
silviaks2nr is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 10 reviews
^ rear tire is shorter than the front. found some from cars and coffee

silviaks2nr is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 08-05-2012, 09:41 AM   #13682
fliprayzin240sx
Man w/ CTSV & a Car Seat

Trader Rating: (19)
fliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 19 reviews
Send a message via AIM to fliprayzin240sx
Every time I see that car, I keep thinking to myself, "damn, that accord rear lip really isnt that bad." But it really only flows decent with the USDM sideskirts.

If you think Zilvia has too many assholes...
CLICK HERE!!!
fliprayzin240sx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2012, 10:22 AM   #13683
holemilk00
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (33)
holemilk00 is a jewel in the roughholemilk00 is a jewel in the roughholemilk00 is a jewel in the roughholemilk00 is a jewel in the roughholemilk00 is a jewel in the roughholemilk00 is a jewel in the roughholemilk00 is a jewel in the rough
Feedback Score: 33 reviews
Ok just because I'm tired of seeing it said over and over. Those are kouki skirts, there is no difference between JDM kouki skirts and USDM kouki skirts. The NaVan skirts were JDM zenki skirts and were optional on JDM kouki's. Here are stock Nissan photos to show what I mean. And I'm not pointing a just you flip, it's been said a dozen times on the last 10 pages or so.

JDM

USDM
Old 08-05-2012, 10:27 AM   #13684
allntrlundrgrnd
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (17)
allntrlundrgrnd is close to perfectionallntrlundrgrnd is close to perfectionallntrlundrgrnd is close to perfectionallntrlundrgrnd is close to perfectionallntrlundrgrnd is close to perfectionallntrlundrgrnd is close to perfectionallntrlundrgrnd is close to perfectionallntrlundrgrnd is close to perfectionallntrlundrgrnd is close to perfectionallntrlundrgrnd is close to perfectionallntrlundrgrnd is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 17 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nismo-kouki View Post
New wheels, thinking about going JDM aero this winter when I repaint my car.

This is very pretty. Wheel/tire specs? CE28's?
allntrlundrgrnd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2012, 10:48 AM   #13685
florante rea
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (43)
florante rea is a glorious beacon of lightflorante rea is a glorious beacon of lightflorante rea is a glorious beacon of lightflorante rea is a glorious beacon of lightflorante rea is a glorious beacon of lightflorante rea is a glorious beacon of lightflorante rea is a glorious beacon of lightflorante rea is a glorious beacon of lightflorante rea is a glorious beacon of lightflorante rea is a glorious beacon of lightflorante rea is a glorious beacon of light
Feedback Score: 43 reviews
Send a message via AIM to florante rea Send a message via Yahoo to florante rea
I think those r rota rep, not volk ce28's!
Old 08-05-2012, 11:22 AM   #13686
fliprayzin240sx
Man w/ CTSV & a Car Seat

fliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfection
Quote:
Originally Posted by holemilk00 View Post
Ok just because I'm tired of seeing it said over and over. Those are kouki skirts, there is no difference between JDM kouki skirts and USDM kouki skirts. The NaVan skirts were JDM zenki skirts and were optional on JDM kouki's. Here are stock Nissan photos to show what I mean. And I'm not pointing a just you flip, it's been said a dozen times on the last 10 pages or so.

JDM

USDM
But we also know there are only one kind of skirts for the US. Also, there are actually 2 kinds of Zenki skirts. The regular JDM zenki skirts and there are actual Navan skirts that look like the JDM Zenki ones but are actually a tad bit lower.

CLICK HERE!!!
Old 08-05-2012, 12:02 PM   #13687
allntrlundrgrnd
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (17)
allntrlundrgrnd is close to perfectionallntrlundrgrnd is close to perfectionallntrlundrgrnd is close to perfectionallntrlundrgrnd is close to perfectionallntrlundrgrnd is close to perfectionallntrlundrgrnd is close to perfectionallntrlundrgrnd is close to perfectionallntrlundrgrnd is close to perfectionallntrlundrgrnd is close to perfectionallntrlundrgrnd is close to perfectionallntrlundrgrnd is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 17 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by florante rea View Post
Well, they should be.
allntrlundrgrnd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2012, 12:15 PM   #13688
kalypso123
(ノಠ益ಠ)ノ彡

Trader Rating: (2)
kalypso123 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigs View Post
WOAH

#Hotspec
kalypso123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2012, 05:04 PM   #13689
Sumslapper
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (5)
Sumslapper is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 5 reviews
Sumslapper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2012, 05:27 PM   #13690
xoxide
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (21)
xoxide is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 21 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by florante rea View Post
Rotas dont look that good haha. They look like Varrstoen "classic 300 series" wheels, judging by the center caps and the fact they're polished.
xoxide is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2012, 05:40 PM   #13691
az_240
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (41)
az_240 is just really niceaz_240 is just really niceaz_240 is just really niceaz_240 is just really niceaz_240 is just really niceaz_240 is just really niceaz_240 is just really niceaz_240 is just really niceaz_240 is just really nice
Feedback Score: 41 reviews
Send a message via AIM to az_240
Quote:
Originally Posted by fliprayzin240sx View Post
But we also know there are only one kind of skirts for the US. Also, there are actually 2 kinds of Zenki skirts. The regular JDM zenki skirts and there are actual Navan skirts that look like the JDM Zenki ones but are actually a tad bit lower.
Pics of this? I saw this being discussed on the gunmetal navan rep thread but nobody could provide proof.
az_240 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2012, 06:01 PM   #13692
tougetuned
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (0)
tougetuned is making a name for him/her selftougetuned is making a name for him/her self
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Thanks man. Like you said the dent isn't bad, I'm pretty sure I could get most of it out myself with my roller and from the inside. I was already looking to sell the wheels and go wider and the car already needed paint. It's significantly harder to find decently aggressive sizes for stock body without having to space or poke. That and I already have a set lined up depending on how much I'm getting from her insurance. I was already at 9.5 -12 with spacers on the rpf1's on the stock front metal metal which is almost the same as the new wheels I would be getting. The rears are 11 -5 so I could run less camber in the rear without pulling a lot more. I drive the car really hard quite frequently so some of the reasons for the setup are to keep a good alignment for grip, I'll be getting another set of wheels for track days etc. Mainly just unsure how I will like the look with that much lip on stock aero.
Old 08-05-2012, 06:14 PM   #13693
97nismo
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (53)
97nismo is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 53 reviews
red car looks photo shopped

flip was right...as for the usdm skirts....i think its implied if you do infact say udsm you mean the stock and jdm means the zenki or navan...

i didnt know the difference in the navan and jdm kouki... thought they were the same
Old 08-05-2012, 06:19 PM   #13694
bigs
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (6)
bigs is a glorious beacon of lightbigs is a glorious beacon of lightbigs is a glorious beacon of lightbigs is a glorious beacon of lightbigs is a glorious beacon of lightbigs is a glorious beacon of lightbigs is a glorious beacon of lightbigs is a glorious beacon of lightbigs is a glorious beacon of lightbigs is a glorious beacon of lightbigs is a glorious beacon of light
Feedback Score: 6 reviews
^not photoshopped

bigs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2012, 06:57 PM   #13695
holemilk00
Nissanaholic!

holemilk00 is a jewel in the roughholemilk00 is a jewel in the roughholemilk00 is a jewel in the roughholemilk00 is a jewel in the roughholemilk00 is a jewel in the roughholemilk00 is a jewel in the roughholemilk00 is a jewel in the rough
Quote:
Originally Posted by 97nismo View Post
red car looks photo shopped

flip was right...as for the usdm skirts....i think its implied if you do infact say udsm you mean the stock and jdm means the zenki or navan...

i didnt know the difference in the navan and jdm kouki... thought they were the same
JDM kouki skirts are the same as USDM. NaVan skirts and what everyone is implying when they say JDM kouki skirts are the exact same thing.

As for optional NaVan skirts on koukis, There is ZERO difference between the NaVan skirts for the zenki, and what everyone means when they say JDM kouki skirts. They are in fact NaVan skirts.

I've heard a lot of talk about zenki skirts being different than NaVan skirts but other than the two different part numbers and one pic showing 1/2" difference in one set of each nothing else had been brought to my attention as proof. Just seems like a huge waste of resources to produce two skirts that to 90% of their customer base are going to look exactly alike. I'm not saying they didn't do it, I just don't see why they would have. I think it's more of a tooling difference in molds myself. But then again s13 Silvia ks aero skirts and chuki 180 skirts look too much alike to be worth it if I were in charge. Haha.

Also not trying to start an argument with anyone, just having a discussion.

Night shot again. Because that's the only time I can get anyone to take pics of my car.

Old 08-05-2012, 07:02 PM   #13696
tricky_ab
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (23)
tricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud of
Feedback Score: 23 reviews

tricky_ab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2012, 07:03 PM   #13697
fliprayzin240sx
Man w/ CTSV & a Car Seat

Somebody was telling me about it...just cant remember now. I can neither confirm or deny it myself. I should have checked when I was in Japan. I had a buddy that had a full navan setup on his car. Should have taken measurements. Then again, I didnt think I was gonna run OEM aero till the last couple of weeks before I left.

CLICK HERE!!!
Old 08-05-2012, 07:13 PM   #13698
trooyy68
Zilvia Member

trooyy68 is an unknown quantity at this point
Kouki headlights and signals

Anyone have any? I dont care if its USDM or JDM.... But JDM is a plus! Pm me
trooyy68 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2012, 07:16 PM   #13699
holemilk00
Nissanaholic!

^^^^There are actually a LOT of them on eBay this week for decent prices. Normally they want $200 for shipping on $300 lights. Haha
Old 08-05-2012, 07:23 PM   #13700
shiftdrift
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (42)
shiftdrift is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 42 reviews
sumslapper, that looks great. does it rub a lot?
Old 08-05-2012, 07:23 PM   #13701
revat619
Retired General

Trader Rating: (7)
revat619 is close to perfectionrevat619 is close to perfectionrevat619 is close to perfectionrevat619 is close to perfectionrevat619 is close to perfectionrevat619 is close to perfectionrevat619 is close to perfectionrevat619 is close to perfectionrevat619 is close to perfectionrevat619 is close to perfectionrevat619 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 7 reviews
I'm gonna go ahead an call bullshit on the whole difference between naVan sides and zenki/kouki optional sides "argument". I was an importer for several years and never saw a difference and neither did any of our guys in japan.

Unless someone puts up a side by side comparison pic and can confirm that there's an honest difference (which i HIGHLY doubt) then, again, this whole thing is complete and utter shit.
Instagram: @rjsladerade
revat619 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2012, 07:30 PM   #13702
trooyy68
Zilvia Member

trooyy68 is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by holemilk00 View Post
^^^^There are actually a LOT of them on eBay this week for decent prices. Normally they want $200 for shipping on $300 lights. Haha
You think you could PM me the link or post it. Loll I dont see any for less than 400
trooyy68 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2012, 08:48 PM   #13703
Victory!!
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (3)
Victory!! is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
Old 08-05-2012, 09:01 PM   #13704
xoxide
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (21)
xoxide is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 21 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by revat619 View Post
I'm gonna go ahead an call bullshit on the whole difference between naVan sides and zenki/kouki optional sides "argument". I was an importer for several years and never saw a difference and neither did any of our guys in japan.

Unless someone puts up a side by side comparison pic and can confirm that there's an honest difference (which i HIGHLY doubt) then, again, this whole thing is complete and utter shit.
Well, thats good because nobody was arguing that they were different.
xoxide is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2012, 09:04 PM   #13705
delado
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (11)
delado is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 11 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by xoxide View Post
Well, thats good because nobody was arguing that they were different.
Actually someone above mentioned that one went lower so....
Quote:
Originally Posted by silviaks2nr View Post
That's because everyone with a zenki feels sorry for themselves and they find commonality in the fact that there's no hope for making them look remotely good.
delado is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2012, 11:21 PM   #13706
Sumslapper
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (5)
Sumslapper is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 5 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by shiftdrift View Post
sumslapper, that looks great. does it rub a lot?
Did not rub at all. Rolled/pulled and -2.5 camber all around. Im retarded and sadly sold that setup
Sumslapper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2012, 01:10 AM   #13707
nujabe
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (9)
nujabe can only hope to improve
Feedback Score: 9 reviews
Ae86 meet in Oakland. I don't know the owner of the silver kouki but it was nice!! My piece on the left. I finally got metal fenders and a new hood so no more dented hood and hood spacers soon.
Old 08-06-2012, 08:26 AM   #13708
dreaMervaj
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (18)
dreaMervaj is making his/her stupidity well-knowndreaMervaj is making his/her stupidity well-knowndreaMervaj is making his/her stupidity well-knowndreaMervaj is making his/her stupidity well-knowndreaMervaj is making his/her stupidity well-known
Feedback Score: 18 reviews
JDM Kouki side skirts? I don't know much but I have always called those bigger OEM side skirts Zenki "JDM" side skirts. Lol.

And because I miss my car.

dreaMervaj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2012, 09:11 AM   #13709
97nismo
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (53)
97nismo is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 53 reviews
the only reason i mentioned the navan and jdm kouki because the guy replicating them on here...also making the jdm oem kouki lip said that the jdm kouki skirts were more aggressive than the navan...they all looked the same to me though
http://zilvia.net/f/advertiser-annou...roduction.html
Old 08-06-2012, 09:28 AM   #13710
shiftdrift
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (42)
shiftdrift is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 42 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sumslapper View Post
Did not rub at all. Rolled/pulled and -2.5 camber all around. Im retarded and sadly sold that setup
hmm. what tire sizes was that? what strut/spring?